BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Ok, in my opinion, Brawl is one of the best games ever. After having a brawl of my own and being killed off in Mafia, I realized that I hadn't played it in a little while. I figured that there would be some people on here that might be up for an online game or two. So I decided to post this topic so we could get a bunch of people together and start some games or tournaments online.

Basically how it would work is that once enough people(or even just a couple) have posted that they want to join, we can start to organize a few games at specific times. Remember to post your friend code so we can actually play online.

I'll post my code once I find out if people are interested. B))

• Answers 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Your Mafia brawl was awesome! lol

but im just intrested in what 'Brawl' the game is?

:D

Yes it was. :D

For those of you that don't know, Super Smash Brothers Brawl(SSBB or Brawl for short) is an awesome fighting video game for the Wii.

Anything and everything about the game can be found here, or you could just Google it. B))

Ok, in my opinion, Brawl is one of the best games ever. After having a brawl of my own and being killed off in Mafia, I realized that I hadn't played it in a little while. I figured that there would be some people on here that might be up for an online game or two. So I decided to post this topic so we could get a bunch of people together and start some games or tournaments online.

Basically how it would work is that once enough people(or even just a couple) have posted that they want to join, we can start to organize a few games at specific times. Remember to post your friend code so we can actually play online.

I'll post my code once I find out if people are interested. B))

OMG I LOVE THAT GAME!!!! But I don't have it setup online... Do you have to get a subscription to play online?

BTW, what are your top three characters to play with?

Yes it was. :D

For those of you that don't know, Super Smash Brothers Brawl(SSBB or Brawl for short) is an awesome fighting video game for the Wii.

Anything and everything about the game can be found here, or you could just Google it. B))

Ahhhh.... i didnt realise it was shortened to Brawl lol. Dont have a Wii tho -_-, il just stick to mafia :lol:

OMG I LOVE THAT GAME!!!! But I don't have it setup online... Do you have to get a subscription to play online?

BTW, what are your top three characters to play with?

Yeah me too. :D No you don't need a subscription, it's free. You just need wireless interenet(or I think you can connect it directly, not sure how) and configure the settings in the Wii controls. From there you just click the WFC(Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection) in the bottom right of the Brawl main screen.

Let's see, top three? Well, I've played with most characters, though Samus is my favorite(same as Melee), and Marth is a close second. Not sure about #3, there are a variety of characters that I think are good. Fox, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Pit, and a few others are all pretty good.

I assume you've already beaten adventure mode and gotten all the characters and stages. I'm just working on getting all of the challenges right now. B))

Edited by Frost

I may want to try it out but, if I start a new job I will not be available.

What is a friend code?

Well, you would actually need the game to play a match online. A friend code is a way to play with specific people online. If you have the game, you have your friend code.

Yeah me too. :D No you don't need a subscription, it's free. You just need wireless interenet(or I think you can connect it directly, not sure how) and configure the settings in the Wii controls. From there you just click the WFC(Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection) in the bottom right of the Brawl main screen.

Let's see, top three? Well, I've played with most characters, though Samus is my favorite(same as Melee), and Marth is a close second. Not sure about #3, there are a variety of characters that I think are good. Fox, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Pit, and a few others are all pretty good.

I assume you've already beaten adventure mode and gotten all the characters and stages. I'm just working on getting all of the challenges right now. B))

Yeah, I unlocked all the characters before I finished adventure mode. Go check out a good cheats website and it will tell you how to get them all unlocked within about an hour or so. Once I did that and got used to them a little bit, then I played the adventure mode.

It seems that we have completely opposite tastes in the characters. My above and beyond #1 is Snake

Yeah, I unlocked all the characters before I finished adventure mode. Go check out a good cheats website and it will tell you how to get them all unlocked within about an hour or so. Once I did that and got used to them a little bit, then I played the adventure mode.

It seems that we have completely opposite tastes in the characters. My above and beyond #1 is Snake

Really? I hate Snake, he's one of my least favorites(though still a lot better than Jigglypuff). I just don't like the fact that most of his attacks are weapons that are harder to hit enemies with, less of the in-your-face type of fighting. I'm sure if I played a lot with him I might like him more, it's just a different play style(kind of like Olimar's) than I'm used to.

Edited by Frost

Yeah, the game is so awesome it doesn't need the motion sensitivity. It wasn't made as a Wii specific game, it was more of a sequel to Melee. They just jam-packed it full of stuff though.

I'd have to rent the game again. I'll let you know when I do!

I'm surprised you don't own by how much you seem to love the game. Do you at least have he internet connection set up for the Wii in general? Then you don't really have to do anything else except get on.

I'm surprised you don't own by how much you seem to love the game. Do you at least have he internet connection set up for the Wii in general? Then you don't really have to do anything else except get on.

I have high-speed wireless internet, I have just never tried to hookup the Wii b/c I thought I needed a subscription like the other systems. Is there anything else that is needed for the Wii? Or will it just freely pickup a wireless signal?

Frost, what is your favorite Level on Brawl? Mine is Hyrule Castle.

Is that the one from Melee? Yeah that's a good level, one of the biggest. Not really sure if I have a favorite, I've done All-Star mode so many times I'm tired of a lot of them. Most levels are pretty good, though you can't match the simplicity and challenge of Final Destination. B))

I have high-speed wireless internet, I have just never tried to hookup the Wii b/c I thought I needed a subscription like the other systems. Is there anything else that is needed for the Wii? Or will it just freely pickup a wireless signal?

Yeah, it will, it has wi-fi. Just go to the Options in the lower right of the Wii menu, go to controls, then internet in the second menu, and connection settings, then choose a connection. I think it will find it for you, not really sure, I've had trouble with the internet at times. If you do manual setup you can enter the number(SSID) of the connection and any other necessary stuff(I just put in that and the WEP key, which are both on the wireless router). Once it finds it it should work, though you could just have the Wii search for an access point(I think). It can get complicated, but iit's not that hard to get it to work, the only trouble is having it find the connection.

Once you get the internet going you can get other things too, like the weather and news(which are free), and the shop channel where you can buy and download old games from previous systems for less than $10, and download new channels.

Edited by Frost

Yeah, it will, it has wi-fi. Just go to the Options in the lower right of the Wii menu, go to controls, then internet in the second menu, and connection settings, then choose a connection. I think it will find it for you, not really sure, I've had trouble with the internet at times. If you do manual setup you can enter the number(SSID) of the connection and any other necessary stuff(I just put in that and the WEP key, which are both on the wireless router). Once it finds it it should work, though you could just have the Wii search for an access point(I think). It can get complicated, but iit's not that hard to get it to work, the only trouble is having it find the connection.

Once you get the internet going you can get other things too, like the weather and news(which are free), and the shop channel where you can buy and download old games from previous systems for less than $10, and download new channels.

Haha, sweet! I set it up and I want to try it. I don't have too many games, I mainly just rent them. I think I'm gonna sign up for game fly and have Brawl here early next week. How do I find out what my code is so that we could play?

BTW, I do have Madden (I'll have to check what year) that we could play online if you have it.

Haha, sweet! I set it up and I want to try it. I don't have too many games, I mainly just rent them. I think I'm gonna sign up for game fly and have Brawl here early next week. How do I find out what my code is so that we could play?

BTW, I do have Madden (I'll have to check what year) that we could play online if you have it.

Sorry, I don't have Madden, though getting your friend code is really easy. Once you get on the main screen in Brawl(and have the internet connection set up, which you do), select the WFC(Wi-Fi- Connection) button in the bottom left. Once it connects, it gives you your friend code, so you don't have to worry about that. Once we both enter each other's code and it registers we can set up a game online. It's pretty simple, hopefully it's faster than regular online matches. B))

Hey, I have my Wii setup on the WiFi now, and I signed up for gamefly, so Brawl should be here tomorrow. I should have it around 1:00pm EST. So how do we set this up?

Sweet! It's incredibly easy, you've done the hard part already. Get Brawl, put in Brawl, select WFC button in bottom right of Brawl main menu. Once you connect, it should give you a friend code. Once you have that, post it here(or PM it to me if you prefer), I'll give you mine, then we can play. You just have to add a new friend to your list. One of us starts a group, the other joins, and we start a game. Long, but simple. You'll probably kick my butt though, depending on how good you are. B))