BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Whoa, just thought of something... :ph34r: If we let PG get killed by the ninja, and for argument's sake the QA's do target her and meet up and all that, who gets the kill?? If the ninja wins just 'cause he/she is super bada$$ then we could potentially lynch another baddie here...let's think about this. We have a shot at lynching the other QA right?? Which would mean there would only be one left for the 3rd lynching. And assuming we don't get him/her then, then the GR (assuming he/she doesn't die tonight) or the mafia could potentially kill them. The GR is lasting a little longer this time (*rare* I might add) and could do us a favor by targeting the last QA. However this IS a gamble and we could accidentally lynch one of us also...but it could be something we discuss a little further to try and weed out a QA.

Guys, is there anything out there that could like, I dunno, point the finger at a QA at least 70% or so. If so, that's a gamble I'm willing to take.

This is a great reason why I think Dnae is a baddie. Seems like he is telling the other QA how to coordinate.

Whatcha think Y san?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe...I'm glad you made me come out... *goes back to gloating*...being stubborn against UR was fun :P

Edit: Actually, I was thinking about coming out anyways...I was just hoping the Defender would keep themselves better hidden...

ouch! I was trying, but you were outing yourself pretty good without me. That, and with the masked lover thing, I had to try and fix things. Notice, I didn't out who the ninja was until YOU pressed me.

Edit: for a while, the suspicion was for I-san or Brandonb for being the Defender. Never once was I mentioned. AND you can say you suspected them as the roles they are, but that's easy to say now that they're pretty much confirmed.

Edited by dusty_b109

This is a great reason why I think Dnae is a baddie. Seems like he is telling the other QA how to coordinate.

Whatcha think Y san?

Yeah...I've read it like 3 times, and it makes no sense...if he is a baddie, what is his goal here? Just being confused/wrong doesn't make someone a baddie...it's the intentions that give them away...

...so we know PG was a QA, so why would the other QA's want to keep her alive so badly? If only one QA survives, it's easier to kill, because "a majority" is just that one QA...or do you think dnae is the MoS? But he wasn't really in danger of being lynched, and making himself suspicious kinda seems like a bad idea...I dunno, gotta think about this some more... -_-

ouch! I was trying, but you were outing yourself pretty good without me. That, and with the masked lover thing, I had to try and fix things. Notice, I didn't out who the ninja was until YOU pressed me.

Lol...I'm not blaming you...I'm just saying that it was my hope that the Defender could stay low-key. But under the circumstances, I don't disagree with what you did. If you thought that you, as the Defender would die, then you needed to make sure the Ninja got protection, which is what happened, so well played :).

After the clue in Frost's post, I figured I'd be on top of the GR's list anyways, so there was more use in me playing with my anonymity to lure out some baddies than trying to hide it...plus I'm vocal about my thinking anyways...;P

Whatcha think Y san?

wait, he can't communicate with another QA, right, because they're all dead. PG is snowboarding in a yeti castle, GC (not sure but I think he might be a QA) is drifting around in Mafia afterlife, so even if dnae is the last QA he can't do anything to "warn" the remaining QAs

Lol...I'm not blaming you...I'm just saying that it was my hope that the Defender could stay low-key. But under the circumstances, I don't disagree with what you did. If you thought that you, as the Defender would die, then you needed to make sure the Ninja got protection, which is what happened, so well played :).

After the clue in Frost's post, I figured I'd be on top of the GR's list anyways, so there was more use in me playing with my anonymity to lure out some baddies than trying to hide it...plus I'm vocal about my thinking anyways...;P

Ah, ok. I get SO friggin' defensive sometimes! I hate it. I would say it's a girl thing (btw, I wonder if I'm still a lesbian masked lover...) but I honestly think it's just a me thing. I just wanted to stress that I WAS trying to stay low-keyish without being suspicious, but wanting to participate in bringing down the bad-guys. Although, whenever we played cops and robbers as a kid, I was always a robber. That's not a hint or anything, just a random personal statement based on sleepiness and good wine.

**Updated Roster** -_-

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - DEAD - [spy]

2) Brandonb -

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana - DEAD - [Doctor]

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

Night all. Be back early. :D-_--_--_-

Edited by akaslickster

ok.,..so I am dead <_< I apologize for not being active....some stupid squirrels had eaten up some part of my Lan cable so I had no access to the internet for a day....Had to change the Lan cable -_-

But I really dunno why I was killed off in the day post....It was confirmed that PG wud die and my role was important in the night...Frost knew that....If I hadn't been on until night, then it wud have been ok to kill me....ok..It was the host's call or was it? :excl:

even Mekal was inactive and he didn't vote for the lynching....why didn't he die with me? And why did Unreality constantly say that maybe Frost will kill me for inactiveness???? he has said that in two previous posts.. Why didn't he say that for Mekal then? I HATE biased nature :angry: The most logical explanation I can give is that he considered me to be a baddie (as I was in his baddie list)

I demand an Explanation!!

Anyway, I would have been able to save, as many innocent roles have come out :rolleyes:

All the best for all the Innocents! I hope we win :)

ok.,..so I am dead <_< I apologize for not being active....some stupid squirrels had eaten up some part of my Lan cable so I had no access to the internet for a day....Had to change the Lan cable -_-

I demand an Explanation!!

Me too - I was up till 2am (1am GMT) reading through as stand by - and again today for 90 mins - Im not asked to locum/take over - maybe it's a balance sdjustment -

Frost - is it worth me keeping up with all this attitude posting, posturing and reasoning (not to mention lies - good one PG)

anyway cant deal with the UR v I-s thing - two great deinzens but chalk and cheese - just respect each other guys

Mafia VI - takes place in space I hope - all roles shld be roll of dice, otherwise loving it

Itachi - How about hosting a game ?? it will keep people interested

A - coz of your abilities

B - coz it will be different - change keeps out staleness

C - coz it will be irestable for all - inc UR I hope

Note Frost - no offence - I think it needs to be passed around for reducing prediction, just a shame we do not have enough ppl in the den intereseted so they only play every other game - too many regulars maybe

I don’t know what Y-san is up to with these posts (first 2 below). It is not like her to have her facts wrong, but here she clearly does

And looking over CL's posts, I've noticed she was pretty eager to have the day end on time and to lynch PG...I'm having deja vu from last game, lol, when we were both mafia and she was complaining about CP coming in late and making it a die b/w BB and PG b/c she (as mafia) wanted the bomb lynched. In this case, if she is a baddie, she's trying to protect herself and the unknown baddies (as discussed by others in their posts as well...).

Anyways, I'll stop gloating for now, and say I suspect CL due to her eagerness to lynch PG (and have the day end on time), which was reminiscent of her eagerness to lynch PG last game, but for different reasons...I'll have to go over Slick and Dnae's posts again to say about them...

While she has my actions pegged in M-IV, she’s completely wrong about this game. I don’t recall making any comments about timing of the day (for one thing, there wasn’t much discussion about when it should end, that was entirely up to Frost). I did want to know if we were still playing, because that was a question, but then decided to go ahead and post as if we were playing. But again, no comments (or cares) about how long the day lasts.

And certainly in no hurry to lynch PG. I repeatedly said and agreed that lynching PG may not be in our best interests. Now my reason was incorrect: I thought we should go after QA, and I thought she was mafia, but still, I didn’t want to kill her off without looking for someone else first. I only reluctantly voted for her, and conditionally, depending on how the spying turned out. I felt bad that I couldn’t be here for more discussion – I hated having to vote without all the info – but sometimes real life gets in the way. But without another defined target, it is (was) better to lynch a definite baddie than an unknown. I was trying to foster discussion about who would be another good target, but I ran out of time.

All my voting-related posts (or all that I could find right now) are quoted below as evidence.

Again, I don’t know why Y-san is pointing at me with fabricated evidence. For one who does a lot of careful research, I can’t believe this was an accidental slip-up. What are you trying to accomplish, Yoruichi-san?

OK, PG, I'm open to suggestions. Propose another name and a valid reason why that person is more deserving of a lynch vote.
(assuming we're moving forward with the game in some fasion:)

Well, PG was on and didn't respond to this, so I guess I'll have to vote for her. ;)

But her defense is sound (not necessarily the ML thing, but the other part). While lynching a baddie is a good thing, it is important to remember there is a time and place for everyone. I don't know what kind of baddie PG is, but I suspect she's mafia (I thought that before her comment, but I don't remember why; maybe it was in a post somewhere). And what we need to focus on is eliminating the QAs. Why? because they are a more imminent threat to Innocent victory. Mafia need to kill of everyone else, QAs just need to get rid of one target. So they are always closer to victory. That's who we need to go after.

Unfortunately, I don't have much idea who the QAs are. Well, I have a little idea, but I'm not confident enough at this time to come out with it. If anyone else can propose/justify a name, I'd love to hear it.

Here's an idea: we lynch a baddie today, and tonight the ninja can go after PG, a confirmed baddie/mafioso. That way, we don't lose an innocent during the lynching.
Yes, I have proposed doing that. The challenge is to find someone else that we can agree is a baddie.
I have to be gone for a while and may miss the end of the day, so here are my conditional votes:

If unreality spies on crazyP and she is QA, my vote is crazyP. Likewise for Y-san, but I think its more likely to by crazyP. If unreality spies on someone else who turns out to be QA, I'll vote for that person. In all other cases (including if the spied-on player is Mafia or GR), my vote is for PG. If you missed why, its in some post somewhere: I believe QAs are our most imminent threat and they should be targeted first

CL: she wants you to slip up and make a mistake, ie, mess up. Which you won't :P Either you're a good Innocent or a good baddie

Thanks, unreality, but haven't you exceeded your one allowable ghost-post?

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - DEAD - [spy]

2) Brandonb -

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7)Mekal -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana - DEAD - [Doctor]

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

true updated roster(you guys keep forgetting to change my name from talisin untill he gets back.)

Edited by Mekal

(btw, I wonder if I'm still a lesbian masked lover...)

*ears perk up**

Whoa I had noo idea there were 2 sets of masked lovers.

You were at one time Dusty? Was it just a college thing?

LOL

Edited by crazypainter

Ok seriously...

What is going on here? Is it day, night, are we still playing?

Has all this bossy nitpicking just been strategy? Sounds

quite jr. high to me. And I dont want to return to that time

period! That was 1984 and these shenanegins are reminding me

of that Orwell novel.

Lets get on with the game. Post Frost!