BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Right back atcha! Yoruichi, you are my new best friend!! ...but sometimes friends can be mean that's why I have a boyfriend to protect me.

see BOYFRIENDS thread if you don't get the joke. :)

Hahahahahahaha...I was actually taking a bite of food and when I read this I almost choked...:P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreality

Brandonb

Frozen

Slick

Twoaday -UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

Y-san - UR stays, but it's *actually* PG using her secret Chameleon power...and PG gets the "Peter Petrelli" Power where she gets the abilities of anyone talks about her in their posts...;P

mekal-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

itachi -let the Host decide

cp

CL-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

dnae

nayana

dawh

pw0nzd -let the Host decide

GC

dusty

PG - UR dies along with me at the lynching and as our souls ascend to heaven they collide, mid-air, and fall back to earth into each other's body...resurrecting us in a "Freaky Friday" sort of way. Then, PG, as the all-knowing Uber-Spy PWNS THE GAME!!!!

tolecnal-UR stays-make role less powerful for the rest of M-V

rene

sinistral

wow, I thought mafia was dead there. I personally think we should wait for frost to have more time to run the game. It seems that all this arguing is the result of the night post taking too long.

Wow....ummmm...hmmmm. Ok, that's a lot of stuff, I have to think hard about the unreality deal, I'll get back to you guys in a sec about that. While I'm thinking, you guys enjoy the epic night post:

Links:

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D

Mafia V Intro

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising addendum

The Really Ominous Frozen Lake

The tattered remains of tomorrow’s newspaper drifted lazily in the wind. As the issue of The Onion blew past, one could see the headline:

“Massive Meteor Hits Pengville, 3 Dead, 2 Injured, Many Annoyed”

Then it flew off, to wherever the wind took it. What had become of Pengville in the night?

OH $#!T!

The storm clouds were looming over Pengville. The small town was about to experience a dark night.

The mafioso grumbled to him/herself. “How did they figure out that rene83 was a Mafioso?” he/she thought to him/herself. “Oh well, I’ll just have to make the most of it.”

The solitary Mafioso walked up to Itachi’s house, twirling a knife in his/her hands. As he/she arrived at the door, a gust of wind blew the door open.

“Hel-hello?” the Mafioso said shakily, staring into the dark house. He/she walked inside, the door slamming behind him/her. He/she climbed up the creaky steps, to the top floor of the creepy building. At the top of the stairs, he/she noticed the figure in the bed, right next to a large window. He/she lunged at the figure, drawing the knife, only to be grabbed from behind by Itachi.

“It’s good to see you again,” said Itachi, “I’ve been waiting for you.”

Across Town

The QA snuck up the pathway leading to Yoruichi-san’s house. “Hopefully another QA will meet up with me here,” they thought. As he/she crept along, a glint of light in the grass caught the QA’s eye. Picking it up, the QA recognized the official seal of Quarky. “Another QA was here, but it doesn’t look like they stayed for long,” the QA mumbled. “Just great.”

Meanwhile, another QA approached TwoaDay’s house, hoping the same thing. Without another QA, he/she had no chance of taking out TwoaDay. As everyone else did, the QA thought TwoaDay was the Bomb, and didn’t want to risk an attack against the Bomb without help. The disappointed QA headed home, “maybe another night,” he/she thought.

Itachi wrestled the mafioso to the ground, trying to remove the knife from his/her hands.

“You think you can kill me?” questioned Itachi. “Not a chance.”

The two people struggled to overpower the other, in an epic fight to the death. Itachi managed to knock the knife away from the mafioso, who jumped up. They both started to circle each the other, the knife out of reach. They threw punches left and right, but unfortunately for the mafioso, Itachi was slightly better at hand-to-hand combat. He charged him/her, causing the two to crash through the window. They fought as they fell through the air, smashing into a car below when they landed.

The solitary QA was still at Yoruichi-san’s house. He/she looked around nervously, realizing how cold it was. Noticing an open window in the house, he/she ran up and climbed inside. “Maybe I can kill Yoruichi-san myself after all,” he/she thought. He/she quietly walked through the house, looking for the bedroom, where he/she expected Yoruichi-san to be.

The QA climbed the spiral staircase of the foyer, approaching the master bedroom. As he/she walked down the corridor leading to it, he/she thought she heard a deep, raspy voice say “At last,” from the bedroom. The QA opened the door and slipped into the room. Standing by the giant bed was a dark cloaked figure, preparing to strike with a large scythe.

“Hey! This is my kill!” the QA whispered, only to be knocked out by a quickly opened closet door. From behind the door jumped Youruichi-san, straight towards the Grim Reaper. Surprising the GR, she knocked him/her down, making him/her release his/her scythe. After the initial shock, the GR regained his/her composure, and grasped Yoruichi-san by the throat. The GR held her in the air, picking up his/her scythe, ready for the final strike.

Outside, the Healer approached the house, wondering whether their abilities would be necessary tonight.

Itachi and the mafioso were both knocked out, and were just starting to wake up. Itachi was awake first. He pulled out a hidden knife from his shoe, and held down the still groggy mafioso. The mafioso glared back at him, angry at this unexpected turn of events.

“Why so serious?” Itachi said, laughing.

Snowpeak

The Shaman, dressed in white, was exhausted from the hike up Snowpeak mountain. He/she thankfully hadn’t encountered any Yetis, maybe they were home making soup.

“So it must be,” the Shaman muttered, raising his/her arms forcefully.

Itachi glanced up. The dark clouds were parting in the sky.

The dazed QA, just getting up, noticed the bright lights as they started to dazzle the sky. The GR stood stunned, staring at the beautiful lights in the night sky. He/she dropped Yoruici-san, and headed outside, as did the QA. The Healer noticed the lights as well, apparently his/her abilities weren’t necessary tonight.

Both Itachi and the mafioso got up, staring at the waves of light above.

But something was out of place. One of the lights was brighter than the others, and it was growing bigger every second.

Then they realized. A meteor was headed for Pengville. Everyone ran off to their homes to hunker down, the GR, the mafioso, the QA, and all others outside at the time.

As the meteor got closer, it became a large fireball streaking through the sky.

The Shaman stared up at the meteor, which was approaching fast, and would hit Pengville within minutes.

“Not tonight,” he/she said. The Shaman summoned all of his/her power, circling the meteor in light. It started to shake, and then it rumbled, and quickly exploded into millions of tiny bits, which burned up in the atmosphere.

“Everyone is safe now,” said the Shaman, who headed back down to the small town of Pengville. So the Shaman had saved everyone for a night, but could they survive tomorrow?

Good Grief! That totally blows!

Great story though, Frost...I was biting my nails!

EDIT: Anyone who doesn't vote to lynch me today gets delicious gooey brownies overnighted to their home!

Edited by puzzlegirl

Ok, I'll just post my thoughts:

1. I definitely don't want unreality out of the game. While he is a good player, I don't think he should be killed just for those aforementioned reasons.

2. If we continue this game, then I think that unreality's power should simply be reduced to every other day.

3. In my opinion, I think we should restart this game. It would start up on the tenth(when it was supposed to), with the same players(including taliesin, if he still wants to, otherwise Mekal). I would send new, RANDOM(I'll use a random number generator, to be fair) roles then, and the game would start up soon after. The benefit is, I would be around much more often, everyone will be here, no annoying stuff like we have now. Unfortunately I'll have to come up with new stories, but I'll manage. This appears to be the best working option, we can continue if you guys want to though.

4.I am sorry for all the inconvenience of this game, it is unfortunate, and mostly my fault. If we start a game while I am home, none of these problems will exist, as I will be around 24/7(except when I sleep).

What do you guys think?

1. I definitely don't want unreality out of the game. While he is a good player, I don't think he should be killed just for those aforementioned reasons.

2. If we continue this game, then I think that unreality's power should simply be reduced to every other day.

3. In my opinion, I think we should restart this game. It would start up on the tenth(when it was supposed to), with the same players(including taliesin, if he still wants to, otherwise Mekal). I would send new, RANDOM(I'll use a random number generator, to be fair) roles then, and the game would start up soon after. The benefit is, I would be around much more often, everyone will be here, no annoying stuff like we have now. Unfortunately I'll have to come up with new stories, but I'll manage. This appears to be the best working option, we can continue if you guys want to though.

4.I am sorry for all the inconvenience of this game, it is unfortunate, and mostly my fault. If we start a game while I am home, none of these problems will exist, as I will be around 24/7(except when I sleep).

What do you guys think?

Well you know I'm all over that idea! :)

that was awesome Frost! That was my favorite night post ever i think. I can't believe i got to say "why so serious?" i'm so happy about that that I am going to go to bed and not even think about strategy for a while!!!

now i really want to keep playing this (especially since i lived through the night!). we can just keep it going for fun. it's a game after all - yes I was very heated, but i'm a very competitive person, like my character who was so sweetly bad@ss ;) and i always stick up for fairness. and against that rotten mafioso!

i vote for unreality to keep playing, maybe not as the spy though, but if everyone agrees to just diminish his power that's fine with me.

"Dark House?" "Creepy building"...GR anyone? ;P And "better at hand-to-hand combat" could refer to the epic ongoing battle between the Ninja and the GR. Or all the clues could be pointing to a QA...they would probably live in dark houses and have good martial arts skills...I-san already admitted he's not the Defender...

The fact that the Mafioso was alone makes me think that BB was indeed the other mafioso...(since he's gone for the time being...) or...the "why so serious" is bugging me...could I-san be the other QA and they were banking on the Shaman using Aurora...

Or the clues could all be red herrings, but it seems like most of Frost's clues have been solid so far...(no lemonade :P)

What do you guys think?

Agreed

"Dark House?" "Creepy building"...GR anyone? ;P And "better at hand-to-hand combat" could refer to the epic ongoing battle between the Ninja and the GR. Or all the clues could be pointing to a QA...they would probably live in dark houses and have good martial arts skills...I-san already admitted he's not the Defender...

The fact that the Mafioso was alone makes me think that BB was indeed the other mafioso...(since he's gone for the time being...) or...the "why so serious" is bugging me...could I-san be the other QA and they were banking on the Shaman using Aurora...

Or the clues could all be red herrings, but it seems like most of Frost's clues have been solid so far...(no lemonade :P)

jeez you really have it in for me. I am NOT a QA or the GR. Lie Detect that all you want if need be when 2D has a chance. Though I already said that I'm innocent. Whatever. I pwnd. goodnight.

Well, since Itachi liked that post so much, I'm for continuing this game with unreality's power depleted to every other day instead of every day. While a new game would be nice, it would probably be easier to continue this game, as the stories have been pretty good, and I doubt that I could top that last one. :D

It's up to you guys:

-start a new game in a few days

or

-finish this one but have unreality be less powerful

Either one works for me.

We won't be killing him off, he's just too awesome for that. B))

Oh, BTW, sorry about the wait for the night post, I was almost done but then I had to leave and get dinner, which took forever. And it took me a while to write, but I thought it was worth it. ^_^

I'll see what you guys have said by tomorrow, then we'll decide.

Edited by Frost

jeez you really have it in for me. I am NOT a QA or the GR. Lie Detect that all you want if need be when 2D has a chance. Though I already said that I'm innocent. Whatever. I pwnd. goodnight.

Lol...no, I'm just trying to sort out the clues...I have nothing against you...and after reading your other post I guess you may be the Icon (trying to look cool and all...;P)

And I, too, would like to keep playing for fun...but let's hear what everyone else has to say...

I'm off to bed, I'll check back tomorrow morning, see what you guys have said about the game. Right now I'm actually leaning towards continuing, this has been pretty good so far, and the super spyness hasn't really messed much up yet, it only will if it's still as powerful. If we continue, the voting will probably start tomorrow, and I'll send out PMs to those of you with stuff to do. So see you tomorrow, hopefully this works out well. B))

Good Grief! That totally blows!

Great story though, Frost...I was biting my nails!

EDIT: Anyone who doesn't vote to lynch me today gets delicious gooey brownies overnighted to their home!

Ooo, ooo...I vote not to lynch PG today! :D

(But that doesn't mean the Ninja's not going to go after her...;P)

ohh... epic story telling... i was on the edge of my seat.

oh, and for the QA that tryed to kill the bomb... real smart.

also, did anyone else notice the randomness of the news paper being called the onion? it might just be me but i think that its a clue... maybe CP, the first time i saw her picture i thought it was an onion. im probably wrong but thats just to throw that out there...

Oh, and I was so busy being amused at the party at my house last night that I forgot to thank the Healer, whoever you are...:)

So I've been visited by 2 out of 3 QA's...it would be so funny if tomorrow if the next night post said something like "Walking up to Y-san's house, the last QA saw two other Quarky badges lying in the grass..." :P

Oh, and Mekal, the Onion is an actual newspaper that prints funny stories...you can google it ;P

Ok I haven't completely caught up yet, in fact I still haven't even seen the night post (I may be speaking from the dead so please forgive me if I am). Good news, and just my thoughts...

Good news- obviously, I have an internet connection here at the beach, yay!

My thoughts... There have been many accusations that Unreality is the new "invincible inspector" like KOP was. FIRST, I brought this up when we were working on the role, no one else cared... you know why? B/C it's not true. Unreality is 1/3 the strength of what KOP was... has anyone else even thought of that? Sure it's kinda lame that Unreality got to pick his role, but seriously, there's no reason to eliminate the role, let alone reduce it for this game, just out of spite.

Ok, I'll write more when I get caught up :P

Unreality

Brandonb

Frozen

Slick

Y-san - UR stays, but it's *actually* PG using her secret Chameleon power...and PG gets the "Peter Petrelli" Power where she gets the abilities of anyone talks about her in their posts...;P

cp -let the Host decide Just saw Trial at Nurenburg...and Michael Clayton.....good for mafia!

dnae

nayana

dawh

GC

dusty

PG - UR dies along with me at the lynching and as our souls ascend to heaven they collide, mid-air, and fall back to earth into each other's body...resurrecting us in a "Freaky Friday" sort of way. Then, PG, as the all-knowing Uber-Spy PWNS THE GAME!!!!

rene

sinistral

ohh... epic story telling... i was on the edge of my seat.

did anyone else notice the randomness of the news paper being called the onion? it might just be me but i think that its a clue...

"The Onion" is a real-life popular fake news source. Check it out (TheOnion.com maybe?). It's just a better version of the enquirer I guess... :P Not really any clue there.

Unreality

Brandonb - UR stays just the way he is. He's 1/3 the power of the Inspector, so we all realize that the grounds of calling him "too powerful" is pretty unfounded, but we still get to continue to whine that he got to choose his role.

Frozen

Slick

cp -let the Host decide Just saw Trial at Nurenburg...and Michael Clayton.....good for mafia!

dnae

nayana

dawh

GC

dusty

rene

sinistral