BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

i'm not going to play mafia ever again lolz. you have a very pushy attitude and i really just don't like it (at least in mafia). i don't care about losing, i was actually going to leave the game and hand my role over to someone else earlier today because something came up in my life i have to deal with soon so getting out of the game is actually fine with me. i just want nothing more to do with you or mafia.

then that's one more thing off my chest ;D Good luck whatever you do in life, and sorry that I was pushy :P I hope we can still be BD-friends outside of Mafia

(though didn't you say you were never gonna play Mafia again after Mafia III? ;) I'm not trying to be mean, but there was no problems or arguments in Mafia IV)

Edited by unreality

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, though I don't want this to turn into a war of everyone-vs-me or everyone-vs-itachi or itachi-vs-me. Let's drop the issue

I was just saying, no hard feelings, game well played. I posted this before I saw I-sans stuff

I was just saying, no hard feelings, game well played. I posted this before I saw I-sans stuff

well now he isn't playing Mafia ever again, so we can forget all about the complaints and continue with the game :D

does this mean Y-san can use her Ninja on someone else or will that be the way in which I-san is taken out of the game? I think it should be, ie, Y-san should take down I-san tonight or it would be like a free additional NInja kill

i just was watching the olymics opening thingy, it was pretty sick

well im going to sleep now, and surfing in the morning, ill get on when i can but im not really needed till the next day

o and think about protecting me mabey, no hard felings if im killed though just remember if i live this night i can use lie detect again. c ya

well im going to sleep now, and surfing in the morning, ill get on when i can but im not really needed till the next day

o and think about protecting me mabey, no hard felings if im killed though just remember if i live this night i can use lie detect again. c ya

If the defender is expendible, so is the bomb. At least the bomb has a chance to take out whoever wants to kill them. I think other players (Y-san) need the protection more.

then that's one more thing off my chest ;D Good luck whatever you do in life, and sorry that I was pushy :P I hope we can still be BD-friends outside of Mafia

(though didn't you say you were never gonna play Mafia again after Mafia III? ;) I'm not trying to be mean, but there was no problems or arguments in Mafia IV)

two things about what we said just now:

1)you asked me to play, i still have the comment actually

2)by your attitude i meant how you tell people to do things and not ask i.e. "y-san kill itachi" i just don't like how you word things i guess. i sounds like you're pushing people around. you did the same to 2D and others. maybe it's just lost in translation though.

also, I apologize to anyone that my attitude offended including unreality. it is probably (certainly) affected by forces external to BD. have a great rest of the game, and future games.

peace everyone.

2)by your attitude i meant how you tell people to do things and not ask i.e. "y-san kill itachi" i just don't like how you word things i guess. i sounds like you're pushing people around. you did the same to 2D and others. maybe it's just lost in translation though.

also, I apologize to anyone that my attitude offended including unreality. it is probably (certainly) affected by forces external to BD. have a great rest of the game, and future games.

peace everyone.

I hate to say it, but I kinda agree, but I don't think it's a reason to quit. He was just a little bossy, no biggie. People don't always know what they're doing that could annoy someone unless someone tells them (in a nice way preferably). I hope everything works out for you, I-san. b

Edit: it's kinda funny, but I keep accidentally ending posts with "b", which my real name is Brianna, and my last name also starts with a b. Posts to or about Brandonb, shown as Bb always throw me!

Edited by dusty_b109

oh Frost yeah! That thing where they stuck the pillars up was amazing!

good points, but Dusty raised good points too. Still, you're a confirmed innocent AND a lie detector, both of which we need ;D

I know I did... I was hoping we wouldn't get into a fight again :P hehe, I was wrong

I see what you mean, and this was actually my strategy for this game. I've never been like tihs as the host, I'm not like this on the rest of BD, and I'm certainly not like this in real life. Being pushy and aggressive and a "bully" was my specific strategy for this game, like a gung-ho attitude. I tried it out first on Twoaday and it worked and helped the Innocents. I hope nobody thinks this is my real personality cuz it's not by far!!!! :o

also, I apologize to anyone that my attitude offended including unreality.

no apology needed :P I think you and Mafia don't go together too well, and you made a good decision to step out IMHO. I hope that (for the third time) we have no hard feelings :D

it is probably (certainly) affected by forces external to BD. have a great rest of the game, and future games.

peace everyone.

sucks about the external forces :( And we will. And peace to you too

w/e this game was tainted/fixed from the get-go and i played along just to make everyone happy. i'll gladly join PG in the sign-up thread. i don't consider this to be an Innocent win. It was an Innocent FIX -itachi being serious and disappointed once again in mafia

I-san, I assure you, everything that made me suspect you had nothing to do with the FIX. I haven't been ignoring your posts- quite the contrary, I've gone through your posts very carefully, and that is why you're going down to my sword (or numchucks) tonight :P. There were a lot of things that made me suspect you, but there was this major theme of you justifying what you did by pretending to be dumber than you actually were XP...anyways, the only thing that might have helped me unfairly was knowing for a fact that UR was indeed an Innocent (confirmed by Frost), which let me ask him how sure he was I was the Ninja...but at that point, you were already on top of my hit list, I just wanted confirmation.

I agree the Spy should be balanced w/ a Spy Wipe-out the next game, but the fact that you're my Ninja target was not FIXed, it is due to my own logical reasoning skills. UR, the Uber-spy was actually defending you and telling me to kill Slick...stubbornly sticking with my choice to kill you was *all me* ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Well, as most of you have probably realized, the main reason I want protection in case the Defender dies is:

THE GR WINS IF HE/SHE KILLS ME!!!

I'll happily die valiantly as the Ninja (having taken down the biggest fish of them all, to borrow a phrase from da bomb ;P) as soon as the GR dies...

And UR, thanks for the advice and finally support, but I don't need your permission to go after my fish :P I am Mathgirl, after all...;P

Oh, and UR, please let I-san play Mafia VI if he wants to...mentally sparring with him has been so much fun for me ;P.

P.S. Oh, and Dawh, *now* do you see why I thought the Aurora was wasted? I, as the Ninja, wouldn't have died even without the Healer, and at that point I already had high suspicions of I-san as a baddie...so when I read the post, I was like "Haha...saved someone who didn't need saving on 2 levels and a baddie...;P)

P.S. Oh, and Dawh, *now* do you see why I thought the Aurora was wasted? I, as the Ninja, wouldn't have died even without the Healer, and at that point I already had high suspicions of I-san as a baddie...so when I read the post, I was like "Haha...saved someone who didn't need saving on 2 levels and a baddie...;P)

yeah, it was a bad idea IN RETROSPECT. Not so from beforehand

1) nobody knew the GR would go after the Ninja (it was like a repeat of Mafia IV... doc/healer meet on first night and GR goes after Ninja on 2nd night but it stopped somehow) ;D

2) nobody knew I-san would be targeted, or that he was a baddie, or that a baddie in general was targeted

I'm still curious of I-san is Mafia and the Mafia were banking on the Shaman using the Aurora, or if he's a QA (I think we can safely say he's not the GR, but I could be wrong). My bet is that Itachi is a QA

Edited by unreality

well, Y-San definitely needs help tonight if the defender dies b/c the Quarkies are going after her. One Quarky didn't act last night, the idea was for one to go after Y-S, while the other sat back and did nothing, to avoid confusion. And then hopefully they would both choose Y-s and meet up tonight. (I'm know b/c that was my plan a the beginning of Maf IV) I'm thinking that it could be Itachi who didn't act last night, we'll see I guess.

Ok, I have to edit in killing off Nayana because of inactiveness(sorry :() into the day post, then I'll post it. That sucks about Itachi not playing though.

No more posts please until day post. :D

Edited by Frost

Links:

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D

Mafia V Intro

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising addendum

Day 1 - The Really Ominous Frozen Lake

Night 2 - Oh $#!T!

A tiny snowball blew across the empty, snow-covered street of Pengville, increasing in size as it rolled. Where was everyone? It was day, so there was supposed to be a lynching. Right?

Sacrificial Snowboarding

Atop the great mountain of Snowpeak, where just hours ago the Shaman had saved the entire town, the people gathered. They realized that no one had died last night, but they knew one of the baddies, and they weren’t going to just sit around and do nothing.

“She has to be a baddie!” determined TwoaDay.

“We have to kill her!” yelled unreality.

Puzzlegirl, who they had previously determined to be lying about being innocent, was tied to a snowboard, which was teetering on the edge of the peak of Snowpeak. She was oddly relaxed, even for the certain death which was sure to come.

“But you can’t kill me,” puzzlegirl said cooly, “I’m a masked lover. Kill me, and one of you goes down with me.”

“Yeah right, she’s bluffing,” figured unreality.

“Let’s discuss this more guys, the ninja can take care of PG tonight to be safe,” dawh pointed out, “anyone else we can kill off?“

There was no need to discuss. Puzzlegirl was the final decision of the mob of Pengvillians, even before the day had started.

“Time to shove off,” said unreality, preparing to push puzzlegirl off the steep cliff.

The crowd looked around nervously, wondering who was the other masked lover, and if they would go off the cliff after PG.

But they didn’t have to worry. Unreality had been right, she wasn’t a masked lover.

As unreality shoved PG off the cliff, she screamed “Quarky shall prevail again!!!”

But she got her revenge at that moment. One of the ropes was caught around Nayana’s leg. As the snowboard went down, Nayana fell with it, leading to the same fate as PG. This was terrible news for the innocents, she was a key innocent, the Doctor.

The snowboard shot down the ice, swerving and spinning with the dizzy QA on top of it. It hit a snowbank, rocketing high into the sky, over the forest of trees below. She crashed through the trees and the underbrush, flying down the mountain at an even faster rate. If she wasn’t dead already, the Yetis far below would capture her and make soup in their mansions. :D

City in the Sky

“He said what?!?” exclaimed the shocked Frost.

The messenger mumbled something in Frost’s ear, then handed him his morning newspaper.

“Damn, why does unreality have to be so determined?” Frost pondered.

Frost walked over to the glass case next to the door. He opened it and inside at the object inside. Frost reached in and pulled out the artifact.

The great Penguin Pistol© glinted in the sunlight streaming through the window.

“Well, what unreality wants, unreality gets,” muttered Frost as he loaded the weapon.

He walked out to the balcony, looking down at the town of Pengville below, with Snowpeak just off to the left. Frost glanced over at the towering mountain, trying to pinpoint his target. He quickly AIMed, and after unreality made his last response, Frost aimed the gun and fired in the direction of the peak.

After a few minutes of waiting and some finger tapping, unreality floated up into the heavens from the peak below.

“What took you so long?” said Frost, glancing up from his newspaper.

“Those annoying North Winds, they slowed me down,” answered unreality.

“Well, now that you’re dead, you can relax.” commented Frost.

“Yeah, it got crazy down there. I was just trying to help as Spy,” unreality responded.

“And look where it got you,” said Frost, laughing.

After a pause, unreality asked, “so who has what role?”.

“Let me start from the beginning…”

The two of them walked inside the great mansion, probably going to watch a good movie. Later they might check in far below to see what had occurred in the town of Pengville during the night.

Ok people, it’s night #3! I’ll be sending night PMs soon.

yeah, it was a bad idea IN RETROSPECT. Not so from beforehand

1) nobody knew the GR would go after the Ninja (it was like a repeat of Mafia IV... doc/healer meet on first night and GR goes after Ninja on 2nd night but it stopped somehow) ;D

2) nobody knew I-san would be targeted, or that he was a baddie, or that a baddie in general was targeted

I'm still curious of I-san is Mafia and the Mafia were banking on the Shaman using the Aurora, or if he's a QA (I think we can safely say he's not the GR, but I could be wrong). My bet is that Itachi is a QA

Well, yeah, it was highly likely the QA's would target me, and I guess no one knew for sure I was the Ninja at that point...but I did think the baddies would off each other (and they did, or tried to :P)

But actually, I was referring to the response to my comment after the day post...;P

Anyways, I don't really care...hehe...I'm just happy about not listening to you about my Ninja kill...:P

Yeah, I like the idea of I-san banking on the Aurora (during my perusal of his posts I noticed he was very enthusiastic that the Shaman should use it), but I think it is more likely he is the MoD, for the reasons I've provided before...but do we get to know the identity from a Ninja kill?

And I don't think he could of been the GR - he wouldn't have gone after me (the Ninja), he's too experienced...

Edit: Aah, I did it again, sorry Frost...didn't see your post...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I'm not dead?!? (leaning over and checking over all body parts). No, I'm not dead!!!! Ha, I don't love you PG. Take that!

Hmmm...Who do I love besides my boyfriend. we shall someday find out, and hopefully I'm alive to see it!

So, as I put my @$$ on the line, in a valiant effort to protect the ninja, umm...healer, illusionist? some help here? :huh:

haha was I right or was I right

Yeah...that's the way I feel as well...just about something else...:P

And it's good that PG was bluffing, cuz the GR would have won otherwise, since the Healer chose me last night and with the Doctor dead, no protection for Ninja-san! :(

*Whew*