BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

okay - thanks for the info - it looks solid ----- Im getting a little muddled with my previous games

MEKAL - give us a reason if you have one or its down for sure

We can run to victory if we do nothing silly - i-s must have been mafia, surely he was not one of our saving roles?

Three to get are ..

GR - lone wolf - who wld that suit - hoping I'll have that chance one day, maybe thats why I join - my arch nemesis - need to get Y-s after that or mafia muck up

QA - as looner is now equal to GR (I think - am i wrong)

mafia - last of the threesome - who likes pizza - check the profiles

one is masked lover - so we off dusty - who we need for as long as poss - pressume we have not worked that out

If we identify too many roles we are given ouselves less chance perhaps

Goodies

CP - role ???

Y-s - Ninja - cant see it any other way

Dusty - do not lie detect her/him/it .. that wld be a waste

Twoaday - bomb for sure

poss goodies

BB - think i know his role

poss baddies

Mekal - need to check why - not putting up a fight yet

working on and thinking out loud

Sinistral

P0wnd - voting for me so looks baddie

CL - thinking goodie, but she is clever

Froz - i have a baddie feeling about

Dawh - i feel is baddie coz he voted for me, he has an agenda of somekind

random voting especially for me has to be a baddie

lets keep Y-s and dusty safe and not worry about CP of course

Looks like we have a yeti still to help and a king penguin to assist

lets run to our victory!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U know... if the Inspector has the name of a LIVING Mafioso, AND the name of a LIVING QA... It may be a good time to out urself. We can take out the Mafioso in the lynching. It's possibly the last mafioso, so there's no super kill move tonight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm thinking that the Inspector should not come out unless s/he has at least TWO living identities.

I'm really hoping it isn't someone inactive like Mekal. I tried dropping hints for inspector but they weren't picking up on them.

Place my vote down for LIS, who I'm sure is not the inspector.

1) Unreality - DEAD - [spy]

2) Brandonb - Voting for Mekal

3) Frozen -

4) Slick - voting for Frozen

5) TwoaDay - voting for LIS

6) Yoruichi-san - voting for Sinistral

7) Mekal -

8) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Ninja

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Voting for Mekal

10) Cherry Lane - Voting for Mekal

11) LIS -

12) Nayana - DEAD - [Doctor]

13) Dawh - voting for LIS

14) pw0nzd - voting for LIS

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral - voting for LIS

Added Sinistal's vote.

OH!!!!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!! IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the Healer more than likely saved the defender last night... Then the defender is vulnerable tonight no matter what. So we should lynch DUSTY!!! As a masked lover, lynching him will take out the other mafioso!! (Unless Itachi was the other masked lover, which I don't believe he was). Dusty may die tonight anyway, so at least this way we get a baddie! WHO'S WITH ME!? :ph34r:

one is masked lover - so we off dusty - who we need for as long as poss - pressume we have not worked that out

I don't like the killing Dusty idea. Itachi may have been the other masked lover, so we're not guaranteed a kill if we do kill Dusty. More importantly, we need Dusty right now. Not worth the risk if it isn't guaranteed.

random voting especially for me has to be a baddie

Its not random voting. A lot of us are basing it on Dnae's actions. Granted you replaced him so this isn't really your fault, but you do still have his role, and I'm not convinced that his role isn't a bad one.

Edit: double quoted by accident.

Edited by Sinistral

3) Frozen -

7) Mekal -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for LIS

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

Added Sinistal's vote.

Hi all I thought I would tell you why I voted for Mekal. I have no real reason except that my thoughts were that since Bb voted for him and Dawh and Pw0 voted for LIS,

if I voted for Mekal that would even the score 2 v 2 and might draw out a baddie. Cherry lane voted for Mekal just after I did.

Dawh and pw0 havent changed their vote.

I think LIS is a given that he's a baddie. I dont want to wait and lynch him next vote.

CL was already on my suspicious list. Now more than ever.

Right now I just want ot get a baddie so I am not voting for Mekal after all. bye bye LIS.

Edited by crazypainter

3) Frozen -

7) Mekal -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

Edited by Frost

Since the Healer more than likely saved the defender last night... Then the defender is vulnerable tonight no matter what. So we should lynch DUSTY!!! As a masked lover, lynching him will take out the other mafioso!! (Unless Itachi was the other masked lover, which I don't believe he was). Dusty may die tonight anyway, so at least this way we get a baddie! WHO'S WITH ME!? :ph34r:

Did we discover that Dusty is the defender?

'Frost' post='60117' date='Aug 11 2008, 10:46 PM'

11) LIS - Sinistral

-

Did not see twoadays vote for me frost - pls correct - or did i miss something

If twoaday is detecting was it on dnae or as me - if dnae you mucked up

Sinistral the inspector will not want to jump up and call his role - I have concern he is dead - the mafia can wipe out if they peg the inspector - watching BB for this reason, but pretty sure he is ok

Re MEKAL if he is inactive he is dead and role is blown - gamble but maybe we dont vote him and get someone on the ropes who needs to explainthemelves .....

which is back to sinistral who has hid behind the Y-s shield...

that is so lame - sorry sinistral have you down as scared of a lie detection, and maybe you have no feel for your role, try another read of OTHER roles to work out the players - or make a defense - the Y-s card is your downfall - hope im not wrong

Give the mekal thing some thought it cld be a free lynching

edit for colour code - and noticed y-s voted sinistral so A- is fed up of protecting a whimpy mafia, B - has a Ninja feeling

edit again coz of the other posts

Edited by Lost in space

Did we discover that Dusty is the defender?

That's what she says and no one has contradicted her and she trusted Y-s before she claimed the role. So it seems likely to be the case. I considered lynching Dusty, but I thought it would be better to wait to get the GR out of the way, especially since Itachi could have been the ML, so the kill is not guaranteed.

I'm still voting for LIS for the time being (though I am waiting to hear from Mekal, or for someone presents a case against Mekal) because I really found Dnae's statements to be strange and very uninnocent. I will be leaving soon for a couple hours, but should get back before the end of the day to see how the voting is going and change votes if I think it's best. It's by no means final for me since this is a fairly important vote for the innocents.

Okay, Sinistral, something has been bothering me about you, and I just figured out what it is:

Since now it is highly likely that I-san was Mafia, then that means that the Mafia were banking on Aurora the 2nd night.

I noticed that I-san was very much in support of Aurora the 2nd night, without giving a reason. UR and BB were also supportive, but they gave their reasons, or at least, their arguments with my reasons. However, looking at Sinistral...

Okay I'm new at this but here are my thoughts on strategy at the moment.

We're in good shape since we got a mafia the first day. I'm thinking the shaman (if still alive) should use Aurora tonight. We still have our discovery roles (Spy, Inspector, Bomb - sorry Unreality for doubting you), and if we can guarantee they stay alive for tonight, it gives us a pretty damn good chance of nailing someone tomorrow. Hopefully a QA, if we can get them down to two before they have a chance to meet up, it makes it harder for them to meet up and coordinate their kills. Plus, its a non-ninja kill night, so if Aurora was used tomorrow night it would potentially take away a ninja kill, and there's no guarantee shaman will be alive to use it on the 4th night. So I think using it tonight makes the most sense, since keeping our discovery roles alive tonight will give us excellent chances to lynch correctly tomorrow.

The blue line shows that he thinks the QA's may not meet up that night - "before they have a chance to meet up", so he doesn't think they're going to make a kill, so there wouldn't be a QA kill...

Also the doctor and healer were alive (hence the comments about the Spy being "invincible"), so UR was completely safe, definitely safer than after the doctor/healer was killed on a future night.

Actually I dont like that idea... since after they use both the shaman is dead, and would rather the shaman save the scry for possibly identifying another baddie.

I agree with Brandonb... if Aurora is not used tonight it we can be pretty sure that either GC was the shaman, or that the shaman is more of a newbie than I am.

Seems more eager than he should be to make sure the Shaman uses Aurora

Oh, and I still think the 2nd night Aurora was a good choice... they had potentially 3 kills and we had confirmed discovery roles who were out in the open. By using Aurora we were 100% guaranteed their safety for another night which allows us to figure out more identities. Good job Shaman!

Contradicting himself. Again, ignoring doctor/healer. If I-san were his partner Mafioso, they would definitely be praising the Shaman ;P

I admit, my initial vote was just kinda thinking/testing. But now after reviewing the evidence, I'm sticking with it B))

Hi all I thought I would tell you why I voted for Mekal. I have no real reason except that my thoughts were that since Bb voted for him and Dawh and Pw0 voted for LIS,

if I voted for Mekal that would even the score 2 v 2 and might draw out a baddie. Cherry lane voted for Mekal just after I did.

I think LIS is a given that he's a baddie. I dont want to wait and lynch him next vote.

Right now I just want ot get a baddie so I am not voting for Mekal after all. bye bye LIS.

Well that wld be logical up to the point where I can actually save a life by some means, pls dont ask for more- so might be an idea to turn your vote around

btw - lets see if mekal is a baddie and lycnh for inactiveness - BrandonB is usually spot on

Three to get assume mekal is one - two to go, must be easy finnish for us, so who is on board with sinistral - good spot on the CL vote - she cld be one - so we have two of three maybe,

CL wld be QA I guess - does she have the masked lover role too??

Sorry, crazyP, but your vote did not influence mine. I had my own reasons for thinking Mekal is QA. Of course if he's going to be dead due to inactivity then there's no reason to lynch him, though. LIS is not QA. He may be mafia or GR or innocent, I haven't determined yet.

Okay I'm new at this but here are my thoughts on strategy at the moment.

We're in good shape since we got a mafia the first day. I'm thinking the shaman (if still alive) should use Aurora tonight. We still have our discovery roles (Spy, Inspector, Bomb - sorry Unreality for doubting you), and if we can guarantee they stay alive for tonight, it gives us a pretty damn good chance of nailing someone tomorrow. Hopefully a QA, if we can get them down to two before they have a chance to meet up, it makes it harder for them to meet up and coordinate their kills. Plus, its a non-ninja kill night, so if Aurora was used tomorrow night it would potentially take away a ninja kill, and there's no guarantee shaman will be alive to use it on the 4th night. So I think using it tonight makes the most sense, since keeping our discovery roles alive tonight will give us excellent chances to lynch correctly tomorrow.

Brandonb,

I may be new to Mafia on Brainden, but I have played the game before. In this game I'm an innocent, but I assure you if I were Mafia there would have been a kill last night. I'm not going to say who should have died last night because I'm on the innocent side and apparently what seems obvious to me doesn't seem obvious to the current baddies. Now if you go back and look at previous posts, there is one person who has been giving advice to the QA's, and that's Dnae. Unfortunately I'm not the inspector or anything so I dont know for sure, but that's my best guess at the moment. If you're basing your suspicion of me on the fact that I was on vacation and Frost was waiting for a night PM, it wasn't me he was waiting for since my role didn't have any actions to take.

I do believe you're the janitor, so I'm hoping that you're casting suspicions on me because you want me to defend myself so that you can get some clues as to what my role is. So I hope those clues help you figure it out. I am innocent though and Dnae seems to me like the most suspicious at this point.

I hope this helps some of you see why I dont believe Sinistral.

edit: underlining

Edited by crazypainter

Sorry, crazyP, but your vote did not influence mine. I had my own reasons for thinking Mekal is QA. Of course if he's going to be dead due to inactivity then there's no reason to lynch him, though. LIS is not QA. He may be mafia or GR or innocent, I haven't determined yet.
- thanks for a 1/3 vote - but i'll be okay - got your role now

CL on the goodie list well almost, cld be ... - whoops that wld be bad

I have been reading off and on through this busy day at work. For those that question my identity as defender, no one has contradicted me, which doesn't mean the Defender isn't already dead, but we pretty much have all those posts figured out. I figure I probably won't make it to the end of this game, but I think lynching me will definitely make the ninja more vulnerable with the Grim Reaper running around. Do we have any idea of the GR's identity? So we pretty much have three baddies left.

It sounds like the suspicious characters are:

LIS

Sinistral

Mekal

Which role seems to present the largest threat?

Edit: and I'm still a girl, not an "it" LIS :P

Edited by dusty_b109

I like that idea - other ML cld be a QA though and that wld be even better - either way its 1/3 chance but can we loose a defender - perhaps Sinistral hid behind Y-s as healer - gets complicated - so...

Dusty and ML baddie out

Y-s has to be looked after - Am okay with that

Mekal goes for non participation

Doubts on Sinistral though - keepeing my vote there due to his contradiction, re dnae voting PG and he thinks dhae is suspicious - maybe Sinistral is easily bought with cookies

I will catch up tomorrow -

BB on the goodie list - stonkingly good play

3) Frozen -

7) Mekal -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal - voting for Sinistral

Hola!

My votes been pretty much up in the air all day because I think Sinistral and LIS could both be baddies. I can't seem to find any of the reasons for lynching Mekal, CL or BrandonB why are you suspicious? I'll hunt around some more just in case. I'm leaning towards Sinistral for the reasons Y-san and CP put up, (great deductions by the way) and because I think LIS is a QA and has a chance of being taken out by the Inuit if he/she is still around.

The more I think about it , hmmmm, Frozen is the perfect name for the GR. He is getting more and more suspicious as the days go by. I would like to stick with you brandonb on your analysis but, it just does'nt quite ring any bells for me.

I guess there is plenty of time for me to change a vote as I won't be sleeping for 11 hours more. :rolleyes:

I have been reading off and on through this busy day at work. For those that question my identity as defender, no one has contradicted me, which doesn't mean the Defender isn't already dead, but we pretty much have all those posts figured out. I figure I probably won't make it to the end of this game, but I think lynching me will definitely make the ninja more vulnerable with the Grim Reaper running around. Do we have any idea of the GR's identity? So we pretty much have three baddies left.

It sounds like the suspicious characters are:

LIS

Sinistral

Mekal

Which role seems to present the largest threat?

Edit: and I'm still a girl, not an "it" LIS :P

Lol...

...well I think the QA is the least threat, definitely less than the GR, since the QA can't win until the GR dies...

...the GR can't win tonight as long as the Ninja gets protection...plus the GR is the baddie that is hardest to peg right now...

...I think Sinistral was I-san's Great Aurora Caper partner...;P

My votes been pretty much up in the air all day because I think Sinistral and LIS could both be baddies. I can't seem to find any of the reasons for lynching Mekal, CL or BrandonB why are you suspicious? I'll hunt around some more just in case. I'm leaning towards Sinistral for the reasons Y-san and CP put up, (great deductions by the way) and because I think LIS is a QA and has a chance of being taken out by the Inuit if he/she is still around.

Mekal was taliesin...

EDIT: Wait, nvm, wrong thing

Edited by Brandonb

LIS, You're voting for me because I want to keep Dusty alive?

I think Dnae was a QA, my suspicions were based on all the QA hints he gave. You haven't addressed this at all, other than to point the finger at me.

CP - I'm new at brainden mafia which has a lot of unique roles that I do not know and am not used to. Killing the powerful innocent roles as mafia at night is common in all mafia games. Consider the context of both posts.

Y-san, you're guessing wrong. I stand by Aurora because strategically it was the best thing to do for the innocents regardless of what the mafia does. If we had the same situation again I'd suggest using it again, even if the mafia didn't kill. Numbers wise it makes the most sense. I didn't want to come out with this but Y-san would you understand me better if I said my role is like the 5th captain's bankai?

Since LIS thinks I'm afraid of lie detection:

I am an innocent.

I am not a mafia.

I am not a QA.

I am not the reaper.

TwoaDay, detect any of those you want. Personally though I wouldn't place much on the lie detection at this point since the MoD could still be out there.

But if that helps you put that to rest then go ahead.