BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Mekal permanently replace Taliesin? Or is Taliesin back in the game?

Taliesin is Mekal now, Taliesin is no longer playing Mafia V...

I looked in the rules and it doesn't say anything about special conditions for one QA, so he/she may be able to kill every night. Some clarification on that would be good. If all three are able to kill tonight, then forget my previous preference, any one of them would be good to take down.

And for the penguin, while we wouldn't be able to lynch the baddie, the very capable Ninja could still finish the job. Though Penguin, if you're alive, please choose an innocent. ;)

Edited by dawh

Taliesin is Mekal now, Taliesin is no longer playing Mafia V...

I looked in the rules and it doesn't say anything about special conditions for one QA, so he/she may be able to kill every night. Some clarification on that would be good. If all three are able to kill tonight, then forget my previous preference, any one of them would be good to take down.

And for the penguin, while we wouldn't be able to lynch the baddie, the very capable Ninja could still finish the job. Though Penguin, if you're alive, please choose an innocent. ;)

It just occurred to me that if GC was QA, then my statement about the Penguin being alive is silly since every innocent is still alive at this point! That's unprecedented here on Brainden! B)):P

As for how the Penguin works, I must leave that to a higher authority since we've never seen the effects in action.

It just occurred to me that if GC was QA, then my statement about the Penguin being alive is silly since every innocent is still alive at this point! That's unprecedented here on Brainden! B)):P

The Spy and Doctor were dead last I checked. Though they didn't die of Mafioso-related causes if that's what you mean.

Okay so here's another penguinism question... would their role be revealed if they are lynched? Obviously their penguinism would be, but what about the original role?

The Penguin doesn't get lynched. No role at all is revealed (though you would still know :P )

I think the question was about the newly-converted penguin. So if either are voted to be lynched, and the lynch fails, do we know whether we've lynched the original penguin or the convert? And do we learn the role of the convert? I believe the answer to both is no.

I think the question was about the newly-converted penguin. So if either are voted to be lynched, and the lynch fails, do we know whether we've lynched the original penguin or the convert? And do we learn the role of the convert? I believe the answer to both is no.

Yeah I think you're right, I'm pretty sure the answer to both is no.

As for the "last remaining QA" question. I'm pretty sure the rules in Mafia IV were that the last QA was reduced to an every-other night killing, opposite the GR killings, though I could be wrong. I dunno what the rules are now for that situation.

The Spy and Doctor were dead last I checked. Though they didn't die of Mafioso-related causes if that's what you mean.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I was thinking purely of night kills and lynches, and forgot about the random events that occurred. I would say that no unknown innocents have died though. :P In any case, we still outnumber the baddies by a significant margin, so if we make smart voting choices, we shouldn't have too much trouble finishing them off.

Also, reading the rules, I agree that not revealing the role makes sense regarding the Penguin. The host god Frost intervenes for their chosen favorite and that's that.

I think its time to start the vote

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - DEAD - [spy]

2) Brandonb - Voting for Taliesin

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Taliesin -

8) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Ninja

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) Dnae -

12) Nayana - DEAD - [Doctor]

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd - Voting for Dnae

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty -

17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]

18) Tolecnal -

19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]

20) Sinistral -

Edited by pw0nzd

Ok, LIS is replacing dnae, he should hopefully be on soon.

BB: It is Mekal now, I canged it for you. :D

2) Brandonb - Voting for Mekal

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Mekal -

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) LIS -

13) Dawh -

14) pw0nzd - voting for LIS

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

You guys had a few questions:

- No, one QA out of two is NOT a majority, but one out of one is

- If there is only one QA left, they kill EVERY night

- If somone is saved by the Doc/Healer(they were attacked as well), it is written in, as with Y-S on the second night(not like it mattered then)

- As for the penguin, the person they choose is invincible in lynchings for the rest of the game(I wondered myself about a baddie being chosen before this game started)

- Also, no role is revealed for the Penguin or the convert, as they do not get lynched, though you will know that they escaped lynching, so it was one or the other

That should clear things up. ^_^

Any more questions? B))

Edited by Frost

Oh btw guys, you don't have much time left, only 8.5 hours until day ends. So get voting!

That reminds me...I need o get writing the day post. ^_^

Edited by Frost

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Mekal -

9) CrazyPainter -

10) Cherry Lane -

11) LIS -

13) Dawh - voting for LIS

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

I feel bad voting for LIS, as he has just joined us, but I really feel that Dnae's attitude of "If I were a QA, this is what I would do" needs to be explained. As such, my vote is to try to elicit an explanation from LIS regarding that subject. If someone presents some compelling evidence for another candidate to lynch, I'll gladly change my vote and give LIS the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Mekal -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for changed mind...hold on

10) Cherry Lane -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

Edited by crazypainter

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Mekal -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Voting for Mekal

10) Cherry Lane -

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

I'm eager to hear some defenses. Right now my vote is for Mekal.

3) Frozen -

4) Slick -

5) TwoaDay -

6) Yoruichi-san -

7) Mekal -

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Voting for Mekal

10) Cherry Lane - - Voting for Mekal

11) LIS -

16) Dusty -

18) Tolecnal -

20) Sinistral -

Welcome back pal or are you a baddie?
Thanks - I only just got my role so working out wtf - i'm due for another offing !

you can never be too sure... <_< JK but I don't think that we should trust you right away... :mellow:
okay - but why not trust the role of dnae, he was ontrack - for getting baddies and you all put it down to what ????

Whats the update pls .....

Who is good/bad which roles are certain

So far have Ys, BG and 2/d down for roles - we seem to agree all goodies

We have zilch on tolecnal (serieus dyslexic), zilch on CP and Sinistral. BB is meant to be one of us according to unreality - think I have him pegged

Catch up on the others soon - I'll be back (uses austrian accent)

btw - forgot to vote - will look at mekal

Anyone think mekal fishy - I dont want to save myself by bandwaggoning - but will do if it is a decider, IS MEKAL GIVING OUT CLUES?

bck in cpl of hrs - btw, not a good idea to kill me if in doubt choose mekal - hope that's right

WHAT do you say Mekal ???

cant see us loosing this, shld be quicker than expected.

Thanks - I only just got my role so working out wtf - i'm due for another offing !

okay - but why not trust the role of dnae, he was ontrack - for getting baddies and you all put it down to what ????

Whats the update pls .....

Who is good/bad which roles are certain

So far have Ys, BG and 2/d down for roles - we seem to agree all goodies

We have zilch on tolecnal (serieus dyslexic), zilch on CP and Sinistral. BB is meant to be one of us according to unreality - think I have him pegged

Catch up on the others soon - I'll be back (uses austrian accent)

btw - forgot to vote - will look at mekal

Anyone think mekal fishy - I dont want to save myself by bandwaggoning - but will do if it is a decider, IS MEKAL GIVING OUT CLUES?

bck in cpl of hrs - btw, not a good idea to kill me if in doubt choose mekal - hope that's right

WHAT do you say Mekal ???

cant see us loosing this, shld be quicker than expected.

Don't worry LIS, there's still plenty of time for the vote to change, it often does suddenly, but I'm waiting to hear from Mekal before changing my vote.

BTW, Unreality spied on CP and says she is innocent. Dusty is also strongly believed to be innocent.

I can think of plenty of reasons why not to trust the role of Dnae, but I feel bad for you having to replace him and get voted for so early, so I will wait to hear from Mekal and others before placing my vote.

Edited: nevermind the time question, just saw Frost's post

Edited by Sinistral