BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TwoaDay

Question

i created this thread as an experiment to see if anyone will post thier dreams online.

ill start

i dreampt that my gerbils had babies and they looked like they were made out of cardboard

there were tons and they got out of their cage and then.. THEN...

i woke up

i know its weird but im sure some of you guys have had weirder ones

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

then... she began to rip her face off... she pulled off her mask to reveal that she was actually cookie monster and it was an attempt to lure me into his trap.

That is so bizzarre! I used to have a recurring dream when I was 3-4 that my parents were really thieves that had kidnapped me and my sisters. Of course we did not know this even in the dream we thought that they were truly our parents. But after my parents tucked us in to bed each night they went out into the hallway and pulled off their masks...to reveal totally different faces and my mother was truly a man!

And no I wasn't abused nor did I have abnormal fears, and my parents were both very loving. I'm thinking this may have sprung from a thought my big sister put into my head. She used to try to convince me that I was adopted because both she and my litle sister were very light blonde and I have always been a brunette. Odd, none the less.

Good topic, though it can use more quality posts. i'll try to jump start it again. if you post you really should try to include a dream you've had.

First off, I watched an anime series called Ghost Hound recently. The show is about 3 kids who can have out-of-body experiences at will. If you're into dreams and interpretation (which i am) then i highly recommend it.

If you can't handle cartoons then try out Richard Linklater's Waking Life. It explores a lot more than dreaming, but still touches on some of the psycho-analytical concepts that have been raised in this topic.

I'll add one of my most memorable/frightening dreams. (btw, i usually write down my dreams when i wake up, though i haven't in months... thanks for reminding me).

i was very young at the time i had this dream, probably 3-5. it began with me going in and out of a doorway in the rear of my house that led to my deck. i wound up getting my fingers slammed in the door and began crying and got very upset. So, naturally i ran to my mom. she was lying in bed reading and sat up when i came rushing into the room. she put down her book and kissed my fingers to make them all better. then she gave me some brand new transformers to play with. i was elated. then... she began to rip her face off... she pulled off her mask to reveal that she was actually cookie monster and it was an attempt to lure me into his trap. cookie monster jumped on me from the bed and held me down to the ground. his rolling pupils were going crazy in his big white eyes and he was about an inch from my face laughing maniacally. needless to say i was scared out of my wits. and cookie monster then proceeded to tickle me to death until i woke up scarred for life. -interpret that one ;)

hahahaa :lol: That's a good one (though I'm sure terrifying at the time)

Well, being the master interpretor that I am (cough cough), I'd say you had a frightening experience with Sesame Street in your youth :P

I have reeeeally weird dreams.

A few years ago I had a dream that me and a lot of other people lived in my room (in my dream it was much bigger) and a giant evil duck lived in my parents' room down the hall. Every day the duck would come to my room and eat one of the people there. So, when we heard the duck waddling down the hall everyone started screaming and trying to find a place to hide in my room. So one day we heard the duck coming and everyone was running around frantically, but I noticed this really old couple go out the door and into the bathroom (which is right across the hall from my room), and I followed them. Well, they jumped into the toilet and disappeared, and the duck was getting closer so I knew I had to follow them. I jumped in the toilet and I kept trying to disappear like they did but it wasn't working, and I was getting really scared. But after a minute of jumping around in the toilet I finally went through a pipe and fell out the other end onto a giant flying square. On the square were my parents and siblings. So, we were flying through space on a giant square (I guess it was in the future when people use giant squares instead of cars) and some girl flies by us in a telephone booth. So my brother gets mad at me and asks, "Why didn't you ask her where she went on vacation?!". Then, somehow I end up in a really old abandoned dark cabin in the woods with one of my friends, and there are three big masked guy trying to shoot us. I run into my little brother's room (I don't know why it was in the cabin) and slam the door and my dream ends.

Sometimes when I'm having a scary dream, I'll figure out that I'm dreaming and be able make myself wake up. Anyone else do this?

Also, one time I had this dream where I figured out that I was dreaming and could actually control myself in the dream. It was so awesome! I've only done that once, though. I really want to do it again.

i've known i was dreaming lots of times but i couldn't really control it

its the summer holidays/vacation/whatever-you-call-it so i've had a few dreams about school

nothing interesting recently though

here's something weird:

when i was younger i used to dream as if i were watching what was happening to me but now i dream as myself...

Edited by lemonymelon

Totally not sure if this is normal or if I watch too many movies.

Sometimes I dream I am someone else completely in a different land or culture. Sometimes it's a horror movie, sometimes Sci-Fi, and sometimes just weird or different. When looking back on the dreams, they seem like movies with plots and everything, except I'm one of the characters in them, and not as myself. I might look different or act different (I love when I have kick-a$$ fighting skills), and I'm not me with any of my memories or anything. Strange, huh

I have reeeeally weird dreams.

A few years ago I had a dream that me and a lot of other people lived in my room (in my dream it was much bigger) and a giant evil duck lived in my parents' room down the hall. Every day the duck would come to my room and eat one of the people there. So, when we heard the duck waddling down the hall everyone started screaming and trying to find a place to hide in my room. So one day we heard the duck coming and everyone was running around frantically, but I noticed this really old couple go out the door and into the bathroom (which is right across the hall from my room), and I followed them. Well, they jumped into the toilet and disappeared, and the duck was getting closer so I knew I had to follow them. I jumped in the toilet and I kept trying to disappear like they did but it wasn't working, and I was getting really scared. But after a minute of jumping around in the toilet I finally went through a pipe and fell out the other end onto a giant flying square. On the square were my parents and siblings. So, we were flying through space on a giant square (I guess it was in the future when people use giant squares instead of cars) and some girl flies by us in a telephone booth. So my brother gets mad at me and asks, "Why didn't you ask her where she went on vacation?!". Then, somehow I end up in a really old abandoned dark cabin in the woods with one of my friends, and there are three big masked guy trying to shoot us. I run into my little brother's room (I don't know why it was in the cabin) and slam the door and my dream ends.

Sometimes when I'm having a scary dream, I'll figure out that I'm dreaming and be able make myself wake up. Anyone else do this?

Also, one time I had this dream where I figured out that I was dreaming and could actually control myself in the dream. It was so awesome! I've only done that once, though. I really want to do it again.

dreams are cool B))

i've known i was dreaming lots of times but i couldn't really control it

its the summer holidays/vacation/whatever-you-call-it so i've had a few dreams about school

nothing interesting recently though

here's something weird:

when i was younger i used to dream as if i were watching what was happening to me but now i dream as myself...

I've had dreams where I knew I was dreaming and then either couldn't wake up or couldn't control them. Once I was at a party with tons of people and then I transported to a field all by myself and I knew I was dreaming and I couldn't wake up and kept shouting to wake up over and over until I finally did.

Then there are those pesky sex dreams where I realize I am dreaming and think how sweet this is going to be, but I still can't control what happens and then I wake up all angry. Maybe TMI? I should add that I have been able to control a couple of those dreams and they were awesome. But usually I lose control and wind up in a different location or I wake up. I have a lot of sex dreams. lol