BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Charlie Chaplin Illusion

Yeah, it's real. You can try this yourself with a mask on a rotating turntable. You can see the same type of phenomenon at the airport when watching rotating radar dishes.

It's real. If you have ever been to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, you would have seen several faces like this, which seem to stare at you as you pass by. Watch carefully as the back of the mask is just about to rotate out of view. You can see how the "image" is simply the inside of the mask.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome to watch, all of them. Question is if I held the masks in my hand, would I be amused in the same perspective, or would it need to be swiveled ever so slightly? What actually causes the illusion besides your eyes and brain? Is there more to it than that? Any special effects as I know they do have these days? I am just curious people.

Edited by akaslickster

LOL

I saw something similiar when i visited Japan.

They had this "House of Illusions" and (surprise) it was filled with alll these potical illusions.

There was this hollow head carved into one of the walls and it looked like it was turning its head at you.

Freaky, but awesome.

I've been trying to train myself to see it inverted. for the first third i can and then it becomes 3-D even though i know it's not, and then as it starts to turn it looks inverted again. it's weird how completely our eyes can trick us.

• 3 months later...

this one really good

i paused the video and focused on the inside until part of it started to look normal then i saw a guys face it it looked inside out for a second and now i just have a headache :)

also now that i think about it anyone's face could look inside out but we just assume that it isn't :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
It's real. If you have ever been to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, you would have seen several faces like this, which seem to stare at you as you pass by. Watch carefully as the back of the mask is just about to rotate out of view. You can see how the "image" is simply the inside of the mask.

Great stuff. I like the way the direction seems to reverse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...