BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

bonanova

Question

Hawaii

Purely a guess. Wouldn't have a clue.

Why Hawaii? Because if I am going to fly all the way from NZ via the USA to go to africa I would want my stop over to be in Hawaii.

either florida or alaska. alaska because perhaps if you just travel north and then back down it'll take you across the globe and you'll be in the eastern hemisphere, where africa remains.

You would probably want to be in Maryland or New York based off the info from South African Airways if you want to get their fastest. As for which state you would leave from, you would probably leave from the one your in right now.

You should leave from the one you live in.

If you live in Oregon, you'd want to take a plane route from there, not travel all the way to Massachusetts and fly from there.

"The indefinite shortest distance between two locations is a straight line."

Edit: With the exception of wormholes, of course, but I don't know in particular anyone who would be utilizing spacetime to travel to Africa.

Edited by Stove

Clearly, when they took globes out of classrooms, something was lost. ;)

Kudos to HoustonHokie who not only was the first to be correct, but the first to post! :)

WESTICLES covered his bet by naming two states. <_< One out of two ain't bad. -_-

Finally, Blonde Girl jokingly got it right, claiming she had no idea! :wacko: Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. :mellow:

Honorable Mention goes to yellowsubmarine, who couldn't resist the urge to Google Earth the thing, :o but had the restraint not to post the answer. B))

Clearly, when they took globes out of classrooms, something was lost. ;)

Kudos to HoustonHokie who not only was the first to be correct, but the first to post! :)

WESTICLES covered his bet by naming two states. <_< One out of two ain't bad. -_-

Finally, Blonde Girl jokingly got it right, claiming she had no idea! :wacko: Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. :mellow:

Honorable Mention goes to yellowsubmarine, who couldn't resist the urge to Google Earth the thing, :o but had the restraint not to post the answer. B))

OOOOOHHH OOOHHH I love it when one of my little silly quirks pays off!!! :D:rolleyes: