BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

OK, I know it is WAY too late to be brining up new things, but I need to pose a question - give you all something to mull over - maybe it will be applicable in tomorrow's lynch. We've been discussing what the security at Bbs house might mean - to some it means he's an innocent, to others it says baddie. But what about Y-san? At her house the QA was scared away by loud noises. We can learn a few things from this. First, what about the QA makes him/her such a scaredy-cat? And, possibly more importantly, what was Y-san doing to cause the loud noises? I haven't been able to put a role with this one yet. Any ideas, folks?

edit: typo

Edited by Cherry Lane

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few ideas that Itachi is Defender and Y-san is the Ninja, but it was just based off of one of I-san's posts, so it's probably not true

How would that fit with the noises? Practicing ninja stuff? I fell like there's gotta be something better.

OK, I know it is WAY too late to be brining up new things, but I need to pose a question - give you all something to mull over - maybe it will be applicable in tomorrow's lynch. We've been discussing what the security at Bbs house might mean - to some it means he's an innocent, to others it says baddie. But what about Y-san? At her house the QA was scared away by loud noises. We can learn a few things from this. First, what about the QA makes him/her such a scaredy-cat? And, possibly more importantly, what was Y-san doing to cause the loud noises? I haven't been able to put a role with this one yet. Any ideas, folks?

edit: typo

Maybe Y-san could also stand for Yeti-san. :lol:

How would that fit with the noises? Practicing ninja stuff? I fell like there's gotta be something better.

oh I don't know about the noises. As the host, I know that 99% of what people think are clues aren't actually clues, or if they are clues, they mean something completely different. Clues are not reliable to base a lynching off of- as a host this made me very angry. Like the PG incident- I was just showing that Awesomeville was an awesome place, and people overreacted. Clues became a huge deal. That's one of the reasons I didn't want Bb lynched on the basis of a clue- cuz I know personally how unreliable clues are

anyway, this is what would seem to be the final roster...

Host: Frost

1) Unreality - voting for Rene83

2) Brandonb - voting for Rene83

3) Frozen - voting for Rene83

4) Slick - voting for Taliesin

5) TwoaDay - voting for Rene83

6) Yoruichi-san - voting for dawh

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi - voting for Brandonb

9) CrazyPainter - voting for Brandonb

10) Cherry Lane - voting for Brandonb

11) Dnae - voting for Brandonb

12) Nayana - voting for Taliesin

13) Dawh - voting for Rene83

14) pw0nzd - not voting

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty - voting for Rene83

17) Puzzlegirl - not voting

18) Tolecnal - voting for Rene83

19) Rene83 - voting for Brandonb

20) Sinistral - not voting

when is Frost getting on?

I'm going to bed *soon*, so my final parting words are:

1) I hope Rene is a baddie, she sure made herself seem like one. By being all suspicious and not giving a defense, if she turns out to be Innocent (ie, pulling a Ben Law) I'll be mad. That's not a good way to help the Innocents!

2) Good luck to everyone tonight (except the baddies, hopefully you guys kill each other off ;D)

3) doc/healer, hopefully one of you will give me protection. Don't worry, it's no scam, there's no Assassin in this game (and I'm the Spy anyway :D)

4) as for the other person to protect, I'd say... hmm. Protect Itachi-san. That's what I would do. Just cuz I think he may be an important Innocent, and also I think if Bb is non-Mafia, then the Mafia will want to kill Itachi to frame Bb. I could be wrong though. If the other saving role is still alive, pick whoever they want to... but I don't mean to sound arrogant or something, but one of them should protect me for sure

5) umm, cya guys in the morning ;D

Edited by unreality

when is Frost getting on?

Well, he posted that he might not be on at the time the day ends, but the day still ends at 930p his time...which was 8 minutes ago, according to my clock. So we seem to have a final roster.

Alright, just got back from The Dark Night, and I have to say: awesome!

Ok, Mekal will be replacing taliesin, he PMed me.

Also, day post coming, once I read these 5 or so pages.

No one post until the day post. B))

I have a few ideas that Itachi is Defender and Y-san is the Ninja, but it was just based off of one of I-san's posts, so it's probably not true

Lol...it's weird to be speculated about...

But I'd like to point out, whether or not I am the Ninja (which will not be revealed to protect the Ninja :P), what I-san said pretty much makes it impossible for him to be the Defender if I am the Ninja. He asked for Protection for me, and if I were the Ninja, the Defender would know that the Ninja couldn't be killed until the Defender him/herself dies, and wouldn't have mentioned it...it is unnecessary and may bring attention to the Ninja from the baddies, which the Defender wouldn't want.

Plus, UR, if you really do think I'm the Ninja and I-san is the Defender, why are you outing us like that? It pretty much paints giant target signs on us for the baddies...do you want to get rid of us or something? <_<

Edit: Sorry, Frost, starting composing the post before you posted...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D

Mafia V Intro

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising

Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising addendum

Frost sat back and relaxed in his recliner. He reached for more popcorn, but he was out after eating a lot watching the town’s actions.

“Wow. That was an awesome movie.”

He had just finished watching The Dark Knight, and after two and a half hours of awesomeness, he looked at the time.

“Oh, crap! It’s after 10PM! I have to get back to Pengville!”

The Really Ominous Frozen Lake

The snowfall of the previous night had ended, and a dense fog had covered Pengville. Early in the morning the landlord of GC’s apartment had discovered his body when the landlord went to collect the monthly rent.

Outraged at the loss of GC, the citizens of Pengville wanted someone to pay. They all traveled down to the Really Ominous Frozen Lake to decide on who would take the blame for GC’s death.

“Oh great, now the lake’s going to be really ominous with this thick fog,” muttered unreality, as he made the trek to the lake. Everyone gathered around in a circle to discuss, the traditional burning at the stake was sure to follow. The fog made it difficult for people to see each other, though they were all well aware that there were baddies hiding among them. They only had to figure out who was who, which unfortunately was hard for some. Then the question was posed: Who should we kill off first?

“TwoaDay!” shouted Brandonb.

“Brandonb!” shouted TwoaDay.

“Aha! Baddie!” retorted Brandonb.

“It’s Cherry Lane! Or maybe unreality!” said the dazed TwoaDay.

People were accusing left and right. It was the first day, after all.

“We’ve got to think this one through, guys,” mentioned unreality, “we have to get a baddie today.”

They argued through the afternoon, and into the evening.

It had come down to two people: Brandonb and rene83.

After much deliberation, the mob settled on rene83, and tied her to the stake. “You can’t do this!” she yelled, “I’m only a noob, I don’t deserve to end like this! It’s not fair, I’m only a mafioso!” Too late, the ice was already starting to melt from the heat of the fire.

As the fire raged above, torching rene83 to a crisp, the ice got thinner and thinner, and finally broke. The mafioso plunged into the icy depths, extinguishing the flames, but freezing them solid. She were still visible above the ice, frozen beneath the surface of the Really Ominous Frozen Lake. “How ominous,” someone said, but no one was sure who because of the fog.

As the citizens walked back to town, some thought that they heard the Grim Reaper laughing in the distance, preparing for a kill, or the Mafia planning their next attack. It would be a rough night, hopefully the innocents could make it through.

Congrats, you guys got a mafia on the first day! :D

It’s night 2! I need my PMs!

Edited by Frost

Y-san: It was a lynch, roles are always revealed, just not the specifc mafia role.

I'm going to bed, so I'll be back tomorrow hopefully. The night might be longer, not sure when I will have internet access again.

Good night! ^_^

Yay! We got one...Either the Godfather or the Thief since the identity was not revealed (that rule still applies for the Bankroller, right?) Tough luck Rene83, but there wasn't much you could do once people started pointing the finger at you. You did put up a good fight since you didn't have much room to maneuver (being a baddie and all.) If you liked this experience, and want to try your luck again, you'll have some temporary invulnerability at the start of Mafia VI.

Also, wanted to say, we didn't kill Puzzlegirl in the first lynching! B))

Night coming on, so it seems like time for the Innocents to make sure they're all set for the series of killings potentially taking place. All the night characters should think very carefully about the most effective use of their abilities. There's always a lot at stake on the second night (Mafia (of course,) GR, QAs could be more organized; Joe's Student caught onto Brandonb's clue immediately after the lynching on the first day and they got together and killed Slick :o ) So I really hope that everyone knows what they are doing. I also wanted to mention that I thought it was odd that the QAs targeted me, Y-s and Brandonb. We were all talking at the end of the previous mafia how we would probably be on the short list of people to be offed since we are devious and/or perceptive. Not sure how that adds into the equation for saving people. Think about it. My impression, which could be completely off the mark, is that the QAs are all old hands who thought that we could be dangerous.

BTW Twoaday, Y-s' promise to me is not game-changing, it will not affect Mafia V in any way from here on out. I outmaneuvered her (and the rest of the inhabitants of Awesomeville in Mafia IV B))but that's another story) so she vowed to vote for me the first day in the next mafia game. As you can see, she did follow through (if only in order to not have to make a real decision ;):P ) and I think that should be the end of it. Though she might decide to start a vendetta against me and continue voting for me in the future, and that's her prerogative, but I hope that she has the best interests of Pengville at heart and leaves the votes to those most deserving of them (and I'm sure she will B)) )

I've been sitting on this post forever. Started writing it before Frost posted and was going to say some other things about the day, but had to change it when I saw him say no more posts and shift the focus more to things I wanted to say about the night.

Y-s they are revealed as Mafia, but the role is only revealed if it's the Bankroller, unless you saw some role identification that I missed, twice. Which is possible, considering how tired I am right now. Also, please don't start a vendetta against me. :lol:

Plus, I just thought I'd answer Twoaday's question and needed an excuse to do it. :P Hope I said everything I needed to say and not too much. I also wanted to mention that I broke the limit on emoticons allowed and had to repost... : (

Wow!

So Rene was a mafiosa! And here I was being oh so empathetic to her.

Since last the game was my first, I had a soft spot for her.

Got to stop being so damn sensitive....

Well, not a bad game of pool... But a GREAT death in a frozen pool! :P Well, I'm alive, can I get a doctor? :mellow: I'd like to make it to tomorrow to prove my innocence! C'mon Doc, You know the mafiosos are PO'd at me and Unreality. I am in the crosshairs (for other reasons too) so umm.. a little help? PLEASE!? :D

nice! great job everyone! -only meant for us goodies.

ok, y-san is correct about me not being Defender. Though I am an Innocent. Protection would be nice, but please put unreality and y-san ahead of me for tonight at least. In an effort to quell the baddies from going after me: I am a rather inconsequential character in the scheme of things so killing me would be a waste of your night kill... If there is a third protector alive still, I'd of course love it, I can only really offer my power of deduction to the Innocents at this point though...

advice for the Inuit: don't waste your power testing unreality. My hunch is that the people who didn't vote (y-san aside) are very probably QAs. Why you ask? Because they were unsure about rene and are still unsure about Bb and would not want to lynch one of their own. -just my theory, but in case I get offed tonight, I'd at least like to make that point for the rest of the Innocents for tomorrow's lynch. Look at the people who didn't vote as most-likely QAs! and QAs, going after me for saying that would be a waste of your kill and would probably lead to your downfall.

ummm, what else? well, good luck over night everyone! congrats Bb for escaping almost certain death (I hope I was wrong about you, but we got a baddie anyway and you will hopefully be proven true/fake tomorrow by unreality - though now my hunch is that you are Innocent so maybe he should Spy on these non-voters and route a QA out of their snake holes!) Let's see how that works out... fingers crossed!

Yeah...I'm really not sure about UR, I'd like to believe him, but I'd like to point out that a person attacking a baddie in one faction and trying to get him/her lynched does not exclude that person from being a baddie from a different faction (case and point: Mafia IV, me deducing BB was the MoS ;P), so I'd really like the Inuit to prove that UR is not a QA...that way I could be comfortable working with him...plus if it is proven that he is the Spy, I'm sure the Ninja would be a lot more comfortable following his suggestions ;)

Edit: And I don't really agree with I-san on the people not voting being QAs..."not wanting to vote for your own" seems like a weak reason...the people who didn't vote all explained their not wanting to vote because they couldn't be on during the last hours so they didn't want to be part of making a bad lynch decision...I think this is a perfectly good reason, and the best thing they could have done under those circumstances.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Yeah...I'm really not sure about UR, I'd like to believe him, but I'd like to point out that a person attacking a baddie in one faction and trying to get him/her lynched does not exclude that person from being a baddie from a different faction (case and point: Mafia IV, me deducing BB was the MoS ;P), so I'd really like the Inuit to prove that UR is not a QA...that way I could be comfortable working with him...plus if it is proven that he is the Spy, I'm sure the Ninja would be a lot more comfortable following his suggestions ;)

Now you're starting to sound like a QA yourself Y-s. By trying to get the Inuit to waste a perfectly good kill on a confirmed innocent (as far as I am concerned). If someone else was the Spy they would have come out with it by now. Thereby gaining a saving role's coverage for the night. But no one else has come forward, so I find it hard to believe that Unreality it not telling the truth on this one.

Edit: And I don't really agree with I-san on the people not voting being QAs..."not wanting to vote for your own" seems like a weak reason...the people who didn't vote all explained their not wanting to vote because they couldn't be on during the last hours so they didn't want to be part of making a bad lynch decision...I think this is a perfectly good reason, and the best thing they could have done under those circumstances.

and I disagree because we clearly had enough suspicion to lynch a baddie right off the bat.

edit: ok, I'm removing my confirmed innocence of y-san. it was all just a theory i concocted anyway, but now she sounds too suspicious. i agree with what Bb says though I don't trust him entirely yet either... protective roles need to make sure you protect unreality and the rest i leave up to you guys =)