BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

In post #450, CP says: "Why do I think [Rene] is innocent? Gut feelings."

Which could be true, but then Rene turning out to be a Mafioso, CP could have been trying in part to save her. I know it's not a common occurrence for Mafioso's to defend other Mafioso's in previous Mafia's, but the first lynching would be a good place for that since no one knows who anyone else is.

And then she is just jumping on the bandwagon for Puzzlegirl's lynching, because this would be a bad time to defend her if you are a Mafioso.

Just some thoughts.

Similar thoughts here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In post #450, CP says: "Why do I think [Rene] is innocent? Gut feelings."

Which could be true, but then Rene turning out to be a Mafioso, CP could have been trying in part to save her. I know it's not a common occurrence for Mafioso's to defend other Mafioso's in previous Mafia's, but the first lynching would be a good place for that since no one knows who anyone else is.

And then she is just jumping on the bandwagon for Puzzlegirl's lynching, because this would be a bad time to defend her if you are a Mafioso.

Just some thoughts.

also, i clearly got under the mafia's skin with some comments (or they just don't like me :P ) the only people i have really been after were unreality, Bb, y-san and ....cp (cp is #1 on my suspicion list right now)

I think we should trust the ninja to kill PG over night. I'll wait for some other opinions though.

--

about unreality: what is the definitive status of your position now? are you diminished or the same power? also, i advise everyone to take a step back and think like a mafioso (i don't have much love for them, but right now I'm more interested in game fairness than revenge). In order for them to win, unreality must die at some point (and that is not going to happen unless by miracle). The other baddies would like that too, but it's not as necessary for them as it is for the Mafia. This is why i suggested that all baddies should have the spy-wipeout option, but there is no check to that because we all know unreality is the Spy so there needs to be a balance that could hurt the baddies. This is where all the problems arise. I can't think of how to make that fair, but there must be a way for unreality to die to have any fairness at all in this game. can people please address this issue instead of ignoring it like usual? any comments about it should be taken as out-of-game comments.

itachi: that's why I'm doing today, with PG at the lynching

post #230 (I think), by CP, when I told her that she was suspicious (i said something like "you're the near the top of my blacklist, CP")

her post:

ha! Unreality you crack me up! Oooh I'm on your Black List!

Was my accusation of Itachi silly? I know I am funny.

If pointing something out is silly then, yes I am.

I am curious, how was my reply scathing?

Are you trying to get me to bite at something?

Sorry, I'm a vegan.

that rang very suspicious to me

post #230 (I think), by CP, when I told her that she was suspicious (i said something like "you're the near the top of my blacklist, CP")

her post:

Sorry, I'm a vegan.

oh sorry, i didn't know that was definite. i feel bad now... sorry unreality, that sucks but if it makes any amends, i've been racking my brain over how to keep you in the game ;)

also, i advise everyone to take a step back and think like a mafioso (i don't have much love for them, but right now I'm more interested in game fairness than revenge). In order for them to win, unreality must die at some point (and that is not going to happen unless by miracle). The other baddies would like that too, but it's not as necessary for them as it is for the Mafia. This is why i suggested that all baddies should have the spy-wipeout option, but there is no check to that because we all know unreality is the Spy so there needs to be a balance that could hurt the baddies. This is where all the problems arise. I can't think of how to make that fair, but there must be a way for unreality to die to have any fairness at all in this game. can people please address this issue instead of ignoring it like usual? any comments about it should be taken as out-of-game comments.

Unreality CAN die, just not easily or quickly: the mafia have to kill the doc and healer first.

Edited by Cherry Lane

her post:

Sorry, I'm a vegan.

so...do you have abilities today or not? Can you find out about crazyP?

and that would be ...a miracle

edit: oh, and don't forget about the Yeti and the Illusionist preventing the GR from getting him.

yes, I did say it was neither quick nor easy, just possible.

I was just looking at what the mafia has to do to kill him. I think the GR would be after other targets, not the spy.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Unreality, you really don't need to leave the game, and Frost said you aren't going to die just for the choosing id thing. You apologized, your powers are being halved, any potential leverage is gone. I really think the matter should just be dropped.

I agree with your thought on CPs response. That is kinda suspicious, and random.

I don't want to vote for her quite yet, because there are still a lot of people we haven't heard from on the lynching topic. Frozen, Mekal, dnae, nayana, pw0nzd, and sinistral. There is a lot of time left before making the final decision (9.5 hours). I would like to hear their thoughts on the matter as well.

This statement confuses me. Why should the Shaman have waited? Sure, Y-s was saved by the healer, but Itachi would have died (unless he's the Ninja, but that's in no way confirmed/suspected.) And since he was targeted by the Mafia, that means he's not mafia, and it seemed to be concurrent with the GR's fight with Y-s and the QA, so he's probably not GR either. He could still be a QA, but I didn't see anything to identify him as any role other than the Psychopath, but that's not in this game. :P;) If the Shaman hadn't saved Itachi tonight, he/she probably would have waited for the fourth night to use the ability so that the Ninja can get a kill on the third, and we all know how likely it is for any one particular player (or the entire game ;) ) to get to the fourth night alive.

Puzzlegirl is claiming to be the baddie Masked Lover and it could be another bluff on her part. However, if we can find another target I'd be more comfortable since the Ninja can always finish the job tonight without the risk of losing an innocent during the lynch today. So I'll wait for others to comment before voting for PG.

As for the whole UR thing, I have no strong opinion either way. I was kind of in and out last night, so while I read the discussion, I didn't have time to comment. I'm posting that in the sign-up thread so as not to clutter this one. I will say that I don't think that this one mistake on his part warrants execution. :o He has done an excellent job as host previously, he just got a little carried away as an actual player. I do think he should have second chance. (Or at least be able to spy one last time before he dies so that the Innocents can win! :lol:B));):P jk)

Sorry, dawh, and sorry Itachi, but personally I think Aurora should be used to save more than one person, otherwise it's not much better than what a doctor/healer does every day and it's one of the Shaman's only 2 skills, which he dies after using...so it makes his/her role kinda weak if Aurora saves only one person. I think it should at least save 2, and ideally 3...;)

so GC was a QA, the Inuit, the Janitor or the Penguin

I'm pretty sure GC was a QA. There were only 2 QA's mentioned, and the fact that the third one left his QA badge thingy on my lawn suggests he's dead...also, I have to admit, when I first read that I had been targeted by a QA the first night, I immediately thought of GC...;P

I'm pretty sure GC was a QA. There were only 2 QA's mentioned, and the fact that the third one left his QA badge thingy on my lawn suggests he's dead...also, I have to admit, when I first read that I had been targeted by a QA the first night, I immediately thought of GC...;P

yeah I agree... I think he was either a QA or Janitor. I guess we'll find out later :P

Ooh, ooh, me! ;P

Since it's been confirmed by God that you are indeed the Spy, I think we can work well together...;)

Anyways, have to go now, be back after the work day...

nah, don't spy on Y-san. It would be a waste. Look at her past posts, I think her role as a good-ie is pretty obvious.

Why would she do that? She dies anyway. I already asked her to provide a name, and she ignored the post.

First, I didn't ignore your post. I had already logged off...check the timeline. Also, of course I'm not stupid enough to give any names (whether I know any or not)...I'd rather sacrafice myself (and one of the innocents) than out somebody else just because I was stupid enough to allow myself to get caught.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by puzzlegirl

First, I didn't ignore your post. I had already logged off...check the timeline. Also, of course I'm not stupid enough to give any names (whether I now any or not)...I'd rather sacrafice myself (and one of the innocents) than out somebody else just because I was stupid enough to allow myself to get caught.

Then why did you come out that you're the masked lover?

Then why did you come out that you're the masked lover?

uhh...because I don't want to be lynched. Duh. But I'm not giving up someone else. With me and one of the innocents gone, the baddies will have a better chance than if I out someone else with me....that would be 2 of us gone (why would I do that???)

EDIT: Okay...here's a name: UNREALITY! ;)

Edited by puzzlegirl

the roster:

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - voting for Puzzlegirl

2) Brandonb - voting for Puzzlegirl

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay - voting for Puzzlegirl

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Puzzlegirl

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana -

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd - voting for free brownies

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl -

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

First, I didn't ignore your post. I had already logged off...check the timeline. Also, of course I'm not stupid enough to give any names (whether I know any or not)...I'd rather sacrafice myself (and one of the innocents) than out somebody else just because I was stupid enough to allow myself to get caught.

EDIT: spelling

I don't really want to get into an argument over this, but here's the proof: here are the time stamps from posts 873 and 874. You posted 11 minutes AFTER I asked my question.

OK, PG, I'm open to suggestions. Propose another name and a valid reason why that person is more deserving of a lynch vote.

Understood. I know that it makes no sense to believe me now since I so blatantly lied before, but what did you expect me to say when you put the pressure on? Has anyone in the history of Mafia ever come out and said publically they are a baddie? And I see how suspiciously convenient it is that I am the Masked Lover, but when exactly should I have come out with that information?? Maybe I'm not the best at strategy...and obviously I am not the best liar, so I guess you'll just have to decide among yourselves if you're willing to chance that I'm telling the truth. It is unfortunate, for me especially, that you are not able to lie detect my statement. But if you let me live today, you can always lie detect me later and burn me at the stake the very next chance you get.

Meanwhile, my kitchen is starting to fill with the mouthwatering aroma of the most scruptious brownies you can ever imagine!

And, I'm out for the next 5 hours or so. I'm taking my kids bowling and to lunch today...then back home for BROWNIES!!! I'll check back in later this afternoon.

Not that I ever expected you to comply. I wouldn't have, either.