BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia VI: Gangs of Denbrain

unreality

For the sole purpose of continuing this and preventing the lynching of LIS(who seems to be telling the truth)...I have nothing against you Dusty...just want to tie it up. B))

Host: Unreality

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for Dusty

4) Brandonb - voting for LIS

5) Dawh - voting for Dusty

6) Ysan

7) LIS - voting for Dusty

8) Clueless - voting for Pw0nzd

9) Twoaday

10) Cherry Lane - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl - voting for Phaze

13) Phaze - voting for Mekal

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene - voting for LIS

16) CrazyPainter - voting for LM

17) Pw0nzd - voting for LIS

18) Dusty - voting for LIS

19) LM - voting for Dusty

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edited by Frost

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIS and TwoADay... just chill... I changed my vote so you can be happy now :) don't worry be happy. I am the ultimate goodie gooder. If you are an innocent I have your back I do not know who is snakey and who is not but I am real busy at work right now and can't take a lot of time at this second to think about it. will be back later.

TAD: that entire post was not all my writing. i misquoted (accidentally removed quote lines) from part of LIS's post.

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for TwoaDay

6) Ysan

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene - not voting right now

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Frost was voting for Dusty

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for Dusty

6) Ysan

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene - not voting right now

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

I want to keep this tied...see what happens.

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen

3) Frost

6) Ysan

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edited by Frost

it's been pointed out that the day should've ended where it ended, and at that time the votes were for LIS. Now I'm confused lol

edit: well now it's a tie...

edit2: so it seems fair to give the tie to LIS and have him lynched, since he was the person being lynched when the day ended

edit3: either way, the voting is CLOSED

Edited by unreality

it's been pointed out that the day should've ended where it ended, and at that time the votes were for LIS. Now I'm confused lol

edit: well now it's a tie...

edit2: so it seems fair to give the tie to LIS and have him lynched, since he was the person being lynched when the day ended

edit3: either way, the voting is CLOSED

Well, that's unfair, you promised a day extension. If the stuff outside of the topic needed more time, we should get it as well.

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen

3) Frost

6) Ysan

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl - voting for Dusty

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

First, I think that UR gave us an hours notice that the debate would continue, which is ample notice and we should respect his host authority. Second, I am breaking the tie and placing my bets on Dusty (sorry dear) because she seems the most suspicious of the two.

Edit: I was busy writing this when UR said the vote was closed.

Edited by puzzlegirl

I said I would post the day post at noon- it's 11:56 so I need to write it. Which means the voting is closed, day is over, please wait for day post ;D Which means, since it's a tie, the tie means LIS dies, because at the true end of day he was one with most votes. I don't want to be accused of cheating of unfairness, so I have to follow the rules :D

edit: well it seems people want Dusty to die instead. I said I would extend the day for my own reasons, so Frost is right, you guys get it too. If 24 hrs wasn't enough for all the discussion maybe we need to extend the days more

edit2: to make it as fair as possible, everyone reading this better make some quality contributions like I said lol, and the voting will close at exactly 12:30, then I will start to work on the day post

Edited by unreality

edit: well it seems people want Dusty to die instead. I said I would extend the day for my own reasons, so Frost is right, you guys get it too. If 24 hrs wasn't enough for all the discussion maybe we need to extend the days more

It's not that we need longer days, it's just that this specific one took much longer because of the Mafia's letter. Everyone was too afraid to vote from the start, which took a while.

It's not that we need longer days, it's just that this specific one took much longer because of the Mafia's letter. Everyone was too afraid to vote from the start, which took a while.

yeah, see my edit2 on the post above

btw a mini-post might be coming in a second, not sure

edit: yes a post is coming in a second, hang on

Edited by unreality

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen

3) Frost

6) Ysan

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene--voting for Dusty

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

looked over dusty's posts and I agree she seems like a qa or something.. sorry.. now this is IF my vote counts

Mafia VI Rules, Roles, Voting Help

Mafia VI Intro

Night One - Cliff Jumping

During Day One - Mekal's Suffrage

No More Tacos

"C'mon folks! Keep the votin' going, I hear that extra change jingling in your pocket! C'mon, tacos, tacos! Get yer tacos!" the Street Vendor called, displaying an authentic platter of Mexican tacos to the voting crowd. "Get em hot! Get em here! Get em-"

"Shut up and follow me," came a voice behind her. Puzzlegirl, the Street Vendor, turned and followed the Godfather out of the square and behind a small sandwich shop.

"My brother owns this place," the Godfather said softly, attaching a silencer.

"Wh-what?" Puzzlegirl stammered, before she was shot in the head.

"Dispatched," the Godfather said coldly. "You should've given us your name!"

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [street Vendor] Dispatched by Mafia

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Hey guys, just woke up.

LIS: In my opinion you have cleared yourself (hope you get better soon ;) )

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen

3) Frost

6) Ysan

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene - voting for Dusty

17) Pw0nzd

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edit: to add Rene's vote and....... whoa, where did that ^^^^^^ come from!!!!

Edited by pw0nzd

I was just informed (not very nicely) that this is like a CP-repeat from Mafia IV, and I agree in retrospect. Sorry LIS. I'm the host, I can't break the rules

Does that mean LIS = dead?

Does that mean LIS = dead?

yes. Sorry- don't know why I broke the rules, I was just freaking out that I had like 3 minutes til the day post deadline and so many posts to read and it didn't even cross my mind to just say "voting closed, lemme read then make the day post". Again, sorry LIS, rules are rules

please nobody post until the day post

Wow, that was a lot to read through. I am sorry for my recent activity which led to me being suspicious (along with my vote), and me not being able to change my vote as promised. I only started the vote for BS reasons to get the ball rolling, and intended to change it once I heard LIS' defense. Unfortunately, my night went on longer than I anticipated, and I wasn't able to check Mafia until I got to work this morning.

It's a little interesting seeing the change in votes towards me, and how some people just follow along. makes me a little suspicious of them, but then again, this is mafia and I'm paranoid and suspicious of everyone.

Wow, that was a lot to read through. I am sorry for my recent activity which led to me being suspicious (along with my vote), and me not being able to change my vote as promised. I only started the vote for BS reasons to get the ball rolling, and intended to change it once I heard LIS' defense. Unfortunately, my night went on longer than I anticipated, and I wasn't able to check Mafia until I got to work this morning.

It's a little interesting seeing the change in votes towards me, and how some people just follow along. makes me a little suspicious of them, but then again, this is mafia and I'm paranoid and suspicious of everyone.

see that post just makes me even more suspicious of you, Dusty

edit: apologies forgot posting was BANNED until day post

Edited by lemonymelon

Mafia VI Intro

During Day One - No More Tacos

Azure Sky

A vast blue sky pierced by mighty mountains shone over Denbrain, practically glowing with the brilliance of the sun. Dnae, sitting on a hill in one of Denbrain's parks, watched the sky slowly change colors, getting darker and redder as the sun began to melt into the mountains. Because of the tall mountains all around Denbrain, the days tended to be shorter than in other places, and Dnae didn't have long to wait before a golden-crimson twilight was sparkling in the streets of the city. Dnae hadn't been participating in the talks at the Town Square- in an hour or so it would be known whether or not Sinistral could replace him.

In the Town Square, the citizens noticed the abrupt change into twilight as well, and all eyes turned to LIS. He backed up slowly, nervously.

"C'mon guys," he said. "I'm the Defender!"

"Whatever you are," said Ysan. "You're dead. I didn't vote for you, but others did. Sorry."

"Yeah, when lots of people refrain from voting or are split a lot, 4 or 5 votes can condemn someone," agreed Frost. "Sorry man."

"I swear I'm the Defender! I can prove it! I-" Without another word he turned around and sprinted into the 'Town Hall'- the big skyscraper at one end of the central town square.

"He must be a baddie!" someone roared, and mob mentality swept everyone up- they shouted and waved weapons (how did she get THAT out of her shirt?) and piled into the doors of the Town Hall, pushing and shoving in eagerness to chase LIS down.

He looked behind himself as he ran, almost colliding with the elevator door. Frantically he pushed the call button, over and over, dancing on his toes, looking backward nervously at the yelling crowd which was surging toward him across the smooth high-tech floor.

Finally a pleasant ping sounded and the elevator doors slid open, LIS diving inside and slamming the highest button he could see. After what seemed to be a billion years, the elevator doors finally clicked and slid shut, closing off the noise of the angry crowd. LIS sighed and banged his head against the elevator paneling furiously.

"Hehehe," Pw0nzd said from below. The crowd had to resort to other methods to nail this baddie. They were gathered around a small electrical panel near the elevator, and Pw0nzd was messing with the wires. Everyone watched him eagerly.

Back in the elevator, LIS watched the floor numbers whip by. The elevator was picking up a lot more speed than it should- at least ten floors were whipping past every second now! LIS pounded fearfully against all the emergency buttons he could see, but it was like someone had been messing with the electronics...

Pw0nzd stood back, admiring his handiwork. A loud screaming filled everyone's ears, and they rushed outside.

The elevator was a blur behind the glass of the uppermost stories of the Town Hall, shooting upwards at blinding speeds. Finally the screams reached a crescendo and the elevator unclipped from its holsters and shot straight out of the roof in an explosion of glass. The elevator rocketed skyward, a tiny box amid the twilight.

Up there, LIS realized two things. First, it was the shaft that had seemed paneled- the actual elevator box was clear! He looked out at the city sprawled below him with a detached wonder, as if he wasn't really there. Second, he realized that while it was twilight down in the mountain-shielded Denbrain, up here the sky was still azure and the sun was still just above the mountaintops.

LIS took one long look at the azure sky before the elevator's momentum reached its peak and he began to drop.

"AAAaaaaahhhh!" It was like the world's tallest world coaster raised to the fiftieth power, then put on steroids, then raised to the fiftieth power again. Oh, and nothing to strap you in. LIS was freefalling within the elevator, his organs flying upwards inside his body, his mouth frozen in a silent scream and his feet tingling with his approaching demise. The mountainsides flashed by outside... and then the smashed hole on top of the Town Square... then he had fallen past that, and was hurtling closer and closer to the ground... the speed was mind-numbing, the G-forces so intense his body was almost rattled apart.

Then the elevator smashed into the middle of the park, the glass ground into a heap of fine sparkling crystal sand. The park where Dnae had been sitting. Hopefully Sinistral could find his way into Denbrain and take his place- or someone else. Anyone else.

Meanwhile, the lynch crowd congratulated each other and headed down to LIS's flat to see who he was.

That's when they froze. An array of CCTV camera screens and security equipment were scattered in LIS's garage, and one of them was trained on an Oriental-looking, candlelit room- the mysterious Ninja's training chamber. LIS had been the Defender!

Scared and slightly discouraged, the citizens of Denbrain headed home, very much aware of the baddie presence within them. It would take a lot of skill for the baddies to win, but so far, they had been doing a pretty good job. This game was balanced to the point that it was a match of ultimate wits and complexity between the warring groups, and with the second night approaching, it was about to enter a whole new stage...

Mekal's house

"Thanks for nothing!" he shouted angrily as the city-owned limo disappeared around the corner of the neighborhood. "I told you I paid my taxes!" When the car was gone for good, Mekal grinned. "Yeah, right," he added, smirking. "I've evaded my taxes for the past five years."

He strode into his house, picking up the paper from the doorstep- it was an express edition, bearing the news of Denbrain's first public execution- apparently LIS, the Defender, had been launched into the air in an elevator, to drop a terrifying drop to his death. Ouch. Mekal dropped the paper on the kitchen table and went to wash his hands. A rough knocking sounded on the front door. Mekal groaned- his vote had already been removed, now what? Then he remembered it was almost night- was he the first victim?

"Nah," he muttered to himself. "There's still a few minutes of daytime." He walked over to the door confidently, but before he could open it, it burst open, wood splinters flying everywhere.

"You're under arrest!" barked an unidentifiable voice.

"Wha-?" Mekal peered at the shadow blocking the doorway until his eyes found the star badge of a police officer. Oh no, he thought. This day hasn't been the best for me.

"Time to go down to the station," the Policeman said in his/her intimidating drone, then grabbed Mekal and flipped him over, putting his hands behind his back while handcuffs were snapped securely around his wrists.

"You have the right to remain silent," the Policeman continued as he/she led Mekal out of the smashed door and to the police car waiting outside. "Anything said can be used against you, bla bla bla. Time to spend the night with me in jail- that is, unless I release you halfway through after interrogating you."

"Interrogating me?" Mekal gulped.

"Yeah, I get to ask you one question," the Policeman explained as they drove quickly to the jail, siren blaring. Red and blue lights flashed against whatever scenery they passed. "You can answer any way you want. Then I decide whether or not to release you or hold you in jail for the rest of the night."

"Ah," Mekal muttered. "Great."

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS - DEAD [Defender] Lynched

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF

14) Mekal - arrested

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edited by unreality

it's the second night! Links and correct roster:

Mafia VI Intro

During Day One - No More Tacos

Day One - Azure Sky

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS - DEAD [Defender] Lynched

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) Phaze

14) Mekal - arrested

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

"Wh-what?" Puzzlegirl stammered, before she was shot in the head.

Dang! Why do I always die the first day! Innocents, keep a lookout for my haunting...it will contain some clues you need!