BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Beggar

unreality

Question

let me start if off with the Beggar I just came up with: (it's an expansion of the 5-day winner idea)

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day. When the Beggar has 5 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown for 5 role identities, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown to kill that night

Edited by bonanova

• Answers 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I feel that after M4F14, Speed Mafia, Anime Battle Royale, Cruise Ship Mafia, M4F14#2 and Pirate Mafia, everyone's getting more Mafia experience while I'm getting zip, zero, nada :lol: I think I'll have to join Sinistral's Pirate Mafia though, definitely. Maybe I'll run the Brainden-themed Mafia sometime. And of course in the near/distant/whenever future, Mafia VII

I feel that after M4F14, Speed Mafia, Anime Battle Royale, Cruise Ship Mafia, M4F14#2 and Pirate Mafia, everyone's getting more Mafia experience while I'm getting zip, zero, nada :lol: I think I'll have to join Sinistral's Pirate Mafia though, definitely. Maybe I'll run the Brainden-themed Mafia sometime. And of course in the near/distant/whenever future, Mafia VII

Then why don't you join the cruise ship Mafia UR?

Aztec Mafia

15 players, split into two groups: the Hierarchy (10) and the Rebels (5). The Hierarchy are the members that make up the Aztec Empire, and they are arranged in a hierarchy of 10 positions that determine voting power (x1, x3, x5), among other things, and they move up their position when those above them die. Rebels always have a voting power of x3 and are not part of the hierarchy list, though they are still secretly among the population, trying to overthrow the Hierarchy by killing off its members. Nobody is informed of being bumped up in the Hierarchy order unless they achieve a new voting status

Hierarchy Key

(Number of Position Within Hierarchy) Original Holder of that Position, Voting Power

The Hierarchy

(1) Emperor~Chief, x5

(2) High Priest, x5

(3) Master Astronomer, x5

(4) Warlord, x3

(5) Tribal Sage, x3

(6) Seer, x3

(7) Guard Captain, x3

(8) Temple Servant, x3

(9) Vagabond, x1

(10) White Slave, x1

Hierarchy Roles

Emperor~Chief: can order one person's execution per night. Cannot die until the Guard Captain is dead

High Priest: can sacrifice any Hierarchy role they wish during the day, and it occurs at the end of the day along with the daily sacrifice. The High Priest picks the role name, not the person's name. They can only do this twice in the entire game, if they wish to do so at all. They have BTSC with the Master Astronomer

Master Astronomer: gazes at the stars each night, trying to decipher ancient calendars. They can detect subtle shifts in the heavens that alert of an approaching Meteor. They have BTSC with the High Priest

Warlord: this well-trained jungle-warfare general has a secret task that not many know of

Tribal Sage: the TS is a source of much herbal knowledge and wise advice, and a favorite of the populace [Open To Ideas; maybe a message-carrier of sorts?]

Seer: the Seer lives atop a jungle mountain near the Aztec Capital, and sits at the mossy peak meditating. The Seer has the ability to scry on people and discover their actions and abilities, and is often requested to do so. During the day, people send anonymous requests (via the god Quetzcoatl [me]), which are forwarded to the Seer, and the Seer must choose between the different requests, and the person that made the request is told the role of the person scryed upon. Remember that requests can be made by Rebels too. During the night, the Seer makes scries of his or her own, learning one role per night

Guard Captain: is in control of the temple~city's defensive forces, and can arrange to defend up to 2 people. The Guard Captain also always has people protecting the Emperor~Chief, and the E~C cannot be harmed until the Guard Captain is dead (unless the E~C is killed by the Poison Dart Frog or the High Priest)

Temple Servant: hears things [Open To Ideas], and is also immune to the High Priest's sacrifice

Vagabond: a wanderer from a distant land, the Vagabond starts off knowing the identity of one random Rebel. Every time the Vagabond obtains a new voting level (x3 and then x5), they learn a new random Rebel that is still alive

White Slave: a captive from distant, exotic lands across the sea (ie, Europe). The White Slave was a pirate, and learns quickly, thinking on his/her feet, and thus can escape and take on a new life if they know the role and name of a dead Hierarchy member, whom they will become the impostor of. If checked by the Seer or Jungle Panther, or executed, they are seen as the White Slave, always, no matter what. The White Slave can only impersonate someone's role once, and it doesn't affect the Hierarchy order

Additional Hierarchy Spot Perks

* Hierarchy position (1), originally that of the Emperor~Chief's, has the additional perk of being protected by the Guard Captain each night while not decreasing the GC's number of saves each night (which is 2). The ability sounds exclusive to just the E~C in the EC's and GC's descriptions, but it applies to every single person that is at the #1 position

* May add others

Rebels (5)

Poison Dart Frog: a stealthy assassin that uses darts covered with the venemous blood of the poison dart frog. Each night, they can PM me a name and a role, and only if both match up, the person is stealthily assassinated, ignoring the Guard Captain's defense warriors

Jungle Panther: can blend in with the shadows, observing quietly. The Jungle Panther can learn the role of one person per night

River Otter: if checked by the Seer, is seen as a random Hierarchy role, excluding the role of the person learning the data (either Seer or day-requester)

Tree Viper: immune to the High Priest's sacrifice

Vicious Pirahna: the leader of the Rebels. Makes one kill each night, blockable by the Guard Captain, though the kill is typically a group decision. If the Vicious Pirahna dies, their killing ability is taken over by a random living Rebel. [All Rebels have BTSC]

The Astronomical Cycle

The game starts out at Day, then moves to Night, then Day, then Night, etc.

* Day: everyone votes to execute one person. Some other day activities may also be taking place, and the High Priest may also choose one person to be sacrificed along with the person to be executed at the end of the day

- Execution: a certain number of votes is required, but remember that the votes are weighted based on your Hierarchy position, or, if you are a Rebel, your vote is always worth x3, though Hierarchy members can have either x1, x3 or x5 voting power. A majority of the total voting power is needed to execute someone. For example, in the first day with all 15 people alive, the total voting power is 47, and thus 24/47 voting power is needed for majority

- Time Limit: no Day is endless, though whether a specific time limit will be embraced or not is still food for thought (or pirahnas)

* Night: this is when the Rebels make their move, as well as many Hierarchy abilities

- Time Limit: Ends depending on whether (a) or (b) happens first:

(a) Everyone that needs to PMs in their night activity

(b) The time of night elapsed reaches 18 real-life hours, or longer depending on how the host (me) sets the time limit beforehand, since there can be exceptions

* Meteors: watch out for the astronomical phenomenon, meteors - only predictable by the Master Astronomer

Peace in Tenochitlan

* The Hierarchy wins when the Rebels are dead and the Empire secure

* The Rebels win if the Hierarchy is overthrown and the Empire is in chaos

Dang, you just keep making up new versions of the game unreality. I'm working on one of my own at the moment, but it may take me a while to get down the specifics, as I'm trying to make it different from general mafia.

A game called Evolution, sort f based off of Astray

this will be a series of games ranging from the stone age to the space age. Players will try to gain technology, acquire mysterious items that could help them or hurt them, complete various quests and challenges, create armies and battle with other players, and advance to the next game, or age.

Just throwing something like that out there. I just saw this advertisement for a game called Caveman and it sparked my thinking. Probably won't like it.

sounds like that game Spore, never played it though. Interesting idea, though I'm sure it would be insanely complicated :D

Actually, if he's referring to a game specifically about humans, it's probably more like CIV. And that would be crazy complicated.

I've made some important changes to Aztec Mafia, though there's still a lot of empty holes that can be filled by ideas, and I'm looking for criticism, comments, etc on any balance issues someone might see :D

I've hilighted parts that are still open for ideas in red

Aztec Mafia

15 players, split into two groups: the Hierarchy (10) and the Rebels (5). The Hierarchy are the members that make up the Aztec Empire, and they are arranged in a hierarchy of 10 positions that determine voting power (x1, x3, x5), among other things, and they move up their position when those above them die. Rebels always have a voting power of x3 and are not part of the hierarchy list, though they are still secretly among the population, trying to overthrow the Hierarchy by killing off its members. Nobody is informed of being bumped up in the Hierarchy order unless they achieve a new voting status

Hierarchy Key

(Number of Position Within Hierarchy) Original Holder of that Position, Voting Power

The Hierarchy

(1) Emperor~Chief, x5

(2) High Priest, x5

(3) Master Astronomer, x5

(4) Warlord, x3

(5) Tribal Sage, x3

(6) Seer, x3

(7) Guard Captain, x3

(8) Temple Servant, x3

(9) Vagabond, x1

(10) White Slave, x1

Hierarchy Roles

Emperor~Chief: can order one person's execution per night. Cannot be killed by the Rebels until the Guard Captain is dead, however the Guard Captain has no effect on executions, sacrifices, and poison dart frog assassinations

High Priest: can sacrifice any Hierarchy role they wish during the day, and it occurs at the end of the day along with the daily sacrifice, revealing the name of that role. The High Priest picks the role name, not the person's name. They can only do this twice in the entire game, if they wish to do so at all. They have BTSC with the Master Astronomer

Master Astronomer: gazes at the stars each night, trying to decipher ancient calendars. They can detect subtle shifts in the heavens that alert of an approaching Meteor. They have BTSC with the High Priest

Warlord: this well-trained jungle-warfare general has a secret task that not many know of

Tribal Sage: the TS is a source of much herbal knowledge and wise advice, and a favorite of the populace [Open To Ideas; maybe a message-carrier of sorts?]

Seer: the Seer lives atop a jungle mountain near the Aztec Capital, and sits at the mossy peak meditating. The Seer has the ability to scry on people and discover their actions and abilities, and is often requested to do so. During the day, people send anonymous requests (via me), which are forwarded to the Seer, and the Seer must choose between the different requests, and the person that made the request is told the role of the person scryed upon, but the Seer does not learn the role. Rebels are not permitted to make requests. During the night, the Seer makes scries of his or her own, learning one role per night [Not sure about the balance of this, might need more thinking]

Guard Captain: is in control of the temple~city's defensive forces, and can arrange to defend up to 2 people. The Guard Captain also always has people protecting the Emperor~Chief, and the E~C cannot be harmed until the Guard Captain is dead (unless the E~C is killed by the Poison Dart Frog or the High Priest or execution)

Temple Servant: hears things [Open To Ideas], and is also immune to the High Priest's sacrifice [Like I said, "Open To Ideas", since this can't be their only ability]

Vagabond: a wanderer from a distant land, the Vagabond starts off knowing the identity of one random Rebel. Every time the Vagabond obtains a new voting level (x3 and then x5), they learn a new random Rebel that is still alive

White Slave: a captive from distant, exotic lands across the sea (ie, Europe). The White Slave was a pirate, and learns quickly, thinking on his/her feet, and thus can escape and take on a new life if they know the role and name of a dead Hierarchy member, whom they will become the impostor of. If checked by the Seer or Jungle Panther, or executed, they are seen as the White Slave, always, no matter what. The White Slave can only impersonate someone's role once, and it doesn't affect the Hierarchy order

Additional Hierarchy Spot Perks

* Hierarchy position (1), originally that of the Emperor~Chief's, has the additional perk of being protected by the Guard Captain each night while not decreasing the GC's number of saves each night (which is 2). The ability sounds exclusive to just the E~C in the EC's and GC's descriptions, but it applies to every single person that is at the #1 position

* May add others [Any ideas?]

Rebels (5)

Poison Dart Frog: a stealthy assassin that uses darts covered with the venemous blood of the poison dart frog. Each night, they can PM me a name and a role, and only if both match up, the person is stealthily assassinated, ignoring the Guard Captain's defense warriors

Jungle Panther: can blend in with the shadows, observing quietly. The Jungle Panther can learn the role of one person per night

River Otter: if checked by the Seer, is seen as a random Hierarchy role, excluding the role of the person learning the data (either Seer or day-requester)

Tree Viper: [i threw out the previous idea, since it didn't make sense at all, so this one is open. I could change the role name too if need be]

Vicious Pirahna: the leader of the Rebels. Makes one kill each night, blockable by the Guard Captain, though the kill is typically a group decision. If the Vicious Pirahna dies, their killing ability is taken over by a random living Rebel. [All Rebels have BTSC]

The Astronomical Cycle

The game starts out at Day, then moves to Night, then Day, then Night, etc.

* Day: everyone votes to execute one person. Some other day activities may also be taking place, and the High Priest may also choose one person to be sacrificed along with the person to be executed at the end of the day

- Execution: a certain number of votes is required, but remember that the votes are weighted based on your Hierarchy position, or, if you are a Rebel, your vote is always worth x3, though Hierarchy members can have either x1, x3 or x5 voting power. A majority of the total voting power is needed to execute someone. For example, in the first day with all 15 people alive, the total voting power is 47, and thus 24/47 voting power is needed for majority

- Time Limit: no Day is endless, though whether a specific time limit will be embraced or not is still food for thought (or pirahnas)

* Night: this is when the Rebels make their move, as well as many Hierarchy abilities

- Time Limit: Ends depending on whether (a) or (b) happens first:

(a) Everyone that needs to PMs in their night activity

(b) The time of night elapsed reaches 18 real-life hours, or longer depending on how the host (me) sets the time limit beforehand, since there can be exceptions

- Guard Captain clarification:

* Each Night, the GC saves three people:

(1) The person in the #1 Hierarchy spot (originally the Emperor~Chief). The Guard Captain automatically saves this person without knowing their identity. They have no choice but to defend this person each night

(2) Any player name of their choice (including themselves)

(3) Any player name of their choice (including themselves)

(*) Note that saving someone only takes affect in the night (and thus doesn't prevent against execution or sacrifice), and cannot defend against the Poison Dart Frog's assassination skills

* Meteors: watch out for the astronomical phenomenon, meteors - only predictable by the Master Astronomer

Peace in Tenochitlan

* The Hierarchy wins when the Rebels are dead and the Empire secure

* The Rebels win if the Hierarchy is overthrown and the Empire is in chaos

I'm a little confused about the High Priest's ability. I can see that it could be beneficial to the Hierarchy to "cull the herd" so to speak to raise the Vagabond's voting status, but otherwise it doesn't seem very helpful to the Hierarchy as I assume that he can't target the Rebels. (I suppose that if he thought the emperor and the warlord were still alive and that he thought the emperor was making a bad vote, he could kill off the emperor so as to increase the warlord's voting power. But I don't see that as a viable strategy for the Hierarchy. :P ) Which suggests a question: if the HP does sacrifice someone, since it happens during the day post, does that affect the voting? Would someone's votes get negated and someone else's get boosted?

As for the other stuff, I' have to think about it more and I don't currently have the time to devote to such thoughts. :(:wacko:

the HP would occur at the end of the day, along with the execution, so no voting effect until after

And yeah it's not the most beneficial activity, more of a last-resort thing, or if the High Priest wanted to do a coup of the E~C to gain spot #1 (protection, and power)... but I agree, the ability isn't a good one

So, x out the HP's ability - in that case, I need a new ability idea lol

The Aztec thing sounds cool but balance wise it seems a little in favor of the rebels. Between their regular kill and the tree frog assassinations every night they're getting two kills a night. The tree frog will work every night because of the jungle panther learning a role and telling it to the tree frog assassin. That combination is deadly because of the BTSC. Yes the emperor chief can kill each night also, but since he's killing blindly he's more likely to kill one of his own. Combine that with the high priest sacrifice and the hierarchy's number advantage will dwindle really fast.

I would suggest having the tribal sage with his herbal knowlege able to counter the tree frog assassination. I'm using a similar mechanic for pirate mafia but haven't tested it in action yet. I can let you know how it turns out.

Either that or limit the Jungle Panther. Learning a role each night on the mafia side is very powerful. They can learn the role of the person they kill each night, so if pressured in the voting the next day the rebels can claim that role with no counter claim from the Hierarchy since the person who had that role will be dead already and they're the only ones who know it.

So many different mafia games...so little time. :P

Anyway, just thought I'd point out that I made my own mafia game(sorta) based off of Heroes. If you hadn't noticed, check my signature. The rules are all written up(at least for characters) and while it has a similar mafia style, some of the rules are very different(BB helped a lot with some of them :D). It actually relates a lot to the show, so the abilities are similar and the storyline will be awesome.

It should be great, hopefully I can set it up soon. Check my sig for any updates! I'll probably end up doing what Itachi did for the signup. B))

Edited by Frost

So many different mafia games...so little time. :P

Anyway, just thought I'd point out that I made my own mafia game(sorta) based off of Heroes. If you hadn't noticed, check my signature. The rules are all written up(at least for characters) and while it has a similar mafia style, some of the rules are very different(BB helped a lot with some of them :D). It actually relates a lot to the show, so the abilities are similar and the storyline will be awesome.

It should be great, hopefully I can set it up soon. Check my sig for any updates! I'll probably end up doing what Itachi did for the signup. B))

Oooohhh....I call Peter Petrelli! :D

Jk...but it sounds cool. I'm sure you have it balanced, especially with Bb's help...I'm looking forward to it!

...but for amusement...I was thinking a while ago that they could make a MMORPG out of Heroes...but then everyone would want to be Peter Petrelli, and then no one would actually have any real powers...;P

:o :o :o

Heroes is my FAVOURITE SHOW! But I don't like Peter...I dunno why, I just don't. I like Hiro ^_^ I'd call him. Any idea when this will start? A month? I recomend when the new season starts, and we get some new characters. Thanks for combining my two favourite things into one! ;P

~Kat

:o :o :o

Heroes is my FAVOURITE SHOW! But I don't like Peter...I dunno why, I just don't. I like Hiro ^_^ I'd call him. Any idea when this will start? A month? I recomend when the new season starts, and we get some new characters. Thanks for combining my two favourite things into one! ;P

~Kat

Lol...you don't like Peter because you're not over 20...;P

But actually, it's not really about how likable he is...it's about how ridiculously many powers he has... :D

Lol...you don't like Peter because you're not over 20...;P

But actually, it's not really about how likable he is...it's about how ridiculously many powers he has... :D

Oh true, but I still like Hiro ^_^ I really hated Nikki/Jessica...she confused and creeped me out :o

~Kat