BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

• Answers 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It is a friendly competition instead of a ( I hate your guts) and who is all that. They all show respect regardless of who had done a better feat. I need to use the john so I will say HAPPY OLYMPICS TO ALL TEAMS!!!!!!!

well said Slick :)

I too will say HAPPY OLYMPICS TO ALL THE TEAMS!!!!! :D

Personally I think Phelps has deserved the attention he's gotten, but it's kind of stealing the limelight from all the other amazing athletes that have worked so hard and won medals too

SO TRUE! anyone to even make it to the Olympics in my opinion is inspiring and motivation in that of itself. I know the fastest runner in Washington state, and he's not even sure about making it to the Olympics. his name is Jono Lafler [sp?! I know it's pronounce John-oh laugh-ler]

But anyways, I seriously think USAIN BOLT pwns Micheal Phelps or Chuck Norris any time of day. Does anyone know anything about him??! he's SOOOO awesome!...and I'm just sick of Chuck

are there two bronze medals for events like boxing, wrestling? :huh:

I am asking this because the media here is saying that an Indian boxer who has gone into the semis will definitely atleast win a bronze medal....how can they be so sure when he hasn't played yet his semifinal match?

I asked some of my friends and they said that there are two bronze medals awarded..i am not sure though..

are there two bronze medals for events like boxing, wrestling? :huh:

I am asking this because the media here is saying that an Indian boxer who has gone into the semis will definitely atleast win a bronze medal....how can they be so sure when he hasn't played yet his semifinal match?

I asked some of my friends and they said that there are two bronze medals awarded..i am not sure though..

I read the same thing in the paper...and had the same question. Haven't got resolution yet, though.

personally, I am against two bronze medals...it just reduces the importance of winning...instead there should be one more match after the semis and final to determine the bronze medal winner....

I think it's one gold and two bronzes for wrestling, which is kinda weird

there should be four medals which is weird cuz then all the four people in the semis will get it....else the media wouldn't have said so surely about Virender definitely getting a bronze...else there has to be some other method...like he has got highest points or something of that sort....also my friend told me that after the wrestling match got over (in which an Indian wrestler Sushil kumar got a bronze) all the four flags of the countries were raised...which means all four won... :huh:

Edited by Nayana

Yeah, it was. :D

I especially liked the guys rolling around on the giant wheels. Could have used more fireworks though. lol, jk :P

I like that too. Wonder it will become killing weapon in the coming Mafia...... :P

I think the Olympics should of been two more weeks longer because of all the preparation put in to it. I could think of many more competitions that would be just as good as what they had, i.e. Rock , Paper , Scissors. or potato sack races.

yes, up with RPS and potatoes lol

anyway the Team GB athletes came home yesterday. They must be shattered and yet the first thing they have to do when they hit home turf is do a live TV appearance. that's got to be tough.

yeah even the two bronze medalists of India arrived today in India....people had flocked the airport to have a glimpse...it was a proud moment for all Indians as for the first time India has won 3 medals (1 gold and 2 bronze) in the Olympics :D

I know it is much less as compared to China, US and other countries but seriously, in India there is talent but no money and facilities provided to the contestants....there is money only in the game of cricket....

I have seen the facilties in the club in which Vijender(the bronze medalist boxer) practised....just 2 tubelights,2 fans, 1 room and around 15- 20 people practising...it was all shown on TV...still from that club in Bhiwani, I guess 5 boxers were competing and 1 reached the semis and 1 the quarters....it was quite an achievement!

the other bronze medalist-sushil kumar, a wrestler played 4 matches within just 70 minutes...the first one he lost but win the other 3 and got the medal...he said he was too tired after the 3rd match and had asked for a masseur but wasn't given one...so someone from the Indian team, I guess it was the coach had to do it....

I really hope that people, companies, corporations come forward and help out all those who are competing in the Olympics...then India won't be far behind :D