BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Big Spanish Castle

Question

Never seen one of those before - fantastic!

What really freaks me out is that as long as you continue to stare at the dot after you've moved your mouse over the castle it remains in colour! You'd think it would fade pretty quickly as your eyes adjusted but it only starts fading once your eyes start moving away from the dot.

Wow... I've never seen an optical illusion like that. I've seen the ones where you stare at dots, but usually to cause the illusion of shapes moving or swirling. It's amazing that we can trick our eyes so easily.

That's really cool! Does any-one know why most optical illusions like that require you to look at something for 30 seconds every time? :huh:

Ya the castle one is one of my favourites too.... the whole 30 seconds bit though is just a general number. It works for less or more time, but 30 kinda helps to ensure the effect works. It has to do with your retina or something I believe, and how long it takes in colour. Its like when you look at a light and then close your eyes, and you see coloured dots :)

Ya the castle one is one of my favourites too.... the whole 30 seconds bit though is just a general number. It works for less or more time, but 30 kinda helps to ensure the effect works. It has to do with your retina or something I believe, and how long it takes in colour. Its like when you look at a light and then close your eyes, and you see coloured dots :)

Yeah!! Like the lights!!

I love illusions like these ones!!! There is something about the way our body can play such mind boggling tricks on us that simply fascinates me!! They always remind me that unlike the popular belief, our eyes are not truth, they just offer us our perception of the world. CRAZY!

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO FAKE!!! :mad: DONT LOOK AT IT, JUST MOVE UR MOUSE OVER IT!!!!!!

um...the point IS to move your mouse over it after you've stared at the dot for a while, that way you see a black and white picture in colors. Read before you post mean replies, please.