BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Wow, lots of posting, I'm finally caught up, and here it goes...

My "trick" as you all called it was just an attempt to get the game going. It worked :P

I know that Unreality got first dibs on his role. I of course could only think of one role that I would go for if I had my choice of any, and that of course would be the Spy, so I believe what Unreality is saying (that he is the Spy). So, b/c of this I will happily withdraw my vote for TwoaDay, and uhh... I dunno who to vote for now.

Itachi's "unknown secret knowledge that he cannot and will not disclose" is once again a ruse. As it has always been. I don't wanna say he's a baddie, but I'm certainly a goodie, so he's off his rocker either way.

So umm... I'm innocent, you will seriously be messing up if you lynch me, so please don't.

I am increasingly suspicious of unreality as he is stuck on defending TwoaDay... makes me wonder if they are mafia counter parts and he is just defending him... purely because both of them have been voted for... but the 3rd mafioso/mafiosa has not been voted in and needs no defending.... wow I am getting seriously paranoid lol

Yeah, I would have thought the same thing if I hadn't had Unreality pegged as the Spy from back in the signup thread. (BTW, in case the saving roles haven't caught on, the Healer needs to take care of Unreality tonight). No worries, he can't be the assassin, there isn't one this game :D

And no, I am not a QA again, I just had to have some answers clarified. Of course I possessed specific knowledge, I was a QA in the last game. I just wanted to make sure that the game was fair for everyone. So I don't have to feel like I'm beating up a disabled kid when we beat them! :P

ugh, i got excited when i saw Brandonb reading this topic and then he didn't post anything... giving yourself time to concoct a dastardly plan perhaps? anyway, everything seems to be contingent on his defense. ...so we wait.
I'm still in the process of writing my post man, I never left. give me a break! :P

So, my vote is still up in the air...

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb -

3) Frozen

4) Slick-voting for Taliesin

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi - voting for Brandonb

9) CrazyPainter- voting for Brandonb

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae - voting for Brandonb

12) Nayana - voting for Taliesin

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd - voting for TwoaDay

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl - voting for Unreality

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83 - voting for Unreality

20) Sinistral

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might just be watching Summer afternoon toons...LOL..JK.....I may retract my vote for BB if he doesn't get on soon b/c the poor guy hasn't had a chance to defend himself and is always a sure fire way to kill an innocent...at least from previous Mafia Wars.

Never mind, I see you are on now, I spoke too soon LOL

Edited by dnae

Rene: I hope you've read from page 25 onward, then you would know that I'm the Spy. I spied on Twoaday, to learn he was the Bomb. Obviously I'm gonna defend him! If he's lynched, one Innocent dies for sure, and then someone random among the voters will also die, which at this point is more likely to be an Innocent. The fact that you think I'm suspicious because I'm defending a confirmed Innocent is what makes YOU suspicious, Rene, but I'll let it go as newbiness, or maybe you just didn't read the last couple of pages

as for Brandonb, I won't vote until he gives his defense ;D

edit: didn't see your post! Sorry man! I'll read it, one sec

Edited by unreality

Sorry for taking so long. I was at the dealership getting that SAAB (I had started a thread asking for advice about it). They had the VIN# wrong on ALL of the forms, and didn't realize it until AFTER we had filled out all of the paperwork. So I spent about 5hours there while everything got straightened out.

Well I hope the defense goes well, b/c I really don't have much to back myself up with, nor anything to use to point at anyone else this early in the game.

Sorry for taking so long. I was at the dealership getting that SAAB (I had started a thread asking for advice about it). They had the VIN# wrong on ALL of the forms, and didn't realize it until AFTER we had filled out all of the paperwork. So I spent about 5hours there while everything got straightened out.

that sucks :( sorry dude

Well I hope the defense goes well, b/c I really don't have much to back myself up with, nor anything to use to point at anyone else this early in the game.

yeah, right now I just have this idea that Rene and CL are both Mafiosos, but I can't be sure. Just intuition

oh and thanks for saying that the Doc and/or Healer should save me tonight- that's if I survive the lynching that is

I am also suspicious of Rene, I really think her "I'm a newbie and thus do not know what I am doing" thing was a little over the top and quite a bit forced. I'm thinking she is doing the "I'm clueless" thing that one of the mafia girls (can't remember which) did in Mafia IV to sneak under the radar, but I would prefer to leave my suspicions with her until there is more to go on...

I myself am leaning towards Cherry Lane (side note: when I type your name, for some reason my fingers always type Candy Land :D ). She was very adamant in her pursuit of 2aDay (who we still haven't heard from for his defense, fyi), and I know she is a tricky player as well. That, and I'm not getting a feeling for anyone else. Maybe I am a very gullible person, well, I am actually, but I believe Unreality, Brandonb, and Unreality's support of 2aDay. I will wait upon Cherry Lane's defense before I cast my vote.

I myself am leaning towards Cherry Lane (side note: when I type your name, for some reason my fingers always type Candy Land :D ). She was very adamant in her pursuit of 2aDay (who we still haven't heard from for his defense, fyi), and I know she is a tricky player as well. That, and I'm not getting a feeling for anyone else. Maybe I am a very gullible person, well, I am actually, but I believe Unreality, Brandonb, and Unreality's support of 2aDay. I will wait upon Cherry Lane's defense before I cast my vote.

Ummm.....have you read my posts? How was I adamant in my pursuit of TwoaDay? I have stated several times that it was not meant to be a serious vote, just a lesson for a newbie. I still haven't picked a suspect, though I need to do it soon. I have to leave in a moment and may not return before the end of the mafia-day.

I wasn't aware that I was two people :lol:

I agree that Rene83 and Cherry Lane are most suspicious right now

CL: my reasons for suspecting you are different than Dusty's, btw. Hang on a sec

alright, Bb has pulled through :P Now I don't know who to vote for

Rene was high on my suspicions list for a while as a Twoaday bandwagoner until she dropped off, but now she's back with her assertion that "defending an Innocent from lynching means you're a baddie"

exactly how did he pull through? just because he said you should have a protector? It's true that you should, I thought that was obvious. I'll confirm my innocence if that makes people more ready to believe me. I am an innocent. (I hate that though and I think the Lie Detection shouldn't be part of the game, but whatever, there it is). I'm just going by the clues Frost left us. Brandon's house has an alarm. That made me immediately think of the Bankroller (bank alarms). Like I said before he could be an innocent, but he was also the first to vote for TwoaDay (who i think is the Bomb, because i trust unreality is the Spy).

Rene and CL are suspicious, but I see no reason to change my vote. Actually, I'm more inclined to keep it now.

that sucks :( sorry dude

yeah, right now I just have this idea that Rene and CL are both Mafiosos, but I can't be sure. Just intuition

oh and thanks for saying that the Doc and/or Healer should save me tonight- that's if I survive the lynching that is

youre just saying that because I voted for you... I keep in mind that you are an experienced player tand that you can manipulate a "newbie A**" like me

into thinking anything you would want me to, but unfortunately I have to stick to my guns and hope my vote will not result in the killing of an innocent. :mellow:

**Bringing it over**

and umm, I missed the reasoning behind voting for Taliesin. Can anyone explain this?

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb -

3) Frozen

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

10) Cherry Lane

13) Dawh

16) Dusty

18) Tolecnal

20) Sinistral

I wasn't aware that I was two people :lol:

I guess I did make you two people. i was going to just say 2aDay, but then I realized he hasn't confirmed or denied that support (it would be stupid to deny), but since he hasn't said anything, I can't say I believed him. Since it was you who defended him, it's you I believe.

exactly how did he pull through? just because he said you should have a protector? It's true that you should, I thought that was obvious. I'll confirm my innocence if that makes people more ready to believe me. I am an innocent. (I hate that though and I think the Lie Detection shouldn't be part of the game, but whatever, there it is). I'm just going by the clues Frost left us. Brandon's house has an alarm. That made me immediately think of the Bankroller (bank alarms). Like I said before he could be an innocent, but he was also the first to vote for TwoaDay (who i think is the Bomb, because i trust unreality is the Spy).

Rene and CL are suspicious, but I see no reason to change my vote. Actually, I'm more inclined to keep it now.

I took that clue the opposite direction. My gut says that Bb is an Innocent, and the alarm clue points to Defender or Inspector or something like that. A bank wasn't mentioned at all :confused:

youre just saying that because I voted for you... I keep in mind that you are an experienced player tand that you can manipulate a "newbie A**" like me

into thinking anything you would want me to, but unfortunately I have to stick to my guns and hope my vote will not result in the killing of an innocent. :mellow:

yes I'm saying that stuff cuz you voted for me, obviously. I don't want you to vote for me. Cuz I'm Innocent. So I'm attempting to persuade you. In Mafia terms, this is called a defense. Not sure if you know this or not so I'm putting that out there

I pointed out that you said, essentially: "unreality is defending Twoaday, who is innocent. So Unreality is guilty" and then you voted for me with no other reason

I really hate to vote-and-run, but I gotta. I'm a toss up right now between Bb and Rene, but I'll go with Bb simply because he has votes. I learned last game that striking out on my own doesn't get me anywhere (though it looks like I'd have some support with Rene this time, I'm still going where the votes are.)

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb -

3) Frozen

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

10) Cherry Lane - - voting for Brandonb

13) Dawh

16) Dusty

18) Tolecnal

20) Sinistral

I really hope I can be back before the end of the day....I'm not comfortable with the way things stand right now.

Edited by Cherry Lane

This is all mostly moot as things stand (since some 30 odd posts have come since I began this) and for the most part I trust Unreality and Twoaday (and maybe Brandonb,) but in any case, these were my thoughts up to this point and maybe someone will find a kernel of truth or a "Eureka" moment from them. Remember that these were written in a pre-Brandonb response world and may not be applicable in their entirety at this time.

------

I have to say that something has been bothering me about this whole exchange with Brandonb from the beginning. It just doesn't seem like Brandonb. We all recognize him as a master of deception (dare I say Subterfuge :PSee Mafia IV ) and this trap he sprang on Twoaday seems wrong.

At the first level, we take it at face value and he is an innocent trying to get a mafioso to follow his vote and Twoaday takes the bait.

At the second level, he is a mafioso and knows that an innocent may try a similar trick, so does it in reverse, knowing that the other mafioso/as won't spoil it.

The problem that I see with both of these levels of thought is that the "Aha! Gotcha!" came way too quickly for a Brandonbesque ploy. It's all too convenient and the execution of the trap just doesn't seem like the way Brandonb would do it, unless he has some ulterior motive.

Which brings me to the third level (of metathought if you're following along,) Brandonb knows that people won't trust him (largely from his inclination to lie no matter which role he has in every Mafia game he's played) so he decides to arrange for Twoaday to "fall" into a trap which will make people trust Twoaday and those who supported him while Brandonb, who would be high on people's lists of dangerous indivduals anyway, takes the fall. He has already stated in other places that he does not expect to make it through the first day. If he's going to go down, why not buy some innocence for his allies? :mellow:

------

Again, I'm not saying any of this is anywhere near the truth, but it is a possible alternative to Brandonb's line of defense. I admit that his explanation of "I was just trying to get the game going" does answer my feeling of discontent with the situation, but then again, when has Brandonb done anything that can be accepted at face value? :P My one question for Brandonb would be, any strong reason behind choosing "Sinstral" in your initial accusation?

You may have noticed (and I've probably mentioned it before elsewhere,) but I'm much better at asking questions than answering them B))

so how much time is remaining? I need to... WE ALL need to start casting votes soon. You know the rules...

About 4 and a more hours until the final decision...hehehe. Oh, I'm out of popcorn.

*grabs more popcorn and sits back to watch* ^_^

the roster:

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick - voting for Taliesin

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

10) Cherry Lane -voting for Brandonb

13) Dawh

16) Dusty

18) Tolecnal

20) Sinistral

My one question for Brandonb would be, any strong reason behind choosing "Sinstral" in your initial accusation?B))

Simply b/c we were nearly 12hrs into the game and no one had voted. So I went down the list for the meaning sounding name (like Lucifer in... Maf III?). So yeah... pretty strong huh? :P

Yeah I have to leave for the evening as well and was hoping Twoaday would show up to confirm/deny the bomb statement before I make my decision on things. When does the day end exactly? What time and in what timezone?