BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia VI: Gangs of Denbrain

unreality

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That didn't work out well. Sorry LIS!!! I really only voted for you to get the voting started, and didn't expect people to follow along.

Dang it, I'm just going to do this, because after work, I have a hot date with my boyfriend, and am not sure if I'll be back to revote/be more active. I will try to check again tonight...

LIS was kind of suspicious in always confusing the Yakuza's by calling them scorpions, after being corrected a couple times. It's a minor reason, and I can probably easily be convinced otherwise, but I'm trying to jump start the vote. So LIS, I vote for you.

I realize now that whoever starts the vote first is always considered suspicious. I should have learned that lesson by seeing what Brandonb went through in past Mafias, and followed his lead in being quiet for the beginning.

Anyway that aside, I'm going to vote for dusty as she's trying to deflect speculation away from herself and starting bandwagons.

That's kind of an odd statement, since there was no speculation towards me, and the only reason I started the vote was said above.

I also found TwoaDay's voting strategy a bit odd. After LIS voted for Rene, TwoaDay immediately joined, saying that he was suspicious of her last statement. Then when LIS changed his vote to me, TwoaDay did too, without giving a reason. Then after following LIS on the voting pattern, he withdraws his vote completely. Was this to avoid suspicion over the changing of votes? You can't blame that on newness, since you learned that lesson in Mafia V. I dunno, this just seemed odd to me...

I also found TwoaDay's voting strategy a bit odd. After LIS voted for Rene, TwoaDay immediately joined, saying that he was suspicious of her last statement. Then when LIS changed his vote to me, TwoaDay did too, without giving a reason. Then after following LIS on the voting pattern, he withdraws his vote completely. Was this to avoid suspicion over the changing of votes? You can't blame that on newness, since you learned that lesson in Mafia V. I dunno, this just seemed odd to me...

I noticed that too, that's why I voted for him at one point.

Well, seeing as LIS was the defender that definitely makes TwoaDay worth watching. I personally think that it was TwoaDay defending LIS by trying to outvote everyone else. We will have to wait and see...

Edit: clarity

Edited by pw0nzd

Yeah that's fine to replace me. As I said, I was on yesterday and back on today at 13:15, just missing the deadline (of course) 'cause there was nothing for me to vote upon before I left my internet. I could have just posted a vote but when I came back today, you all would have wanted me dead due to me not defending my vote.

-Please replace me, no more mafia for me I guess until I can get on at home... really sucks!!! Oh Well

Miss you guys and gals...I guess this is goodbye forever :(

Edited by dnae

PG: you are dead. You can't give anything away :D

Fine, but I just want to say that SV is a sh*tty role. I was screwed from the get-go no matter what I said or did. And the fact that the word "dispatched" has several meanings made me shoot myself in the foot, because I didn't understand my role by the description given.

So you know my role and that I was an innocent, but do you know that...

a Diamond sings of the pure at heart that evil cannot sway

down the street fell down the hill and broken there she'll stay.

So poo!

Edit: *a disgruntled PG vows off Mafia for good*

Edited by puzzlegirl

Edit: *a disgruntled PG vows off Mafia for good*

oh really? I'm sure you'll come back... but you'll have a few demands, probably. :D

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Uh oh...Sorry, LIS...this timing thing sucks :(.

And actually, I'm always kind of laid back on the first day...to gather information before I start the baddie hunt...and this one has been somewhat informative ;P

Anyways, Healer/Doctor/Phoenix, I hope you realize who you have to protect...if not...I may have figured out who the Ninja should go after...have to get to a meeting, but I'll be back later and give you what I've got...

dnae: we don't have to replace you if you can be active. If you can't be active from now on, then we'll have to look for a replacement :D In the meantime, participate as much as you can ;D

I think it's unfair to everybody if I stay so replace me...

So, I can lie-detect tonight (but not 2 nights in a row), but I can only lie-detect very particular statements...

I hate that I can't play my role without input because everyone knows who I am, makes me feel very puppet-like, but oh twell let me know if you have an opinion. (pls note that the Suicide Bomber, being the ex-terrorist that I am, does not respond well to orders unless she trully thinks you are right -_- )

PG, that was a beautiful riddle! I wonder what it means... perhaps that Cherry Lane was an innocent?

After this, I'm done with Mafia too. This is my swan song. Why? A few reasons:

* people are just being @ssholes, or complaining too much. I'm doing the best I can- I think only me and Frost here can appreciate how hard it is to be a host, especially when people gripe and complain, not realizing that it's already tough as it is. Looking at Puzzlegirl's post above: she got a sh*tty role and so she's vowing off Mafia forever??? One, it's not a sh*tty role, it's a hard-to-play role and if I can recall correctly, when I PMed it to her she was eager for the challenge. Two, let's just say it is the worst possible role ever. So you're done with Mafia?

* again, people don't appreciate the time it takes to be a host. I couldn't host both the mini-LOST Mafia and Mafia VI at the same time, so I had to stop LOST Mafia. Puzzlegirl is still mad about that! WTF!

* I was so stressed out this morning for real-life reasons, and then someone (I won't name them) practically exploded to me in a PM, yelling in capital letters how I shouldn't have had a time extension and how I hadn't done a specific thing at the right time

* maybe I'm not a good host. Itachi didn't seem to think the game was moving fast enough in Mafia III, same with Sagekid. I chose my role in Mafia V. KOP called me a hypocrite... so maybe I shouldn't host anymore. And when Nayana was griping about being taken out for inactivity- I wasn't even the host then, but it's just hard to be the host

* I'm really tired right now, and I'm gonna get some rest. The scav hunt is over, Frost and Dawh and Sinistral are the winners, I'll think of a prize later. I'll think about what I said here and if I actually mean it

good day all :D

Edited by unreality

Well put my friend, Mafia started off great and then got super crazy...(that was meant to be a compliment to you being that it was vERY involving)

...however...

b/c of the coolness of the game and being very detailed and what not, it took a lot of time from those who have a life, no offense to anyone out there btw, and became more stress then it was worth.

And WTF, people yelling at you just 'cause they're not getting their mafia fix, screw them...if they don't like what's on TV, then change the f***ing channel!!! You've done really well with the whole Mafia thing but it's getting a little out of hand. And the same trouble makers keep coming back. Remember Mafia II and III??? Way more laid back. (Seemed to be full of gamers too, just adding THAT in there :) ) I say kudos to you for coming up with this and uniting us all in a "fun" game but "nothing gold can stay"...

* people are just being @ssholes, or complaining too much. I'm doing the best I can- I think only me and Frost here can appreciate how hard it is to be a host, especially when people gripe and complain, not realizing that it's already tough as it is. Looking at Puzzlegirl's post above: she got a sh*tty role and so she's vowing off Mafia forever??? One, it's not a sh*tty role, it's a hard-to-play role and if I can recall correctly, when I PMed it to her she was eager for the challenge. Two, let's just say it is the worst possible role ever. So you're done with Mafia?

* again, people don't appreciate the time it takes to be a host. I couldn't host both the mini-LOST Mafia and Mafia VI at the same time, so I had to stop LOST Mafia. Puzzlegirl is still mad about that! WTF!

* I was so stressed out this morning for real-life reasons, and then someone (I won't name them) practically exploded to me in a PM, yelling in capital letters how I shouldn't have had a time extension and how I hadn't done a specific thing at the right time

* maybe I'm not a good host. Itachi didn't seem to think the game was moving fast enough in Mafia III, same with Sagekid. I chose my role in Mafia V. KOP called me a hypocrite... so maybe I shouldn't host anymore

* I'm really tired right now, and I'm gonna get some rest. The scav hunt is over, Frost and Dawh and Sinistral are the winners, I'll think of a prize later. I'll think about what I said here and if I actually mean it

aww... come on. I think that just because some people are being idiots now and then doesn't mean you're a crappy host and that you should retire. I mean, who would take over Mafia if you did? :huh: Everyone makes mistakes and you've made a few. Big deal. I've made mistakes in my time. about a million of them. I'll understand if you really want to quit, but just know that not everyone that plays Mafia is a total *****. ;)

* maybe I'm not a good host. Itachi didn't seem to think the game was moving fast enough in Mafia III, same with Sagekid. I chose my role in Mafia V. KOP called me a hypocrite... so maybe I shouldn't host anymore

Wow. Ok...uhhh...I'll vouch for the "it's really difficult to host bit," it really is, I had to spend a lot of time entirely on the game, more han I had ever planned.

PG, don't quit mafia because you got the SV role. While I'll admit it is a very difficult role to play, there is a great del of strategy in it.

It is really annoying if you are host and then people start complaining a lot about things, like in last game. That was just insane! And it wasn't in PMs(though I got a few), it was in the actual topic! It made little difference in how the whole game played out, it just wasted people's time. Also, if you're going to complain, at least be nice about it. Just kindly point something out, YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT IT REALLY LOUD! It is aggrevating, let's see you host better than unreality if you want to complain, and trust me, it's not as easy as you would think. Take the amount of time it takes to play it and multiply by pi, raise that to the tenth power, then multiply by e, and you still aren't even close to the work it takes to host(ok maybe not that much, but you see my point :P).

Anyway, I think unreality shouldn't quit hosting these games. He is the best host I have ever seen(not like I have seen many others, if any, but you get the idea :D).I t's tough to host...especially with games as big as these.

After this, I'm done with Mafia too.

*PG bows her head in shame*

Wow, I am SOOOOOO sorry, UR, I didn't mean to take my frustration out on you. Personally I think you do an amazing job hosting the game and that is why I have enjoyed it so much. I can't imagine the demands on you as host, it must be very stressful not to mention extremely time consuming. I am truly appreciative for all of the effort you've put into making this a fun and exciting game.

Looking at Puzzlegirl's post above: she got a sh*tty role and so she's vowing off Mafia forever??? One, it's not a sh*tty role, it's a hard-to-play role and if I can recall correctly, when I PMed it to her she was eager for the challenge.

I swore off the game because I am not a good player and as a result I keep dying on the first day. I get my hopes up with the beginning of each new game and then I get offed immediately. I'm the only one to blame for my lack of cleverness. And, yes, I do have some gripes about the SV role (posted those in the Discussion thread), but I'm not blaming you for that. I think the SV is great in theory, but in actuality there is no way to play a winning game in that role. And, yes, I said I was up for the challenge, but that's because I mis-understood my role description....again, not your fault...just my poor vocabulary I guess.

I had to stop LOST Mafia. Puzzlegirl is still mad about that! WTF!

Wow, I thought you knew I was kidding with you about that. I'm really sorry that you took it that way. Yes, I was disappointed when it was called off, but that's becasue it was the first time that things seemed to be going my way and I might have a chance at winning. I just wanted to experience victory once...or at least see the sun rise on the second day. :)

Anyhow, I'm sorry for being b*tchy...I just really wanted to play! And I'm sorry for all the pressure that your position as host puts on you...I wouldn't wish it on myself in a million years. I hope you can accept my apology.

*PG, head still bowed, raises her eyes to UR, and looks at him humbly, meekly, repentant*

P.S. If it would make you feel better I can pull a "Niki" for you later. ;)

EDIT: clarification

Edited by puzzlegirl

Unreality,

I hope you dont get too upset and quit as you have a real talent for writing and hosting.

Please dont take anything on here personally. ^_^

This is not real life. Just a screen. The ppl posting and being rude dont realize thay are being rude most of the time.

Remember my dear sweet gifted boy, that many comments are not about you.

Usually it is about the person who is writing the comment. You may find this out if

you ever decide to take a psychology class in the future. I mean this in the nicest and

purest of ways. Please think of me as a big sister or mentor at an after school center.

(which I have been, with hs students that were very involved in mafia, dnd, wow)

Let this be a lesson to all of us...after we write a post or any email..in anger...

stop.. breathe... reread the email or post.. think..do we really want to send it?

:)

Really??

Edited by crazypainter

Unreality

Kinda funny thing is this morning I was thinking about how much effort it must take to be a host, adn I personally commend you for being so selfless to take so much time so a few of us can enjoy the game (even if momentarily like pG and LIS). Don't give it up but I think everyone might need a bit of a break from it.

-April

Anyway, I think unreality shouldn't quit hosting these games. He is the best host I have ever seen(not like I have seen many others, if any, but you get the idea :D).It's tough to host...especially with games as big as these.

I agree. He's ingenious! Not to mention uber-creative, witty, and wise beyond his years. He has offered so much to BrainDen, it would be a shame if idiots like me scared him away from something he is obviously so gifted at. I just think about "The Deity System" and how he came up with that whole senerio and I am amazed. And now these Mafia games with all of their intricacies and inter-weaving ploys and I am just dumb-struck at his ability to create and carry such a thing. Again, thanks UR, you have been an invaluable member of BD.

I agree. He's ingenious! Not to mention uber-creative, witty, and wise beyond his years. He has offered so much to BrainDen, it would be a shame if idiots like me scared him away from something he is obviously so gifted at. I just think about "The Deity System" and how he came up with that whole senerio and I am amazed. And now these Mafia games with all of their intricacies and inter-weaving ploys and I am just dumb-struck at his ability to create and carry such a thing. Again, thanks UR, you have been an invaluable member of BD.

Whoa what? what diety system???

OMG I forgot... but this worked out perfectly

Dnae was the other Masked Lover! The Mafioso!

I can't believe I forgot it

since Dnae was smashed by glass in the thing anyway, it worked out perfectly... Dnae is dead too.

Wow I can't believe it slipped my mind ;) Sorry guys. At least LIS took out a Mafioso with him!

1 - its not fair to drop one game to start another - thats never fair on the players

2 - hosting this and doing it frequently is gonna send you crazy - everyone comes back eager and chomping at the bit

do it to soon and players are still in the last game and with more baggage than skycaps can cope with

3 - Everyone learn from what is happening - concentrating on the scavenger hunt brought down an innocent because they were not making any effort to involve themselves in this game - holding back on the first lynching

rules are rules time was up and i went down with six votes (less than one third - inquorate???)

rules are rules and inactives are taken out - take them out full stop

rules are rules and one has been mised - its connected to my role and has been hinted - so note it

Spoiler for this is me shouting - dont look:

AWSOME STORIES UNREALITY - but ahve a break and refresh yourself - dont know how frost managed between a holiday - go hosts

Ghost post - I will miss that role so bad, but I'll be watching avatar and the olympics and eating pancakes with PG not dnae