BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Ok, the next day will either have to be cut short, or end a little while later than usual. I probably won't have access to internet much tomorrow, especially late tomorrow night. That means I can't post the day post exactly 24 hours from now. Depending on how the discussion goes, I will decide earlier or later then, but for now be warne dof an extended or shortened day possibility. I will try to prepare the post beforehand, so it hopefully shouldn't take me as long to post it(should be better than the first night post - I was a little rushed).

Edited by Frost

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, cuz that's a non-Ninja night

anyways:

anyone have any suspicions or fingers to point? :P

That's true, too...hmmm...here's a question... well, last game *both* the GR and Ninja died on the second night...if there had been Aurora, what would have happened then? They both get revived, but would the night post have revealed their identities?

That's true, too...hmmm...here's a question... well, last game *both* the GR and Ninja died on the second night...if there had been Aurora, what would have happened then? They both get revived, but would the night post have revealed their identities?

No, their roles would not be revealed if the Aurora was cast. They were revealed in Mafia IV only because the GR would have won if he had not been killed by the mafia, so people had to know who he was and that he killed the ninja to win. Oh, I'm starting writing the next few day/night posts to get ahead so we can have better stories. :D

I don't think the identities would get revealed cuz I guess the shaman uses his/her ability before the night post, is it? :huh:

I think that that GR-Ninja-Aurora thing is interesting... if their identities were revealed, then they would bothget killed a few posts after that, because the Ninja is a threat to the baddies and the GR is a threat to the good guys. If their identities were not revealed, then the GR would probably die the next night anyways because the Ninja would kill him/her. But seriously... what are the chances of that happening?

Edited by frozen_in_fire

btw we need to vote carefully for the first lynching...We must take out time...I know it is sort of random. But its good news for us that the doc and healer have met up even in Mafia V and they can coordinate their activities :)

ok so..

we can safely assume that GC wasn't a mafioso :P but he might have been be a QA , right? :unsure: ( I know there were 3 QA targets last night but whats the rule? before getting killed, he might have chosen his target..this is all assuming he was a QA )

so GC might have been a - QA/the GR/ an Innocent.

another one... Last night the QA targets were Brandonb, Yoruichi and Dawh. Can the QAs unknowingly target one of their own? If the answer is negative then we again can assume that those three aren't QAs? :unsure: else... :ph34r:

FROST pls answer..

Edited by Nayana

Well...the more I think about it (instead of falling asleep like I should be ;P), the more I think it's more likely for the baddies to hit each other earlier in the game (and hence the Shaman should wait to do Aurora)...

...The QA's don't know each other yet, so two of them could unwittingly hit the third one, but more importantly, they need to kill the GR in order to be able to kill the Yeti, and they don't want to accidentally kill the Illusionist before he/she turns into the Yeti, so their best bet is to target people who seem like baddies (until the GR dies)...

If the Mafia know this, then they know the QAs are threats to them and hence, they may feel they have to "kill or be killed"...

Since the Defender is not dead yet, the Ninja cannot be killed, and even if the GR does hit the Ninja, he/she won't die...

I was trying to figure out the exact probabilities, but there were too many unknown factors to take into account (i.e. the unknown identities of dead people)...umm...it's late...need to sleep...I may be wrong...anyways, will be back tomorrow...

ok so..

we can safely assume that GC wasn't a mafioso :P but he might have been be a QA , right? :unsure: ( I know there were 3 QA targets last night but whats the rule? before getting killed, he might have chosen his target..this is all assuming he was a QA )

so GC might have been a - QA/the GR/ an Innocent.

another one... Last night the QA targets were Brandonb, Yoruichi and Dawh. Can the QAs unknowingly target one of their own? If the answer is negative then we again can assume that those three aren't QAs? :unsure: else... :ph34r:

FROST pls answer..

It's is that time again. I still don't know who to vote yet. :)

GC's first and last ghost post. :P

Thank you, mafia for giving me the honour of picking me to kill the first night. Though I will miss the scandalous lies and heated arguments. And reading too much into posts for hints is just bad for your health, as I have personal experience, heed my advice.

And for the record, I haven't used any emotions , me being the ghost.

Well...the more I think about it (instead of falling asleep like I should be ;P), the more I think it's more likely for the baddies to hit each other earlier in the game (and hence the Shaman should wait to do Aurora)...

That's really not a good idea for them. The best chance for the mafiosos (a illustrated in the last game) is to have the godfather check their target on the first night, and try to take out an innocent. B/C the QAs are running blind, and there's no helping whether or not the QAs will take out a mafioso. However, it is against the better interest of the Mafia to take out a QA, b/c then there are fewer baddies standing, and a much less likely baddie majority for the win.

...The QA's don't know each other yet, so two of them could unwittingly hit the third one, but more importantly, they need to kill the GR in order to be able to kill the Yeti, and they don't want to accidentally kill the Illusionist before he/she turns into the Yeti, so their best bet is to target people who seem like baddies (until the GR dies)...

She's right, the QAs can unknowingly target eachother. Though in a private conversation I had with Unreality in Mafia IV, they could not kill eachother, they would only find their target to not be there. Is this still the case in this game? Or could they actually kill eachother? <-(Question 1)

If the Mafia know this, then they know the QAs are threats to them and hence, they may feel they have to "kill or be killed"...

Do the QAs have night invincibility during the night (until the meet up) as we agreed upon in the signup thread? <-(Question 2) Or does that not go into effect until Mafia VI? Anyway, If this is the case then we can be sure that GC was NOT a QA or a Mafioso

Since the Defender is not dead yet, the Ninja cannot be killed, and even if the GR does hit the Ninja, he/she won't die...

Right, though is the rule still in place that the Defender role still gets revealed day or night? <-(Question 3)

Good grief! There's a lot to read! I'm getting so confused with the Aurora stuff. I agree with Yoruichi that the innocents need to get organized...but how? This will be a tough lynching. ARGH!

Wow, nearly 12 hrs in, and still no votes have been cast! Ok then, I'll start the blind lynch mob with...

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb - voting for Sinistral

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83

20) Sinistral

It just sounds sinister to me :P

Anyone have better reasoning? There's really not much to go by in the night post, and a vast majority of players haven't contributed yet.

I'm pretty sure that the Defender's death is revealed, regardless. Not sure about the other questions, but I have a question of my own:

Is the Special Mafia Wipeout an ability in addition to a kill, or is it an either/or situation? I could never tell from the description. :unsure:

Have to think about the lynching... :mellow:

Good bye GC, we'll miss you. :(

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb - voting for Sinistral

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay - voting for Sinistral

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83

20) Sinistral

ill just go with that for now

Edited by TwoaDay

ill just go with that for now

AH HA! A BADDIE! I KNEW IT!!!

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb - voting for TwoaDay

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay - voting for Sinistral

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83

20) Sinistral

She's right, the QAs can unknowingly target eachother. Though in a private conversation I had with Unreality in Mafia IV, they could not kill eachother, they would only find their target to not be there. Is this still the case in this game? Or could they actually kill eachother? <-(Question 1)

I didn't know this about the QAs in M-IV. I assumed they would kill each other. So the QA doing the targeting would then know that the person they chose is actually a QA? I guess this would help them find each other next night?

Do the QAs have night invincibility during the night (until the meet up) as we agreed upon in the signup thread? <-(Question 2) Or does that not go into effect until Mafia VI? Anyway, If this is the case then we can be sure that GC was NOT a QA or a Mafioso
What's this about QA invincibility at night? I just read all 40 pages of the signup thread and saw no mention of this. Perhaps its in the mafia role discussion thread, but I'm not going to read thru all that now, too. Anyway, it's not in the rules, so it shouldn't apply.

Right, though is the rule still in place that the Defender role still gets revealed day or night? <-(Question 3)
since I just read all of the signup thread, I read the rules and this is still in there. I also saw a post in the signup where you asked the same question, and it was answered then. what's your fixation with the defender?

1) Unreality

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay - voting for Brandonb

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83

20) Sinistral

tricky, well now im voting for you Bb

Edited by TwoaDay

TwoaDay: spite-voting already, eh? :( Not cool.

1) Unreality

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay - voting for Brandonb

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane - voting for TwoaDay

11) Dnae