BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

Hi everyone! I am akaslickster, in case you are a noob.

Lemonymelon and Drydung and I decided to begin this club so at the moment it is at its beginning

stages. For now, there are no questions that can be answered, because we just started it up.

Our membership is free and starts with the following:

drydung

lemonymelon

akaslickster

yellowsubmarine

greycells

Add yourself to the list if you really hate war and want world peace. Later on there should be more info. on the topic. :D

• Answers 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

drydung

lemonymelon

akaslickster

yellowsubmarine

greycells

unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

pw0nzd

tolecnal

Frost

ROF

Why can't the world be more like BrainDen? ^_^

Your right, wars should be intellectual battles, not physical battles. ;)

drydung

lemonymelon

akaslickster

yellowsubmarine

greycells

unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

pw0nzd

tolecnal

Frost

ROF

lenochka

Just add your name to the bottom of the list: like so! :)

Edit: Woops! We are all on it today! tehe!

Edited by tolecnal

I'm not sure if this is a general "world peace" forum, or an anti-Iraq war thing, but I'm throwing in my 2cents and playing a bit of a devil's advocate (because it's fun). I really hate politics and definitely feel I have no right to speak because I have very little knowledge on the subject, but this is from a rant that my friends who returned from Afghanistan and Iraq had. I am totally against war and for peace, however the ramifications of suddenly pulling troops out of a war-ravaged country when the fighting is done is almost as tragic as the war itself. Today, however, a lot of money is going towards rebuilding schools and medical centers, however that stays out of the news for the most part. The other aspect is the fight for civil and humanitarian rights. How many people would gladly fly over to Darfur if they had the chance to stop the genocide occurring there. Not everything can be accomplished peacefully and without violence. I am not one of those people who could go to war and deal with the violence (I'm on the yoga/holistic hippy/meditation side of things), but it's a good thing there are people out there like that. I'm more of the person who will go over and help rebuild. Two sides of a coin so to speak. What's really interesting is that I'm such a hippy, and my boyfriend is in the army. It makes for some interesting debates... :lol:

I'm not sure if this is a general "world peace" forum, or an anti-Iraq war thing, but I'm throwing in my 2cents and playing a bit of a devil's advocate (because it's fun). I really hate politics and definitely feel I have no right to speak because I have very little knowledge on the subject, but this is from a rant that my friends who returned from Afghanistan and Iraq had. I am totally against war and for peace, however the ramifications of suddenly pulling troops out of a war-ravaged country when the fighting is done is almost as tragic as the war itself. Today, however, a lot of money is going towards rebuilding schools and medical centers, however that stays out of the news for the most part. The other aspect is the fight for civil and humanitarian rights. How many people would gladly fly over to Darfur if they had the chance to stop the genocide occurring there. Not everything can be accomplished peacefully and without violence. I am not one of those people who could go to war and deal with the violence (I'm on the yoga/holistic hippy/meditation side of things), but it's a good thing there are people out there like that. I'm more of the person who will go over and help rebuild. Two sides of a coin so to speak. What's really interesting is that I'm such a hippy, and my boyfriend is in the army. It makes for some interesting debates... :lol:

Nice of you to input, except this is sign-up thread. Sign up if you like and later sometime there will be a place for you to discuss. Have a great day. :D

Are there gonna be peace prizes ????

Like the nobel peace prize - nobel and dynamite and peace ?????

I think you can get it for the reduction of standing armies - yep that wld do it

Now who invented the A n H bomb - Teller and openheimer perhaps, here u go guys great job

I know i joke but im serious about peace

Edited by Lost in space

Are there gonna be peace prizes ????

Like the nobel peace prize - nobel and dynamite and peace ?????

I think you can get it for the reduction of standing armies - yep that wld do it

Now who invented the A n H bomb - Teller and openheimer perhaps, here u go guys great job

I know i joke but im serious about peace

I really would like to tell all the details of everything but, for now we are just growing, growing, growing. :D

Drydung

Lemonymelon

Akaslickster

Yellowsubmarine

Greycells

Unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

Pw0nzd

Tolecnal

Frost

ROF

Lenochka

Mekal

Kat

I'd love to join. ^_^

~Kat

Drydung

Lemonymelon

Akaslickster

Yellowsubmarine

Greycells

Unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

Pw0nzd

Tolecnal

Frost

ROF

Lenochka

Mekal

Kat

Squirt

I would of joinded sooner but i was on vacation

I can't help but feel that world peace is little more than an idealism.

But sure, I'll join out of curiousity :D

Drydung

Lemonymelon

Akaslickster

Yellowsubmarine

Greycells

Unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

Pw0nzd

Tolecnal

Frost

ROF

Lenochka

Mekal

Kat

Squirt

Ploper

Feel free to show your peaceful thoughts through your signature in each of your posts as I and many others have done already. One thing is , please keep it at a medium size so as not to upset anybody. An example would be Don't Murder or there is "NO BLOOD FOR OIL." This is not expected but it is as Lemony says, " a good start."

Edited by akaslickster

I can't help but feel that world peace is little more than an idealism.

But sure, I'll join out of curiousity :D

I agree

Drydung

Lemonymelon

Akaslickster

Yellowsubmarine

Greycells

Unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

Pw0nzd

Tolecnal

Frost

ROF

Lenochka

Mekal

Kat

Squirt

Ploper

Dusty

I agree

Drydung

Lemonymelon

Akaslickster

Yellowsubmarine

Greycells

Unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

Pw0nzd

Tolecnal

Frost

ROF

Lenochka

Mekal

Kat

Squirt

Ploper

Dusty

This is an optional topic in which alot of us feel the same about. Killing innocent lives does not make us happy. Hence, the inexcusable wars and terror that threaten people who did not ask for it.

This club, I believe, is meant to join hands and show that we reject wars and killing in itself.

We all want a happier world so we can sleep at night without twitching, and being paranoid.

Here are some samples that brought this thread to life. I'm sorry if you do not agree. I just wanted to help organize this club in order to communicate with the loving people that feel the same way.

The following paragraphs were composed by members of this ORG. READ THE NEXT POST.

Dear all,

No matter who bombs whom, its terror. Depending on our perspectives and convenience we sometimes call it war, sometimes terror. And it will be childish to say that "they started it". Point is throughout the last century we were always in a state of war without exception of a single year; we need to stop it. When we drop a bomb for whatever purpose and in whatever name we kill people, innocent ordinary people who have no idea about what big game is going on in this world. You have every right to protect yourself but that doesn't justify bombing and obliterating an entire country just because some organisation has terrorised you. Anyone serious in political science knows that we don't go to war to counter terror; those are convenient eyewash. There is always a political purpose. Anyway, we are not going to discuss that here. What I propose is this: in the name of this peace club we can form a platform based on consensus. No matter who, when, where started it, this continuation of war and terror cannot be an acceptable way of life. This is just not normal and we need to be vocal about it. A handful of people on either side has no right to impose a perverse world order upon us. So let us say, "no to war, no to terror". If you say it today, someone else will say it tomorrow. And I don't think we need to be an anti-war activist to say that. What do you say?

Yeah! I agree that the governments or more to the point political parties of most countries, if not all, fund some terrorist organizations indirectly. In some cases, it is an internal struggle for power, in others dominance over other nations to gain economic supremacy. The terrorist organizations, in most cases, are neutral. By neutral, I mean where there's money, there lies their loyalty too.

And we must not forget the successful industrialists with multi-national interests, who manipulate the governments of nations and are thus responsible for various terrorist activities.

And next comes terrorist organizations in the name of freedom fighters. They say that for the ultimate goal of freedom, slaughtering of numerous innocents is a necessity.

And I say there would be no war, when there's no corruption. As long as there's corruption, war is inevitable.

Corruption is the root cause for every violent activity. That's my viewpoint. :)

READ THE NEXT POST

Okay. I must say I am a firm believer in peace but, I am not an anti-war activist. I don't want to let terror bomb me and then walk away free either. Peace should happen throughout the planet and I want all to hear it so all wars will end and there is a getting along internationally. I would prefer no war ever. If someone hits me I need to defend myself so I guess Drydung is more active about it. I would like to promote all peace without wars, but, it seems too late in i.e. like Palestine. War should be avoided at all costs.

Basically I am a peace promoter and want to show all that it is the correct way to live. That is so not too have any more stupid wars than we already have now. I do not demonstrate with signs and rallies and picketing or rioting about it. I don't have the time for that so let's try just by starting to pass the word around until we can think of what this club should be up to. We can start by adding peaceful signatures I suppose.

Drydung

Lemonymelon

Akaslickster

Yellowsubmarine

Greycells

Unreality

LIS

Crazypainter

F_I_F

Twoaday

Bobbob

Nayana

Pw0nzd

Tolecnal

Frost

ROF

Lenochka

Mekal

Kat

Squirt

Ploper

Dusty

Dnae

I'll definitely have some input as I have studied alot about "inner" peace and how to manifest it and influence others. :P

I am all for peace....especially internal peace. Of course I opposed to terrorist acts and I'm not too fond of war. But if you want me to say NO to war, then you want me to say NO to what God has predestined as his plan for the salvation of the world and I'm not going to do that.

So BOO to mean people, hateful people, people who pray of the fears of others and people who do not value human life. But YEA to God who wishes to redeem us all!