BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drag the XML file onto Microsoft Excel... I think it might work in a browser too, not sure

You have to actually download the file then right click > Open With > Choose Program... > Microsoft Excel

oh I'm adding something to my spreadsheet, btw- GC was not the GR

edit: and Rene could be the Bankroller. Another change ;D

edit2: so after the night post, I will post my updated spreadsheet

If you save the file to disk and then drag it into an open Excel Doc, it works too.

I have a couple of additions to the spreadsheet regarding GC, is there any reason I shouldn't post them here? I don't know who he was, but I know a couple of roles that he was not.

sorry, I don't know how. Maybe someone else can

dawh: what changes? I know that GC wasn't the GR, if that's what you're referring to. GR is invincible first night and day

Guess I might as well tell all (baddies have probably already figured out most of this anyway, it's just logic:)

He can't be the Defender (we would have been told) or Ninja (can't die,) or the Doctor because the Healer was with the doctor that night. He can't be the Icon, or we would have had a double lynching. We also know he wasn't the Illusionist because the QAs would have been outed or won during the day post.

Those are the first things that I see. Anyone see any problems with that? B))

Guess I might as well tell all (baddies have probably already figured out most of this anyway, it's just logic:)

He can't be the Defender (we would have been told) or Ninja (can't die,) or the Doctor because the Healer was with the doctor that night. He can't be the Icon, or we would have had a double lynching. We also know he wasn't the Illusionist because the QAs would have been outed or won during the day post.

oh yeah! nice deductions!

I'm iffy on the outing of the Defender for Mafia V though. Can we clarify that, Frost? edit: I just asked him, Frost said "yes, Defender is outed", so GC was not the Defender

edit2: my spreadsheet is updated, I'll repost it after the night post comes

Edited by unreality

So if the Aurora isn't used tonight, we can be pretty sure of one of two things. 1-GC was the Shaman. or 2-The Shaman is a newbie, that doesn't realize they they stand a very slight chance of seeing night 4.

if they are alive, they maybe should consider Scrying me, just to prove my innonence once and for all

oh yeah! nice deductions!

I'm iffy on the outing of the Defender for Mafia V though. Can we clarify that, Frost? edit: Frost said "yes, Defender is outed"

edit2: my spreadsheet is updated, I'll repost it after the night post comes

Thanks! B))

I'm not very good at pegging people based on their actions like Brandonb seems to be, but if the logic says it must be so, I'm pretty astute at picking up on it. :D I hope we get some good information (and news) in the night post (letting me update my spreadsheet ;):P )

Well yeah, he still could have been the illusionist. b/c the QAs only win if they kill the yeti

Well yeah, he still could have been the illusionist. b/c the QAs only win if they kill the yeti

no if the Illusionist dies, the Yeti dies too. The QAs would then have to lynch someone the next day to win or lose, which didn't happen. So GC was not the Illusionist

Edited by unreality

if they are alive, they maybe should consider Scrying me, just to prove my innonence once and for all

It's true that most people are trusting you right now and we don't know much other than no one is contradicting you, but wouldn't it be a waste for the Shaman to Scry on you? I mean you led the charge against Rene when there wasn't any definitive evidence against her. That's not the sort of thing a Mafioso would do; you could be a QA, but then the whole "Twoaday is the Bomb" thing would have been a total bluff or a guess or something, which could have gone horribly wrong. I don't see how Scrying on you would benefit the Innocents. It seems like there are other better potential targets for the Shaman, so I hope he/she did use the Aurora instead of Scrying.

Only time will tell. :o

Edit: formatting

Edited by dawh

Actually I dont like that idea... since after they use both the shaman is dead, and would rather the shaman save the scry for possibly identifying another baddie.

I agree with Brandonb... if Aurora is not used tonight it we can be pretty sure that either GC was the shaman, or that the shaman is more of a newbie than I am.

Edited by Sinistral

about the Scry thing: good points- it was just in case anyone was suspicious of me. But it's a good idea to save the scry. I think the Shaman should definitely use the Shaman on the 2nd day though, because there's no telling how much time we have. Our #1 kill priority is the QAs, since they have the easiest time winning. And I'm suspicious of Y-san... I think she might be a QA

edit: didn't see your post, PG. Muhahahaha! I had you pegged as a baddie from early on, btw. Oh and I think you're Mafia, if not just cuz of the fact that you and Rene both voted for me. But you could be GR, or QA. We'll soon see (unless the baddies do our dirty work for us and kill you off tonight)

Edited by unreality

Yay! all PMs are in! Let's get this started! No posts until the night post, which might be a bit, I'm in the process of writing it. And trust me, this will be a good one. :D

It also depends on if I can be around to post it. We'll see.

Edited by Frost

hmmm... just thinking

1) I think puzzle girl is a mafioso, not a QA, because she wouldn't have said i can still make a difference tonight, she wouldn't be sure if she would meet up with other QA's, unless she is using that message as a signal to meet other QA's.

2)the aroura should defenately be used tonight, if not, the doctor or healer should save 2aday