BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia VI: Gangs of Denbrain

unreality

First, LIS: the Thief does not learn anything about the person he/she steals from. It just means that if the Inspector would have been given the mafioso/a's ID, he/she gets the victim instead.

correct- it affects the Spy as well, if the Spy spies on the Thief today, they would get told 'Frost'. If they spied on Frost, too, though, they would also get told 'Frost'. Now if the Thief had framed Frost, and the Spy spied on the Thief, the Spy would get the Thief's real identity, but if Frost had been framed and the Spy spied on Frost, he/she would get the role 'Mafioso'. Framings reveal that a framing occurred, but not who was framed

What does it mean for the steal to fail? Does that mean that it isn't revealed in the night post at all, or that it happens and it's just that the Inspector will still get the correct ID?

it is shown, it's just shown that the Thief tried to steal/frame the Janitor- which would thus reveal to the Mafia who the Janitor is, as well as reveal to everyone else that the Mafia know who the Janitor is. Since the steal failed, it does not affect Inspector/Spy/etc. Thus you can rule out that Frost was the Janitor

LIS, masked lovers only die during lynchings.

correct :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a nonsense post if in with a mafia related one

noting mafia know the scorpion gang too. so they have roles pegged

3 mafia of course

2 scorpions/yakuza

scorpions are irrelevant/non-characters. mafia don't know who Yakuza are.

the Mafia know the Yakuza, the Yakuza do NOT know the Mafia

yes, the Scorpions are irrelevant and for story-purposes

1 SV

They don't know the identity of SV, do they?

no

= nonsense post, I have an aunt in walthamstow!

back to mafia pls - do you want to be lynched Tolecnal?

yakuza will strikedown noobs - hmmm!

noting mafia know the scorpion gang too. so they have roles pegged

3 mafia of course

2 scorpions/yakuza

1 SV

1 identity theft - apparently role not player

1 members faction

they have eight members pegged alreeady and will know CLs if we give up Tolencal who may/may not be bomb

possibly did not no CLs role ? but offerring the GRs role either cld be bluff

note CL was not masked lover - another would have died

Interesting that you would leave in that part about the Yakuza, me being a noob and all it sort of seems like a threat, I don't see how it fits in with the rest of your post. Perhaps the Yakuza are afraid that the innocents will sell me out to the Mafia in exchange for the lives of the Yakuzis? Perhaps you keep doing the scorpians/yakuza thing to make it seem like you don't understand the role, even though Unreality has pointed out that Scorpions are nonsense characters several times already. And no Yakuza, I mean scorpion, I mean LIS...I don't want to be lynched, but is there a reason you are afraid that I might be?

:) hahaha I go to school in a town called Waltham, how silly is that!

EDIT: I have to drive home, will take me an hour, be back on then...

Edited by tolecnal

ysan: yeah the Janitor is like, invincible, unfindable, whatever, while cleaning :D

dusty: hmmm I did make it seem like that, didn't I? Lotsa things were happening at the same time...

So, if the Mafia target the Janitor while he's cleaning, what happens? Do you give them the message "he's cleaning, pick someone else", or does no one die that night?

And Tocenal, I'm not sure if you're confused or what...but the Mafia do want the SB dead, due to the SB's lie-detect ability and the fact that the SB can be pretty comfortable in coming out with his/her...

I just had another thought...hmmm...will see what happens and share later ;P.

So, if the Mafia target the Janitor while he's cleaning, what happens? Do you give them the message "he's cleaning, pick someone else", or does no one die that night?

no one dies (by the Mafia at least)

unrelated:

apparently I STILL haven't made this clear: the Mafia can dispatch the SV at any time, for free, without knowing the SV's identity, at any time of day or night with no consequence on other Mafia activities

Edited by unreality

Host: Unreality

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday -

10) Cherry Lane - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Interesting that you would leave in that part about the Yakuza, me being a noob and all it sort of seems like a threat, I don't see how it fits in with the rest of your post. Perhaps the Yakuza are afraid that the innocents will sell me out to the Mafia in exchange for the lives of the Yakuzis? Perhaps you keep doing the scorpians/yakuza thing to make it seem like you don't understand the role, even though Unreality has pointed out that Scorpions are nonsense characters several times already. And no Yakuza, I mean scorpion, I mean LIS...I don't want to be lynched, but is there a reason you are afraid that I might be?

Not left in - I thought it may have been an accidental clue - its anyone guess still

Like your avatar too much to lynch you - bad hair day when the avatar was made

Ill vote in the morning

poss badies -

pretty much all - except tolecnal

LM seemed dodgy - will check her remarks

GC - always talks about the baddies when he is one

mekal - rushing to lynch

suspicious of those waying they are not voting???

poss badies -

pretty much all - except tolecnal

LM seemed dodgy - will check her remarks

GC - always talks about the baddies when he is one

mekal - rushing to lynch

suspicious of those waying they are not voting???

There are a lot of people that haven't really been active in the discussion or on BrainDen recently. Brandonb is usually the first to jump in and propose to lynch somebody. That got the ball rolling on the last game... It's just hard! Who do you pick, and why? i am analyzing this way too much.

Dang it, I'm just going to do this, because after work, I have a hot date with my boyfriend, and am not sure if I'll be back to revote/be more active. I will try to check again tonight...

LIS was kind of suspicious in always confusing the Yakuza's by calling them scorpions, after being corrected a couple times. It's a minor reason, and I can probably easily be convinced otherwise, but I'm trying to jump start the vote. So LIS, I vote for you.

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday -

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty - voting for LIS

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Ok then I will jump in.

**Splash**

I have to say that I find LM, Mekal, and Frozen suspicious.

Why? Everytime I read a post that turns on my spidey sense

I put a dot next to thier name. The above mentioned all are

marked on my list.

LM is because of the finger pointing before in the initial pages.

I cant remember why I found Mekal and Frozen iffy.

side note: my computer froze on me 3hrs ago or so.

I must have a virus even though I have a MAC.

So there may be times that I am not around.

Please dont assume I am not playing because I have

not posted. It may just be that I threw my comp out the window.

There are a lot of people that haven't really been active in the discussion or on BrainDen recently. Brandonb is usually the first to jump in and propose to lynch somebody. That got the ball rolling on the last game... It's just hard! Who do you pick, and why? i am analyzing this way too much.

To tell you the truth, after the last few games, I am terrified to say anything. :mellow: Especially with the thoughts I have about the situation. All that's gonna happen is that people are gonna see my suspicious looking avatar and try to lynch me again. Plus I have info that I drew from the post which no one else has noticed, but I don't wanna share it, b/c then I'll be accused for that too! I think I'll wait for someone else to get the ball rolling this time. :)

To tell you the truth, after the last few games, I am terrified to say anything. :mellow: Especially with the thoughts I have about the situation. All that's gonna happen is that people are gonna see my suspicious looking avatar and try to lynch me again. Plus I have info that I drew from the post which no one else has noticed, but I don't wanna share it, b/c then I'll be accused for that too! I think I'll wait for someone else to get the ball rolling this time. :)

roll, ball, roll! I'm not suspicious of your avatar. What's scary about eyes? Also, what did you notice in the post that hasn't been discussed. It can't be a hint, because there aren't any. Is it a clue, Sherlock?

because its EXTREAMLY suspicious how i voted for the philosopher.

anyway, here is my vote

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday -

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal-LM

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

as you said, LM has been dodgy...

Edited by Mekal

*sigh* And I wanted to get this random vote started. :( Oh well. I don't see the reason to vote for tolecnal, it would be the death of an innocent that is quite useful(especially with the lie-detect ability)

There really isn't much to go on...but I know for sure that there has to be a veteran in the mafia, only someone that's really good at this game would come up with an awesome night letter as that. Hell, even I couldn't come up with something as good as that. That is why I vote for GC. He is one of the craftiest players in this game.

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal - voting for LM

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Lol...umm...it's really not that hard to change your avatar...make it a bunny or something...maybe a guy with glasses (cuz we know no one who wears glasses can be evil...;P)

But seriously (and not nonsense), I've noticed a couple things about the post too...maybe different things, but I want to see how they play out before saying anything, since I think I can get more information that way...

But to get the ball rolling, it's highly unlikely that they know both the GR's identity and CL's identity (unless CL was Yakuza), and I think the SV's identity is something that the Mafia really do want to know, so thinking more about the Janitor possibilities...

And Tocenal, I'm not sure if you're confused or what...but the Mafia do want the SB dead, due to the SB's lie-detect ability and the fact that the SB can be pretty comfortable in coming out with his/her...

I just had another thought...hmmm...will see what happens and share later ;P.

I'm not sure what you are referring to, yes I know that the Mafia want the SB dead and I do know why they want the SB dead.

hey, UR, was that the EXACT letter that the mafia PMed you, or did you spice it up a bit?

Edit: also, how much time is left in this day...

I edited only a few words. What you see is what you got ;D

edit: 16 hours left :o Better get the discussion started! :P

Edited by unreality

roll, ball, roll! I'm not suspicious of your avatar. What's scary about eyes? Also, what did you notice in the post that hasn't been discussed. It can't be a hint, because there aren't any. Is it a clue, Sherlock?

This was the first part of the post:

"[strangely enough, we figured out who the GR is on the first night! Amazing huh? We’re not bluffing! So here’s the deal. If you all Lynch the SB for us today (Tolecnal) then tomorrow night we will give you the Reaper’s identity. Think about it, if you wanted to you could let him/her live through the day so the Ninja can have His/Her epic battle that night! That’s what we would like to see. You can be sure of the GR's identity, when we give you the name tonight and you lynch him/her tomorrow. This deal that we are offering Sounds like a bargain to us! Heck, we may even throw in a Yakuza!"

I initially thought that the Mafia were full of it, but after reading this, then rereading the rules "The Mafia know who the members of their rival gang, the Yakuza, are (but not who is Oyabun and who is Shatei)" and what Unreality said, I'm thinking otherwise. If the Mafia know who the Yakuza are, then why not just offer a Yakuza instead of the GR? If it wasn't for this I would think that they were full of it about knowing the GR.

So, is it worth it to make a deal with the devil in order to take out the most elusive baddie in the game?

"[strangely enough, we figured out who the GR is on the first night! Amazing huh? We’re not bluffing! So here’s the deal. If you all Lynch the SB for us today (Tolecnal) then tomorrow night we will give you the Reaper’s identity. Think about it, if you wanted to you could let him/her live through the day so the Ninja can have His/Her epic battle that night! That’s what we would like to see. You can be sure of the GR's identity, when we give you the name tonight and you lynch him/her tomorrow. This deal that we are offering Sounds like a bargain to us! Heck, we may even throw in a Yakuza!"

I initially thought that the Mafia were full of it, but after reading this, then rereading the rules "The Mafia know who the members of their rival gang, the Yakuza, are (but not who is Oyabun and who is Shatei)" and what Unreality said, I'm thinking otherwise. If the Mafia know who the Yakuza are, then why not just offer a Yakuza instead of the GR? If it wasn't for this I would think that they were full of it about knowing the GR.

So, is it worth it to make a deal with the devil in order to take out the most elusive baddie in the game?

The Problem is, the mafia can just lie and just like that we lynched a fellow innocent...

Edit:grammer

Edited by Mekal

The Problem is, the mafia can just lie and just like that we lynched a fellow innocent...

Edit:grammer

Ur right. Like I said, it's making a deal with the devil, or devil(s). I just don't know what to do. Assuming they keep their word then the game goes on at a good pace. With only about 7 people dead from baddie night killings by the 4th night. But if we don't do what they say then we are pretty much guaranteed to lose 9-10 people at the hands of the baddies by the 4th night b/c they will organize the QAs. But then AGAIN, if the don't stick to their word then we are out the 9-10, PLUS the SB.

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal - voting for LM

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter - voting for LM

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Well, you kind of gave away what I was waiting to test for, so here's a possibility I was thinking of:

The Mafia does not know who the GR is, they don't really think we're going to take their deal, but they want to know who the GR is...since Death Scent is potentially dangerous to them and the GR is immune to the SB...so they send this message...the GR will definitely be against making the deal...

It depends on how dangerous they think Death Scent is, but since the Mafia have to take out everyone else to win the game, then at some point (and likely at many points), the GR will be on to them...but I feel like there should be more to it...still thinking...

Another possibility is that the Mafia think that keeping the Yakuza alive may be beneficial to them, which may be true...

And the whole Ninja/GR exchange in the intro bothers me...like the pig-letter thing in IV...maybe they're actually on the same side, i.e. the Ninja is a secret baddie or the GR is a secret innocent...

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter - voting for LM

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

you know, looking back at this, i have never been good at choseing the right person, (*cough* mafia IV) so im just going to retract my vote untill we have gotten settled a bit more.

"And the whole Ninja/GR exchange in the intro bothers me...like the pig-letter thing in IV...maybe they're actually on the same side, i.e. the Ninja is a secret baddie or the GR is a secret innocent..."

This bothers me. How could any player be a secret faction without that being mentioned in the opening rules?

edit added quotes

Edited by crazypainter