13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty - DEAD - [Defender]

17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

okay. here is a updated roster with itachi as a mafia. (He has to be scince he is the only guy not killed by the mafia and with his role not specified)

Edited by Mekal

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only "Facts" are the roles that say "DEAD" next to them in the roster, that also have their role listed next to them. There's gonna need to be at least some rudimentary logic to draw more than those.
Well I guess that anyone could be anything but I hate when I trust someones logic and then it is BS.... I'm too confused to trust my own. Dnae was reserved and did not post very much. He exused himself yet that was not proving to anyone that he was a baddie. What should happen now? Should anyone reveal who they are or how can the GR be conquered. Do we just sit around or try to plan somehow for the innocent to rule Pengville.

Okay, so on the subject of the GR, here's a thought:

We know who the GR wants to target at night (Defender/Ninja), but who would the GR be pushing to lynch in the day (assuming, as in this case, that he/she no longer needs to force the Defender/Ninja to come out)?

I think the answer is simple... The QA.

The QA's job right now (Though it seems that they may not even realize it) is to kill the GR, so that the Illusionist Evolves into the Yeti. So, since the QA is hunting the GR, it would make sense that.. since the GR couldn't lynch you (b/c you came out) AND didn't push to lynch the defender (as I had hoped s/he would) then the GR should be going after the one hunting him/her at night.

Because pretty much everyone thought that LIS was a QA, then the GR was probably voting for the QA. Of course we can't be sure, but that would surely have been the best move.

There is, of course, another possibility. Though I am not going to discuss it. B/C the strategy may not have come up yet in the minds of the baddies...

I think the answer is simple... The QA.

The QA's job right now (Though it seems that they may not even realize it) is to kill the GR, so that the Illusionist Evolves into the Yeti. So, since the QA is hunting the GR, it would make sense that.. since the GR couldn't lynch you (b/c you came out) AND didn't push to lynch the defender (as I had hoped s/he would) then the GR should be going after the one hunting him/her at night.

Because pretty much everyone thought that LIS was a QA, then the GR was probably voting for the QA. Of course we can't be sure, but that would surely have been the best move.

There is, of course, another possibility. Though I am not going to discuss it. B/C the strategy may not have come up yet in the minds of the baddies...

Exactly. I knew you'd get it ;). I had hoped the same thing, which is why I said I'd go over the posts from when Dusty came out, but it yielded nothing (since mostly it was UR, I-san, Dusty, and me talking the whole time XP).

And I'm thinking along the lines of "another possibility" as well...;P

Edit: Oh, and I'm combining this with the fact that *before* Dusty and I came out, the GR probably saw the hints about me and would have taken an interest in me to tag as possibly the Ninja ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Well, in case I don't get finished compiling my thoughts, the person I'm "researching" right now for the GR is someone who exhibited an interest in questioning about my role conveniently timed just before the day was over and it was time for the GR to kill (on the second night) and showed a continuing interest until I made it obvious...also someone who has exhibited a lot of interest in the specifics of the QA killing/dying, and someone who was very much for trying to kill a QA during the last lynch.

And Slick, GC had to be a QA (since 1/2 can't go for a kill)...since no one contradicted Bb on the Janitor (which is not an important role to hide), I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth...

Edit: clarification

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Well, in case I don't get finished compiling my thoughts, the person I'm "researching" right now for the GR is someone who exhibited an interest in questioning about my role conveniently timed just before the day was over and it was time for the GR to kill (on the second night) and showed a continuing interest until I made it obvious...also someone who has exhibited a lot of interest in the specifics of the QA killing/dying, and someone who was very much for trying to kill a QA during the last lynch.

And Slick, GC had to be a QA (since 1/2 can't go for a kill)...since no one contradicted Bb on the Janitor (which is not an important role to hide), I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth...

Edit: clarification

Hey frost, can you clarify if it was the defender being alive that stoped the QA, or the absence of the majority? :huh:

Good question Mekal, I'm not sold on GC being the QA either. There could be another QA lurking around wanting us to think they're dead until the right opportunity presents itself. GC could be the Inuit, especially since we haven't had any QA's die from him yet. Then again the Inuit could have just made bad choices...

Oh, and I want to admit that I had a "doh!" moment right after dnae/LIS was revealed to be Mafia...i.e., I'd been wondering why the Mafia hadn't killed anyone, and I could understand I-san being kind of upset and not wanting to keep playing his role, but the other Mafioso...well, *hits self over the head* dnae leaving, Frost not being able to find a replacement until the last moment...wow, definitely a "doh!" :rolleyes:

So I've been doing a little bit of Y-s' research and I think I know what course of action is best for the innocents. 'Course I can't just come out and say it because the innocents are not the only ones listening. Right now, we need the identity of the GR, since no one is informed of that role. Y-s' methods seem to have put her (and me B)) ) on the right track and the QA's ID will be revealed to the Inspector tomorrow or in two days at worst. Certain people have been acting very strangely, but have been dropping under the radar since others have been acting more overtly baddie. Looking back at the posts now, I think that it is clear what needs to be done and I will take the appropriate action.

If you think I'm being a little too vague, just know that I'm capitalizing on the situation for the innocents.

Edit: Clarity

Edited by dawh

But I wasn't about PW. It came down to a choice b/w PW and Frozen. I Picked PW b/c I would not have cared if I killed'em (doesn't contribute much at all). hehe

Haha...I'm glad I'm the Ninja, not you...XP

Just to clarify, you now know PW's role? Or just that he's an Innocent? (Of course, don't tell what the role is ;))

Links:

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D

Mafia V Intro

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising addendum

Day 1 - The Really Ominous Frozen Lake

Night 2 - Oh $#!T!

Day 2 - Sacrificial Snowboarding

Night 3 - Writer's Block in Pengville

Day 3 - The Pit

Night 4

One Hell of a Night

The night air was cool and crisp. Sinistral was sitting at a dark and lonely bus stop, with one flickering street lamp above him. He was tired of all of the killing and fighting in Pengville that had happened in the past few days. He hoped it would all be over soon. If only he realized.

Bored of waiting for the bus, Sinistral looked down at the crumpled newspaper he was holding. The headline read:

Defender Dies in Horrible Suicide During Lynching of Suspected Mafioso

“Oh great,” he muttered; “Now the Ninja will really need some protection tonight.”

It had gotten late, and Sinistral was getting tired of waiting for the bus. He had somewhere to get to, and he needed to get there fast.

A dark figure appeared in a nearby alley. It snuck up from behind the bus station and stood right behind Sinistral.

“Hello,” it called out.

Sinistral turned around. “Oh, hey,” he said calmly.

Yoruichi-san walked around and sat down next to Sinistral.

“Waiting for the bus, huh?” Yoruichi-san commented. “Lonely?”

“Yeah,” Sinistral replied, “it’s already 20 minutes late.”

Yoruichi-san was about to say something, but at that moment, the headlights of the bus rounded the corner.

“Well, I have to be going,” Sinistral said, “nice talking to you.”

The bus pulled up to the curb, right in front of Sinistral. As the doors of the bus opened, he asked the bus driver “Does this bus go to the southern end of town?”

The Grim Reaper swiveled its head around.

“Not for you!” it yelled, bringing down its scythe.

The bus pulled away, the figure of Yoruichi-san vanishing into the night.

Later that Night

Yoruichi-san couldn’t seem to fall asleep at all tonight. She was still exhausted from the fight with Itachi-san last night. Not only that, but Dusty, her Defender, had just died. She was worried that she wouldn’t be alive much longer.

“What can I do?” she wondered, “I won’t be able to strike as ninja until tomorrow night, and the GR is probably coming after me tonight!”

She paced around the kitchen, stopping occasionally, and then starting up again. After a few minutes of pacing, she opened up the fridge and had a drink of water.

*CRASH*

Someone had broken into the upstairs bedroom through a window! Yoruichi-san just had a terrible realization: She was weaponless.

“My favorite katana! It’s by my bed! How will I ever get to it now?” she thought, panicking.

Footsteps could be heard walking down the upstairs corridor. They were approaching the stairs.

Yoruichi-san looked around for a makeshift weapon, the only thing she had on her was a shuriken, and that wouldn’t be enough to stop the Grim Reaper.

The footsteps were coming down the stairs now, coming closer and closer.

Hurriedly, Yoruichi-san ducked behind the large couch in the living room, just as the person came down the stairs into the room.

“Hello again Yoruichi,” the figure said.

“Without your precious Defender around, I can finally finish you off.”

“I know you’re in here,” the person called out.

The person had started to walk around the room. Yoruichi-san peered around the side of the couch.

That was no Grim Reaper! It was a QA!

“Quite a nice blade you got here,” the QA said, speaking in no particular direction, “I found it by your bed.”

“My katana!” whispered Yoruichi-san.

“Aha!” the QA yelled, “There you are!”

He/she pointed the blade right at Yoruichi-san’s face, prepared to finish the job.

“I am really not in the mood,” Yoruichi-san said, jumping up. She hurled the shuriken at the QA, and then knocked the katana out of his/her hands.

The QA dodged out of the way, but wasn’t fast enough. The shuriken sliced at one of his/her arms, creating a deep wound. He/she roared in pain and charged directly for Yoruichi-san. He/she hit her head-on, toppling her over.

The impact knocked Yoruichi-san out cold. When she woke up, the QA was towering over her.

“Any final words?” the QA asked triumphantly.

“You can’t win,” the Ninja replied, “The innocents will stop you.”

“My death is merely a sacrifice that must be made for the success of the inn–” Yoruichi-san was cut off as her favorite katana was rammed into her heart by the QA.

The QA stood up, excited for finally making a kill.

Then it came.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

There was someone at the door.

The QA shuffled over to the door and looked through the peephole, but couldn’t see anyone.

“Who is it?” the QA called out.

“Uhh...it’s Cherry Lane, I came to check in on Yoruichi-san and see how she was doing,” the person replied.

The QA opened the door a crack, and poked his/her head out.

“Umm...She’s not here right now,” he/she said.

“Well, I have something important to give her, can I come in?” Cherry Lane asked, holding up a box she had been carrying.

“This really isn’t a good time right now,” the QA responded.

Suddenly, a frigid winter wind blew in, and Cherry Lane looked up into the night sky.

That was when she noticed the broken window.

“I’m coming in there whether you like it or not.” Cherry Lane shoved open the door, pushing the QA away from it.

She walked into the house, immediately noticing the blood spattered on the QA’s clothes.

“What happened here?” Cherry Lane asked, turning around. Then she saw Yoruichi-san.

The box dropped to the floor, landing on the QA’s foot, who bounced away on his/her other.

Cherry Lane approached Yoruichi-san, muttering, “No, no, this can’t be. How could you do this?”

“I WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL HER!” Cherry Lane yelled, whirling around towards the QA.

“Do you know how happy I was when the Defender died yesterday? Do you? Huh?”

Advancing on the QA, Cherry Lane continued, “I did not have the luck of the previous Grim Reaper. He didn’t even have to worry about the Defender getting in his way.”

“But I thought I had it. I could have won this game, easy. Then a pesky little QA like you had to come along and screw everything up!”

The QA was now cowering in the corner, with Cherry Lane still coming closer.

“Well I’ve had it! I’m tired of this cold little town! With the Ninja dead, there’s no reason for me to stay here any longer! I’m off for bigger and better things in the city of Denbrain! I here there’s another Ninja there. Hopefully I can defeat that one,” Cherry Lane said, kicking the QA hard in the ribs.

The Grim Reaper flew out of Yoruichi-san’s house with a loud swoosh, the QA thankful that it had not killed him/her. The QA looked over at Yoruichi-san, then left the house and headed for home.

And it’s day 4! Voting time! B))

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - DEAD - [spy]

2) Brandonb -

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san - DEAD - [Ninja]

7) Mekal -

8) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Ninja

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane - GONE - [Grim Reaper]