BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

• Answers 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'd just like to start it off with this :lol:
Not as important as Mafia V at this time. Watching Olympics does not make the wait any shorter. B)) This is a good time for everyone to join the peace club and change out of your signature to pass the word No more war. Except in Mafia games :D Edited by akaslickster

Not as important as Mafia V at this time. Watching Olympics does not make the wait any shorter. B)) This is a good time for everyone to join the peace club and change out of your signature to pass the word No more war. Except in Mafia games :D

i thought it sucked when the chines police beat a japenes reporter to death before the games started not a very good start if you ask me :mellow:

Watching the swimming and horse events. Looks like Australia won't be going as hot as we would all like in the swimming this time round! See how the Brits won the cycling. Awsome, what determination and heart she must have.

GO THE AUSSIES!

I've only heard bits and pieces about the displacement of a lot of the citizens to make way for the building of the stadiums for the Olympics. If half of what I've heard is true, I would be on the warpath if it happened to me. At what cost to its people will China go to prove that they are growing up as a nation?

Look at the mess that has been created by the daming of the Yanksee (not sure how to spell it). People displacement, ecological catastrophe etc due to the flooding, however on the other hand cleaner electricity is needed for such an enormous population. Huge problem.

Today's a proud day for us Indians. The first ever individual gold medal in the Olympics ever.

Congrats to Abhinav, for showing the way. :D

I can't really say GO INDIA!!!! Of course, I want to say that,but sorry to say, but this may be the only medal India gets this time around. Oh well! Better then last time. :D

i thought it sucked when the chines police beat a japenes reporter to death before the games started not a very good start if you ask me :mellow:

What is your source for that? The only thing I could find was an article on japantoday.com that mentions two Japanese reporters that were beaten by Chinese paramilitary police, and the article says they sustained "light," injuries, for which the Chinese government, says they regretted, but basically that they were involved in a restricted area. It seems to me as reporters they must have known the risk they were taking onto themselves, given China's organizational tactics, before they took on that task. Notice I AM NOT MAKING A MORAL JUDGEMENT, as frankly, I think that the violence, while tragic, is none of my business. Obviously, I'm not Chinese or Japanese. And I have yet to be convinced that honoring another nation's sovereignty is a bad idea. Unless of course, you want to talk about doing away with the nation-state altogether, but then you would have countless cultures, and religions, and hybrids "fighting," for space. Anyway, in general, no pun intended, I came for the brain busters,...

How old are those girls in the Chinese womens' gymnastics? They look about 9 years old!

And yes, 2aDay, Michael Phelps rocks!!

And what about Dara Torres leading the US Women's 400 Relay swim to the Silver...at 41 years old! Let's see in Phelps is still around at 41?!!

hehe

yay i know, those chinese girls look 9 ant the youngest, they say that ones 12 ones 14 and you need to be 16 to compete, if they get DQ'd then we will win

and about dara torres, ya shes crazy, she just got the second fastest relay segment in us history and she has kids, wow

Today's a proud day for us Indians. The first ever individual gold medal in the Olympics ever.

Congrats to Abhinav, for showing the way. :D

I can't really say GO INDIA!!!! Of course, I want to say that,but sorry to say, but this may be the only medal India gets this time around. Oh well! Better then last time. :D

well said GC! :D Today is a proud day for us!!! Abhinav Bindra rocked in 10 metre air rifle shooting event ;)

but why not say GO INDIA?? We can always be optimistic!!! I hope Saina Nehwal, Sania Mirza and Paes-Bhupati win some medals for us!!! :)

GO INDIA GO!!!

I was watching those synchronized divers yesterday... holy crap! How do they do that???

Diving is probably my favorite Olympic sport to watch...but I missed it last night. Curses!!!

well said GC! :D Today is a proud day for us!!! Abhinav Bindra rocked in 10 metre air rifle shooting event ;)

but why not say GO INDIA?? We can always be optimistic!!! I hope Saina Nehwal, Sania Mirza and Paes-Bhupati win some medals for us!!! :)

GO INDIA GO!!!

There goes Sania or rather , here comes Sania(to India). :P Of course, because of her injury. :) I am an optimist, but I don't want to be over-optimistic. OK, I will concede that India can achieve a realistic target of 10 medals. So GO INDIA, GO!!!!! :D

you need to be 16 to compete

:huh:

I dont think you do because Great Britain had a 14 year old in the mens 10m synchro diving - and, believe me, EVERYONE knew about that, (he's also gonna be in the single diving event to!!) :o

We may have came last, but he was AMAZINGLY good for a 14 year old! - and personally I think we were robbed some synchronising points - fair scores for execution because the splashes were there, but the synchro was perfect (I believe better than some countries that managed to get higher execution marks!!) <_<

Anyone other Brits out there see Tom Daly in the diving and have any views? (It was 7.30 in the morning our time!!)

Well done to our gold and bronze medalists in the womens 400m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry to you Americans and Katie Hoff supporters!) ;)

love the olympics - it should be on full time - so much variation of top spoarts for free

Not keen on the pro football(soccer) and most other top earning proffesionals in the so called amature sport

LOVE MOST

Athletics track and field

Marathon

water sports - high dive is tops - he he

judo yes

archery

and loads loads more

HATE

boxing - though martial arts has a special interest for me I can't get on board fighting