BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D

Mafia V Intro

Sorry for the wait. B))

Rooftop Snow Rising

The snow had been falling for a few hours, freezing high in the sky and drifting down to the ground. It was a peaceful night, as usual, the air was still, unlike in Awesomeville the week before.

*CRUNCH*

The steps of the mafia left footprints in the snow as they walked along the silent street. “Don’t you think that we should cover our tracks?” mentioned the Theif. “It won’t matter,” the bankroller responded, “no one walks the streets at night anyway. Besides, if the snow keeps rising, we won’t have too, they will be covered for us.” The mafiosos arrived at a building and entered, climbing the creaky steps to the roof. Once they arrived at the top, they heaved the door open through the piles of snow. As the rooftop snow kept rising, the Bankroller started to get set up on the edge of the building.

The other side of town

The Healer walked up to a quiet house, hoping that they would be able to help someone tonight. As he/she approached, he/she noticed the lights were on. He/she knocked on the door, yelling out “Hello! Anyone home?” After a minute, the door opened, to a surprised Healer. “You’re the doctor?” exclaimed the Healer. “Yep, looks like we got lucky. Now we can be more organized about who we save.” “But who did you save?” questioned the Healer. “Nobody, I decided to stay home tonight,” replied the Doctor.

The Rooftop

“You sure about this?” asked a mafioso. “Yes,” replied the Bankroller, “I think it was a good decision.” Across the street, a disgruntled GC opened up his apartment door. “I’m tired of all of this snow,” he thought to himself. “If only I lived in Awesomeville.” As he opened the fridge, looking for a snack, he noticed it. The red dot on his chest. “Oh S#IT!” he was about to say, but he was on the floor with a hole in his heart before he could utter the words. As the blood pooled around GC, the mafiosos disassembled from the rooftop, happy with their successful kill.

BTW, did anyone catch the reference in the intro?

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC - DEAD[?](killed by Mafia)

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83

20) Sinistral

Day 1 has started! Get discussing! :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way to eff up the color codes ;D

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae

12) Nayana

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83

20) Sinistral

what about the QAs? Did they all decide to not do anything? :P

Yeah, I'm no QA, and it's actually better if you don't mention them. But for fairness in the game, each of their actions need to be mentioned if they are ever going to stand the slightest chance of meeting up.

Actually, I had an idea for the Shaman...

Since the rules don't specify that the doctor/healer can only save ppl from baddies, then I suggest the Shaman do this:

Use the day ability first (Aurora). Then, the day before he/she uses the night ability (Scry), declare that he/she is going to use it. Then the doctor/healer can save the Shaman from dying. The Shaman then becomes a confirmed innocent, with no abilities.

At the very least for the innocents, this means that the mafia will have to use a kill on the Shaman, thereby prolonging the life of some other innocent that does have an useful ability...

Of course, the Shaman may not live long enough to use both his/her abilities (or could have been GC...) XP

way to eff up the color codes ;D

Hey, I would have checked, but my internet connection is too slow. And I'm lazy. I'll get it next time, I just hadn''t done that before. B))

Oh, sorry about the QAs, I was rushed to finish the post. Add this to the night post:

Earlier that night, the QAs had been plotting. Unfortunately they plotted wrong. One attempted an attack on Brandonb, which failed due to a triggered alarm. Across town, another QA went after Yoruichi, but was scared off from some loud noises coming from inside. Meanwhile, another went for dawh, only to realize that he/she had forgotten to bring a weapon for kill. They all went home, hoping that tomorrow night they would meet up with each other.

I said I'd vote for whoever effed up the color codes first, but it was Frost, so now I don't know who to vote for :P

edit: nobody else is on, so I'll go to bed now ;D

I didn't mess up the colors, just the wording. It was the first time I made them, so oh well. :D

no, the Shaman can't be "saved" by a Doc/Healer as they aren't "killed'- they die from their own abilities

Oh...darn. Well, the rules don't say that the doctor/healer can only save ppl who are "killed"

saving roles = Doctor, Healer, Illusionist

* Doctor - save one person each night. Not same person 2x in a row. Can save self only once

* Healer - same as Doctor, but different methods of medicine

You let the QA's win last game b/c the rules didn't say the Sphinx being out of the house thing...

good point. It would depend on if Frost would let it slide... but I don't think. It's a loophole, Y-san, and it would be cheating to explot it :P The Shaman dies when he/she uses both his abilities- it's not the kind of thing that a Doctor can fix up afterwards ;D

Okay...we'll see what Frost says. I don't think it's cheating...I think the innocents should try to coordinate their abilities the best they can...I call it "strategy" ;P.

Okay, okay, God has spoken ;)

Anyways, based on the QA target choices, I would guess they were in the last Mafia game, or observed the last Mafia game pretty closely, especially towards the end...(dawh laid pretty low until the end, where he came out of nowhere and owned :P)...

it's before, ie, the northern lights are included in the night post

Haha...didn't you say you were going to sleep, like, 2 pages ago...;P

But, anyways, in that case, I'm not sure...there's always a chance the baddie groups end up taking each other out...I'm not sure whether that's more or less likely on the 2nd night as opposed to a later night...have to think about that one...

Well, at least I agree the Shaman definitely should use Aurora on a GR night...