BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

I like the way you think. The original idea was to use the Aurora on the 2nd night (though Y-san was very much against this...), I think it's a good one. If the Shaman is still alive, tonight is the best time to use the Aurora

Sorry, I wasn't "very much" against it, if you look at the actual post, I just pointed out that it was more likely for baddies to off each other earlier in the game, and therefore I thought it would be better to let them do so...;)

nvm about Y-san. I guess it was just a nagging suspicion

Haha...yes, I guess BB was right about me "joining the club" (at the end of Maf IV)

I would agree.... except for the fact that we haven't been "buddy-buddy". Yes, I defended Bb in the 1st day, and I defended him well, cuz I thought that Rene was suspicious- and I was right, wasn't I? But I constantly said that I wasn't "buddy-buddy" with Bb, I just wanted him alive to the 2nd day, which is when I would Spy on him. And I still plan on doing this. I am not "buddy-buddy" with anyone and I do not trust anyone, except Twaoday, who I know to be the Bomb. Every time I point out this fact to you, you ignore it and then bring up the same suspicion. I know you're a smart guy- please see reason, my friend :D

lol.... yeah I would have to be banking big-time on the fact that GC was the Spy, which he was not (I am the Spy). The idea of me and Bb being the other two Mafiosos is rediculous, and you know it, but if you really think so, ask the Shaman to scry me

yes, having suspicions is sensible. I commend you for asking questions :D

I dismissed it- and yes I will easily say that I dismissed it- based off of my experience (multiple experiences) as the host.

1) That might not have been a clue. I know, from being host, that 99% of things that people think are clues are not actually clues

2) Let's say it was a clue anyway... Even so, how does it mean 'Bankroller'? Whenever I gave a clue with alarms and security systems, it ALWAYS pointed to the Defender. Slick's clues from Mafia III. KOP's clues from Mafia IV. I think I did clues in Mafia II as well that were similar and pointed to the Defender

3) Let's just say that all of that is disregarded and we think Bb might be the Bankroller. Well, I'll spy on him today

But I'm telling you, a maybe-clue is nothing to go on. That's why I ignored it

Good point about the Twoaday plan. But Bb defended this very well, just trying to stir it up and get the vote started, and pointed out that the first person to be voted for isn't the first lynchee. He was just being Brandonb :P And then he changed his vote once I showed that Twoaday was the Bomb, just like everybody else did (except pw0nzd, who was gone)

I'll happily counter any suspicions people have. I am the Spy.

I think UR is just aware of how unfair it is to be suspicious of someone right off the bat, which is what BB gets a lot (the last game *everyone* was after him...;P), and I think he's just trying to make sure we don't do it again. I am also aware of this, and this is why I was willing to give BB the benefit of a doubt...

But UR, if you really are the Spy, I think you should spy on me (as I offered before), because then you will understand why I want to be *absolutely* sure you're not actually the MoD, and also it will reveal something to you about the BB clue...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate being on the other side of the world... everything happens when I'm asleep. Anyways, I think Nayana and Sinistral are very suspicious. Some people try to cover up their role by not posting because they're afraid their post will give them away. So, like TwoaDay said, start posting some stuff...

Ok everyone, we are at 71 pages and are only on the 2nd night. If you have something important to say you can put it here otherwise, lets not have anymore posting here until frost gets back.

please.... B))

Edited by pw0nzd

here's my overall uneasiness then: It's you who are going to supposedly say Bb is Innocent tomorrow... that doesn't work for me.

I agree- which is why I might take up Y-san's offer and spy her instead

also,

1) I don't agree that Bb made a good enough excuse for going after 2D. And I think you bought it way to easily.

I didn't "buy" anything- which is why I decided to spy on Bb the second day (which I might now not do, since it clearly wouldn't prove anything to you, or y-san). Half of me was convinced, half of me still suspicious.

2) sure rene was a baddie, that doesn't mean Bb wasn't.

3) I'm not going to ask or expect the Shaman to die in order to prove your Innocence or Guilt and you know that's not going to happen anyway. It's like the whole "i'm innocent" claim now. It basically means nothing.

2 & 3: I agree. The Rene point was that I led the lynching against a Mafioso, though if you really think I'm Mafia or really want to believe it, I'm sure you could find a reason that we would be self-sacrificing or something and give up Rene. But I have no affiliation with the Mafia. I am the Spy. There doesn't seem to be much else I can do to convince you

4) if you're Mafia then you need to kill 2D. I noticed that you and Bb talk a lot about getting protection, but neither ever mentions 2D. if the Mafia is going to win they have to kill him sooner or later. In my opinion 2D deserves it waaay more than Bb at least. And you saying Bb is an Innocent tomorrow does not make you the Spy either. So you two are being extremely slippery.

hmm... I never considered Twoaday requiring protection, as he was the Bomb. By the way, you're setting me up for a classic Mafia frame-up by saying "if unreality is Mafia, then the Mafia will kill 2D"... lol what do you think the real Mafia is gonna do when they see that? Unless you are part of the Mafia and setting me up completely. But I think you're Innocent. I could be wrong though.

So, in answer to your implications, (1) I did not think that 2D requires protection. He wouldn't be killed the first night, but now that he was outed, I see why the Mafia want him dead, but they'll probably leave that to other baddie groups who don't want to be lie detected (ie, 2D was the downfall of PG, and we have yet to see which kind of baddie she is), and (2) I know, which is why I might spy Y-san instead of Bb

you're being awfully persistent in making people think I'm not the Spy. Kinda like what Puzzlegirl was doing. You're not as suspicious as her, but this constant attacking is ramping up my alarm level ;D

5) Bb bought you being the Spy instantly, claiming that he would have picked that role. I wouldn't have picked that role personally, but Bb is deadset that you would have. Why? Sure you're talking to Frost in the Intro, but he added the disclaimer that you could have joined a bad faction.

yeah, I agreed with Frost when he offered to put that in. It was to make sure that people didn't think I was just a confirmed Innocent. ie, to make me as unknown as any other role. But that has changed with me outing myself as the Spy.

and as for picking the Spy, it's because it gets a role every day now, instead of what it was before (ie, it was lame before). It's a cool role now. Frost gave me first pick, and I picked Spy. Cuz I want to help the Innocents- but you're making that hard, man :D

I admit it's a long shot,

a very long shot

plus if PG is revealed as Mafia, your little idea is blown out of the water

but you 2 are smart and gamblers in this game. you 2 haven't eluded my crosshairs at all and you've both said a lot so far. unfortunately Mafia is a game of Guilty until proven Innocent. My apologies if I'm wrong, but I can just see you 2 running this town in a couple of days

we probably could, if we were baddies. But we aren't. As Y-san said a while back, if I was a Mafioso, would I try something as dumb as this? Why hasn't the real Spy come out?

edit: typo

Edited by unreality

Yeah...I'm getting more suspicious of I-san...he seems to be on a "UR is trustworthy" / "UR is not trustworthy" pendulum...

Plus, he obviously thought I was the Ninja (I will not say whether this is true or not ;P), and I think he was trying to win my favor/trust by suggesting I get protection, even after I pointed out that the Ninja couldn't be killed when the Defender was still alive...but as soon as BB accused me of being a QA, he jumped on the "Y-san is suspicious" train...why so afraid of the Ninja (or suspected Ninja)?

Anyways, it also occurred to me that BB could be the Thief...which is why he told UR "make sure you spy on me tomorrow"...but we'll see if the Thief does anything in the night post...

Edit: grammar

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I agree- which is why I might take up Y-san's offer and spy her instead

I didn't "buy" anything- which is why I decided to spy on Bb the second day (which I might now not do, since it clearly wouldn't prove anything to you, or y-san). Half of me was convinced, half of me still suspicious.

2 & 3: I agree. The Rene point was that I led the lynching against a Mafioso, though if you really think I'm Mafia or really want to believe it, I'm sure you could find a reason that we would be self-sacrificing or something and give up Rene. But I have no affiliation with the Mafia. I am the Spy. There doesn't seem to be much else I can do to convince you

hmm... I never considered Twoaday requiring protection, as he was the Bomb. By the way, you're setting me up for a classic Mafia frame-up by saying "if unreality is Mafia, then the Mafia will kill 2D"... lol what do you think the real Mafia is gonna do when they see that? Unless you are part of the Mafia and setting me up completely. But I think you're Innocent. I could be wrong though.

So, in answer to your implications, (1) I did not think that 2D requires protection. He wouldn't be killed the first night, but now that he was outed, I see why the Mafia want him dead, but they'll probably leave that to other baddie groups who don't want to be lie detected (ie, 2D was the downfall of PG, and we have yet to see which kind of baddie she is), and (2) I know, which is why I might spy Y-san instead of Bb

you're being awfully persistent in making people think I'm not the Spy. Kinda like what Puzzlegirl was doing. You're not as suspicious as her, but this constant attacking is ramping up my alarm level ;D

yeah, I agreed with Frost when he offered to put that in. It was to make sure that people didn't think I was just a confirmed Innocent. ie, to make me as unknown as any other role. But that has changed with me outing myself as the Spy.

and as for picking the Spy, it's because it gets a role every day now, instead of what it was before (ie, it was lame before). It's a cool role now. Frost gave me first pick, and I picked Spy. Cuz I want to help the Innocents- but you're making that hard, man :D

a very long shot

plus if PG is revealed as Mafia, your little idea is blown out of the water

we probably could, if we were baddies. But we aren't. As Y-san said a while back, if I was a Mafioso, would I try something as dumb as this? Why hasn't the real Spy come out?

edit: typo

alright, good answers. it looks like you see where I'm coming from though. i'm actually really just suspicious of Bb, but he is gone and can't defend himself. but yeah, I definitely want you to Spy on anyone who is NOT Bb ;) I'll point my crossshairs at someone else for a while =)

on another issue: I'm a little confused: you got to pick your role (i thought that was a joke) and write the intro? i don't get how that's fair at all. maybe i missed this discussion. please enlighten me.

Yeah...I'm getting more suspicious of I-san...he seems to be on a "UR is trustworthy" / "UR is not trustworthy" pendulum...

Plus, he obviously thought I was the Ninja (I will not say whether this is true or not ;P), and I think he was trying to win my favor/trust by suggesting I get protection, even after I pointed out that the Ninja couldn't be killed when the Defender was still alive...but as soon as BB accused me of being a QA, he jumped on the "Y-san is suspicious" train...why so afraid of the Ninja (or suspected Ninja)?

I agree, he's been flipflopping from "99.99% sure Unr is the Spy" to "Unr and Bb must be the last two Mafiosos!", and "Y-san should be saved" to "Y-san is suspicious"

flipflopping doesn't necessarily mean baddiness (look at 2D), but Itachi is not inexperienced (like 2D was), so this has me confused and I'm questioning my idea that I-san was innocent

Anyways, it also occurred to me that BB could be the Thief...which is why he told UR "make sure you spy on me tomorrow"...but we'll see if the Thief does anything in the night post...

needless to say, the same can be said of you, you asked to be spied on as well. So we'll just see if the Thief uses the power tonight :P

alright, good answers. it looks like you see where I'm coming from though. i'm actually really just suspicious of Bb, but he is gone and can't defend himself. but yeah, I definitely want you to Spy on anyone who is NOT Bb ;) I'll point my crossshairs at someone else for a while =)

thanks, though you just flip-flopped again... not saying this is bad, but it's confusing me. You're like the new Bb ;D hehe

on another issue: I'm a little confused: you got to pick your role (i thought that was a joke) and write the intro? i don't get how that's fair at all. maybe i missed this discussion. please enlighten me.

I didn't write the intro

but i DID get to pick my role :P hehehe

i thought you were the Yeti actually... meaning the QA's could possibly win tonight if things played out a certain way.

i think that y-san has a reasonable argument, and there isn't much evidence against her, so i would focus more on finding ties and comparing votes to roles of death. such as people not voting for renne.

as for the UR and BB connection, (i am not defending them, im just saying what i think) My guess is that UR is the person who BB trusts the most to make the right choice, although they could still be baddies, they might not be connected.

i thought you were the Yeti actually... meaning the QA's could possibly win tonight if things played out a certain way.

How, exactly, could the QAs win tonight? Don't they have to kill the Yeti? and isn't the yeti the illusionist tonight?

edit to add: or do you mean the 3rd night?

Edited by Cherry Lane

but i DID get to pick my role :P hehehe

okay, if he in fact did get to chose his role, he probably is innocent,

Reasons:

1) innocent is an easier role to have. not as much worry

2) if you are an innocent, when being voted to be lynched, you can come out with your role,

3)in the previous mafia games that ive read (Mafia II, III, and IV) UR tends to be favorable to the innocents but that is my opinion

the rules say the Yeti cannot be found on odd nights. this is an even night...

you're right....but the rules also say the yeti is not the yeti on even nights....so I think the GR has to be killed before the QAs even have a target.

okay, if he in fact did get to chose his role, he probably is innocent,

Reasons:

1) innocent is an easier role to have. not as much worry

2) if you are an innocent, when being voted to be lynched, you can come out with your role,

3)in the previous mafia games that ive read (Mafia II, III, and IV) UR tends to be favorable to the innocents but that is my opinion

i have to agree, i really didn't get that he chose his role, which I'm not exactly happy with btw. Just because he hosted the other games shouldn't mean he gets special privileges now, in my opinion. I thought the point of unreality joining the game was that he could be a regular player. I'm not a fan of this.

i have to agree, i really didn't get that he chose his role, which I'm not exactly happy with btw. Just because he hosted the other games shouldn't mean he gets special privileges now, in my opinion. I thought the point of unreality joining the game was that he could be a regular player. I'm not a fan of this.

Yeah...personally, I'm in favor of randomizing the roles...last game it seemed like everyone and their moms :P knew that Bb was a QA...

right, but what if the mafia kills the GR tonight? and the QAs get the Yeti?

wow, I guess that would come down to the timing of the PMs - if the QAs killed first, then they kill the illusionist, not the Yeti.

Yeah...personally, I'm in favor of randomizing the roles...last game it seemed like everyone and their moms :P knew that Bb was a QA...

Unreality actually made a comment (though I think it was in the mafiosa forum) that for M-V all the roles should be random. Guess that plan didn't last long...