BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Ooh I can post again now that its over. I was pretty sure CP was Penguin but maybe I was wrong. Frost can we get a summary post revealing all the actions and things? I'm interested in seeing how things went down behind the scenes.

Yeah, at first I had her as the Penguin. She probably actually is, Not that it matters. I just wanted to post a roster that would put Mekal on his heels for a "No Contest" plea ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh I can post again now that its over. I was pretty sure CP was Penguin but maybe I was wrong. Frost can we get a summary post revealing all the actions and things? I'm interested in seeing how things went down behind the scenes.

Oh Sin You are.. Right!

My penguiny goodness is swirling all around me.

I want to go play in the snow, slide like a freak!!!

I wanted to make these comments but I thought

a baddie would throw me in a hot bowl of soup.

I hate the heat!!!!!!!

:)~

Wow. Nice work innocents! I knew you would win! Literally, Mekal didn't stand a chance once this day started(no offense, but really, you didn't), what with the Inspector getting lucky enough to get Mekal the next day.

Alright, day post coming, I'll post stuff about everyone afterwards. :D

If the night hadn't gone so fast, I would have scried on you, which would have put a crimp in your plan... :P

I think you have to blame Slick for that...perhaps his ESP failed him :o

yeah...I knew I had next to zero chance of living to night 6....but it made no sense to go after the ninja who was *obviously* going to be protected....I guess I should have done it anyway.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Its interesting... the healer comes out looking like either a genius or dumb luck. Trying to figure out which.

I was trying to get rid of the QA's before going after you CL. I had Dnae/LIS all wrong though. Had a pretty good feeling you were the reaper which made even more sense when you changed your vote to me.

Wow! I go out after work, and am away from a computer until now, and the game is over. I love my tragic death! Shame on me for voting for LIS, my tragic masked lover. Sorry Y-san for not protecting you better, but I did help one night by blocking a QA.

Ok, my obsessed ghost self waits for the final day post, and then ... sign-up (wow, I am totally obsessed.)

Wow! I go out after work, and am away from a computer until now, and the game is over. I love my tragic death! Shame on me for voting for LIS, my tragic masked lover. Sorry Y-san for not protecting you better, but I did help one night by blocking a QA.

Ok, my obsessed ghost self waits for the final day post, and then ... sign-up (wow, I am totally obsessed.)

You do realize that sign-up has already started and there are only 4 spots left, right?

Hey!What's this with me being a QA? I am just a poor soul searching for salvation. :P Hi Meka l! I thought of giving you company in the sign-up post, and guess what, that's what I ended up with. But you deserted me, replacing poor Taliesin(nvm, he's an Other). :lol:

And Frost, was the Monthly rent in the first day post, a hint to my identity. :P

Mathgirl, That wasn't my QA badge. :P Brandon, it's ironical, that I targeted you, the first night. Hey!But you didn't know that. You could have saved me. :P

Hey!What's this with me being a QA? I am just a poor soul searching for salvation. :P Hi Meka l! I thought of giving you company in the sign-up post, and guess what, that's what I ended up with. But you deserted me, replacing poor Taliesin(nvm, he's an Other). :lol:

And Frost, was the Monthly rent in the first day post, a hint to my identity. :P

Mathgirl, That wasn't my QA badge. :P Brandon, it's ironical, that I targeted you, the first night. Hey!But you didn't know that. You could have saved me. :P

oh, sorry...

i did look back at the sign up but there wasn't much i wanted to say

Oh Grrr Mekal! You totally played the "blame the newbie" card! glad it didn't work. By the way I'm a "she" not a "he" you would think my sexy avatar of Battle Angel Alita would make that obvious! I apologize for picking all the wrong people to freeze as the Inuit, first I chose Unreality (oops) because he was being so shady and so frickin' bossy I really hoped I could get him, then I chose ummmm...Cherry Lane? because I knew she was a baddie just wasn't sure which one...bummer dealio

*No hard feelings and I'll do better next time

Links:

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D

Mafia V Intro

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising addendum

Day 1 - The Really Ominous Frozen Lake

Night 2 - Oh $#!T!

Day 2 - Sacrificial Snowboarding

Night 3 - Writer's Block in Pengville

Day 3 - The Pit

Night 4 - One Hell of a Night

Day 4

The End

“But I’m telling you guys I’m the Healer!” Mekal blubbered out.

“Not a chance. I know who the Healer is, and it’s not you,” Brandonb retorted.

“Oh come on, don’t believe Frozen! He’s probably the last QA, or maybe tolecnal is!” Mekal said, panicked.

“Nope, sorry, but Slick is the Healer,” replied Brandonb, “I’m the Janitor, I spied on him a few days ago. You’re the last QA, and your mission is to lynch tolecnal.”

“Alright, fine! You got me! I killed Yoruichi-san last night. I am the last QA! The last baddie!”

“Not for long,” said Brandonb.

“Oh yeah? We’ll just see about that,” yelled out Mekal. He ran over and grabbed tolecnal by the neck, and holding a knife to her throat. “If I go, I’m taking her with me,” Mekal said.

“Calm down Mekal,” dawh said quietly. “No need to kill her.”

“But then I win!” screamed the crazed Mekal. “Hehehe…you can’t stop me, the QA’s have won!”

*BANG*

Mekal fell dead onto the ground, the blade falling out of his hands.

Brandonb looked up from the smoking Penguin Pistol©, shocked.

“Nice shot BB,” said pw0nzd, staring at the slumped body of Mekal on the ground.

“Wait, how’d you get that? Isn’t that Frost’s?”

“He let me borrow it for a little while,” Brandonb responded.

“So Mekal was a QA, but who were the other two?” asked TwoaDay, “I know PG was one.”

“GC,” replied Frozen, the Inspector, “I got his name on the second day, confirming him as a QA.”

“And rene83 was a Mafioso, obviously,” he continued, “As was LIS.”

“Too bad Dusty went with him,” said crazypainter.

“I guess the other mafia had to be Itachi,” said tolecnal, getting up, “That was very crafty having dnae attack him, banking on the Aurora.”

“I almost wish I hadn’t used it,” said the Shaman, dawh, “And I never got to use Scry.”

“It wasn’t necessary,” commented Slick, “We won in the end.”

“What was with that whole argument about unreality?” said TwoaDay, “Just because he was Spy. Oh well, it won’t happen again.”

“So who’s left?” questioned Brandonb, “I’m the Janitor, pw0nzd is the Icon…”

“I’m the Penguin!” called out crazypainter.

“TwoaDay was obviously the Bomb, and Frozen the Inspector.”

“Yes, and I was the Inuit,” said tolecnal, “Unfortunately I couldn’t manage to pick a single QA.”

“Terrible how Youruichi-san didn’t live to see the end,” said Brandonb, “Though we managed without her Ninja skills.”

“At least Cherry Lane didn’t get to her,” replied dawh.

“And the incident with Nayana. Tragic,” Slick mentioned, “She could have helped a lot as Doctor.”

Some of the crowd had started to walk off.

“Wait. Who was Sinistral?” asked pw0nzd.

“The Illusionist,” Brandonb noted, calling back, “I had him figured out a while ago.”

The crowd dispersed, people headed for home. All of the baddies had been killed, so they had nothing left to do but go back to their normal lives.

THE INNOCENTS ARE VICTORIOUS!

I’ll post some other stuff in a bit, including the epilogue and any hints that I put in my posts. :D

The Final List of Links: :(

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D

Mafia V Intro

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising addendum

Day 1 - The Really Ominous Frozen Lake

Night 2 - Oh $#!T!

Day 2 - Sacrificial Snowboarding

Night 3 - Writer's Block in Pengville

Day 3 - The Pit

Night 4 - One Hell of a Night

Day 4 - The End

Epilogue

*sigh*

Frost lied back in bed. It had only been 4 days, but it had felt like weeks. The ordeal was over. The innocents had won.

"I knew they could do it," said Frost.

He thought back to the day when it had all started. The hot coffee. The comical banter between himself and unreality. The wild but spotless leopard. That fateful message from Zero.

It seemed like so long ago, and yet it took place only very recently.

Frost got up from bed and opened the blinds. Sunlight streamed in through the window. Off in the distance Frost could see Zero flying around Snowpeak. A few Yetis had climbed up the mountain and were racing down it on snowboards. Below, the innocents that had managed to survive discussed what had happened, and celebrated their success. It had started snowing there, but it was a happy time, and the people were enjoying the snow.

Peace had returned to Pengville.

Frost walked out on the balcony of his home in the sky. He needed a break from the work of a host god. It had taken a lot out of him, especially writing the epic posts.

Unreality walked up from nearby.

"Dude, I have a great respect for you now," mentioned Frost, "this hosting is harder than it looks. You make it look so easy."

"Well, you did a good job for your first time," replied unreality.

There was a pause. After a little while, Frost said "Dude, I'm done for now. You can take back over as host god."

"You sure?" asked unreality.

"Yeah, I think I'll go visit Denbrain, see what's happening there."

Frost walked back inside to grab something. He came back out with his trusty Penguin Pistol©, which he pocketed. "Just got this back from BB," he said.

"Pengville will survive without me for a while."

Frost jumped down from the balcony, and headed off towards the clouds overhead Denbrain.

"Wait," unreality cut in, "Are you done forever?"

"Don't worry," Frost called out, "I'll be back, eventually."

"But for now I'll be where the action is!"

And Frost shot off into the sky, towards the glimmering lights of the populous city of Denbrain.

Trailing behind him was his trusty penguin, Zero.

Unreality stood there, watching the pair fly off in the sky.

"I wonder how they'll do in Mafia VI," thought unreality, heading off to start his plans for Denbrain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all played a great game! Nice job!

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - Spy

2) Brandonb - Janitor

3) Frozen - Inspector

4) Slick - Healer

5) TwoaDay - Bomb

6) Yoruichi-san - Ninja

7) Taliesin/Mekal - QA(MoD)

8) Itachi - Mafia(Bankroller)

9) CrazyPainter - Penguin

10) Cherry Lane - Grim Reaper

11) Dnae/LIS - Mafia(Godfather)

12) Nayana - Doctor

13) Dawh - Shaman

14) pw0nzd - Icon

15) GC - QA(MoS)

16) Dusty - Defender

17) Puzzlegirl - QA(MoE)

18) Tolecnal - Inuit

19) Rene83 - Mafia(Theif)

20) Sinistral - Illusionist/Yeti

Hints:

Night 1:

-None of the QAs managed to meet up in the night, GC returns home disgruntled about his failure to kill.

-The loud noises coming from Yoruichi-san's house were her practicing her attacks.

Night 2:

-Itachi was expecting the Mafioso, and knew who he was.

Itachi wasn't taking the fight seriously. :D

-Yoruichi-san has awesome Ninja skills.

-Mekal left the badge at Yoruichi-san’s because he initially chose her to attack, but changed his mind and went for TwoaDay.

Night 3:

-The Ninja complained about waiting to strike, as had Yoruichi-san

-Itachi had a gun, as he was a Mafioso

Night 4:

-Sinistral expected Yoruichi-san to appear, wasn’t worried. This was because it wasn’t Yoruichi-san, but the illusion that he had projected, as Sinistral had protecte Y-S that night, and was the Illusionist.

-The figure of Y-S vanished into the night, literally, because it was an illusion.

-The QA was clearly the one that had attacked her the night before, but failed due to the Defender.

Awww...it's over. :( Oh well, Mafia VI is starting soon. ^_^ YAY! B))

Edited by Frost