BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Beggar

unreality

Question

let me start if off with the Beggar I just came up with: (it's an expansion of the 5-day winner idea)

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day. When the Beggar has 5 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown for 5 role identities, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown to kill that night

Edited by bonanova

• Answers 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have to disagree with pw0nzd and say that I do think that the character is more balanced than the bomb. With only three mafia members to start, once one member is killed the bomb becomes an incredibly powerful innocent. The QAs have no interest in taking on the bomb and will ignore him/her and the GR also has no interest in risking his/her own hide attacking the bomb. By making the GR invincible against the Suicide Bomber, the GR may be more interested in going after him/her. Though there still is the issue of motive; the GR has no reason to go after the bomb/Suicide Bomber. Maybe the mafia can find some way to strike a deal with the GR to get the SB out of the way for them, but I'm not sure how they would arrange the deal on the public mafia thread.

remember the Bankroller's new ability? :P (which hasn't been used yet in Mafia V, oddly. It will probably be used tonight)

So the main problems I see right now is that the bomb is overpowered when there are only three mafia in the game, but if replaced by the Suicide Bomber, the GR still has no reason to kill the SB, even though the GR is safe in doing so. It seems like if your going to make the SB weak against the GR, there has to be a reason for the GR to care.

Also, would the SB know the identity of the Inspector?

they would probably know the Inspector. And about the GR, the GR doesn't care. They're not "against" each other- it's just taking away the GR's danger factor of picking the SB.

I think this could be a good role. It will be more interesting for the bomb, who would have the option of taking positive action, rather than waiting around to die - plus the chance of NOT dying in the explosion! - Hey, in that case, would the SB be able to use the ability again?

yep :D

I think this could be a good role. It will be more interesting for the bomb, who would have the option of taking positive action, rather than waiting around to die - plus the chance of NOT dying in the explosion! - Hey, in that case, would the SB be able to use the ability again?

yep :D

Now I like it even more!

my stuff on Mafia VI so far (with the VOTING HELP chopped off the end lol)

Mafia VI

** set in Denbrain **

Basic Overview: Baddies (and Ninja) strike at night, while the Innocents try to lynch them during the day by majority vote

RULES:

1) only play if you've read the rules, the roles, the strategy tips and previous Mafia games!!! You need to know what you're getting into and how much time it takes up :D

2) no PMing behind the scenes!!!! Not only is this one of the stupidest things you could do in Mafia (you don't know who you're giving your role to and who is asking for your role, etc), even if you do know another person's role (or think you do) you can't PM them behind the scenes OR CONTACT THEM IN ANY WAY. There are notable exceptions, which will be mentioned later. If you aren't one of the exceptions, forget about BTSC (behind-the-scenes-contact)

3) each day in Mafia-time will finish 24 hours after the night post, and if you haven't voted/discussed/participated/etc during that time, you will be out of the game for inactivity. This time is set in stone and will be the end time no matter if everyone is done voting before this. Each night will end 18 hours after the day ends, however if I get all the necessary PMs in before the 18 hours, I will do the night post then. I'll probably extend night post estimates to when I'm awake and stuff (ie, I might say "night post in 20 hours" if I know I'll be awake and ready in 20 hours)

4) please don't be rude ;D be nice and courteous and respectful

5) after you die, you can post in the topic, but only once (it's called your "ghost post") not about anything important- ie, you can't reveal your role, make arguments, take part in strategy discussions, etc. And you have to post in GRAY!

6) Mafia is fun :D I will be choosing the final roster of 21 players, picking from the signer-uppers very carefully. I don't want to leave anyone out, but I don't want to have any inactives. If you weren't picked, it may be that we just don't have any room, and I won't be accepting any late-joiners either, it messes up the game (cough Mafia 1 cough Mafia III). We do have a backup list, though. So please keep that in mind, and also Mafia is a game of elimination, sort of... so don't be mad or sad if/when you die :P

7) this rule may be unnecessary but you should never challenge the host ;D hehehehe

now for the best part...

ROLES:

21 peope: 8 baddies, 13 Innocents

baddies:

* 3 Mafiosos (Godfather, Thief, Bankroller) - know who each other are. Can converse freely all the time. The Mafia kills each night. Each of the Mafiosos' special abilities are useable any night but not 2 nights in a row

* 2 Quarky Agents (Master of Espionage, Master of Deception) - do not know who each other are (at first). The QAs kill each night. Must have both to kill. If they do both pick the same person, they get BTSC

* 2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei) - a new gang in Denbrain who have BTSC, straight out of the archipelagos of the Far East

* 1 Grim Reaper - a solo spectre of darkness who kills every even-numbered night. Invincible for first night and first day

win conditions for baddies:

* Mafia - kill everyone except Mafiosos

* QAs - kill the Phoenix. However, Lord Phoenix is invincible to the QAs until his/her transformation after the GR dies. If the QAs fail to kill the Phoenix somehow, they are immediately notified (and are allowed to PM each other) and a secondary mission is given: lynch a specific person the next day (the person is chosen randomly by me and is not a QA). If the QAs fail the secondary mission, their aliases are discovered and they are mass-lynched along with the actual person being lynched

* Yakuza - the Yakuza have their own gang goals, but if their goals fail, they will team up with the Mafia. The goals are unknown to the Innocents, but everyone will be notified if the Yakuza fail, and after that the Yakuza will win with the Mafia, but NOT be able to contact the Mafia

* GR - kill the Ninja. If the Grim Reaper fails to kill the Ninja (ie, the Ninja dies some other way), the GR is outta the game

mafia special roles:

* Godfather - [any night, not 2x in a row] see the faction of 1 person (a faction is: mafia/innocent/QA/yakuza/GR)

* Thief - [any night, not 2x in a row] steal from 1 person and assume their identity the next day if the Spy investigates or if Inspector is getting the Thief's identity PMed the next day

* Bankroller - [any night, not 2x in a row] send the host a message which will be posted in the night post- ie, a "message from the Mafia"

*** All Mafia abilities must be PMed to me separately before the night is over. I won't wait for a decision on whether or not to use the abilitity. Same with the SB's lie-detect & suicide-bomb abilities

**** Special Mafia Wipeout: if the Mafia are sure of the Inspector's identity, they can do a "wipeout" where they all come and kill the Inspector. The Wipeout is INSTEAD of a normal Mafia kill. Protection roles and saving roles are ignored during the Wipeout. However, if the Mafia were WRONG about the Inspector, anyone present gang up on the Mafia and it's a Mafia-wipeout, the other way around

Quarky Agent roles:

* Master of Deception - if the SB lie-detects a statement by or about the MoD, the MoD can decide what my reply will be (true, false, does not know)

* Master of Espionage - can spy on one person every night. Gets told "innocent" or "baddie". Can be influenced by the Thief

Yakuza roles:

* Oyabun - the master of the small Yakuza crime ring. The Oyabun's ability is similar to the Bankroller's, and it can also be used any night, but not 2 nights in a row

* Shatei - a common goon of the Yakuza. Has no abilities, but if the Oyabun dies before the Shatei, the Shatei takes the Oyabun's place and gains the Oyabun's ability

Innocents: win by killing all the baddies. Each Innocent has a special role...

saving roles = Doctor, Healer, Lord Phoenix

* Doctor - save one person each night. Not same person 2x in a row. Can save self only once

* Healer - same as Doctor, but different methods of medicine

* Lord Phoenix - [cannot be killed by QAs] the master of Denbrain. Little do people know, Lord Phoenix is actually a real phoenix- a bird of fire. This fiery phantasm is capable of repelling the spectral Grim Reaper, and Lord Phoenix takes full use of this, saving people on even nights from the Grim Reaper. Once the Grim Reaper dies, Lord Phoenix will discover his/her true calling as 'the Phoenix', and transform permanently into the firebird, and discover another purpose (which has to do with saving people, but the common Innocent doesn't know what it is). However, after this transformation, Lord Phoenix becomes vulnerable to the QAs

discovery roles = Inspector, Spy, Suicide Bomber

* Inspector - gets PMed, every day, a baddie identity in this order: Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA. The order is determined at the beginning of the game by me randomly, so dead people may be included. The Inspector is fresh out of Pengville and is not familiar with how the Yakuza works, and of course the GR is un-Inspectable

* Spy - PMs me one player each day, I reveal their role, but not specific role within a baddie faction. If they are Innocent, however, the role-reveal is as specific as possible

* Suicide Bomber - [knows Inspector & is known by Mafia] the Suicide Bomber is an ex-terrorist who is now sided with the Innocents. At any point DURING THE DAY ONLY, the SB can PM to me a victim, and both the SB and the victim die in the explosion. I will make it unclear which of the two was the SB and which of the two was the victim. There is a 1/4 chance that the SB will survive, and a 1/4 that the victim will survive- those events are independent so there is a 1/16 chance both will survive. Again, it will be unknown which of the two (SB or victim) that any survivor(s) are. When the SB PMs in the target, they can either choose to have it announced immediately, or in the day post. If the SB is lynched, they'll be PMed a prompt if they want to blow someone up at the lynching, otherwise it's a normal lynching. If the SB is killed at night, there is a 2/3 chance they will blow up and kill a random one of their attackers. The explosion does not affect the Grim Reaper whether done at night or in the day, so the Grim Reaper will be seen as one of the "survivors" if at day, or if at night, the Grim Reaper will just scythe down the SB as if the 1/3 chance of no explosion occurred. Also, the Suicide Bomber, being an ex-terrorist, is highly skilled at torture and knows when people are lying. Any night, but not 2 nights in a row, the SB can pick one TRUE/FALSE statement that someone has said and PMs it in. I will tell them one of three options: (1) TRUE, (2) FALSE, or (3) the person who said this statement does not know whether it is true or false

killing roles = Ninja and his/her Defender

* Defender - [knows who Ninja is] no special powers on their own. No matter when the Defender dies, his/her role is revealed

* Ninja - [does not know who Defender is] ancient warrior and nemesis of the Grim Reaper. While the Defender is alive, the Ninja cannot be killed at night, but the Ninja can be lynched any time. The Ninja kills for the Innocents on odd nights except the 1st night. When/if the Defender dies, the Ninja is vulnerable at night

other roles = Janitor, Vagabond, ??, ??, ??

* Janitor - the Janitor, after his/her many years of watching and learning, has adopted many vital skills. Each night, I roll a 6-sided dice to determine the action of the Janitor (saving, killing, guarding [1/2 kill attacker, 1/2 die for the charge], discovering specific role, impersonating, or free choice of the previous 5 if a 6 is rolled). The Janitor picks a person other than themself and then I tell them what the action is, to which they can either decline or carry out the action (or choose the action to carry out, if I rolled a 6)

* Vagabond - also known as the Wanderer, the Vagabond wanders around the world, and has seen the ruthless expansion of Quarky, and thus is aligned against the Quarky Agents. The Vagabond, from his/her travel experiences, knows a way to tag suspects, and if the tagged person is a QA, they will dissolved by the taggant chemical the next day (regardless of whether the Vagabond is still alive). The Vagabond is a semi-independent character and wins by killing BOTH Quarky Agents in this manner. Otherwise, the Vagabond wins with the Innocents

* ??

* ??

* ??

Additional Roles:

These are roles that are independent of your main role...

* Tiebreaker - randomly determined by me. If there is a lynching tie, and the Tiebreaker is on one of the tying sides, that side wins. If there is a tie but the Tiebreaker is NOT on one of the tying sides, someone has to switch to break the tie

* Masked Lovers - these tragic romantics don't know who the other Lover is, but if one of the Lovers is lynched, they recognize their Lover and the two die together. The Lovers, being tragic and all, consist of 1 Mafioso and 1 Innocent. Thus both Lovers are informed that they are a Lover, but not the identity of their fellow Lover

BTSC:

* Mafia has BTSC

* the two QAs only get BTSC after they both pick the same person to kill

* the Doctor and Healer get BTSC if:

** they both save the same person

** they both save each other

** one of them saves the other

* the Spy and Inspector get BTSC if:

** the Spy spies on the Inspector

** the Inspector gets the Spy's name PMed, ie this would only happen if the Thief used his/her ability on the spy

I'm thinking that the Shatei should have an ability, but just a "once in the course of the entire game" ability, just so they can do something, other than (MAYBE) just die after the other Yakuza.

BTW, do the Yakuza get to BTSC?

Edited by Brandonb

what do you guys think of the Beggar? I'm thinking it's not such a good idea, but I put it in just for discussion:

Mafia VI

** set in Denbrain **

Basic Overview: Baddies (and Ninja) strike at night, while the Innocents try to lynch them during the day by majority vote

RULES:

1) only play if you've read the rules, the roles, the strategy tips and previous Mafia games!!! You need to know what you're getting into and how much time it takes up :D

2) no PMing behind the scenes!!!! Not only is this one of the stupidest things you could do in Mafia (you don't know who you're giving your role to and who is asking for your role, etc), even if you do know another person's role (or think you do) you can't PM them behind the scenes OR CONTACT THEM IN ANY WAY. There are notable exceptions, which will be mentioned later. If you aren't one of the exceptions, forget about BTSC (behind-the-scenes-contact)

3) each day in Mafia-time will finish 24 hours after the night post, and if you haven't voted/discussed/participated/etc during that time, you will be out of the game for inactivity. This time is set in stone and will be the end time no matter if everyone is done voting before this. Each night will end 18 hours after the day ends, however if I get all the necessary PMs in before the 18 hours, I will do the night post then. I'll probably extend night post estimates to when I'm awake and stuff (ie, I might say "night post in 20 hours" if I know I'll be awake and ready in 20 hours)

5) after you die, you can post in the topic, but only once (it's called your "ghost post") not about anything important- ie, you can't reveal your role, make arguments, take part in strategy discussions, etc. And you have to post in GRAY!

6) Mafia is fun :D I will be choosing the final roster of 21 players, picking from the signer-uppers very carefully. I don't want to leave anyone out, but I don't want to have any inactives. If you weren't picked, it may be that we just don't have any room, and I won't be accepting any late-joiners either, it messes up the game (cough Mafia 1 cough Mafia III). We do have a backup list, though. So please keep that in mind, and also Mafia is a game of elimination, sort of... so don't be mad or sad if/when you die :P

7) this rule may be unnecessary but you should never challenge the host ;D hehehehe

now for the best part...

ROLES:

baddies:

* 3 Mafiosos (Godfather, Thief, Bankroller) - know who each other are. Can converse freely all the time. The Mafia kills each night. Each of the Mafiosos' special abilities are useable any night but not 2 nights in a row

* 2 Quarky Agents (Master of Espionage, Master of Deception) - do not know who each other are (at first). The QAs kill each night. Must have both to kill. If they do both pick the same person, they get BTSC

* 2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei) - a new gang in Denbrain who have BTSC, straight out of the archipelagos of the Far East

* 1 Grim Reaper - a solo spectre of darkness who kills every even-numbered night. Invincible for first night and first day

* QAs - kill the Phoenix. However, Lord Phoenix is invincible to the QAs until his/her transformation after the GR dies. If the QAs fail to kill the Phoenix somehow, they are immediately notified (and are allowed to PM each other) and a secondary mission is given: lynch a specific person the next day (the person is chosen randomly by me and is not a QA). If the QAs fail the secondary mission, their aliases are discovered and they are mass-lynched along with the actual person being lynched

* Yakuza - the Yakuza have their own gang goals, but if their goals fail, they will team up with the Mafia. The goals are unknown to the Innocents (and every other non-Yakuza baddie), but everyone will be notified if the Yakuza fail, and after that the Yakuza will win with the Mafia, but NOT be able to contact the Mafia

* GR - kill the Ninja. If the Grim Reaper fails to kill the Ninja (ie, the Ninja dies some other way), the GR is outta the game

mafia special roles:

* Godfather - [any night, not 2x in a row] see the faction of 1 person (a faction is: mafia/innocent/QA/yakuza/GR)

* Thief - [any night, not 2x in a row] steal from 1 person and assume their identity the next day if the Spy investigates or if Inspector is getting the Thief's identity PMed the next day

* Bankroller - [any night, not 2x in a row] send the host a message which will be posted in the night post- ie, a "message from the Mafia"

*** All Mafia abilities must be PMed to me separately before the night is over. I won't wait for a decision on whether or not to use the abilitity. Same with the SB's lie-detect & suicide-bomb abilities

**** Special Mafia Wipeout: if the Mafia are sure of the Inspector's identity, they can do a "wipeout" where they all come and kill the Inspector. The Wipeout is INSTEAD of a normal Mafia kill. Protection roles and saving roles are ignored during the Wipeout. However, if the Mafia were WRONG about the Inspector, anyone present gang up on the Mafia and it's a Mafia-wipeout, the other way around

Quarky Agent roles:

* Master of Deception - if the SB lie-detects a statement by or about the MoD, the MoD can decide what my reply will be (true, false, does not know)

* Master of Espionage - can spy on one person every night. Gets told "innocent" or "baddie". Can be influenced by the Thief

Yakuza roles:

* Oyabun - the master of the small Yakuza crime ring. The Oyabun's ability is similar to the Bankroller's, and it can also be used any night, but not 2 nights in a row

* Shatei - a common goon of the Yakuza. Has no abilities, but if the Oyabun dies before the Shatei, the Shatei takes the Oyabun's place and gains the Oyabun's ability

* Doctor - save one person each night. Not same person 2 nights in a row. Can save self only once

* Lord Phoenix - [cannot be killed by QAs] the master of Denbrain. Little do people know, Lord Phoenix is actually a real phoenix- a bird of fire. This fiery phantasm is capable of repelling the spectral Grim Reaper, and Lord Phoenix takes full use of this, saving people on even nights from the Grim Reaper. Once the Grim Reaper dies, Lord Phoenix will discover his/her true calling as 'the Phoenix', and transform permanently into the firebird, and discover another purpose (which has to do with saving people, but the common Innocent doesn't know what it is). However, after this transformation, Lord Phoenix becomes vulnerable to the QAs

* Inspector - [knows Suicide Bomber] gets PMed, every day, a baddie identity in this order: Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA. The order is determined at the beginning of the game by me randomly, so dead people may be included. The Inspector is fresh out of Pengville and is not familiar with how the Yakuza works, and of course the GR is un-Inspectable

* Spy - PMs me one player each day, I reveal their role, but not specific role within a baddie faction. If they are Innocent, however, the role-reveal is as specific as possible

* Suicide Bomber - [knows Inspector & is known by Mafia] the Suicide Bomber is an ex-terrorist who is now sided with the Innocents. At any point DURING THE DAY ONLY, the SB can PM to me a victim, and both the SB and the victim die in the explosion. I will make it unclear which of the two was the SB and which of the two was the victim. There is a 1/4 chance that the SB will survive, and a 1/4 that the victim will survive- those events are independent so there is a 1/16 chance both will survive. Again, it will be unknown which of the two (SB or victim) that any survivor(s) are. When the SB PMs in the target, they can either choose to have it announced immediately, or in the day post. If the SB is lynched, they'll be PMed a prompt if they want to blow someone up at the lynching, otherwise it's a normal lynching. If the SB is killed at night, there is a 2/3 chance they will blow up and kill a random one of their attackers. The explosion does not affect the Grim Reaper whether done at night or in the day, so the Grim Reaper will be seen as one of the "survivors" if at day, or if at night, the Grim Reaper will just scythe down the SB as if the 1/3 chance of no explosion occurred. Also, the Suicide Bomber, being an ex-terrorist, is highly skilled at torture and knows when people are lying. Any night, but not 2 nights in a row, the SB can pick one TRUE/FALSE statement that someone has said and PMs it in. I will tell them one of three options: (1) TRUE, (2) FALSE, or (3) the person who said this statement does not know whether it is true or false

* Defender - [knows who Ninja is] no special powers on their own. No matter when the Defender dies, his/her role is revealed

* Ninja - [does not know who Defender is] ancient warrior and nemesis of the Grim Reaper. While the Defender is alive, the Ninja cannot be killed at night, but the Ninja can be lynched any time. The Ninja kills for the Innocents on odd nights except the 1st night. When/if the Defender dies, the Ninja is vulnerable at night

other roles = Janitor, Vagabond, Beggar, ??, ??

* Janitor - the Janitor, after his/her many years of watching and learning, has adopted many vital skills. Each night, I roll a 6-sided dice to determine the action of the Janitor (saving, killing, guarding [1/2 kill attacker, 1/2 die for the charge], discovering specific role, impersonating, or free choice of the previous 5 if a 6 is rolled). The Janitor picks a person other than themself and then I tell them what the action is, to which they can either decline or carry out the action (or choose the action to carry out, if I rolled a 6)

* Vagabond - also known as the Wanderer, the Vagabond wanders around the world, and has seen the ruthless expansion of Quarky, and thus is aligned against the Quarky Agents. The Vagabond, from his/her travel experiences, knows a way to tag suspects, and if the tagged person is a QA, they will dissolved by the taggant chemical the next day (regardless of whether the Vagabond is still alive). The Vagabond is a semi-independent character and wins by killing BOTH Quarky Agents in this manner. Otherwise, the Vagabond wins with the Innocents

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day from empathic passerby. When the Beggar has 4 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown

for the specific roles of 4 players, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown at night to kill someone that night

* ??

* ??

Additional Roles:

* Tiebreaker - randomly determined by me. If there is a lynching tie, and the Tiebreaker is on one of the tying sides, that side wins. If there is a tie but the Tiebreaker is NOT on one of the tying sides, someone has to switch to break the tie

* Masked Lovers - these tragic romantics don't know who the other Lover is, but if one of the Lovers is lynched, they recognize their Lover and the two die together. The Lovers, being tragic and all, consist of 1 Mafioso and 1 Innocent. Thus both Lovers are informed that they are a Lover, but not the identity of their fellow Lover

BTSC:

* Mafia has BTSC

* Yakuza has BTSC

* the Inspector and Suicide Bomber have full BTSC all the time

Interesting addition of a 4th type of baddie

I think M-V is not as well-balanced as you'd like it to be. Not appropriate to talk about that yet - the imbalances will probably make themselves obvious as the game progresses. But I don't see them fixed for M-VI. More discussion needed post M-V. :)

Mafia VI

** set in Denbrain **

RULES:

now for the best part...

ROLES:

baddies:

* 2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei) - a new gang in Denbrain who have BTSC, straight out of the archipelagos of the Far East. The Yakuza kills on odd nights only, until absorbed by the expanding Mafia crime family

* Yakuza - the Yakuza have their own gang goals, but if their goals fail, they will team up with the Mafia. The goals are unknown to the Innocents (and every other non-Yakuza baddie), but everyone will be notified if the Yakuza fail, and after that the Yakuza will win with the Mafia, but NOT be able to contact the Mafia

mafia special roles:

Quarky Agent roles:

Yakuza roles:

* Oyabun - the master of the small Yakuza crime ring. The Oyabun's ability is similar to the Bankroller's, and it can also be used any night, but not 2 nights in a row. The Oyabun's messages may contain special code that has to do with the Yakuza's goal

* Doctor - save one person each night. Not same person 2 nights in a row. Can save self only once

* Inspector - [knows Suicide Bomber] gets PMed, every day, a baddie identity in this order: Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA, Mafia, QA. The order is determined at the beginning of the game by me randomly, so dead people may be included. The Inspector is fresh out of Pengville and is not familiar with how the Yakuza works, and of course the GR is un-Inspectable

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day from empathic passerby. When the Beggar has 4 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown

for the specific roles of 4 players, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown at night to kill someone that night

* ??

* ??

Additional Roles:

BTSC:

* Mafia has BTSC

* Yakuza has BTSC

~~~~

the Doc/Healer should have more saving power, I think. I'm thinking they should each get 3 "bonus saves" they can use at any time

So the yakuza dont kill each night? And one of them has no special? Seems a little weak to me. Then again I'm not sure what their goals are exactly.

How about if the Shatei is a cancellation type who can rough up one target either force them into silence or cancel out a night ability?

Picks one person every night, or every other night... and they rough them up so that either they cannot speak at all the next day, or their night ability is negated... i.e. doctor gets roughed up by yakuza so he fails to heal for that night.

Then if the yakuza fail their goal, (whatever that might be). Shatei must cut off his pinky finger to apologize for messing up and loses all abilities.

Mafia VI

** Gangs of Denbrain **

RULES:

now for the best part...

ROLES:

baddies:

* 2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei) - a new gang in Denbrain who have BTSC, straight out of the archipelagos of the Far East. The Yakuza kills on even nights only, until absorbed by the expanding Mafia crime family

mafia special roles:

Quarky Agent roles:

Yakuza roles:

* Oyabun - the master of the small Yakuza crime ring. The Oyabun's ability is similar to the Bankroller's, and it can also be used any night, but not 2 nights in a row. The Oyabun's messages may contain special code that has to do with the Yakuza's goal

* Doctor - save one person each night. Not same person 2 nights in a row. Can save self only once. Gets a bonus save on even nights which saves against everyone except the GR

* ??

* ??

Additional Roles:

BTSC:

* Mafia has BTSC

* Yakuza has BTSC

Mafia VI

** Gangs of Denbrain **

Any chance you can highlight, or otherwise make known, what you've changed in each revision? It all starts to look the same after a while.

Have you rejected the policeman as one of the other roles? or are you still considering it?