BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

It's pretty straight forward. Decode the message, each letter is consistantly-(always) replaced-(maybe) by a different letter in the alphabet.

And don't forget the spoilers!

-But wait, there's a twist. The letter 'O' has been completely removed from the quote below. It is up to you to figure out the words and where the O's are missing. Good Luck!

P MLOS YSLECSD TPYSCHS QEN JMS JLYILJPOS, JYSELJPC QEN JMS PCJYSELCJ, LCD IPCDCSTT QEN JMS VCIPCD; BSJ, TJELCRS, P LN VCRELJSQVY J JMTS JSLHMSET. ~ILMYPY RPAELC

7 answers to this question

P MLOS YSLECSD TPYSCHS QEN JMS JLYILJPOS, JYSELJPC QEN JMS PCJYSELCJ, LCD IPCDCSTT QEN JMS VCIPCD; BSJ, TJELCRS, P LN VCRELJSQVY J JMTS JSLHMSET. ~ILMYPY RPAELC

OK, this is a tough one. You found one where the name didn't help. And evven after I had the last three words complete (including missing "o"s, I still felt lost! But I got it in the end. Nice!

Edit: Well, almost. I had the whole quote, but I had to look it up to find the last name, because I didn't know it and one of the letters isn't used anywhere else. Other than that, I got it on my own.

Edited by Cherry Lane

OK, this is a tough one. You found one where the name didn't help. And evven after I had the last three words complete (including missing "o"s, I still felt lost! But I got it in the end. Nice!

Edit: Well, almost. I had the whole quote, but I had to look it up to find the last name, because I didn't know it and one of the letters isn't used anywhere else. Other than that, I got it on my own.

Well Done! This was mostly an experiment, glad to see it works successfully. I think next time I'll just say that it is "A vowel" ;)

Well Done! This was mostly an experiment, glad to see it works successfully. I think next time I'll just say that it is "A vowel" ;)

uhh...I don't know about that. the missing letter made it REALLY hard, the only salvation was knowing what that letter is. Though "a vowel" MIGHT have been enough.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. ~ Khalil Gibran

uhh...I don't know about that. the missing letter made it REALLY hard, the only salvation was knowing what that letter is. Though "a vowel" MIGHT have been enough.

Good deal. For the next one I will try just the vowel thing. Then whether or not that works out well, on #10 I'm going to remove the author's name until the puzzle has been solved in addition to the vowel, or, missing letter thing. If it works well, and stays difficult but not impossible, then I will stick with that method after #10. Sound good?