BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

then u should see my school it seems like im the only one w/ out a girlfriend lol

gosh when I was 13 I couldn't even comprehend a bf... I just wanted to enjoy my friends... 12 years later I still don't get the younger generation's codependency ont he opposite (or same) sex :huh:

gosh when I was 13 I couldn't even comprehend a bf... I just wanted to enjoy my friends... 12 years later I still don't get the younger generation's codependency ont he opposite (or same) sex :huh:

You and me both Rene! I didnt kiss a boy till I was a senior in HS.

Its quite sad actually that kids need to be so codependant and find their self worth through the acceptance of another.

You and me both Rene! I didnt kiss a boy till I was a senior in HS.

Its quite sad actually that kids need to be so codependant and find their self worth through the acceptance of another.

Some people are just not complete by themselves. There are those who like to think so but end just feeling really lonely at times. I was truely on a path to becoming a full blown Zennist and renouncing the world (long story on another topic {Religious Debate}) but then I found my wife and that was it for me. But I do agree about the young thing though. As my wife would say, "OMG, look at that little Ho!!" She cracks me up sometimes!! LOL

BTW Rene, my wife's middle name is also Renae. Her first is Melissa and she HATES that name!!

I don't think that all people that have boyfriends or girlfriends at a young age is horrible. The teenage years are annoying, and people are just finding out who they are and are curious about the opposite (or same) sex. There are some cultures where children are experimenting and having sex when they are barely able to talk (Hopi indians).

I have to agree that I don't like seeing kids out there dressing provocatively before they even have their driver's license or right to vote, but I think that's less on the need to be sexy and more the need for approval based on what's been built up in society.

There needs to be a balance struck between acknowledging your sexuality and not being afraid of it, but at the same time, avoid the need to grow up suddenly and trying to be older and act more experienced than you are. Often, that's a sign of neglect and need stemming from another portion of their life. So when I see those girls, I first think "Ho", but then I feel sad for then (especially the sorostitutes--my name for sorority girls)!

Sorry about the rant, but that's an issue that kinda bugs me.

You guys all seem to have pretty strong opinions on young people going out.

So, at what age do you believe it becomes appropriate???

Im just interested because my mum thinks a person should not go out before sixth form (the 2 school years for 16-17 and 17-18 year olds, for those not in UK).

Teenagers mature at different ages so i think it is a different situation for every individal.

Teenagers mature at different ages so i think it is a different situation for every individal.

I agree (and this coming from a 35-year-old mum, herself.) I don't see the harm in flirting or in group dating from ages 13-15, but true one-on-one dates should wait until the child is 16 OR until they are emotionally mature enough to understand the ramifications of fooling around. It frightens me how many 12 & 13 year olds are having sex already. Where are their parents? Of course I think that sex should wait until marriage; unfortunately I can't say that I praticed that for myself, but if I could go back and undo it I would in a heartbeat. It's not that I had bad sexual experiences, I thought I was "in love" with each one. But the emotional game that is put into play when sex comes into a relationship is too much for teenagers. And I think about what I stole from my husband by not remaining pure for him and it makes me very sad. Just as it makes me sad to think of him with some other girl.

I agree (and this coming from a 35-year-old mum, herself.) I don't see the harm in flirting or in group dating from ages 13-15, but true one-on-one dates should wait until the child is 16 OR until they are emotionally mature enough to understand the ramifications of fooling around. It frightens me how many 12 & 13 year olds are having sex already. Where are their parents? Of course I think that sex should wait until marriage; unfortunately I can't say that I praticed that for myself, but if I could go back and undo it I would in a heartbeat. It's not that I had bad sexual experiences, I thought I was "in love" with each one. But the emotional game that is put into play when sex comes into a relationship is too much for teenagers. And I think about what I stole from my favorite boyfriend akaslickster by not remaining pure for him and it makes me very sad. Just as it makes me sad to think of him with some other girl.

Don't you worry, I am a trusting pal. I know it won't happen again My atomic love machine. :wub:

No offense tigers but OMG, THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST ANNOYING THREADS I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE ON BRAINDEN. Well, now that's over, I would like you to stop posting stuff like these....they just take up space and add to the pile of useless comments without a point. Oh yeah, I forgot you're banned, sorry about that.....

Edited by SillouhetteMind

No offense tigers but OMG, THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST ANNOYING THREADS I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE ON BRAINDEN. Well, now that's over, I would like you to stop posting stuff like these....they just take up space and add to the pile of useless comments without a point. Oh yeah, I forgot you're banned, sorry about that.....

Puzzlegirl and I would like to invite you to be at our cyber wedding. You can be one of my groomsmen. :D

Edit: If he returns to this, then, it was'nt that bad after all. ;)

Edited by akaslickster

I'm 13 and have had 4 girlfriends, kissed to of them..

and well... I don't feel I need to find my self worth through the acceptance of another... also, that can be done in friends, just the same.

with me, the reason I ask a girl out is plain and simple... Love

Love is probably the strongest emotion that constantly runs through me.. And I know love can be mistaken for lust but.. I'm almost certain of what it is.

I have never truly gotten over a girl.

I see no reason for us children to be able to date, or love.

Also.. Love has changed me.. the more I experience the feelings, the more I've realised that other people are much more important to me than myself. You should've seen the immature jerk I was before I was with my first girl... after just the second I'd become... almost selfless, really.

It's starting to sound like I'm viewing them as objects now... just wanted to say, that's not the case.

cheers

I had my first and only kiss (so far :P) almost a year ago but all my friends at school have been kissing like there is no tommorow. I look forward to Slicksers fatherly comment! :D

My father is a man of few words, but he is an honest, hard-working, family-oriented man who also is an excellent judge of character. Of the dozens of guys I dated throughout my youth he rarely approved of any of them. Thankfully he was wise enough not to say as much (not in fron t of me, anyhow) for fear that I might, out of rebellion alone, entertain an even more serious relationship with my loser-of-late.

Soon after I met my husband I invited him to my parents house (we were not yet even dating...just beginning to find interest in one another.) That evening after he left, I asked my dad "So, what did you think of him?" My father paused, giving this much thought, then finally said; "Well, he's not lazy and he seems pretty smart." Right then and there I knew I'd found THE ONE!!!

P.S. Dad was right. My husband is very bright and not at all lazy (he is now the Director of Engineering at an Aerospace company)...not to mention his other amazing qualitites!

lol, I hope you weren't implying what I think you were implying :P

I agree (and this coming from a 35-year-old mum, herself.) I don't see the harm in flirting or in group dating from ages 13-15, but true one-on-one dates should wait until the child is 16 OR until they are emotionally mature enough to understand the ramifications of fooling around. It frightens me how many 12 & 13 year olds are having sex already. Where are their parents?

I agree 100%. Today's society... tsk tsk ;D Kids these days (lol :lol: )

Of course I think that sex should wait until marriage;

here I disagree... I mean, cmon ;D

I had my first and only kiss (so far :P ) almost a year ago but all my friends at school have been kissing like there is no tommorow. I look forward to Slicksers fatherly comment! :D
My advice is don't make it a habit and wash your mouth afterwards then if needed rinse with peroxide and then warm water. Don't break any hearts. It's not worth the aggravation.

here I disagree... I mean, cmon ;D

Just because TV & movies show teens, collegiates and other unmarried going at it without a care in the world doesn't mean it's what's best for you. Believe me, you will NEVER regret having waited for your marriage bed, but I promise you that you will have plenty of regrets otherwise.

I'm 13 and have had 4 girlfriends, kissed to of them..

and well... I don't feel I need to find my self worth through the acceptance of another... also, that can be done in friends, just the same.

with me, the reason I ask a girl out is plain and simple... Love

Love is probably the strongest emotion that constantly runs through me.. And I know love can be mistaken for lust but.. I'm almost certain of what it is.

I have never truly gotten over a girl.

I see no reason for us children to be able to date, or love.

Also.. Love has changed me.. the more I experience the feelings, the more I've realized that other people are much more important to me than myself. You should've seen the immature jerk I was before I was with my first girl... after just the second I'd become... almost selfless, really.

It's starting to sound like I'm viewing them as objects now... just wanted to say, that's not the case.

cheers

Ha ha Ploper. You are going to seem like an immature jerk a lot in your life. We all do/have. At 13 you are basically a bunch of hormones trapped in the body of a young man/boy.

Its the testosterone I tell you!! Please do not make any rash decisions cause in a month or two you will regret it.

I have been around the block, 37 years. Take it easy and remember that life really gets good after College. But College is great. There isa time and place for everything and this is in college.

So kiss as much as you want and dont get any girl pregnant!

Yes, I have done safe sex training for youth. So heed my advice.

BTW, you can get a sexually transmitted disease even if you use a condom. The virus HPV is very prevelant. 1 out of 4 ppl have it. Cold sores are HPV.

Herpes is HPV. So are genital warts.

And if this talk is making you quezy then you are definetly not ready for sex! Sex is intercourse, oral given to boys or girls, and any type of penetration.

Also, genital warts mostly cant be seen if someone has them. Tip, if you have a bump put vinegar on it. If it turns pale then you are infected.

So play safe!

Knowledge is power.

And btw I dont believe in saving yourself for marriage.

with PG on the waiting thing - get married early and work on the relationship - its full of emotions and has its ups and downs

byw dont marry them for one knight only - that is not right

seriously good luck to any one finding the one. - when you do PM me, I'll be there likea shot

CP! Your advice about the vinegar is great stuff! Never knew that! PG, I respect your opinion, but also disagree. I personally do not believe you can truly know someone without being with them intimately (not that that is how I introduce myself, mind you :P ) so having sex before marriage is a must for me, I refuse to invite someone into my life without knowing what kind of lover they'll be, but that's just me and I agree, it isn't for anyone. Besides, what about those of us who refuse or cannot get married?

CP! Your advice about the vinegar is great stuff! Never knew that! PG, I respect your opinion, but also disagree. I personally do not believe you can truly know someone without being with them intimately (not that that is how I introduce myself, mind you :P ) so having sex before marriage is a must for me, I refuse to invite someone into my life without knowing what kind of lover they'll be, but that's just me and I agree, it isn't for anyone. Besides, what about those of us who refuse or cannot get married?
the physical side is the bit that can be worked on, and that is part of the fun - i married my first - it suited me to keep it working at the relationship, but not her!

Vinegar also works for bee stings - urine works for jellyfish stings - but not a boxjellyfish - thats when you know who your friends are - eeeww!!

Just because TV & movies show teens, collegiates and other unmarried going at it without a care in the world doesn't mean it's what's best for you. Believe me, you will NEVER regret having waited for your marriage bed, but I promise you that you will have plenty of regrets otherwise.

I'm not talking about the media ;D