BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're thinking I'm suspicious for not voting yet my reason is purely out of game. I have a baseball playoff game at 6:30 pm EST and the day ends at 9:00 EST so I'm not sure if I can make it back by the end of the day. I will however be reading posts up until then so I wanted to wait as long as I could and make the most informed voting decision because I will not be around for the last 3 hours of the day. I really would like to hear from Mekal before voting.

I assure you my role in this game is an innocent one, and I'm not sure what is making your "ESP" believe otherwise.

Whats the update pls .....

Who is good/bad which roles are certain

So far have Ys, BG and 2/d down for roles - we seem to agree all goodies

We have zilch on tolecnal (serieus dyslexic), zilch on CP and Sinistral. BB is meant to be one of us according to unreality - think I have him pegged

Ok, here's the "UNCONFIRMED" roster LIS. (People either confirmed in the night post, or people who are still alive and have claimed innocent roles and have some sort of reinforcement). The (-) symbol means they are dead, and bold means confirmed by Frost.

-1) Unreality - [spy]

2) Brandonb - [Janitor] (My Claim / No Reinforcement)

3) Frozen -

4) Slick - [innocent] (I say I spied him)

5) TwoaDay - [bomb] (UR says he spied him)

6) Yoruichi-san - [Ninja] (Backed up by Dusty)

7) Taliesin -

-8) Itachi - [?] (Logic says Baddie)

9) CrazyPainter - [innocent] (UR says he Spied her)

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

-12) Nayana - [Doctor]

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

-15) GC - [?] (Logic says Quarky)

16) Dusty - [Defender] (His claim / No reinforcement)

-17) Puzzlegirl - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

-19) Rene83 - [Mafioso]

20) Sinistral -

OK! That about sums it up!

-1) Unreality - [spy]

2) Brandonb - [Janitor] (My Claim / No Reinforcement)

3) Frozen -

4) Slick - [innocent] (I say I spied him)

5) TwoaDay - [bomb] (UR says he spied him)

6) Yoruichi-san - [Ninja] (Backed up by Dusty)

7) Mekal -

-8) Itachi - [?] (Logic says Baddie)

9) CrazyPainter - [innocent] (UR says he Spied her)

10) Cherry Lane -

11) LIS -

-12) Nayana - [Doctor]

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd -

-15) GC - [?] (Logic says Quarky)

16) Dusty - [Defender] (Her claim / No reinforcement)

-17) Puzzlegirl - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

-19) Rene83 - [Mafioso]

20) Sinistral -

Fixing a couple things with your post Brandonb. You really ought to update your spreadsheet so that everyone's on the same page. Specifically, Taliesin-->Mekal, Dnae-->LIS

And for Dusty is "His claim" --> "Her claim"

Otherwise, seems alright. Nice to know that we can trust Slick. Maybe his ESP will come in handy. B))

If you're thinking I'm suspicious for not voting yet my reason is purely out of game. I have a baseball playoff game at 6:30 pm EST and the day ends at 9:00 EST so I'm not sure if I can make it back by the end of the day. I will however be reading posts up until then so I wanted to wait as long as I could and make the most informed voting decision because I will not be around for the last 3 hours of the day. I really would like to hear from Mekal before voting.

I assure you my role in this game is an innocent one, and I'm not sure what is making your "ESP" believe otherwise.

Ok for now. Just wanted to see your reply. Peace out.

1) Unreality - DEAD - [spy]

2) Brandonb - Voting for Mekal

3) Frozen -

4) Slick - more interrogation is needed so standby :D

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Mekal -

8) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Ninja

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Voting for Mekal

10) Cherry Lane - - Voting for Mekal

11) LIS -

12) Nayana - DEAD - [Doctor]

13) Dawh - voting for LIS

14) pw0nzd - voting for LIS

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

3) Frozen -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san - voting for LIS

7) Mekal -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

btw i claim to be the bomb as well as unreality the confirmed spy says i am the bomb

and logic says it b/c noone else has come out and said that their the bomb (they would be lying)

Um, twoaDay, did you mean this?

3) Frozen -

5) TwoaDay - voting for LIS

6) Yoruichi-san - voting for LIS

7) Mekal -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

Okay, so based on Frost's answers, we know that only one QA is alive, making it highly likely that I-san was a mafioso, and the Aurora thing a clever gamble...so now we have only one mafioso remaining, and then there is the GR...

Taliesin is Mekal now, Taliesin is no longer playing Mafia V...

I looked in the rules and it doesn't say anything about special conditions for one QA, so he/she may be able to kill every night. Some clarification on that would be good. If all three are able to kill tonight, then forget my previous preference, any one of them would be good to take down.

And for the penguin, while we wouldn't be able to lynch the baddie, the very capable Ninja could still finish the job. Though Penguin, if you're alive, please choose an innocent. ;)

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but I think the best thing for the penguin to do is choose someone they can be pretty sure of, like CP, 2D, Bb or myself. Here are the +/- for each:

CP: Confirmed by UR, who was confirmed as the Spy. Don't know her role, but based on UR's advice to her, I think I have her pegged...(but I won't reveal it :P)

2D: Advantage is that he won't get killed at night, since his attacker will have 1/2 chance of blowing up. Disadvantage is that if he does get lynched, he will definitely take out one of the ppl who voted for him, who will be baddies. Confirmed by Spy to be the Bomb.

Bb: He's smart. Don't really know how useful the Janitor is to have around, but as the number of people go down, will probably be more useful. No confirmation of innocence, but high likelihood.

Y-san (me): Apparently the QAs this game have had an irresistible attraction to me...;P. Likely to be targeted at night, and if the Defender dies, likely to die at night. Has ability to kill at night, which may be useful. Confirmed innocence by both Ninja kill and Defender protection in last night post.

Choose wisely, Penguin ;)

Okay, so based on Frost's answers, we know that only one QA is alive, making it highly likely that I-san was a mafioso, and the Aurora thing a clever gamble...so now we have only one mafioso remaining, and then there is the GR...

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but I think the best thing for the penguin to do is choose someone they can be pretty sure of, like CP, 2D, Bb or myself. Here are the +/- for each:

CP: Confirmed by UR, who was confirmed as the Spy. Don't know her role, but based on UR's advice to her, I think I have her pegged...(but I won't reveal it :P)

2D: Advantage is that he won't get killed at night, since his attacker will have 1/2 chance of blowing up. Disadvantage is that if he does get lynched, he will definitely take out one of the ppl who voted for him, who will be baddies. Confirmed by Spy to be the Bomb.

Bb: He's smart. Don't really know how useful the Janitor is to have around, but as the number of people go down, will probably be more useful. No confirmation of innocence, but high likelihood.

Y-san (me): Apparently the QAs this game have had an irresistible attraction to me...;P. Likely to be targeted at night, and if the Defender dies, likely to die at night. Has ability to kill at night, which may be useful. Confirmed innocence by both Ninja kill and Defender protection in last night post.

Interesting thoughts, Y-san, but doesn't Penguinism only save one from lynching? And aren't the confirmed innocents highly unlikely to be lynched? That seems like a waste of a Conversion to me. No, I think the Penguin has a much more difficult choice to make today. He/She should convert one who has a chance of being lynched, but that the Penguin believes is Innocent. If the Penguin is not up to the task, he/she may decide to take no action.

3) Frozen -

6) Yoruichi-san - voting for LIS voting for Sinistral

7) Mekal -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

I think the GR may have paid my profile a visit before he paid me one ;P.

And, lol, 2D, nice to see you admire UR so much that you're copying his trying to tell me what to do...:P

Here's the thing though... We are not going to lynch the people listed above. We know better than that now. I think the best move bay just be for the Penguin to reserve the ability for now... (Can't it be used any day on or AFTER day 3? not sure...) The odds of the penguin helping a baddie is really high right now. Just a suggestion... :D

Plus, as you said Y-s. I'm not an important role right now, so the baddies aren't gonna take me out at night, and I'm not getting lynched during the day. So the Penguin definitely... at the least... needs to pick someone other than me, if they are going to.

Edited by Brandonb

I don't see why any of those people would ever be lynched though. Brandonb is the only one I'd have any doubts about, and those are only very slight doubts since I'm pretty sure he is what he says he is.

Interesting thoughts, Y-san, but doesn't Penguinism only save one from lynching? And aren't the confirmed innocents highly unlikely to be lynched? That seems like a waste of a Conversion to me. No, I think the Penguin has a much more difficult choice to make today. He/She should convert one who has a chance of being lynched, but that the Penguin believes is Innocent. If the Penguin is not up to the task, he/she may decide to take no action.

Hmm...well if the Penguin knows something the rest of us don't...then he/she, by all means, should do what he/she thinks is right...

The way I see the Penguin role as being the most useful in Mafia games is by alleviating the lynch-or-lose situations, such as we had in the last game ;), by preventing the baddies from lynching an Innocent who has an ability that can help the Innocents win against a N v N situation, such as the Doctor/Healer/Ninja/Janitor/Inuit (if there are QA's remaining).

3) Frozen -

4) Slick - voting for Frozen

6) Yoruichi-san - voting for LIS voting for Sinistral

7) Mekal -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

Don't like him breathing over my shoulder. :lol:

Hmm...well if the Penguin knows something the rest of us don't...then he/she, by all means, should do what he/she thinks is right...

The way I see the Penguin role as being the most useful in Mafia games is by alleviating the lynch-or-lose situations, such as we had in the last game ;), by preventing the baddies from lynching an Innocent who has an ability that can help the Innocents win against a N v N situation, such as the Doctor/Healer/Ninja/Janitor/Inuit (if there are QA's remaining).

Oh, forgot to say:

Also, I'm mainly worried about the risk of converting the last Mafioso by mistake because with Nayana the Doctor dead, it's unlikely the Defender and Ninja are going to survive to the end of this game...but if the Mafioso is converted, he/she definitely will (especially since we all can see who the QA and GR targets are ;P), making it a Mafia win.

3) Frozen -

4) Slick - voting for Frozen

6) Yoruichi-san - voting for Sinistral

7) Mekal -

10) Cherry Lane - Voting for Mekal

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

Just deleted the annoying Y-S vote strikethrough. ^_^

Edited by Frost

About 4 more hours until day ends...where is Mekal?

If he doesn't get on soon I'll have to kill him for inactivity.

Funny thing is that Taliesin was active in the Lost Mafia thread... isnt that who Mekal replaced?

U know... if the Inspector has the name of a LIVING Mafioso, AND the name of a LIVING QA... It may be a good time to out urself. We can take out the Mafioso in the lynching. It's possibly the last mafioso, so there's no super kill move tonight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm thinking that the Inspector should not come out unless s/he has at least TWO living identities.

Edit: 1300 posts! :lol: 13 more to go before it looks like 13 13= B B hehe

Edited by Brandonb