BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

I had suspicions on CL at the beginning, but she did defend herself (and showed me I need to read more before posting my own accusations :blush: ), and she was actually on the Rene bandwagon before Unreality (post 317), and since Rene had only been a suspicion, but not on the list before that, I doubt CL is a mafiosa. Doesn't mean that she's not a QA or the GR, but I really don't think she's mafia.

yeah you're probably right about CL

also, I really haven't seen anything to convince me of Yoruishi's baddiness(? is that a word...no? well it is now!) What makes you suspicious of her, Unreality?

hang on, I gotta compile my thoughts

Edit: hehe, I just noticed I'm no longer a Jr. Member, but I am now advanced! Sweet. Do I get cookies or something?

yes you do :P *hands dusty a cookie*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... just thinking

1) I think puzzle girl is a mafioso or the GR, not a QA, because she wouldn't have said i can still make a difference tonight, she wouldn't be sure if she would meet up with other QA's, unless she is using that message as a signal to meet other QA's.

2)the aroura should defenately be used tonight, if not, the doctor or healer should save 2aday

3)i think we should look more clearly at the 1st night post, mabey there will be more clues.

hmmm... just thinking

1) I think puzzle girl is a mafioso or the GR, not a QA, because she wouldn't have said i can still make a difference tonight, she wouldn't be sure if she would meet up with other QA's, unless she is using that message as a signal to meet other QA's.

2)the aroura should defenately be used tonight, if not, the doctor or healer should save 2aday

3)i think we should look more clearly at the 1st night post, mabey there will be more clues.

y save 2aday? he's the bomb, they're not gonna try to take him out! save me!

not to be attention-grabbing, but I think priority #1 should be save me! :P

It's a little too late now, because everything's already PMed. But the healer and doctor should coordinate, i.e. Healer save Unreality, Doctor save GC (example, cuz he's dead), and then they won't be doubling up, leaving other innocents out there to fend for themselves. That also gives the illusionist an idea of who they might want to protect.

y save 2aday? he's the bomb, they're not gonna try to take him out! save me!

not to be attention-grabbing, but I think priority #1 should be save me! :P

Isn't it a bit late to be asking for saving - the night is over. We just don't know what happened yet.

Well, I was sure that Frost would be back by now, and I'm pretty much out of time I gotta leave for a few days. It's shouldn't effect the game play too much b/c my vote is for PG. Just in case there is a "no contest" plea, and the game gets sped up... and I'm not back for the following day, then my vote should be counted in-line with Unreality's (for that lynch ONLY. I'll surely be back before the following night is through). Have fun all, and don't forget to Spy me Unreality, I rather not die while I am gone :P . Good Luck Innocents! :lol:

Edited by Brandonb

Well, I was sure that Frost would be back by now, and I'm pretty much out of time I gotta leave for a few days. It's shouldn't effect the game play too much b/c my vote is for PG. Just in case there is a "no contest" plea, and the game gets sped up... and I'm not back for the following day, then my vote should be counted in-line with Unreality's (for that lynch ONLY. I'll surely be back before the following night is through). Have fun all, and don't forget to Spy me Unreality, I rather not die while I am gone :P . Good Luck Innocents! :lol:

this whole Brandonb | unreality connection makes no sense to me. Now you two are getting a pass next lynch too if everyone just votes PG down the board. I think (depending on who is alive after tonight) that the true innocents should really think about these 2. This implicit trust in each other has no reasonable excuse and you two have been buddy buddy since the get-go. Frankly, I can't make sense out of it, but it's the most suspicious thing I've seen yet aside from actual baddies.

There is a slight possibility you 2 are the remaining mafia and sold rene out. Unreality would have known 2D's character as the Bomb,used that to convince us he's the Spy and hoped GC was Spy or that the Spy wouldn't come out (this is all so unlikely I find it hard to believe, but I just can't decipher it). Now unreality used 2D to confirm a probable baddie (PG as a QA or GR then). And now the 2 of them are going to slide right through this lynch assuming everyone just immediately votes to kill the obvious target... this is waaaay too convenient for me. But, like I said there is something missing and I just can't put my finger on it.

I just want this thought to be known by everyone in case I get offed and the Shaman was GC or is not going to use their power.

edit: i'd like to add that unreality instantly dismissed my claim that the alarm around Bb's house could be a clue about the word 'bank' --bankroller. That's the first thing I thought of when I read that and he couldn't even bring himself to accept that as a possibility until later in the conversation when he probably reasoned that he had to agree that it could make sense. very suspicious

edit 2: and Bb was the first to pounce on 2D when no one but the Mafia could have known he was the Bomb. I think he is the Bomb and perhaps Bb and unreality later decided they could use the Bomb for their benefit (at least for a little while). The bottom line is that they're both acting very suspicious.

this whole Brandonb | unreality connection makes no sense to me. Now you two are getting a pass next lynch too if everyone just votes PG down the board. I think (depending on who is alive after tonight) that the true innocents should really think about these 2. This implicit trust in each other has no reasonable excuse and you two have been buddy buddy since the get-go. Frankly, I can't make sense out of it, but it's the most suspicious thing I've seen yet aside from actual baddies.

I would agree.... except for the fact that we haven't been "buddy-buddy". Yes, I defended Bb in the 1st day, and I defended him well, cuz I thought that Rene was suspicious- and I was right, wasn't I? But I constantly said that I wasn't "buddy-buddy" with Bb, I just wanted him alive to the 2nd day, which is when I would Spy on him. And I still plan on doing this. I am not "buddy-buddy" with anyone and I do not trust anyone, except Twaoday, who I know to be the Bomb. Every time I point out this fact to you, you ignore it and then bring up the same suspicion. I know you're a smart guy- please see reason, my friend :D

There is a slight possibility you 2 are the remaining mafia and sold rene out. Unreality would have known 2D's character as the Bomb,used that to convince us he's the Spy and hoped GC was Spy or that the Spy wouldn't come out (this is all so unlikely I find it hard to believe, but I just can't decipher it). Now unreality used 2D to confirm a probable baddie (PG as a QA or GR then). And now the 2 of them are going to slide right through this lynch assuming everyone just immediately votes to kill the obvious target... this is waaaay too convenient for me. But, like I said there is something missing and I just can't put my finger on it.

lol.... yeah I would have to be banking big-time on the fact that GC was the Spy, which he was not (I am the Spy). The idea of me and Bb being the other two Mafiosos is rediculous, and you know it, but if you really think so, ask the Shaman to scry me

I just want this thought to be known by everyone in case I get offed and the Shaman was GC or is not going to use their power.

yes, having suspicions is sensible. I commend you for asking questions :D

edit: i'd like to add that unreality instantly dismissed my claim that the alarm around Bb's house could be a clue about the word 'bank' --bankroller. That's the first thing I thought of when I read that and he couldn't even bring himself to accept that as a possibility until later in the conversation when he probably reasoned that he had to agree that it could make sense. very suspicious

I dismissed it- and yes I will easily say that I dismissed it- based off of my experience (multiple experiences) as the host.

1) That might not have been a clue. I know, from being host, that 99% of things that people think are clues are not actually clues

2) Let's say it was a clue anyway... Even so, how does it mean 'Bankroller'? Whenever I gave a clue with alarms and security systems, it ALWAYS pointed to the Defender. Slick's clues from Mafia III. KOP's clues from Mafia IV. I think I did clues in Mafia II as well that were similar and pointed to the Defender

3) Let's just say that all of that is disregarded and we think Bb might be the Bankroller. Well, I'll spy on him today

But I'm telling you, a maybe-clue is nothing to go on. That's why I ignored it

edit 2: and Bb was the first to pounce on 2D when no one but the Mafia could have known he was the Bomb. I think he is the Bomb and perhaps Bb and unreality later decided they could use the Bomb for their benefit (at least for a little while). The bottom line is that they're both acting very suspicious.

Good point about the Twoaday plan. But Bb defended this very well, just trying to stir it up and get the vote started, and pointed out that the first person to be voted for isn't the first lynchee. He was just being Brandonb :P And then he changed his vote once I showed that Twoaday was the Bomb, just like everybody else did (except pw0nzd, who was gone)

I'll happily counter any suspicions people have. I am the Spy.

I'll happily counter any suspicions people have. I am the Spy.

here's my overall uneasiness then: It's you who are going to supposedly say Bb is Innocent tomorrow... that doesn't work for me.

also,

1) I don't agree that Bb made a good enough excuse for going after 2D. And I think you bought it way to easily.

2) sure rene was a baddie, that doesn't mean Bb wasn't.

3) I'm not going to ask or expect the Shaman to die in order to prove your Innocence or Guilt and you know that's not going to happen anyway. It's like the whole "i'm innocent" claim now. It basically means nothing.

4) if you're Mafia then you need to kill 2D. I noticed that you and Bb talk a lot about getting protection, but neither ever mentions 2D. if the Mafia is going to win they have to kill him sooner or later. In my opinion 2D deserves it waaay more than Bb at least. And you saying Bb is an Innocent tomorrow does not make you the Spy either. So you two are being extremely slippery.

5) Bb bought you being the Spy instantly, claiming that he would have picked that role. I wouldn't have picked that role personally, but Bb is deadset that you would have. Why? Sure you're talking to Frost in the Intro, but he added the disclaimer that you could have joined a bad faction.

I admit it's a long shot, but you 2 are smart and gamblers in this game. you 2 haven't eluded my crosshairs at all and you've both said a lot so far. unfortunately Mafia is a game of Guilty until proven Innocent. My apologies if I'm wrong, but I can just see you 2 running this town in a couple of days.

edit: typo also, #3 is implying the Shaman uses their other power tonight (hopefully)

well the spy finds out the roles so unreality might have to announce Bb's role, and thanks for defending me itachi, but a problem is the spread sheet whcich was almost the same as mine, though it could be innocent propaganda, well if unrealityies not the spy, the spy or investigator or possibly other character should prove unreality as bad

edit: im way more suspicious of Bb than unreality

Edited by TwoaDay

well the spy finds out the roles so unreality might have to announce Bb's role, and thanks for defending me itachi, but a problem is the spread sheet whcich was almost the same as mine, though it could be innocent propaganda, well if unrealityies not the spy, the spy or investigator or possibly other character should prove unreality as bad

edit: im way more suspicious of Bb than unreality

me too

and the spreadsheet also struck me as propaganda. Good call mentioning that.

5) Bb bought you being the Spy instantly, claiming that he would have picked that role.

I pegged UnR as an innocent early on, because of the timing in the Intro:

First, Zero took off from Awesomeville

A few days LATER, the trading ship with all the baddies set off from Port Unreality

When Zero arrived in Pengville with a note the baddies were coming (with language use suggesting they hadn't arrived yet, and the fact that Frost didn't know - the note was news to him - they hadn't yet arrived) Unreality and Frost were having coffee together. Therefore, UnR wasn't on the ship, and most likely isn't a baddie.

Then, he seemed tentative about 2aDay at the beginning, and then was suddenly very adamant we not lynch him. This could have been strategy, but that would be a big risk to take, given the roles he came out with. And if he was mafia, he wouldn't have attacked Rene so, and would have supported her "I'm a noob" defense.

I pegged UnR as an innocent early on, because of the timing in the Intro:

First, Zero took off from Awesomeville

A few days LATER, the trading ship with all the baddies set off from Port Unreality

When Zero arrived in Pengville with a note the baddies were coming (with language use suggesting they hadn't arrived yet, and the fact that Frost didn't know - the note was news to him - they hadn't yet arrived) Unreality and Frost were having coffee together. Therefore, UnR wasn't on the ship, and most likely isn't a baddie.

Then, he seemed tentative about 2aDay at the beginning, and then was suddenly very adamant we not lynch him. This could have been strategy, but that would be a big risk to take, given the roles he came out with. And if he was mafia, he wouldn't have attacked Rene so, and would have supported her "I'm a noob" defense.

but rene kind of dug her own grave with her comments so the Mafia may not have had a choice but to turn on her. this could have been settled with friendly pms.

Frost also mentions ur could have joined a bad group...

i just want to put this out there

nayana, dusty and sinistral

i am unsure about you three, i would like you to prove you innocence or at least say relevent things more (without giving away your role if your'e innocent) you dont have to but the more you seem to hide the more suspicious i will get, possibly drawing even more attention to you wich could be bad whether you are innocent or baddie

edit: ok dustys pretty much cleared, i was typing when he made that most recent post

Edited by TwoaDay

Where is Frost?!? I need my Mafia fix before I go horseback riding! I'm willing him to come back within a 1/2 hour, otherwise I won't know the results of the night until late tonight/early tomorrow :blink: . I am not a patient person :D