BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Ok guys, dnae just told me that he'll be gone and won't be able to continue playing. We need a replacement, or we could just kill him off today in the lynching.

Any ideas guys? What do you think we should do?

We have replacements for a reason. Since Dnae gave notice, we should use the next 24hrs to find a replacement. If no replacement is found, then he Dies.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad. I honestly say we just kill him. It's kinda late in the game, so a replacement may have a hard time just jumping right in, I know I did in IV. So, yeah. LYNCH HIM! (in my angry mob voice).

So, this means that the final QA is either Taliesin, Tolecnal, or Sinistral

And the Remaining Mafia is probably also a NooB among that same list.

My Vote's for Sinistral (AGAIN ;) )

Brandonb,

I may be new to Mafia on Brainden, but I have played the game before. In this game I'm an innocent, but I assure you if I were Mafia there would have been a kill last night. I'm not going to say who should have died last night because I'm on the innocent side and apparently what seems obvious to me doesn't seem obvious to the current baddies. Now if you go back and look at previous posts, there is one person who has been giving advice to the QA's, and that's Dnae. Unfortunately I'm not the inspector or anything so I dont know for sure, but that's my best guess at the moment. If you're basing your suspicion of me on the fact that I was on vacation and Frost was waiting for a night PM, it wasn't me he was waiting for since my role didn't have any actions to take.

I do believe you're the janitor, so I'm hoping that you're casting suspicions on me because you want me to defend myself so that you can get some clues as to what my role is. So I hope those clues help you figure it out. I am innocent though and Dnae seems to me like the most suspicious at this point.

Brandonb,

I may be new to Mafia on Brainden, but I have played the game before. In this game I'm an innocent, but I assure you if I were Mafia there would have been a kill last night. I'm not going to say who should have died last night because I'm on the innocent side and apparently what seems obvious to me doesn't seem obvious to the current baddies. Now if you go back and look at previous posts, there is one person who has been giving advice to the QA's, and that's Dnae. Unfortunately I'm not the inspector or anything so I dont know for sure, but that's my best guess at the moment. If you're basing your suspicion of me on the fact that I was on vacation and Frost was waiting for a night PM, it wasn't me he was waiting for since my role didn't have any actions to take.

I do believe you're the janitor, so I'm hoping that you're casting suspicions on me because you want me to defend myself so that you can get some clues as to what my role is. So I hope those clues help you figure it out. I am innocent though and Dnae seems to me like the most suspicious at this point.

I'm really not worried about Dnae right now. I know what u mean about him giving an abnormal amount of tips to the QAs, and I believe he may be one. But I'm not gonna vote for him until we find out whether or not he is being replaced.

Now, back to you. Yeah, I forgot that you said you had played this before in real-life back in the signup. Ok, I'll let you slide this time...

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - DEAD - [spy]

2) Brandonb - Voting for Taliesin

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Ninja

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana - DEAD - [Doctor]

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

WHAT SAY YOU Taliesin!? (Or is that Mekal now!? I didn't keep up with it in my roster, sorry) You're in the hot seat! :P

I agree with dusty on the dnae subject. A replacement just coming in in the middle of the game would probably be confused with his/her role and would not understand what has been happening in the past three nights and two days. He/she would have to read a LOT of pages to catch up. <_< I say we just have an evergreen tree accidentally fall on him. But of course, it's Frost's choice. He is the host, after all. :D

For this vote, I would like to wait a tad longer to see what some of the other opinions are about. I would rather just vote once and stick by it. I have 4 people in mind and, this is moving slow enough for me to not be one of the first.

ALSO A SPECIAL KUDOS AWARD TO FROST , FOR ANOTHER SPECTACULAR PERFORMANCE WHILE UNDER PRESSURE!!!! :D

Frost: That was Awesome :D. Definitely worth the wait...I especially love how it ended in a katana duel, since katanas are my favorite weapons ;P.

Hmmm...I'm kinda confused now, though...the QA badge thing and the mafia not killing...

Questions for Frost: Is 1 out of 2 QA's considered a majority? And is it written in when someone is targeted but saved by the doctor/healer?

Well, my head hurts and I'm exhausted from a day of moving/cleaning, so I'll get back to you guys tomorrow with my thoughts...

...well, I'll disclose one thought: if dnae is an innocent role (which I'm unsure about), then those people who seem to be eager to lynch him w/o discussion and not wanting to try to find a replacement are suspicious...

gonna stad in for dnae if frost is still okay with it - can anyone updaye me (am i a goodie or baddie - he he)

reading up tonight 9pm ish my time - back on (thats GMT + 1 hr) about - 6 hrs from abaoloute frost time i think

Other than the Itachi, Ninja battle, nothing happened the way that I expected it to last night. That was by far the strangest night I've seen in a mafia game (I had half-expected not to survive the night--Whew! :) ) It definitely seems to indicate that Itachi was mafia (which would mean that he was counting on protection or the Aurora on the second night,) since the QA was going for a kill (which indicates that he/she is alone.) I can't fathom why the QA targeted Y-s unless this person has been targeting known innocents, hoping to meet up with another QA, while being afraid of taking down the Illusionist too early. The only other thing that I can think is that the QA hoped that the mafia would target the Defender the same night so that the Ninja would be vulnerable, which seems like a rather weak bet... :huh:

As for what the mafia are doing, I'd say laying low could be a good thing in that it confuses the innocents, but it kind of backfires since there are already some likely suspects, (plus the fact that the innocents know that there has to be at least one mafia member remaining kind of counteracts the reasoning behind keeping out of the picture.)

As for voting, I have some ideas of likely suspects, but I want to hear some opinions from others before presenting my own views. There's still plenty of time to come to a reasoned decision on the most likely baddies. I would say that currently the GR seems like the best choice to try to nab, since the GR knows his/her targets best and will kill tonight (or at least try to. *crosses fingers* :( ) If there is only one QA, then he/she won't be able to do anything tonight and the mafia will act anyway. Though if there is only one mafioso/a, getting him/her wouldn't be bad either. :)

Let's get out there and lynch ourselves a baddie! B))

I'm pretty sure he's a baddie, though it does kinda suck that he has to enter the game in such a situation. Hats off to you for reading all the previous posts and still be willing to become Dnae's replacement.

I would say that currently the GR seems like the best choice to try to nab, since the GR knows his/her targets best and will kill tonight (or at least try to. *crosses fingers* :( ) If there is only one QA, then he/she won't be able to do anything tonight and the mafia will act anyway. Though if there is only one mafioso/a, getting him/her wouldn't be bad either. :)

At this point I'd be happy with lynching any baddie. We're still in good shape as long as we dont mislynch someone. If there is only one QA, wouldn't that be considered a majority and they could still kill? Or am I misunderstanding the rules?

Hypothetical question... if somehow the reaper and ninja and all the QA's were to die, and the penguin were to accidentally choose a mafia to convert (not knowing they were mafia), would that pretty much end the game? Even if it was 7 innocents and one mafia left, since the mafia would be a penguin and couldn't be lynched, then they'd just kill the others off for the next 7 nights and escape the lynchings each day. Is that how it works, or does the penguinism only escape one lynching and then can be lynched again after that?

If there is only one QA, then he/she won't be able to do anything tonight and the mafia will act anyway.

Dawh, I think you are remembering this rule from a previous game. My understanding of the M-V rules is that a solo QA can kill every night. So offing the QA today may still be worth pursuing.

Hypothetical question... if somehow the reaper and ninja and all the QA's were to die, and the penguin were to accidentally choose a mafia to convert (not knowing they were mafia), would that pretty much end the game? Even if it was 7 innocents and one mafia left, since the mafia would be a penguin and couldn't be lynched, then they'd just kill the others off for the next 7 nights and escape the lynchings each day. Is that how it works, or does the penguinism only escape one lynching and then can be lynched again after that?

Since I was just in the rules in order to respond to dawh, here's the bit on the penguin:

* Penguin - the Penguin is favored by the Host God Frost. The Penguin cannot be lynched and, on the 3rd day, can convert one more person to penguinism. The new Penguin, in addition to their previous role, cannot be lynched either. If either Penguin is lynched, they get out of the lynching via divine intervention

no indication this is a one-time thing. Looks like permanently lynch-free.