BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Beggar

unreality

Question

let me start if off with the Beggar I just came up with: (it's an expansion of the 5-day winner idea)

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day. When the Beggar has 5 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown for 5 role identities, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown to kill that night

Edited by bonanova

• Answers 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

:o :o :o

Heroes is my FAVOURITE SHOW! But I don't like Peter...I dunno why, I just don't. I like Hiro ^_^ I'd call him. Any idea when this will start? A month? I recomend when the new season starts, and we get some new characters. Thanks for combining my two favourite things into one! ;P

~Kat

Peter is awesome, but so is Hiro. The new Season starts tomorrow at 8pm, so it's not starting that soon. The idea of the game is that it works in Seasons. The first game is season 1. It doesn't have anyone from season 2, they will come in the second game. Considering how busy I am with school, it might not start for a couple months, probably around winter break when I have time to host. But it will be awesome. The stories will relate a lot to the show. :D

Yeah, that show is cool but it's rediculous - I mean, EVERYONE is invincible and NOBODY can die, and if someone that can die does, they can just bring them back to life with some blood from one of the various invincible people

There are like 3 invincible people, and they can still die. I love how Adam "died." I'll admit the blood thing is a little ridiculous, but they rarely do that in the show. Besides, the writing for that show is amazing.

Edited by Frost

There are like 3 invincible people, and they can still die. I love how Adam "died." I'll admit the blood thing is a little ridiculous, but they rarely do that in the show. Besides, the writing for that show is amazing.

...until the WGA strike... <_<

Edit: And I think putting in the cheesy blood thing was a result of them having to cut Season 2 short due to the strike...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

It gets so confusing when you miss just one episode though, thank goodness for series recording ^_^

~Kat

<(^-^)>

Edit: Maybe we should have a Heroes Board...

Edited by Kathleen

Wait.. can't Heroes die? Sylar used to kill superbeings by cutting open their heads and.. yeah. Excuse me if this surprises you, but I have never watched Heroes! I have only heard about it from my friends!

Although I do have to admit Hiro is probably my favorite character. Time travel is cool..

HA! I'm not the only person who thinks time travel is cool! You should watch it, but watch from episode one and don't miss any...trust me it sucks, I had to youtube the missed episodes, I was so confused.

~Kat

<(^-^)>

HA! I'm not the only person who thinks time travel is cool! You should watch it, but watch from episode one and don't miss any...trust me it sucks, I had to youtube the missed episodes, I was so confused.

~Kat

<(^-^)>

No, I think time travel is cool, too...it's just that being able to time travel AND fly AND go through walls AND read minds AND have super strength AND shoot lightning bolts out of your hand AND use telekinesis AND control nuclear fission AND be invincible is cooler...;P

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot invisibility...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

No, I think time travel is cool, too...it's just that being able to time travel AND fly AND go through walls AND read minds AND have super strength AND shoot lightning bolts out of your hand AND use telekinesis AND control nuclear fission AND be invincible is cooler...;P

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot invisibility...

Don't forget paint the future. But let's try to move this to the thread I started for this purpose, shall we? This thread is for mafia related discussion.

15 players, split into two groups: the Hierarchy (10) and the Rebels (5). The Hierarchy are the members that make up the Aztec Empire, and they are arranged in a hierarchy of 10 positions that determine voting power (x1, x3, x5), among other things, and they move up their position when those above them die. Rebels always have a voting power of x3 and are not part of the hierarchy list, though they are still secretly among the population, trying to overthrow the Hierarchy by killing off its members. Nobody is informed of being bumped up in the Hierarchy order unless they achieve a new voting status

Hierarchy Key

(Number of Position Within Hierarchy) Original Holder of that Position, Voting Power

The Hierarchy

(1) Emperor~Chief, x5

(2) High Priest, x5

(3) Master Astronomer, x5

(4) Warlord, x3

(5) Tribal Sage, x3

(6) Seer, x3

(7) Guard Captain, x3

(8) Temple Servant, x3

(9) Vagabond, x1

(10) White Slave, x1

Hierarchy Roles

Emperor~Chief: can order one person's execution per night. Cannot be killed by the Rebels until the Guard Captain is dead, however the Guard Captain has no effect on executions, sacrifices, and poison dart frog assassinations

High Priest: can sacrifice any Hierarchy role they wish during the day, and it occurs at the end of the day along with the daily sacrifice, revealing the name of that role. The High Priest picks the role name, not the person's name. They can only do this twice in the entire game, if they wish to do so at all. They have BTSC with the Master Astronomer

Master Astronomer: gazes at the stars each night, trying to decipher ancient calendars. They can detect subtle shifts in the heavens that alert of an approaching Meteor. They have BTSC with the High Priest

Warlord: this well-trained jungle-warfare general has a secret task that not many know of

Tribal Sage: the TS is a source of much herbal knowledge and wise advice, and a favorite of the populace [Open To Ideas; maybe a message-carrier of sorts?]

Seer: the Seer lives atop a jungle mountain near the Aztec Capital, and sits at the mossy peak meditating. The Seer has the ability to scry on people and discover their actions and abilities, and is often requested to do so. During the day, people send anonymous requests (via me), which are forwarded to the Seer, and the Seer must choose between the different requests, and the person that made the request is told the role of the person scryed upon, but the Seer does not learn the role. Rebels are not permitted to make requests. During the night, the Seer makes scries of his or her own, learning one role per night [Not sure about the balance of this, might need more thinking]

Guard Captain: is in control of the temple~city's defensive forces, and can arrange to defend up to 2 people. The Guard Captain also always has people protecting the Emperor~Chief, and the E~C cannot be harmed until the Guard Captain is dead (unless the E~C is killed by the Poison Dart Frog or the High Priest or execution)

Temple Servant: hears things [Open To Ideas], and is also immune to the High Priest's sacrifice [Like I said, "Open To Ideas", since this can't be their only ability]

Vagabond: a wanderer from a distant land, the Vagabond starts off knowing the identity of one random Rebel. Every time the Vagabond obtains a new voting level (x3 and then x5), they learn a new random Rebel that is still alive

White Slave: a captive from distant, exotic lands across the sea (ie, Europe). The White Slave was a pirate, and learns quickly, thinking on his/her feet, and thus can escape and take on a new life if they know the role and name of a dead Hierarchy member, whom they will become the impostor of. If checked by the Seer or Jungle Panther, or executed, they are seen as the White Slave, always, no matter what. The White Slave can only impersonate someone's role once, and it doesn't affect the Hierarchy order

Additional Hierarchy Spot Perks

* Hierarchy position (1), originally that of the Emperor~Chief's, has the additional perk of being protected by the Guard Captain each night while not decreasing the GC's number of saves each night (which is 2). The ability sounds exclusive to just the E~C in the EC's and GC's descriptions, but it applies to every single person that is at the #1 position

* May add others [Any ideas?]

Rebels (5)

Poison Dart Frog: a stealthy assassin that uses darts covered with the venemous blood of the poison dart frog. Each night, they can PM me a name and a role, and only if both match up, the person is stealthily assassinated, ignoring the Guard Captain's defense warriors

Jungle Panther: can blend in with the shadows, observing quietly. The Jungle Panther can learn the role of one person per night

River Otter: if checked by the Seer, is seen as a random Hierarchy role, excluding the role of the person learning the data (either Seer or day-requester)

Tree Viper: [i threw out the previous idea, since it didn't make sense at all, so this one is open. I could change the role name too if need be]

Vicious Pirahna: the leader of the Rebels. Makes one kill each night, blockable by the Guard Captain, though the kill is typically a group decision. If the Vicious Pirahna dies, their killing ability is taken over by a random living Rebel. [All Rebels have BTSC]

The Astronomical Cycle

The game starts out at Day, then moves to Night, then Day, then Night, etc.

* Day: everyone votes to execute one person. Some other day activities may also be taking place, and the High Priest may also choose one person to be sacrificed along with the person to be executed at the end of the day

- Execution: a certain number of votes is required, but remember that the votes are weighted based on your Hierarchy position, or, if you are a Rebel, your vote is always worth x3, though Hierarchy members can have either x1, x3 or x5 voting power. A majority of the total voting power is needed to execute someone. For example, in the first day with all 15 people alive, the total voting power is 47, and thus 24/47 voting power is needed for majority

- Time Limit: no Day is endless, though whether a specific time limit will be embraced or not is still food for thought (or pirahnas)

* Night: this is when the Rebels make their move, as well as many Hierarchy abilities

- Time Limit: Ends depending on whether (a) or (b) happens first:

(a) Everyone that needs to PMs in their night activity

(b) The time of night elapsed reaches 18 real-life hours, or longer depending on how the host (me) sets the time limit beforehand, since there can be exceptions

- Guard Captain clarification:

* Each Night, the GC saves three people:

(1) The person in the #1 Hierarchy spot (originally the Emperor~Chief). The Guard Captain automatically saves this person without knowing their identity. They have no choice but to defend this person each night

(2) Any player name of their choice (including themselves)

(3) Any player name of their choice (including themselves)

(*) Note that saving someone only takes affect in the night (and thus doesn't prevent against execution or sacrifice), and cannot defend against the Poison Dart Frog's assassination skills

* Meteors: watch out for the astronomical phenomenon, meteors - only predictable by the Master Astronomer

Peace in Tenochitlan

* The Hierarchy wins when the Rebels are dead and the Empire secure

* The Rebels win if the Hierarchy is overthrown and the Empire is in chaos

White Slave? Hmm... I don't like the way that sounds. How do u think people would react if there was a Civil War Mafia and one of the characters was a Black Slave?

Edited by crimsonghost

I just thought of a cool independent role:

* The Virus - a swarm of hostile airborne microbes, the Virus is a formidable and deadly opponent. The colony can form itself into virtually any shape, appearance and texture like a cloud of nanobots, and each night can do one of two actions: Infect or Kill.

** Infect: the Virus will find its way to the host's brain and take over its mental processes, slowly replacing bodily functions and organs with Virus alternatives and reproducing to fill the new host until they themselves are a new colony of the Virus. Each night, only ONE colony can Infect/Kill or there would be no coordination between multiple colonies. The colonies can communicate with each other through electromagnetic waves

** Kill: the Virus is very skilled at killing - it can do the act in virus-form, such as going up the victim's nostrils and into the brain or some other obvious give-away, thus announcing to the world that the kill was done by the Virus. Or the Virus can take shape of any person or thing to frame someone or some group

Depending on what game and what environment the game is, the Virus's goal/wincon would be different of course, and there may be anti-Virus characters, like 'the Virologist' or something, or maybe a Doctor could stop a Virus, etc. There could be some people the Virus couldn't effect, too. It all depends on what game it goes into :D

I'm in the process of planning (and almost finishing) an epic mafia game that puts some new twists in... hopefully there will be a time for me to host it... is anyone interested? :D

You bet!!!

though one of the things i noticed in CSM is that it is way to easy for the terrorist to die... where as it takes at least 2 kills to get the S.W.A.T agent... I was thinking that maybe there should be a Terrorist assistant... or for the standard mafia a GR follower... that way it is more balanced since there has never been a GR win...

Also... i have also found the Pheonix/whatever it is to be redundant... It almost seems pointless since it can only save from the GR... and the Doctor can do that also... I think there might want to be an addition the the role or something like that...

though one of the things i noticed in CSM is that it is way to easy for the terrorist to die... where as it takes at least 2 kills to get the S.W.A.T agent... I was thinking that maybe there should be a Terrorist assistant... or for the standard mafia a GR follower... that way it is more balanced since there has never been a GR win...

Or how about the MH also being invincible for the first night/day? That way there's no need to reveal the terrorist's role. Itachi employed a similar idea in ABR-3, remember? The 2 captains couldn't be executed during day, as well as the Laughing man and Lelouche. That way there will be doubt as to who the terrorist is and who the MH is. That way the terrorist has a much better chance of winning. He could even take out the MH if the lynching's on day 1. ;)

slick: JS was just kidding :P This will have about 17 spots

everyone else: cool ;D Also it is nothing like previous games (and it's not the Mafia VII ruleset, which we still haven't played :P), so mentioning roles in other games doesn't matter - this is something completely new and different I've been coming up with :D

Oh it's good ol basic Mafia as in no stats or RPG elements involved. No crazily new elements. I had a few ideas for some drastically different systems, but dismissed them. The voting process is essentially the same as I introduced in Mafia 1 :D Though most of the roles, and some of the concepts, are very different than you've seen before :lol: And there's more ambiguity and mystery - it's not just who is what role, but what each role does. I don't provide the exact role descriptions except to the person that has the role :P

Oh it's good ol basic Mafia as in no stats or RPG elements involved. No crazily new elements. I had a few ideas for some drastically different systems, but dismissed them. The voting process is essentially the same as I introduced in Mafia 1 :D Though most of the roles, and some of the concepts, are very different than you've seen before :lol: And there's more ambiguity and mystery - it's not just who is what role, but what each role does. I don't provide the exact role descriptions except to the person that has the role :P

Ooo that, to be fair... sounds good. So how long after ABR4 do you think you'll start?