BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Beggar

unreality

Question

let me start if off with the Beggar I just came up with: (it's an expansion of the 5-day winner idea)

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day. When the Beggar has 5 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown for 5 role identities, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown to kill that night

Edited by bonanova

• Answers 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

*idea*

what about like an additional role like masked lovers but "identical twins"

so when one of them gets killed there's a 1/3 chance they die, 1/3 chance the attackers get wrong person so the other twin dies, and 1/3 chance that the attackers get wrong person and realise so they end up killing both twins

*idea*

what about like an additional role like masked lovers but "identical twins"

so when one of them gets killed there's a 1/3 chance they die, 1/3 chance the attackers get wrong person so the other twin dies, and 1/3 chance that the attackers get wrong person and realise so they end up killing both twins

wow that's a good idea!

I'm so bummed. Now that I finally have time and am reading Mafia VI, I so wish I could play! Of course, by tonight, I won't have anymore time to read until Monday. I don't think I'll ever have enough time to play, so I'm seriously disappointed!

unreality...you should come up with a shorter version, just for people like me who have less time on their hands...LOL

I ask for too much!

I kinda agree with Onetruth, I've got plenty of time to play during the weekdays, but since its the end of the summer and all, I've got trips planned almost every weekend. Since players being inactive ruins the game, I'm not going to commit to playing unless I know I can be active. If the games were shorter and more condensed, I'd be able to play.

Plus, after witnessing the events in Mafia VI today, I realized the full value of being active at the time posts are being made.

Of course, with so many people playing with different schedules and timezones, it's hard to coordinate times that work for everyone so I can definitely see the need for 24 hour days and nights. I'm just saying it would be nice to have a smaller, more condensed version... like Mafia Hyper Turbo Edition or something.

Onetruth cant' replace dnae for the same reason that I can't... we won't have time until Monday.

I am so ticked right now I could SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: And since I can’t vent on the Mafia VI thread, I am going to do it here.

I have several gripes about the Street Vendor role which I was assigned. But first, here’s the role description:

Street Vendor - the SV sells tacos, sausages, burritos, gorditos, wraps, pretzels and paninis out on the streets of Denbrain. However, he/she has lots of underworld contacts... the Mafia let him/her sell on this street, or that corner. They could dispatch him/her at any time (via a PM to me) for free. They don't know his/her identity, though. Anyway, back to the SV: they see everything that goes on at night. Who the Doctor/Healer/Phoenix/Defender saves, which QA (MoE or MoD) went after which target, as well as the Janitor's choice of person, the role, and then the decision whether to carry it out. The SV is also told the Innocent/Baddie role of each player that died during the night, as well as if a Masked Lover died during the night. The SV doesn't know anything about the Mafia safehouse, but gets to see who was Framed if a frame occurred, as well as who the Godfather collects info on (but not the result). The SV also knows who the MoE investigates (but not the result), as well as if the SB lie detects, but not who the SB lie detects and not if the MoD corrupts the result. Last but not least, the SV learns who the Grim Reaper used the death scent on, if anyone. Useful for the Innocents? You bet, unfortunately the SV is a contact for the Mafia, if you've forgotten. The SV, at any time, can PM me a message (containing data that the SV knows, but doesn't necessarily have to be telling the truth) which I send on to the Mafia. They can decide when they want to dispatch the SV, if at all. This is a complex and tough role to play, but rewarding

I’ll number my complaints to make them easier to digest:

1. there is absolutely no way that the SV could ever survive a game.

2. if the SV gave accurate info to the Mafia, he would be screwing the innocents and giving the Mafia the upperhand. But if he lies to the Mafia they find out and they kill him. If he manages to either please or fool the Mafia with his statements then he could possibly last a few days, but they would kill him to win the game.

3. if the SV shares his secrets with the innocents, thus revealing his identity, then he is either killed by the Mafia or put on the lynch list for fear that he is revealing too much information about the innocents to the Mafia

4. the role description says “They can decide when they want to dispatch the SV.” This can be interpreted two ways:

a. the way I interpreted it: that the mafia would “send out” the SV to do some sort of dirty work on their behalf

b. the way I did NOT interpret it, but obviously the definition intended: that the mafia would “do away with” the SV at any time

Having misunderstood my position as the SV, I made a stupid mistake and tried to bargain with the mafia. Hmmm…no wonder they didn’t take the bait?!!

5. the SV is a “free kill” for the mafia. It’s basically like handing them an innocent, that they don’t have to bother doing any research on, for them to remove from the game to weaken the innocents majority rule.

6. if the SV does not know the Mafia’s identities. Therefore the SV could mistakenly vote for a Mafioso during the lynching and, guess what…gets killed! But if the SV votes against the majority of innocents to lynch a baddie (as commanded by the mafia) then the SV is targeted as a baddie and, guess what…gets killed!!

7. Rewarding, my @$$!

Schew, now that I got that off my chest I feel much better! :D

I saw all of this coming when I noticed all of the pages to read and I said to myself because of the complexity factor it will cause some confusion and maybe more arguments. Well Sometimes we bite off more than we can chew. Not to mention any names. I was hoping for a simple game with less people and vacations/off days etc. I always took into consideration all of the hard work that goes into the hosting. If I was peed off, then I would try to create less trouble in the following game. I notice that each game gets more hairy with the complaints and bickering. I myself am glad I took a break from all of the raucus. Now princess PG you behave and act your age. Or no smooching later.

I am so ticked right now I could SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: And since I can’t vent on the Mafia VI thread, I am going to do it here.

I have several gripes about the Street Vendor role which I was assigned. But first, here’s the role description:

I’ll number my complaints to make them easier to digest:

1. there is absolutely no way that the SV could ever survive a game.

2. if the SV gave accurate info to the Mafia, he would be screwing the innocents and giving the Mafia the upperhand. But if he lies to the Mafia they find out and they kill him. If he manages to either please or fool the Mafia with his statements then he could possibly last a few days, but they would kill him to win the game.

3. if the SV shares his secrets with the innocents, thus revealing his identity, then he is either killed by the Mafia or put on the lynch list for fear that he is revealing too much information about the innocents to the Mafia

4. the role description says “They can decide when they want to dispatch the SV.” This can be interpreted two ways:

a. the way I interpreted it: that the mafia would “send out” the SV to do some sort of dirty work on their behalf

b. the way I did NOT interpret it, but obviously the definition intended: that the mafia would “do away with” the SV at any time

Having misunderstood my position as the SV, I made a stupid mistake and tried to bargain with the mafia. Hmmm…no wonder they didn’t take the bait?!!

5. the SV is a “free kill” for the mafia. It’s basically like handing them an innocent, that they don’t have to bother doing any research on, for them to remove from the game to weaken the innocents majority rule.

6. if the SV does not know the Mafia’s identities. Therefore the SV could mistakenly vote for a Mafioso during the lynching and, guess what…gets killed! But if the SV votes against the majority of innocents to lynch a baddie (as commanded by the mafia) then the SV is targeted as a baddie and, guess what…gets killed!!

7. Rewarding, my @$$!

Schew, now that I got that off my chest I feel much better! :D

The Street Vendor is not a role that everyone is going to enjoy playing. It is arguably the hardest role in Mafia VI to play, since it takes a very crafty and diplomatic person to be able to play it well. Yes, you are pretty much guaranteed to die at some point during the game if you are playing as the SV, the mafia can just kill you whenever they feel like it. The idea is not to make them want to kill you since you can give them information, yet you still want the innocents to win. Even though the SV might die, you still win if the innocents win. You have to think of Mafia as a team game and not of an "I want to stay alive" game. Look at the suicide bomber and the shaman in previous games, they both had abilities that can sacrifice themselves for the good of the team, and can really make a difference in the game. Yes, being dead is no fun, but at least your team still wins. You kind of have to play both sides and walk a fine line between the two. It can be rewarding but only if you accept the fact that you're going to die at some point.

Unreality clarified the "dispatch" rule many times in the signup/discussion thread. Even if you didn't understand it, you could always have PM'ed and asked for clarification. The dispatch rule is necessary to balance out the role. If the SV had that much knowledge and couldn't be killed off easily it would be far too unfair to the mafia side.

You do have a valid point about the sharing of the information... I can see how it would be difficult for the SV to share information without being noticed. Perhaps if the SV had BTSC with one of the innocents it would make the role easier to play. As it is you have to gain the innocents trust without attracting the mafia's attention, and somehow disseminate information to them in such a way that the mafia doesn't realize you're the SV.

I'm not playing in this game so my opinion on this is purely neutral.

Sinistral captured the point of the role

oh and the goal isn't so much to find a way to reveal your information to the Innocents (this would be hard and no guarantee the Mafia wouldn't realize it too), but to misinform the Mafia while somehow staying alive. Much of the SV's life depends on how much the Mafia want/need the information, and how trigger-itchy they are. It's very tempting to off an Innocent for free, but the SV is also a potential wealth of knowledge. The SV has to play the Mafia in that way and manage to get away with helping the Innocents via the PMs to the Mafia while still staying out of the Mafia's crosshairs. No matter which side wins, the SV will die, that's pretty clear- the Mafia need to dispatch them to win, and if the Mafia is gonna die, they'd probably dispatch the SV as a final gift- not only would this just be to hurt the Innocents by losing them one, but more, cuz if the Mafia were dead the SV could fearlessly spill the beans on their info and make it hard for other baddies to win- including the new Mafia if the Yakuza replace the Mafia. But then the Yakuza would be new Mafia and would have the new Mafia ability to dispatch the SV, so maybe not. Anyway, the point is that the SV will die at some point, for sure. It's not about a single person staying alive, it's about helping your team

My wifey is here thelling me that....

* Gpr133 (Mus musculus): G protein-coupled receptor 133 is a mouse

* GPR133 (Homo sapiens): G protein-coupled receptor 133 a human

* GPR133 (Gallus gallus): G protein-coupled receptor 133 a rooster

she's too damn smart for her own good...

she starts talking all this stuff I cant keep up with.

Those damn puerto ricans :wub:

and shes a public audiovisual and young adult librarian that wants to be a medical librarian too.

So I sit here with tons of anime manga graphic novel stuff.....

strangers in paradise I am hooked on now.

I suggest to you all to read #1 book of the year Fun Home by Alison Bechdel.

Sinistral captured the point of the role

You're right, both of you. I am just not a clever enough player to pull it off. I thought I might be, but I was wrong. And I know that I shouldn't be so selfish about wanting to be alive for the win...it's just that I want to be alive period. I'm just totally bummed because I've never had a chance to really play (I know, I know...it's because I suck at the game!) Anyhow, I think Mafia is awesome and I enjoy following along even when I don't get to play. And, UR, I hope you know that I think you're awesome too. ;D <-- pirate smile

:P You're not a sucky player

Anyway... everyone check out my (The Philosopher's) blog, with a complete description of the scavenger hunt (which is over ;D)

Awww...man, it's over. Oh well, at least I made it the whole way through. :P