BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Beggar

unreality

Question

let me start if off with the Beggar I just came up with: (it's an expansion of the 5-day winner idea)

* Beggar - gets 1 gold Phoenix Crown every day. When the Beggar has 5 Phoenix Crowns, he has enough money to pack up and move to the tropics (ie, he wins). However, the Beggar can exchange a Phoenix Crown for 5 role identities, which he can use to his advantage in lynchings and stuff to try to prolong the game. The Beggar can also exchange a Phoenix Crown to kill that night

Edited by bonanova

• Answers 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yes, yes, EVERYONE wants to be my masked lover. But back to my idea... I think it would be awesome to have someone who starts out as an innocent and if targeted by the baddies, becomes a baddie. Perhaps the way they could win is to either win with the innocents, OR if turned into a baddie, to win by having the innocents try to lynch him. That would be intense.

EDIT: oh wait, that wouldn't work would it? Okay he wins along with either the innocents or the baddies depending on what his character is at the time.

Edited by puzzlegirl

yes, yes, EVERYONE wants to be my masked lover. But back to my idea... I think it would be awesome to have someone who starts out as an innocent and if targeted by the baddies, becomes a baddie. Perhaps the way they could win is to either win with the innocents, OR if turned into a baddie, to win by having the innocents try to lynch him. That would be intense.

EDIT: oh wait, that wouldn't work would it? Okay he wins along with either the innocents or the baddies depending on what his character is at the time.

What if its not just the baddies but the innocents/QA/GR as well. Who ever targets him/her, gets them on their side.

What if its not just the baddies but the innocents/QA/GR as well. Who ever targets him/her, gets them on their side.

What would happen if the mafia target him/her the first night, and then the GR targets him/her the second night? Would he/she continue to change sides?

What would happen if the mafia target him/her the first night, and then the GR targets him/her the second night? Would he/she continue to change sides?

hmmm, yeah. There should probably be a limit on how often or how much they can change sides

the Chameleon (and it is an okay idea ;D) would be a 'neutral' character, who switches to the side that targets him first. Ie, lynching/Ninja/Warlock/Inuit would make him an Innocent, and if a baddie group would normally kill him, he becomes inducted

I doubt this would be used in a game, but it's an interesting concept :P

today I've thought of something to replace the Bomb in Mafia VI:

* Suicide Bomber - the Suicide Bomber is an ex-terrorist who is now sided with the Innocents. At any point DURING THE DAY ONLY, the SB can PM to me a victim, and both the SB and the victim die in the explosion. I will make it unclear which of the two was the SB and which of the two was the victim. There is a 1/4 chance that the SB will survive, and a 1/4 that the victim will survive- those events are independent so there is a 1/16 chance both will survive. Again, it will be unknown which of the two (SB or victim) that any survivor(s) are. When the SB PMs in the target, they can either choose to have it announced immediately, or in the day post. If the SB is lynched, they'll be PMed a prompt if they want to blow someone up at the lynching, otherwise it's a normal lynching. If the SB is killed at night, there is a 2/3 chance they will blow up and kill a random one of their attackers. The explosion does not affect the Grim Reaper whether done at night or in the day, so the Grim Reaper will be seen as one of the "survivors" if at day, or if at night, the Grim Reaper will just scythe down the SB as if the 1/3 chance of no explosion occurred. Also, the Suicide Bomber, being an ex-terrorist, is highly skilled at torture and knows when people are lying. Any night, but not 2 nights in a row, the SB can pick one TRUE/FALSE statement that someone has said and PMs it in. I will tell them one of three options: (1) TRUE, (2) FALSE, or (3) the person who said this statement does not know whether it is true or false.

* Suicide Bomber - the Suicide Bomber is an ex-terrorist who is now sided with the Innocents. At any point DURING THE DAY ONLY, the SB can PM to me a victim, and both the SB and the victim die in the explosion. I will make it unclear which of the two was the SB and which of the two was the victim. There is a 1/4 chance that the SB will survive, and a 1/4 that the victim will survive- those events are independent so there is a 1/16 chance both will survive. Again, it will be unknown which of the two (SB or victim) that any survivor(s) are. When the SB PMs in the target, they can either choose to have it announced immediately, or in the day post. If the SB is lynched, they'll be PMed a prompt if they want to blow someone up at the lynching, otherwise it's a normal lynching. If the SB is killed at night, there is a 2/3 chance they will blow up and kill a random one of their attackers. The explosion does not affect the Grim Reaper whether done at night or in the day, so the Grim Reaper will be seen as one of the "survivors" if at day, or if at night, the Grim Reaper will just scythe down the SB as if the 1/3 chance of no explosion occurred. Also, the Suicide Bomber, being an ex-terrorist, is highly skilled at torture and knows when people are lying. Any night, but not 2 nights in a row, the SB can pick one TRUE/FALSE statement that someone has said and PMs it in. I will tell them one of three options: (1) TRUE, (2) FALSE, or (3) the person who said this statement does not know whether it is true or false.

So does this replace the bomb? If so, does the suicide bomber still have the 50/50 shot of blowing up his/her attacker?

Off the topic of future roles, but I didn't want to bring an off topic thing into the Mafia V forum. I can see how this game is so addicting though! I read and followed the past ones, and thought it was cool, but didn't get the addiction until playing this one. I am constantly checking it at work, and am completely craving the results of lynchings or murders by night. Maybe I will even start having mafia dreams...weird...

the Chameleon (and it is an okay idea ;D) would be a 'neutral' character, who switches to the side that targets him first. Ie, lynching/Ninja/Warlock/Inuit would make him an Innocent, and if a baddie group would normally kill him, he becomes inducted

Well, the main part of the chameleon role that I think is interesting is that it wastes a baddie kill. Though for this concept I still prefer the Oracle. :P

That would be interesting if they were able to become a double agent (get recruited by the mafia and then the innocents). :lol:

dusty: yeah :P

what do you guys think about the SB:

Off the topic of future roles, but I didn't want to bring an off topic thing into the Mafia V forum. I can see how this game is so addicting though! I read and followed the past ones, and thought it was cool, but didn't get the addiction until playing this one. I am constantly checking it at work, and am completely craving the results of lynchings or murders by night. Maybe I will even start having mafia dreams...weird...

Yeah....in Mafia IV I was so glued to the comp that I missed my train home one day. I did get a later train, but I was so engrossed in plotting next moves that I almost forgot to get off at my stop! Then this evening as I was driving to class my mind was so on mafia that I totally took the wrong exit off the highway. Lesson: dont drive while on mafia! (or don't drive near me when I'm on mafia!)

And yes, the mafia dreams will haunt you, too.

Yeah! That's one advantage of being dead. I no longer have Mafia dreams. :D When I was a Doc last game, I was plotting even during the class hours. One of the professors accused me of sleeping with my eyes open, which was of course not true. :P

Hey! And I have mastered the art of sleeping with my eyes wide open. :lol: BTW, I belong to the back-bench gang. We are launching a campaign to show that the true geniuses are unearthed in the back rows. :P

it's basically Bomb + Jihadist and a bit more balanced :D

I have to disagree with pw0nzd and say that I do think that the character is more balanced than the bomb. With only three mafia members to start, once one member is killed the bomb becomes an incredibly powerful innocent. The QAs have no interest in taking on the bomb and will ignore him/her and the GR also has no interest in risking his/her own hide attacking the bomb. By making the GR invincible against the Suicide Bomber, the GR may be more interested in going after him/her. Though there still is the issue of motive; the GR has no reason to go after the bomb/Suicide Bomber. Maybe the mafia can find some way to strike a deal with the GR to get the SB out of the way for them, but I'm not sure how they would arrange the deal on the public mafia thread.

So the main problems I see right now is that the bomb is overpowered when there are only three mafia in the game, but if replaced by the Suicide Bomber, the GR still has no reason to kill the SB, even though the GR is safe in doing so. It seems like if your going to make the SB weak against the GR, there has to be a reason for the GR to care.

Also, would the SB know the identity of the Inspector?

what do you guys think about the SB:

I think this could be a good role. It will be more interesting for the bomb, who would have the option of taking positive action, rather than waiting around to die - plus the chance of NOT dying in the explosion! - Hey, in that case, would the SB be able to use the ability again?