BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TwoaDay

Question

i created this thread as an experiment to see if anyone will post thier dreams online.

ill start

i dreampt that my gerbils had babies and they looked like they were made out of cardboard

there were tons and they got out of their cage and then.. THEN...

i woke up

i know its weird but im sure some of you guys have had weirder ones

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

lolz, mabey we all watched the movie dejavu (even though ive never seen it) and its affecting our thoughts, that movie brainwashex i tell you

i haven't seen it! ;)

Does anyone ever have a dream that someone is holding you down and you can’t move, breathe or talk? :o

My son told me it’s your soul trying to get back in after a little jaunt outside your body. He says if you just relax and not get scared, the little wanderer will sink back in. :)

Anybody ever hear of this?

Edit: Hey! Post 100! Cool! :P

Edited by Alyanna

Does anyone ever have a dream that someone is holding you down and you can’t move, breathe or talk? :o

My son told me it’s your soul trying to get back in after a little jaunt outside your body. He says if you just relax and not get scared, the little wanderer will sink back in. :)

Anybody ever hear of this?

Edit: Hey! Post 100! Cool! :P

firstly congrats on 100 posts! :D

I guess it is because you want to be free from something/someone but that thing/person isn't letting u off? dunno...just guessing :)

I have heard that dreams are based on the day's events. Whatever significant has happened in ur life during that day reflects in ur dreams. It is somewhat true but I have no explanation for recurring dreams!!

I have had those dreams where I can't move, and I try to scream for help and nothing happens. The last time was after I watched this really bad movie...I think it was called Night Terrors or something like that, where the monsters under the bed that tormented small children came back to collect them when they grew up. After that, my dream was they were trying to pull me under the bed, and I couldn't move to stop them. Weird.

My favorite dreams are the ones where I'm flying.

Does anyone know how to interpret dreams? I know certain things are significant, like if you lose or break a tooth, it means in real life you have anxiety or fear a transition in life, or something like that. I do like the idea that when you can't move in a dream, it's your soul returning.

My wife studies dream interpretation, she says stuff like if there's a house in the dream its your mind, storms like tornados represent turmoil in your life or religious beliefs, water is very important.

I'll ask her some of the things that you all have been experiencing and see what she says.

lolz, mabey we all watched the movie dejavu (even though ive never seen it) and its affecting our thoughts, that movie brainwashex i tell you
not seen that one, but did watch Dreams can come true - about 30 years ago... prpbably a b moviea and cheeezy at best - but i like the idea of sleping and having floating out of body experiences - had a lot of them in the good old dayz

Good topic, though it can use more quality posts. i'll try to jump start it again. if you post you really should try to include a dream you've had.

First off, I watched an anime series called Ghost Hound recently. The show is about 3 kids who can have out-of-body experiences at will. If you're into dreams and interpretation (which i am) then i highly recommend it.

If you can't handle cartoons then try out Richard Linklater's Waking Life. It explores a lot more than dreaming, but still touches on some of the psycho-analytical concepts that have been raised in this topic.

I'll add one of my most memorable/frightening dreams. (btw, i usually write down my dreams when i wake up, though i haven't in months... thanks for reminding me).

i was very young at the time i had this dream, probably 3-5. it began with me going in and out of a doorway in the rear of my house that led to my deck. i wound up getting my fingers slammed in the door and began crying and got very upset. So, naturally i ran to my mom. she was lying in bed reading and sat up when i came rushing into the room. she put down her book and kissed my fingers to make them all better. then she gave me some brand new transformers to play with. i was elated. then... she began to rip her face off... she pulled off her mask to reveal that she was actually cookie monster and it was an attempt to lure me into his trap. cookie monster jumped on me from the bed and held me down to the ground. his rolling pupils were going crazy in his big white eyes and he was about an inch from my face laughing maniacally. needless to say i was scared out of my wits. and cookie monster then proceeded to tickle me to death until i woke up scarred for life. -interpret that one ;)

-interpret that one ;)

I would say you were hurt somehow by someone very close to you, assuming you were young when you had this dream.

My most recent dream was with me getting into my truck and there were a bunch of thugs around their vehicles next to mine, just talking amongst themselves. One of them took notice of me and ran up to my window and I rolled it down slightly. He began to ask very politely for me to get out of the truck when I noticed he had a gun barely tucked beneath my passenger window. I rolled the window all the way down and he stuck the gun in my face. I disarmed him using a gun disarm technique I learned in real life and began to drive away. I noticed that he and his posse began chasing me and all of a sudden I was in a parking garage. I called the police, ditched the vehicle, and ran around the place ducking in and out of hallways and passages. I didn't know what to do as I was scared that they were going to get to me but then I realized it was just the one guy, probably wanting his gun back. I knew I couldn't use it b/c I know once you take the advantage away from an attacker and then proceed to use it against him, you become the offender. I opened a door just a sminge and saw from a reflection that he was waiting on the other side ready to grab me now that he had found me. I tried to slam the door, he resisted, but I did shut the door. Then I woke up feeling panicky.

I was mugged when I was 11 years old at gun point and my job often puts me in situations where I'M the one who has to go and confront individuals such as these. Maybe I was just thinking about danger the day before the dream.

I almost always have really creepy dreams. A few months ago I had a dream in which my sister and I were in what was really my room but in the dream it was hers. It was all red and cool looking and I wished it was my room. We were sitting on the bed, feeding tiny little birds that looked like kiwis but were smaller than our fingernails . Then Holly (my sister) moved the blankets. I tried to stop her but it was too late and all the birds got swept away. She stood up and turned into Yoko Ono, but she was covered head to toe in thick, shiny, black grease. John Lennon appeared laying on the bed and Yoko sat on his chest. She put his hand in her mouth and stared me down while she bit off his fingers.

I painted it. :D

I had as dream that (i am 11) i got married to the kid that sits next to me in class and i was 11 in the dream wich is mt ream age and then i dreamed i could breath under water that austin hugged me and a lot of other things sak and i will pm for info

I once dreamt that I was flying and flying... and then my wings fell off, so I zoomed towards the ground which happened to have a lot of spikes on it. That's when I woke up. ;)

I once had a dream that my right arm was robotic and when i went to school i didn't have to do anything because the arm could right really quickly and figured out all the maths questions without me. And then all the girls thought that having a robotic arm was really cute! B)) Then i was suddenly in a desert and i was lifting my robotic arm in the air screaming something and an army from behind me screamed aswell and i started running towards this building, like a shiny metal ball with a flat base and the army followed, and then....i woke up :o

I have Deja Vu all the time. Sometimes I'll recognize a part of my life that I dreamed about years ago...does anyone else get that or am I just wierd??

I have Deja Vu every once in a while. I had a "dream" several years back about me and my mother driving on a highway overpass that I didn't recognize. That was the whole of my vision.

Years later I moved to a different city. The major highway running though the city is in the midst of a 7-year construction project. I rarely take the highway...just no need. 2 months ago my mother came to visit me and we went shopping together. I decided to take the highway home and found that that very day a new part of the highway construction had opened...a new overpass, the very one of my dream!

Edited by puzzlegirl

Wow Puzzelgirl that is odd.

Do you dream of mysterious landscapes/places that dont exist and then return to them different nights and recognize them?

That happens to me every once in a while.

I do find dream interpretation very interesting. Do I believe it? Not usually. Then there are times that it is dead on.

Example:

I dreamed I was leaving my husband and we had moved into different apartments. He begged me to come over and

when I arrived he pulled me into the room. The windows were covered and very little light shone through. All looked red.

There were two large circle cog like shapes painted on the ground.

He grabbed me from behind with his left hand over my chest and stuck a syringe filled with black goo in my neck.

I stood very still cause I didnt want to have the needle break off in me. That was my big worry.

I was confident I would get away.

I asked my therapist about it and he said it was a dream about addiction. That because I was leaving my husband in real

life due to his bad alcoholism. My husband in the dream was trying to infect me with his addiction. But I was confident

in my choice to leave. He was trying to guilt/trick me into staying.

Later I looked all the key words up in a book and found my therapist was right.

Maybe i will tell you more later.