BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV

unreality

Well, anyways, thanks Frozen. You are my knight in shining armor ;)

hey, :D thanks... anyways, I've been thinking about how puzzlegirl acts as a ghost and I think that is hilarious, so I'm going to give it a shot.

A cold front sweeps through Awesomeville. It snakes through every house, every retail store, every place where Awesomevillians gather. The Mafiosos feel the razor-sharp chill on the backs of their necks, they shudder and pull tight the collars of their leather waistcoats. The QAs feel an icy breeze brush over their dry, cracked skin and they push up their sleeves to reveal the goosebumps it has left. Meanwhile, the remaining Innocent citizens, one by one, hear the whisper of a soft breeze and feel the refreshing air flow silently around them. "Greetings Puzzlegirl!", "Thanks for watching over us, PG!", "You da' bomb, PuzzleBabe!" they speak into the wind. And the cold front twists and vaults up into the clouds above.

As dawn slowly begins to crawl its way up the horizon, a golden mist settles over the tumbling hills and musty houses of Awesomeville. The Mafiosos, wrapping their dark suits around them, anxious to get back to their lonely hideout, shiver as the mist seems to wrap around their pale bodies like a vice. The few Innocents that remain raise their sunken eyes as they bury the dead body of Joe's Student and breathe in the fresh scent of warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies. Almost in a trance, they turn around and see the shimmering, transparent form of Frozen sitting at the edge of the Awesomeville fountain, whistling a tuneless melody. He smiles faintly and melds into the form of a golden lion, roaring as he leaps into an alleyway and disappears. :P Not bad, right? Probably needs some work.

Edited by frozen_in_fire

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*looking down from awesomeville heaven*

NOOO!!! how could the innocents let the QA's get away with that!

i will not die in vain!(oh wait, i already did)

DARN YOU QA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your little mafia friends too

Edited by Mekal

hey, :D thanks... anyways, I've been thinking about how puzzlegirl acts as a ghost and I think that is hilarious, so I'm going to give it a shot.

As dawn slowly begins to crawl its way up the horizon, a golden mist settles over the tumbling hills and musty houses of Awesomeville. The Mafiosos, wrapping their dark suits around them, anxious to get back to their lonely hideout, shiver as the mist seems to wrap around their pale bodies like a vice. The few Innocents that remain raise their sunken eyes as they bury the dead body of Joe's Student and breathe in the fresh scent of warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies. Almost in a trance, they turn around and see the shimmering, transparent form of Frozen sitting at the edge of the Awesomeville fountain, whistling a tuneless melody. He smiles faintly and melds into the form of a golden lion, roaring as he leaps into an alleyway and disappears. :P Not bad, right? Probably needs some work.

lol :D I would so make my own exept i suck at writing. keep them coming!

please don't keep the ghost posts coming- you can post in the sign-up thread ;D let's try to limit this until the voting begins. Dead/nonplaying people shouldn't be posting regularly in this thread :P thanks guys!

anyway, this is my last post for like 2 days and then a bit more. So, uh, cya guys :D and get those color codes right! hehe ;D

don't get too angry at each other while I'm gone ;P

Nice :lol: ...I hope you're disappearing into the alley to go spy on GC trying to plot my demise...;P

Edit: Speaking of which, where is this so-called "evidence" he promised? The others didn't do enough work for him, so there has not been enough time for him to make up something himself?

Edited by Yoruichi-san

*looking down from awesomeville heaven*

NOOO!!! how could the innocents let the QA's get away with that!

i will not die in vain!(oh wait, i already did)

DARN YOU QA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your little mafia friends too

Lol...ok, I get the point. I guess Scott was the QA after all...or a third option is that it could have been pw0nzd, and BB was the "last" QA to join up, but then I would have thought that he would have been included in the Sphinx kill...like Frost killed the ninja before being offed by the mafia...

Wow, this is getting intense!!!

Hmm.... Should I give a clue to a couple of the Mafioso Identities?

Nah, These clever innocents should be fine on their own....

Yeah, we will ;)

So I'm thinking the mafiosos are GC, CL, and johnson (not sure about the fourth one)

I'm pretty sure CP is innocent, and since Dawh is like me in not randomly making accusations and thinking logically before he posts and giving deductions/observations that help the innocents, I think he is probably innocent as well.

I think either GC or CL is the bankroller...they've been arguing very conspicuously the entire time, but neither has really been in danger of lynching. So when the bankroller dies, the other looks innocent because he/she can claim they were against the other the whole time...

Actually, looking at the last vote, I think it is probably GC, since both CL and johnson voted for him.

As for who I think we should lynch first(*sniff* I'm still a pacifist at heart...;P) I would go with GC, since he is the most devious, and if he is the bankroller, we would find out...

To be honest, I don't know if GC thought out his strategy of fingering me as much as I analyzed it, but I do think he was trying to cast suspicion on me. Without a *shred* of evidence, he made people suspect me and try to pick out red herrings...the spoiler box was a nice touch...it made it seem like more of a puzzle, and this being Brainden, after all, no one can resist trying to solve a puzzle...O_o

I'm really glad you guys were smart enough not to be pulled in too much by it! I have faith in my fellow innocents :).

And sorry if I got a little worked up w/ the Holmes/Moriarty analogy...I get excited when I'm going after a baddie...like I think I declared my love for the warlock with *a few too many* exclamation marks...;P

Edit: Actually, I realized maybe he just picked me to finger out because I was the only one not online at the time to defend myself, lol...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Oh well ! Yoruichi . I don't know if you are a mafioso or not . You were just a part of my plan I had , which went horribly wrong . :wacko: I am a confirmed innocent . That should be clear now , after the QA's have won and GR dead and I am not a mafioso , since I wouldn't have taken the risk of lynching the bomb the very first time and getting killed the very first day .

So I have a suggestion , the masked lover who is an innocent should come out now . We will not lynch you , as we wouldn't want to lose you now and neither would the mafioso .

So you are safe in coming out now and you would be helping the innocents . So there's no danger , just help the innocents . :D

Oh well ! Yoruichi . I don't know if you are a mafioso or not . You were just a part of my plan I had , which went horribly wrong . :wacko: I am a confirmed innocent . That should be clear now , after the QA's have won and GR dead and I am not a mafioso , since I wouldn't have taken the risk of lynching the bomb the very first time and getting killed the very first day .

So I have a suggestion , the masked lover who is an innocent should come out now . We will not lynch you , as we wouldn't want to lose you now and neither would the mafioso .

So you are safe in coming out now and you would be helping the innocents . So there's no danger , just help the innocents . :D

Ha! Yes, your plan *did* go horribly wrong: I called your bluff, and you couldn't deliver, demonstrating your own guilt...

And the more I think about the bomb thing, the more I think it confirms your guilt rather than your innocence...

Like Unreality said in his "tips" section, it may be worth it for the mafia to go after the bomb...and the best time to do this is *the first day*, since there will be the most people to spread out the risk of blowing up across, and, since the first day lynching is usually a "jumping on the bandwagon" thing, it is the most likely that the mafia would get enough votes so that they could "change their minds" at the last moment, like I said...unfortunately for you, before you had a chance of changing your vote, PG managed to convince others to change theirs, and you couldn't lose your chance to get rid of the bomb, because, especially after she came out with being the bomb, the innocents wouldn't lynch her again, and the mafia would have to shoulder all the risk of getting rid of her yourselves, instead of dispersing it among innocents and QAs like the lynching did...

...plus, for you, who was one of the most vocal in trying to lynch her (besides BB, who was obviously trying to save himself), it was most risky to let her live because she would most likely check on one of your statements, and since she had come out, she could freely say you were lying and identify you as a mafioso.

I'm sorry GC, but now that you've alerted me to be suspicious of you, you can't get out of it now...

Okay ! Yoruichi , Let me make this clear . Before Mafia IV , the general idea was that , the lead lyncher was blown out in the case of the bomb being lynched . Only after unreality's confirmation that he would choose a random person(Mekal, in this case ) to die , did I come to know of the random person thing. So I didn't know that random person thing before I started leading the lynch of PG and the more accusations , you are dumping on me , the more suspicious it sounds . I initially thought you were an innocent , but now it looks as if you are a mafioso , trying to make my role known to mafia.

I must say , if were a mafioso , would I come out with the word "plan" openly? I don't think so . And first of all , why should I be so desperately searching for hints in Unreality's first night post ? Only so I could help lynch a definite baddie without losing an innocent.

...plus, for you, who was one of the most vocal in trying to lynch her (besides BB, who was obviously trying to save himself), it was most risky to let her live because she would most likely check on one of your statements, and since she had come out, she could freely say you were lying and identify you as a mafioso.

That's the point . If I was the most vocal , I can't be a mafioso and vice-versa . Why would I want attention on me the very first day, if I were a mafioso? And I wouldn't risk making a lie-detectable statement( I am an innocent ) . Because at that stage PG had even chances of escaping from the lynch (remember Brandon was almost lynched) and she could have lie-detected my statement that night . So why I would I risk it if I were a mafioso?

That's the point . If I was the most vocal , I can't be a mafioso and vice-versa . Why would I want attention on me the very first day, if I were a mafioso? And I wouldn't risk making a lie-detectable statement( I am an innocent ) . Because at that stage PG had even chances of escaping from the lynch (remember Brandon was almost lynched) and she could have lie-detected my statement that night . So why I would I risk it if I were a mafioso?

That's *exactly* my point...why GC absolutely could not risk letting PG live, at the risk of being blown up himself...he knew that if she lived, she would check him, so he had to kill her and take the 1/5 (or was it 1/6) chance that he would get blown up to the 100% chance that she would discover he was lying if she checked you. He probably had not originally planned to have to end up voting for her, but it was just another "plan" that went wrong...

And I did not *dump suspicion* on anyone, I am simply making observations about the evidence and giving my analysis of it. GC is the one who tried to "dump suspicion" on me by accusing me of being one of the mafiosos with *absolutely no evidence* at all, and he did it by *lying* about having evidence. I am sorry, but doing that makes him the most suspicious of all, and the way he did it with the clever little spoiler makes him the most devious, and therefore I think he is the most dangerous baddie to have around.

And yes, I am using "he" instead of "you" because I am now convinced that GC is indeed a mafioso and therefore nothing I say will affect his actions. I am speaking directly to the innocents left with me and hoping you will listen and ally with me to win this for the innocents. GC tried to cast suspicion on me, and it not only failed, but alerted my suspicions about him. When he realized it had failed, he tried to back down and convince me that he was an innocent, which I can't believe after making these observations. He has now realized that he can't convince me of his innocence and has therefore gone back to trying to cast the suspicion on me.

I have tried to put my observations/reasoning as clearly as I can (I admit I am a little hurried and really sleepy XP), and as I have said, I have faith in my fellow innocents. I don't know when Unreality is going to leave for the weekend, so I leave you until next week with this: I know of my own innocence, so I didn't hesitate to call GC's bluff. He wavers all over the place with his assertions/accusations. I think it's pretty clear...now we should try to figure out who the other mafia are...like I said, I think CL and johnson are mafia, but I really am unsure about the last one...

Good night, and have a great weekend all! (Including you Unreality ;))

Actually last night I sort of protected you Mathgirl . If I were mafioso , I wouldn't have done that . And how did I help you? This is how . If the mafia killed you , you would be revealed as an innocent . So it was in the best interests of the mafia to keep you alive , so that one of the mafioso identities could be misled . Now I am doubting , whether I should have done that , i.e. , protecting you indirectly. <_<

Now I am sure Scott wasn't the QA . It was Mekal . Mekal met up with Joe's Student , the first night . That's why Brandon was using a secret means of communication , the next day. Otherwise he could have directly PM'ed JS . Mekal was dead the first day , so he couldn't join in Aka's killing .

So there are no QA's now , anyway . As told by dawh , there are 5 innocents and 4 mafioso .

QA's : Brandon , JS and Mekal .

Mekal , nice ghostly diversion . :P

I would take that as a compliment to my brain power but its not true. Notice how unreality dosen't talk about the doctor unless they save someone, so the 2 QA's probably split up to cover more people and unreality didn't talk about the failed QA. But if thats what you want to think then go ahead.

Edited by Mekal

I would take that as a compliment to my brain power but its not true. Notice how unreality dosen't talk about the doctor unless they save someone, so the 2 QA's probably split up to cover more people and unreality didn't talk about the failed QA. But if thats what you want to think then go ahead.

Hi Mekal ! Hey , it's freezing :brrrr: . Oh no ! You are Mekal's ghost , aren't you ? Nooooooo , don't kill me!!! :P

Just kidding . But I am not talking about the QA's kill not appearing , I am talking about Brandon not being among the 2 QA's who met the first night.

But wait ! I shouldn't be talking to the dead , it's prohibited . :P

hmmm, Yoruchi san, Grey cells......oh my!

keep it up, the more you banter back and forth, the more

reason I have to suspect one of you....

Usually the one who talks the most,

lets just say this, people with big cars are making up for something....

Edited by crazypainter

Grey Cells and Yoruichi are bickering like a married couple, or maybe masked lovers. I think though that since Grey Cells wants the innocent masked lover to come out is so he and his mafia brothers don't kill him/her by accident and lose a Mafioso. Leave it up to Unreality to make the masked lovers two guys or two girls. LOL

Sorry GC

Grey Cells and Yoruichi are bickering like a married couple, or maybe masked lovers. I think though that since Grey Cells wants the innocent masked lover to come out is so he and his mafia brothers don't kill him/her by accident and lose a Mafioso. Leave it up to Unreality to make the masked lovers two guys or two girls. LOL

Sorry GC

Just my opinion but i vote for two womyn!

But maybe thats just cause I am one.

dnae , you couldn't be more wrong . :P I am asking the identity of the innocent masked lover , so that , he/she will not be targeted by the mafia and we , the innocents may know for sure who that is , so that if the protective roles are around , they need not protect him/her . ;)

I see no harm in that GC, Dnae.

Why wouldnt the innocent ML want to be named?

I see no harm in that GC, Dnae.

Why wouldnt the innocent ML want to be named?

The Masked Lovers only both die if one is lynched...read the rules on page one. If one is killed at night, the other lover is safe. At least that's what I remember reading, so coming out is a double-edged sword; you are safe for the lynching and dead at night. :mellow: Of course that means that the innocent masked lover could already be dead... :o

As for GC and Y-s, it definitely seems like one of them has to be a mafia member, but as to which, I'm not entirely sure. Other than her attacking GC, I haven't seen Yoruichi-san do anything terribly suspicious; and her actions in that regard seem more like self-defense. Then again, GC was willing to take the rap for the bomb lynching, which seems very unmafiaish (that should be a word :D:P ). Of course, he could have read the rules, realized that he had good odds, and counted on others not reading the rules, but that seems a little bit of a stretch. :unsure:

So, such as it is, I still can't make a final decision; I'm waiting for more evidence.

BTW, once all of the QAs were dead, Unreality mentioned that the Warlock might still be an important character...does anyone know why? :huh:

oh..the game is stopped for two days?

I really can't make up my mind...who to vote for? GC and Yoruichi are fighting :P this vote is very important for the innocents....we have to vote carefully..the good point is that we have two days in hand :)