BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Spinning Sihouette Optical Illusion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sometimes just looking down at the dancer's shadow causes it to seem as if she's changed directions. If that doesn't work, try this:

Slowly turn your head to the left just until the point you can no longer see her in your peripheral vision. Now, imagine that she is spinning in the opposite direction. As you are imagining this, slowly return your head forward and she should now be spinning that way.

• 1 month later...
For me anyway the page doesnt seem to work.... any chance there are any other alternative links?

Thanks Martin, the "this" worked for me too. :D So why did she have to be naked? :wub: Although I thought it was cool.

For me when I look at her she's spinning counter-clockwise but when I don't look directly at her but can still see her in my peripherals she is spinning clockwise. Pretty cool. I doubt it would word if she was more than one color.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have also heard that which ever way you see her spinning the first time determines if you are right brained or left brained. Personally, I don't see how that can possibly determine something like that. If anyone has an explanation though, I'm interested.

Still an awesome illusion though!!! I wonder if it would work in real life, possibly with a dancer who is fully shadowed so you can't see the lines of her body... Definitely would be interesting to see!

• 4 weeks later...
I have also heard that which ever way you see her spinning the first time determines if you are right brained or left brained. Personally, I don't see how that can possibly determine something like that. If anyone has an explanation though, I'm interested.

Still an awesome illusion though!!! I wonder if it would work in real life, possibly with a dancer who is fully shadowed so you can't see the lines of her body... Definitely would be interesting to see!

I have also heard the right brain / left brain thing.

The real dancer wouldn't work even if it were a statue. It has to be 2 dimensional.

• 1 year later...