BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia VI: Gangs of Denbrain

unreality

"And the whole Ninja/GR exchange in the intro bothers me...like the pig-letter thing in IV...maybe they're actually on the same side, i.e. the Ninja is a secret baddie or the GR is a secret innocent..."

This bothers me. How could any player be a secret faction without that being mentioned in the opening rules?

edit added quotes

....Umm....remember Dawh being the secret baddie Jihadist trying to kill the Warlock in Mafia IV...?

Edit: And he succeeded, in a part due to the fact no one considered the possibility... :unsure:

Edited by Yoruichi-san

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Umm....remember Dawh being the secret baddie Jihadist trying to kill the Warlock in Mafia IV...?

Edit: And he succeeded, in a part due to the fact no one considered the possibility... :unsure:

Yeah, that was a really easy and almost cheap win for the Jihadist. I think the same type thing may be happening with the Yakuza. I thought it said in the rules somewhere that they have their own secret objective.

Edit: BTW, how much time is left?

And is anyone else considering voting for the bomber?

Edited by Brandonb

I have to admit, I'm still a little torn. I mean, I'd hate to lose an innocent right off the bat, but what if they're not bluffing and they have the information? But on the other hand, is it truly a loss to the innocents to have them kill the Street Vendor? Sure the SV has a lot of useful information, but he's also an informant to the mafia and will in a sense be working against us. Yet back on the other hand, wouldn't it be worth losing the SB if we also gained the identity of both the GR and one of the Yakuza? But again to the other hand, there's a very high probability that even if the Mafia did have that information they would not make good on their promise...or they would just lie. Yet, back to the first hand, do we want to risk lynching an innocent that could be of more value to us than the SB (like the Doc, Janitor, Spy, etc.) by a random vote?

I JUST DON"T KNOW!!!! :wacko:

Edit: spelling and grammar

Edited by puzzlegirl

Yeah, that was a really easy and almost cheap win for the Jihadist. I think the same type thing may be happening with the Yakuza. I thought it said in the rules somewhere that they have their own secret objective.

Yeah...but you know the Yakuza are baddies...but the fact that Unreality put in that whole Ninja/GR exhange in the intro makes me suspicious...it's not like him to put things in without a reason...he sometimes makes the stories unnecessarily (although not unpleasantly ;)) long, but each one has a purpose...I dunno, just think we should keep the possibility in mind so we don't get blind-sided like in IV...

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Yoruichi-san

there is no GR/Ninja secrets or Jihadist-like thing this game ;D

yes, and everyone knows that the Yakuza have a secret objective. It's not secret secret like the Jihadist was. It's just unknown to the non-Yakuza. The Yakuza is a known-to-exist and known-to-be-separate faction with its own hidden goal ;D Though the scavenger hunt may help to reveal some of the secrets in this game

btw the Jihadist wasn't cheap, it had a very low win chance and only got one chance to blow the right person up, but it so happened, much due to dawh's cleverness and ability to stay in the game undetected, that he managed to do it, not due to cheapness :P

14 hrs 40 minutes

Edited by unreality

it may have just been a really cool battle (which it was, i think UR said there would be no clues in the day/ night posts.

I agree. I don't think it was meant to be any sort of a hint or a foretelling event. UR also wrote about the goon who was offed and the Scorpion gang...all of which were totally fictional and have no bearing on the players of this game.

I don't think it has been asked, but do we find out in the night post if the QA's managed to obtain BTSC? I'm guessing not....

They get it if they both go after the same person, and they didn't...one went after Frost, and the other Bb...

And thanks, Unreality, for clearing that up...one less thing to be paranoid about...XP

see the rules, there's a section near the bottom that explains all the various forms of BTSC in the game (SV is different, that's one-way-only, SV PMs me message which is passed on to the Mafia, and Bankroller/Oyabun are sort of like messages from the baddies)

anyway it's all in the rules B))

Mafia VI Rules, Roles, Voting Help

Mafia VI Intro

Night One - Cliff Jumping

** they both pick the same person to kill (the kill happens)

** one picks the other, the other picks someone (they meet up, but no kill happens)

** they both pick the other person (no kill happens)

Even if this (bold) is the condition in which they achieve BTSC?

EDIT: we find out that they achieved BTSC is in this case too? It is unclear

Edit2: yes, I've read the rules.

Edited by tolecnal

** they both pick the same person to kill (the kill happens)

** one picks the other, the other picks someone (they meet up, but no kill happens)

** they both pick the other person (no kill happens)

Even if this (bold) is the condition in which they achieve BTSC?

uhhh yeah, that's on the list too ;D Just added that for Mafia VI. And it's not unclear- if you read previous Mafia games, it's ALWAYS shown when Doc/Healer, QAs, etc, get BTSC. It won't be shown for Vagabond/Defender if Vagabond tags Def (cuz tagging only shows up if tagged a QA), but will be shown if Defender saves Vagabond

Edited by unreality

will someone please direct me to the post #s where LIS, GC, and LM are implicated as being possible baddies? I must have skipped over some pages somewhere because I don't know where those votes came from. Thanks!

current roster:

Mafia VI Rules, Roles, Voting Help

Mafia VI Intro

Night One - Cliff Jumping

Host: Unreality

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

10) Cherry Lane - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter - voting for LM

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty - voting for LIS

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

14 hours til the day post, people ;D

will someone please direct me to the post #s where LIS, GC, and LM are implicated as being possible baddies? I must have skipped over some pages somewhere because I don't know where those votes came from. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that these are just random guesses. LIS is "suspicious" because he keeps thinking that the scorpions are real characters, but I have absolutely no idea why GC and LM are being picked.

it could just be Unreality, highly irregularly, trying to save post space

no wait it looks a bit more sinister than that

LM,

I'm curious as to why the above post looks 'sinister' to you?

DOH!!!

hits head**gets the clue**

so sorry

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but it looks like Unreality is reminding CP to send in a PM for an activity...are there innocents that PM the host on the first night?

This is the post that LM was refering to.

"There really isn't much to go on...but I know for sure that there has to be a veteran in the mafia, only someone that's really good at this game would come up with an awesome night letter as that. Hell, even I couldn't come up with something as good as that. That is why I vote for GC. He is one of the craftiest players in this game." -frost

This is why GC is/was being questioned

Edit)There you have it Frozen.

Edited by crazypainter

uhhh yeah, that's on the list too ;D Just added that for Mafia VI. And it's not unclear- if you read previous Mafia games, it's ALWAYS shown when Doc/Healer, QAs, etc, get BTSC. It won't be shown for Vagabond/Defender if Vagabond tags Def (cuz tagging only shows up if tagged a QA), but will be shown if Defender saves Vagabond

Gah...oops, have to go back and read the [incredibly long] rules more closely...the Philosopher distraction is not helping either...:P

oh... I see. But Brandonb is more known for being incredibly evil...

Lol...but Bb's not evil (even if he *is* a lawyer ;P)...he just plays very craftily...and yeah, I thought the message seemed kinda Bb-esque, and he does seem to be the only one kinda pushing to vote for Tocenal...but I'm not sure...

Now I dont claim to know Bb at all or what he is like but...

I have worked for a Lawyer b4 and they are damn smart.

Just to get into law school you gotta be above the best.

If he had passed the bar I would be more nervous than

I already am. (I know you are still in law school, bb)

But then I know not to trust anyone.

edit: ()

Edited by crazypainter

sorry, computer malfunctioning...again...

Damn!!!!

double posting again... grr

But... BrB has done nothing to

raise my spidey sense. I cant find any info that would make me point the finger his way.

Edited by crazypainter