BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Beggar

unreality

Question

let me start if off with the Beggar I just came up with: (it's an expansion of the 5-day winner idea)

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day. When the Beggar has 5 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown for 5 role identities, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown to kill that night

Edited by bonanova

• Answers 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Looks like the innocents have the edge in this game. Does anyone know about a VII? I think he may take a break for a week. I should be able to participate if so. PG will not be around much anymore if at all so any questions will be directed to her profile. It is not our fault so if you lynched her, that was not why. Y-san is done it looks like. I will try to print up a new puzzle if there is time. cy'all8r.

Where is Puzzlegirl going?

Whats up?

PM if you like

Trying to get ppl to stop posting in the MafiaVI thread is like trying to heard cats.

Not going to happen.

When we read the posts to catch up and read something we must

reply to, most of us will just hit the reply at the base of that post.

We have no idea what else has been said after.

Doesnt have to make sense. Emotions trump reason in all of us.

We have all done it.

One of the reasons we all have used the edit button.

We are all human and all make mistakes.

Anyone who denies it is lying to themselves.

There is only one other thing we all do but we dont

admit to.

When you get older, you don't as often. Some never do it cuz they have someone. Some are to scared because they were told they will go to hades.

If people don't post something then they are killed as inactive. Instead of non-sense, it should be a defense -post or a suspicious reason of some sort.

Where is Puzzlegirl going?

Whats up?

PM if you like

All I can say is to read the about me portion of her profile. I will try to keep in touch.

Trying to get ppl to stop posting in the MafiaVI thread is like trying to heard cats.

Not going to happen.

When we read the posts to catch up and read something we must

reply to, most of us will just hit the reply at the base of that post.

We have no idea what else has been said after.

Doesnt have to make sense. Emotions trump reason in all of us.

We have all done it.

One of the reasons we all have used the edit button.

We are all human and all make mistakes.

Anyone who denies it is lying to themselves.

There is only one other thing we all do but we dont

admit to.

pretty much true - but we all shld try harder - or move it over to the discussion page, unfortuneately some of us have more emotiions than others - best the emotional ones never have to press the start war now button

Lets all just be rational rather than emotional - after all this is BrainDen

pretty much true - but we all shld try harder - or move it over to the discussion page, unfortuneately some of us have more emotiions than others - best the emotional ones never have to press the start war now button

I am very emotional... sometimes. But I can assure everyone that I will not be venting out my angers and everyday problems in Brainden. That "start war now" button is not goin to be pushed anytime soon. ;)

Edited by frozen_in_fire

PG, LIS

I cant say much at the moment (as a game is still in session)

but whould you guys quit whining and all will be revealed in good time

Sorry, if this offends you, but as I said it will all become clear

Edit: Addressed it correctly

Edited by phaze

phaze - forgive us if we dont wait for you and PG is having a break or returning to her old life - its not a whine, its a request for what is a RP game not a chat room - i realise a lot of members come here and have played on line games and had text chat, verbal chat too - but this is not a fight/battle forward only game - it is suttle and the roles are getting more complicated. Fine to have an evolving game but it is necessary to dig up posts, check time lines etc - some members are not bothering by scimming and it weakens the game i think

whine over for one night

post 453 here syas it all phaze - not that i dont like your distractions, but many players are posting nonsense of all kinds - and two mins after they posted they post again instead of editing - anyway - awaiting you enlightenment if no one else is joining this thread -

I am very emotional... sometimes. But I can assure everyone that I will not be venting out my angers and everyday problems in Brainden. That "start war now" button is not goin to be pushed anytime soon. ;)

Yeah...I've found letting my emotions out through creative expression as opposed to shouting is usually more constructive...and I end up with a nice story ;P

Yeah...I've found letting my emotions out through creative expression as opposed to shouting is usually more constructive...and I end up with a nice story ;P

So THAT's what that final stand story was all about... You were just pissed off at the world, I get it :P

So THAT's what that final stand story was all about... You were just pissed off at the world, I get it :P

Lol...no, not at the world, just at cheating...but I'm over it now...*sigh* I guess when ppl find themselves outmatched and backed into a corner they can do things that would be against their better judgment otherwise...;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

And now a word from our sponsor.....

How come every game has someone getting upset and arguing? I learned from my mistakes. Can't everyone just get along PEACEFULLY?

This would be a good time to join the peace club if, you have'nt already. Put yourself in the shoes of the victim and see the other side of things. We are going on 30 members soon. Make the change in your life for the better.

You'll be glad you did. Peace out.

Edited by akaslickster

Hey, so it seems like Unreality may need a break from hosting Mafia games, and I definitely need a break from playing them...LIS and I have been discussing hosting/cohosting the next Mafia (if that's okay with Unreality ;P)...we want to make it kinda futuristic/space themed...and make the days longer...

Some of the things we have so far are:

For the MAFIA, we have transformer bots called the M4F14 :P

For the QAs, we have the Quantum Accelerators who are time travelers who have traveled back in time to kill off the Mutant and change the course of history.

For the GR/Ninja combo, we have Zero and Seven, a cyborg hunting a genetically engineered super-soldier.

Seven's defender is the BioEngineer, his creator.

The Mutant is the replacement for Yeti/Phoenix/Sphinx and protects against Zero.

Replacing the Vagabond/Warlock/Inuit is the Mad Scientist who uses his disrupter ray to destroy the Quantum Accelerators.

Replacing the Bomb/SB is Robbie the Robot.

The Spy becomes the Hacker. Probably getting rid of the Inspector.

And I want to add an alien called the Mimic who kills and steals abilities for one day/night. His win condition is to kill off a baddie and satisfy their win condition the next day/night, i.e. killing off Zero and killing Seven.

Trying to figure out how to tweek the SV role to make it work...taking suggestions ;)

Hmmm...interesting stuff Y-S, but for one thing, I don't think you should get rid of the Inspector, that is one of the key roles of the game. And I think something like the Mimic was discussed once, I don't think it worked out well. Besides, I think we all need a break from mafia. Summer's ending, a lot of us won't be here as much(I know unreality will rarely be on, me not so much either). Those do sound like great ides though. :P

Ysan, have fun, though after Mafia VI's ending I'll be taking a break from Mafia and BD in general for a while (rarely coming on), though right now I am laying the groundwork for a massive awesome scavenger hunt ;D

I guess all the mafia players will have an advantage in that. :D

Ysan, have fun, though after Mafia VI's ending I'll be taking a break from Mafia and BD in general for a while (rarely coming on), though right now I am laying the groundwork for a massive awesome scavenger hunt ;D

Are you (b/c you prob could) post it in the "New Puzzles" section? I bet if it gets the feature spot on iGoogle it would bring in alot of new people AND get them active and into BD.

Lol, well, good luck...considering how many people wanted to lynch the Philosopher...:P Just kidding, it was fun...I liked working in a pair, maybe you could allow people to team up?

Anyways, could you tell/show me how to do the BTSC forum thing?

I also had some ideas for a mafia/survivor cross in the Quarky capital

where you play until only two players are left

votes would be PM'd in so they would be hidden

and the host would be involved in the game as "Master of All"

The only advantage the host would have is knowing all the roles (no night kill)

The disadvantage is that everyone would know his role from the outset

If they get lynched the game still continues

I was thinking of calling it "Heirs to Quarky" the storyline being that that because agents from Quarky only operate in twos the "Master of All" needs to find a crafty co-ruler or two sly replacements to rule the as the head of the Quarky nation.

All the players are drugged, are given implants to ensure that they all abide by the rules and then are placed in a dark room where they cannot identify each other. And then it begins...

Hey, so it seems like Unreality may need a break from hosting Mafia games, and I definitely need a break from playing them...LIS and I have been discussing hosting/cohosting the next Mafia (if that's okay with Unreality ;P)...we want to make it kinda futuristic/space themed...and make the days longer...

For the QAs, we have the Quantum Accelerators who are time travelers who have traveled back in time to kill off the Mutant and change the course of history.

For the GR/Ninja combo, we have Zero and Seven, a cyborg hunting a genetically engineered super-soldier.

The Mutant is the replacement for Yeti/Phoenix/Sphinx and protects against Zero.

Replacing the Vagabond/Warlock/Inuit is the Mad Scientist who uses his disrupter ray to destroy the Quantum Accelerators.

And I want to add an alien called the Mimic who kills and steals abilities for one day/night. His win condition is to kill off a baddie and satisfy their win condition the next day/night, i.e. killing off Zero and killing Seven.

Trying to figure out how to tweek the SV role to make it work...taking suggestions ;)

you could have the inspector be the analyst... Cohosting sounds fun ... mabey...jusst mabey i could cohost with someone else in somthing like mafia VIII

I was thinking that it should be like a village infested with werewolves.

Mafia: Werewolves

Spy: Psychic

Investegator: Seer

GR: remains the same.

Doctor: Guardian Angel

Healer: remains the same.

QAs: Nomads

Illusionist/Sphinx: Wizard/Demon

Other roles: ?

If you are assigning roles randomly, I would suggest not using the SV role unless ALL of your players are experienced at Mafia. It can be a difficult role to play and I wouldn't recommend it for a new player. If you don't assign roles randomly you can give the SV role to a particular player but then that wouldn't be fair to everyone and it could also lead to metagaming.

Actually while I was waiting for Mafia VI to finish I was working on a pirate themed mafia idea (cuz I like pirates), but a sci-fi themed one sounds cool too. I'm still trying to work out some balancing issues but feel free to use any of these ideas if you like. I got a lot of the ideas from other places too so they're not entirely original.

Pirate Mafia:

Takes place on a large ship. Instead of lynchings we have plankings. Players can vote to not plank anyone. If the majority votes to not plank anyone, then there is no planking for that day. Strong emphasis on night actions(will make for some epic night posts)... many roles are active at night, even for the innocents. Threw in some voting twists (Bartender, Gambler) to make the voting more interesting.

PIRATES: - Win by killing off all innocents. Know each other's identities and can communicate at night.

Pirate Lord - Always appears as an innocent if investigated, will show as pirate if planked.

Pirate Wench - Can select one person each night to "visit". That person fails to perform any actions for that night. (They were sorta... distracted.) Does not have any effect on Kraken. Takes precedence over all other night actions.

Copycat - Any night, not 2x in a row, can choose one person. Copycat gains that person's abilities for the current night and day, but still shows as pirate to investigation (Unless Pirate Lord ability is gained.). Target must still be living for abilities to work. Has no effect on Alchemist/Kraken/One-Eyed Jack.

Scallywag - Can escape from being planked once, as long as he is not the last living pirate.

Pirate Alchemist - During the day, not 2x in a row. Can PM a person's name AND role. If correct, that person dies from poison during the night if not treated by herbalist. If incorrect role is given, the wrong poison was used and the person will know they were poisoned. If treated by herbalist, announced in night post to everyone. Does not count as a night visit.

KRAKEN:

The Kraken - The Legendary Sea Monster, awakened by One-Eyed Jack in his youth. Kills on even nights. Immune for first night and day. Wins if it can kill One-Eyed Jack. If One-Eyed Jack is killed by some other means, the Kraken is out of the game.

CREW: - Win if all the Pirates are dead.

One-Eyed Jack - Former pirate who once awakened the Kraken, but has grown old and is now paranoid that the Kraken is after him. Is missing one eye, and can't see very well with the other. Will kill ANYONE who visits him during the night, except the Kraken. Cannot be pirate killed at night. Can still be planked/poisoned. Wins with innocents.

Bartender - The bartender is well-liked and respected among everyone on board. All his votes are counted double(triple if over 10 people alive). The bartender has an extensive knowledge of drinks and thus cannot be poisoned by the Alchemist. Will be informed if a poison attempt is made on him, but is not informed of the Alchemist's identity.

Doctor - Chooses one person each night to save. Can save self once per game. If that person would be killed by pirates that night, they are saved instead. Does not save from Poison/Kraken/One-Eyed Jack.

Navy Officer - Chooses one person each night to investigate. Will be told in morning if that person is (pirate/innocent/Kraken). [Knows identity of One-Eyed Jack].

Stowaway - Can visit one person each night and hide in their cabin. If that person is visited at night, the Stowaway will know who visited them.

Lookout - From up in the crow's nest, picks one person to watch each night. If that person visits someone at night, the lookout will know who they visited. Does not count as a visit.

Veteran - The veteran has been through many voyages and sea battles and is able to live through wounds that would kill most people. Can survive ONE night kill from pirates. Will still die from planking/poison/Kraken.

Swashbuckler - A master swordsman. Can choose one person each night to protect from pirates. Can choose self(defend). If pirates try to kill that person at night, an epic battle ensues. 50% chance the pirate is killed, 25% chance the swashbuckler is killed, 25% chance target is killed. When defending self, chances are 50/50. After used successfully, swashbuckler's identity is revealed during night post.

Herbalist - Each night can choose one person to visit and counteract poison.

Martyr - If planked, has option to choose one person to kill.

First Mate - If killed at night, identity is revealed and there can be a double planking the next day.

Gambler - (Semi-Independent) With his/her amazing luck, can escape from being planked once. Can visit one person each night to play games of chance. Person visited will end up owing a debt to the gambler and future votes against the gambler by that person will be nullified. Cannot visit same person twice. Debts are cleared if Gambler escapes a planking. Gambler wins if collects 5 debts. Otherwise will win with innocents.

Still working on balancing some of the roles, but would love to hear comments/suggestions.

If you are assigning roles randomly, I would suggest not using the SV role unless ALL of your players are experienced at Mafia. It can be a difficult role to play and I wouldn't recommend it for a new player. If you don't assign roles randomly you can give the SV role to a particular player but then that wouldn't be fair to everyone and it could also lead to metagaming.

Actually while I was waiting for Mafia VI to finish I was working on a pirate themed mafia idea (cuz I like pirates), but a sci-fi themed one sounds cool too. I'm still trying to work out some balancing issues but feel free to use any of these ideas if you like. I got a lot of the ideas from other places too so they're not entirely original.

Pirate Mafia:

Takes place on a large ship. Instead of lynchings we have plankings. Players can vote to not plank anyone. If the majority votes to not plank anyone, then there is no planking for that day. Strong emphasis on night actions(will make for some epic night posts)... many roles are active at night, even for the innocents. Threw in some voting twists (Bartender, Gambler) to make the voting more interesting.

PIRATES: - Win by killing off all innocents. Know each other's identities and can communicate at night.

Pirate Lord - Always appears as an innocent if investigated, will show as pirate if planked.

Pirate Wench - Can select one person each night to "visit". That person fails to perform any actions for that night. (They were sorta... distracted.) Does not have any effect on Kraken. Takes precedence over all other night actions.

Copycat - Any night, not 2x in a row, can choose one person. Copycat gains that person's abilities for the current night and day, but still shows as pirate to investigation (Unless Pirate Lord ability is gained.). Target must still be living for abilities to work. Has no effect on Alchemist/Kraken/One-Eyed Jack.

Scallywag - Can escape from being planked once, as long as he is not the last living pirate.

Pirate Alchemist - During the day, not 2x in a row. Can PM a person's name AND role. If correct, that person dies from poison during the night if not treated by herbalist. If incorrect role is given, the wrong poison was used and the person will know they were poisoned. If treated by herbalist, announced in night post to everyone. Does not count as a night visit.

KRAKEN:

The Kraken - The Legendary Sea Monster, awakened by One-Eyed Jack in his youth. Kills on even nights. Immune for first night and day. Wins if it can kill One-Eyed Jack. If One-Eyed Jack is killed by some other means, the Kraken is out of the game.

CREW: - Win if all the Pirates are dead.

One-Eyed Jack - Former pirate who once awakened the Kraken, but has grown old and is now paranoid that the Kraken is after him. Is missing one eye, and can't see very well with the other. Will kill ANYONE who visits him during the night, except the Kraken. Cannot be pirate killed at night. Can still be planked/poisoned. Wins with innocents.

Bartender - The bartender is well-liked and respected among everyone on board. All his votes are counted double(triple if over 10 people alive). The bartender has an extensive knowledge of drinks and thus cannot be poisoned by the Alchemist. Will be informed if a poison attempt is made on him, but is not informed of the Alchemist's identity.

Doctor - Chooses one person each night to save. Can save self once per game. If that person would be killed by pirates that night, they are saved instead. Does not save from Poison/Kraken/One-Eyed Jack.

Navy Officer - Chooses one person each night to investigate. Will be told in morning if that person is (pirate/innocent/Kraken). [Knows identity of One-Eyed Jack].

Stowaway - Can visit one person each night and hide in their cabin. If that person is visited at night, the Stowaway will know who visited them.

Lookout - From up in the crow's nest, picks one person to watch each night. If that person visits someone at night, the lookout will know who they visited. Does not count as a visit.

Veteran - The veteran has been through many voyages and sea battles and is able to live through wounds that would kill most people. Can survive ONE night kill from pirates. Will still die from planking/poison/Kraken.

Swashbuckler - A master swordsman. Can choose one person each night to protect from pirates. Can choose self(defend). If pirates try to kill that person at night, an epic battle ensues. 50% chance the pirate is killed, 25% chance the swashbuckler is killed, 25% chance target is killed. When defending self, chances are 50/50. After used successfully, swashbuckler's identity is revealed during night post.

Herbalist - Each night can choose one person to visit and counteract poison.

Martyr - If planked, has option to choose one person to kill.

First Mate - If killed at night, identity is revealed and there can be a double planking the next day.

Gambler - (Semi-Independent) With his/her amazing luck, can escape from being planked once. Can visit one person each night to play games of chance. Person visited will end up owing a debt to the gambler and future votes against the gambler by that person will be nullified. Cannot visit same person twice. Debts are cleared if Gambler escapes a planking. Gambler wins if collects 5 debts. Otherwise will win with innocents.

Still working on balancing some of the roles, but would love to hear comments/suggestions.

actually, this makes my werewolf idea sound like a piece of trash.