BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Wait... How do we know that PG is not the GR? I admit I have been skimming just to catch up, I must have missed it somewhere where we left this out? BTW, I thought a masked lover was always a mafioso. Is that how it works?

Edited by Brandonb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy frost this is tiring. Waking up at six to find that another million posts have been added when I was asleep... I have to say that CP was very suspicious at first... but I suppose puzzlegirl did say she was a baddie, although that ML stuff was probably just some trash to prevent her from dying.

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - voting for Puzzlegirl

2) Brandonb - voting for Puzzlegirl

3) Frozen - voting for Puzzlegirl

4) Slick - voting for Puzzlegirl

5) TwoaDay - voting for Puzzlegirl

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Puzzlegirl

10) Cherry Lane - voting for Puzzlegirl

11) Dnae - voting for Puzzlegirl

12) Nayana -

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd - voting for free brownies

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD [Mafia]

20) Sinistral - voting for Puzzlegirl

and brandonb, I'm pretty sure that the rules just say that a ML has to be a baddie, not a mafioso

Edited by frozen_in_fire

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

12) Nayana -

13) Dawh - voting for Puzzlegirl

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal -

I'll put down my vote for PG since I can't find a better choice and Dnae made a good point that the QAs will be guaranteed to take since it's been suggested...though I have to admit, that's a good way to deflect the discussion away from oneself perhaps? :o:huh:

Wow, I leave at 18:00 last night and get back on at 14:00 the next day and it took me this long just to read all posts and put my input down. Holy Crap!!

I believe UR is spy, CP is innocent, PG is not masked lover, GC is (or was ;) ) QA, Itach (not sure yet), BB is doc/healer or defender, Y-san is illusionist, 2aday is bomb, CL is GR or janitor, and where the heck is the ninja???

Nice to see at least someone is keeping tabs on me :blush: , I've just been busy with my move to my new home this past Monday and don't have internet at the house yet...got to use work (which I stated in the signup thread a LONG time ago...LOL.)

I believe we should lynch PG and hopefully the ninja will do some damage tonight. The two other QA's only have a couple of people to stay away from, 2aday and Y-san (just out of gut feeling, even though one of them tried her last night which is just random to me). I have a feeling that the GR will just go after Y-san again to prevent a QA victory, which is good, but as I said a long time ago, I really like the riddle to kill all the mafia thing. Maybe I'm just partial since I got to do it in Mafia III :). (Really cool though, too bad they had I-san on their team, smart a$$ JK LOL)

I think the reason the other QA went after me was that they read that on the first night, a QA (*cough* GC :P) did...so they wanted to meet the other QA...

Just talking it out Dnae, I think both lynching PG and not lynching PG are reasonable, although lynching PG is more of a sure bet and not lynching her relies on the fact that we can even figure out who another baddie is for sure...I just like the idea of getting two baddies for the price of one

Edit: Adding: I'm gonna wait on voting til I have to leave work in 20 min. waiting for things to be discussed to the fullest extent.

Edited by tolecnal

Wait... How do we know that PG is not the GR? I admit I have been skimming just to catch up, I must have missed it somewhere where we left this out? BTW, I thought a masked lover was always a mafioso. Is that how it works?

UR said that only the Mafia are ML, but Frost possibly could have changed it, though I doubt it. Also, if she bluffing, I don't know that there is anything to prove she isn't the GR. All we know for sure is that she's not an innocent because Twoaday called her bluff.

In post #450, CP says: "Why do I think [Rene] is innocent? Gut feelings."

Which could be true, but then Rene turning out to be a Mafioso, CP could have been trying in part to save her. I know it's not a common occurrence for Mafioso's to defend other Mafioso's in previous Mafia's, but the first lynching would be a good place for that since no one knows who anyone else is.

And then she is just jumping on the bandwagon for Puzzlegirl's lynching, because this would be a bad time to defend her if you are a Mafioso.

Just some thoughts.

I was quoting someone else to prove the point that others do go on Gut feelings.

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

12) Nayana -

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal - Puzzlegirl

Hey I'm voting for the safe vote o' PG because I have to leave work soon and I haven't heard anything that exposes a new baddie. I want to send this out before I leave and don't get a chance to.

CP is Innocent

Oh crud UR. I was getting ready to say some really funny stuff that I thought would send

some of the baddies into a tiz. But it only worked if no one knew I was innocent.

I just got back from the Dark Night with my gal. Cool. Loved it!

BTW I am the masked lover....

mwa ha ha

itachi: yes it's foolproof, because nobody was stolen from. I know CP's exact role too, but won't share it unless you guys think it's a good idea

WAIT! why share my role??? can the spy do that?

anyways I am glad you know I am innocent so you will lynch someone who really is bad and not waste it on me.

we all have good reason to believe GC was a QA. Only 2 QAs active on the 2nd night, and Rene wasn't a QA, so it must've been GC. Right? My assertion that he was the Janitor is flawed, he was the other QA

so, moving onward:

the Godfather usually spots the kill before acting on it. When they saw that GC was a QA, they wanted to kill him off. Yes, last game the Mafia spied on Bb first, learned he was QA, and then decided NOT to kill him. And guess what? The QAs won first place! The QAs have the easiest win condition. They're a huge threat not only to the Innocents but to the Mafia.

This isn't just possible reasoning, since the Mafia did in fact kill GC. They reasoned the same way.

So, GC is dead as QA, Rene is dead as Mafia, and the Mafia know that the Shaman is still alive. Ergo, they know it will be used and everybody will survive no matter what.

So they target Itachi... notice how only 1 of the 2 Mafiosos attacked Itachi? The other Mafioso could've been Itachi! They knew that everyone would survive since they knew the Shaman was alive (even if they didn't check GC's identity as QA, the chances were high that the Shaman was alive). So if they targeted one of their own, it's a perfect way to "clear" someone by killing them, since they knew I-san wouldn't actually die

I'm not saying I-san is Mafia, this is just something to think about... we can't entirely dismiss I-san from being Mafia, and especially from being baddie ;D

edit: again, just wild speculation :P

Yeah...I thought of that...that's why I said the "Why so serious?" bugged me...I dunno...

...And, hey, you were suppose to check me! I wanted you to so that I could confirm some suspicions I had about people pretending like they haven't realized what I really am/could be...grrrr

CP is Innocent

This is why I never felt a strong urge to defend myself.

I knew that if Y san, Bb, Ur, or Itachi, reread the posts

they would know I was an innocent and a true waste of their time.

I figured one of them would point it out to all of you.

For me to say I am innocent was a waste since so many of you

were suspecting me. ;)

Unless they wanted to point the finger at me and away from themselves.

edit}** doing a cute little pixie dance in a circle**

Edited by crazypainter

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before, but I think it should be brought up again to aid the "talk it out a bit" idea of Dawh's which I think is a great idea. Is it likely that the people who have already voted for PG are other baddies who want her dead instead of losing her and another baddie, by leaving PG for the ninja tonight? I might just be saying this because brownies sound hella good right now.

I agree...I was thinking that by declaring herself a ML, PG may have inadvertently helped the Innocents...the baddies would want to lynch her as quickly as possible to protect themselves, and if they thought she might be telling the truth about being a ML they would want her lynched as opposed to Ninja-ed even more...

Oh, and I want brownies, too! ;P

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi - voting for Puzzlegirl

12) Nayana -

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

only sure one is PG, plus this looks like no contest anyway. i would have liked to see the ninja take her out, but since we have nothing concrete it has to be PG now for the lynch. also, yes Bb, i see no reason why she couldn't be the GR.

This is why I never felt a strong urge to defend myself.

I knew that if Y san, Bb, Ur, or Itachi, reread the posts

they would know I was an innocent and a true waste of their time.

I figured one of them would point it out to all of you.

For me to say I am innocent was a waste since so many of you

were suspecting me. ;)

Unless they wanted to point the finger at me and away from themselves.

edit}** doing a cute little pixie dance in a circle**

Lol...sorry, there have been just too many posts to carefully look at them all...I was actually focusing more on the posts of the people I had strong suspicions of...I figured UR, Uber-Spy, would deal w/ your innocence/guilt ;).

WAIT! why share my role??? can the spy do that?

anyways I am glad you know I am innocent so you will lynch someone who really is bad and not waste it on me.

as Ur said he could share your role just like i could share who the inspector is but it would be a bad idea to share either

only sure one is PG, plus this looks like no contest anyway. i would have liked to see the ninja take her out, but since we have nothing concrete it has to be PG now for the lynch. also, yes Bb, i see no reason why she couldn't be the GR.

Whoa, just thought of something... :ph34r: If we let PG get killed by the ninja, and for argument's sake the QA's do target her and meet up and all that, who gets the kill?? If the ninja wins just 'cause he/she is super bada$$ then we could potentially lynch another baddie here...let's think about this. We have a shot at lynching the other QA right?? Which would mean there would only be one left for the 3rd lynching. And assuming we don't get him/her then, then the GR (assuming he/she doesn't die tonight) or the mafia could potentially kill them. The GR is lasting a little longer this time (*rare* I might add) and could do us a favor by targeting the last QA. However this IS a gamble and we could accidentally lynch one of us also...but it could be something we discuss a little further to try and weed out a QA.

Guys, is there anything out there that could like, I dunno, point the finger at a QA at least 70% or so. If so, that's a gamble I'm willing to take.

Interesting...looking over I-san's posts, I've realized that he's offered to be lie-detected every time he is accused, but has never offered to be Spy-ed upon...

...MoD? :unsure:

And I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who would go after the bomb...but could it be someone experienced trying to pretend to be a noob?

(Don't take this personally, I-san ;P)

And looking over CL's posts, I've noticed she was pretty eager to have the day end on time and to lynch PG...I'm having deja vu from last game, lol, when we were both mafia and she was complaining about CP coming in late and making it a die b/w BB and PG b/c she (as mafia) wanted the bomb lynched. In this case, if she is a baddie, she's trying to protect herself and the unknown baddies (as discussed by others in their posts as well...).

And the fact that Bb asked for protection rules out him being Doctor/Healer...the Ninja may know whether or not he can be the Defender...

Hmmm.....the Ninja has his/her work cut out for them ;P

well dnae, your starting to sound a little Mafioso but since this has been a topic of discussion previously i am willing to let it slide. if we have any concrete evidence of another baddie then is may be worth it but PG is a sure bet wheres we may take out an important inocent (now that i think about it, every innocent is important) and i for one wouldnt know who to lynch, possibly sinistral or i would say CP but she's innocent, but mabey we want to lynch you dnae for brining it up xP

yeah dnae is doing everything he can to get us to not lynch PG

but I wont change my vote YET:

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

12) Nayana -

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

5) TwoaDay - voting for dnae

7) Taliesin -

12) Nayana -

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

well i will, for now

edit: is free brownies a legal vote?

Edited by TwoaDay

well dnae, your starting to sound a little Mafioso but since this has been a topic of discussion previously i am willing to let it slide. if we have any concrete evidence of another baddie then is may be worth it but PG is a sure bet wheres we may take out an important inocent (now that i think about it, every innocent is important) and i for one wouldnt know who to lynch, possibly sinistral or i would say CP but she's innocent, but mabey we want to lynch you dnae for brining it up xP

Hey, the two for one thing was your idea. Just trying to maximize baddie kills here. And why would I want a baddie to live. I'm just saying either by day or night, she's going to die, so why not take advantage. The landslide vote due to evidence of baddie is a first for us and it just seems like a waste. Like rushing to just get her out of the way and take our chances through the night. That just seems like a cowardly innocent thing to do. Well I am a baddA$$ innocent this time, finally LOL, and I want to kick some butt. Like I said b4, This is my fifth Mafia game and taking it easy and safe does not make for an interesting game.

And to you Unreal, looking at my above sentence, you know what I'm talking about :) :) :)

Interesting...looking over I-san's posts, I've realized that he's offered to be lie-detected every time he is accused, but has never offered to be Spy-ed upon...

...MoD? :unsure:

And I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who would go after the bomb...but could it be someone experienced trying to pretend to be a noob?

(Don't take this personally, I-san ;P)

lol why would i take it personally? like unreality said to me when i was coming down hard on him: it's good for you to think of every possible clue and scenario (not his exact words). your theory makes sense except for the fact that unreality only started distrusting me recently. if he was all over me earlier in the game i would have offered to be spied upon. his spyings have all proven to be very successful though, so i'm glad that didn't happen for the innocents sake. for my sake though, it would be nice if he did and people trusted me now, but w/e, that's Mafia.

as for dnae, i don't get you're move here. there's no hope of you getting PG off the lynch without implicating yourself. also, if PG turns out to be GR or QA then I'm confused about you, but you may still move right to #1 suspicious on my list.

edit: oh and there is a slight problem no one has yet mentioned with killing PG at night. we won't immediately learn her ID.