BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia V Signups

unreality

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i read the rules and though i will not be the most active player i wont be inactive

my only question so far because i haven't played mafia with you guys yet is

is it easy to keep track of time?

Have you read previous mafia games(entire ones)?

What do you mean by keep track of time?

Are you going to join, YS?

And yes, there was some skill involved, but it's highly unlikely for all four mafiosos to last that long.

"that long" was 3 days...it only seemed long because "day 3" was actually like 4 days in real time, lol...only 2 ppl got lynched...actually, only 1, since BB escaped his...

Actually, I was thinking how the new bankroller ability reminds me of how Light used the fact that he could control his targets before they died to send messages to the police and L...

...hey, well, that would be an awesome role for Mafia VI (lol, I know, getting ahead of myself)...how about the Death Note Holder who kills someone and can control their actions, i.e. their roles for that night? Hehe...OR how about making the GR into the Shinigami and giving him that skill...

...oh, and anyone who has not seen/read Death Note...if you like mafia, you will *definitely* like Death Note!

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Very true, I made the prediction in the last game that it was very heavily weighted for a baddie win. So I guess this should help to bring balance back. I just don't see the good side of the every-day Spy thing. I think it will bring about the invincible know-it-all from Maf III. I know that the spy has about a 30% chance of hitting a baddie, but depending on how the first night and day turn out, it could easily and quickly change to a 50% chance. Which is the exact same thing as the invincible every-other day inspector from Maf III.

Differences b/w Maf 3, 4, and 5

Inspector went from- Every-other (Invincible) to every other (secret) to Every day (Secret). I think this has evolved into a good medium.

Baddies went from- 6 (1GR, 2QA(every-other), 3Maf), to 8 (1GR, 3QA(every night), 4Maf) plus a QA hunter, to 7 (1GR, 3QA(every night), 3Maf) and the QA hunter. Again, I think this has become a great middle ground for the number of players involved.

Spy went from- Every other (potentially invincible), then stayed the same, then Doubled in strength and remains potentially invincible. It's not middle ground. It's a hard sway in favor of the innocents.

Maybe it will work well, I just wanted to bring it to light.

Very true, I made the prediction in the last game that it was very heavily weighted for a baddie win. So I guess this should help to bring balance back. I just don't see the good side of the every-day Spy thing. I think it will bring about the invincible know-it-all from Maf III. I know that the spy has about a 30% chance of hitting a baddie, but depending on how the first night and day turn out, it could easily and quickly change to a 50% chance. Which is the exact same thing as the invincible every-other day inspector from Maf III.

Differences b/w Maf 3, 4, and 5

Inspector went from- Every-other (Invincible) to every other (secret) to Every day (Secret). I think this has evolved into a good medium.

Baddies went from- 6 (1GR, 2QA(every-other), 3Maf), to 8 (1GR, 3QA(every night), 4Maf) plus a QA hunter, to 7 (1GR, 3QA(every night), 3Maf) and the QA hunter. Again, I think this has become a great middle ground for the number of players involved.

Spy went from- Every other (potentially invincible), then stayed the same, then Doubled in strength and remains potentially invincible. It's not middle ground. It's a hard sway in favor of the innocents.

Maybe it will work well, I just wanted to bring it to light.

Yeah, but the spy doesn't have that much power in the game. If it's every other day, by the end of the game they would have found out 2, maybe 3 people, which wouldn't help very much.

I agreed to help friends move on Thurs. 2 more days. I expect to be here that evening. I doubt it will matter, so just consider this to be a generous bump. I'll try to check on things early that morning. I could just as easily miss something by just going to sleep. I noticed other cast members staying up way past their bedtime. I hope the roles get scrambled really good. I'll go fetch PZLGRL. :o

...hmm...I don't seem to remember signing myself up...lol...

but what do you think about my Death Note Holder/Shinigami idea? It would be so awesome...

Oh, dude, you could have both...instead of the ninja, you have the Death Note Holder who is on the side on innocents, and tries to kill the criminals (baddies)...and instead of the grim reaper you have the Shinigami, who is trying to kill the Death Note Holder to get his/her Death Note back...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Host: Frost

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb

3) Frozen

4) Slick

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) taliesin

8) itachi

o0o0o so unreality makes his first appearance in-game. sweet.

Is mafia IV completed?

Hot damn!

I log off for 3 hrs and look what happens.

If there is space I would love to join you all.

As I saw how many pages are here so far,

I decided to write b4 reading alllll the posts.

Crazypainter says HI

If Awesomeville was awesome, then what is Pengville? Freezing? I could use it in this desert. :lol: If I really want to cool off, I can go up to the capital but thats a long drive. I hope I can pick up a Klondike bar at the drive-thru. :)

Actually, what Pengville is is

black and white and red all over! (well, it *will* be red at least...

:P)

Actually, what Pengville is is
black and white and red all over! (well, it *will* be red at least...
:P )

Hey! You may have something there. Yes. I got it ! This will be the favorite treat of all the pengvillians:

bloodsicles. Yum yum. There is a prize inside each one. A riddle to help you find the mafia identities!

Okay, now I know that it's time for bed. Night ya'll. Peace.