BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV

unreality

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw Nayana i disagree, your pulling at strings here :P lol. What about CL or Johnson, they seem more likely no? But your ignoring that... and going after someone who has brought up stuff about both sets of baddies.... B))

I dunno about others but u r accusing me and thats what I really care about! <_< U seem to be linking people very cleverly and bringing out stuff which isnt based on facts but just on assumptions and ifs and buts B))

I will post more later .

sorry unreality..had to post this. :rolleyes:

Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, Players, Introduction & An Intercepted Message

--

Night One - Awesomeness in Question

Day One - Trial by Fire

Night Two - The Ancient War Continues... or does it?

Day Two - Frog Spawn

The Guardian

Late at night

"Come oooon, Doctor Doctor Doctor," the Mafia Assassin urged, prowling back and forth.

"Shut it!" one of the other Mafiosos snapped. The others were busy unloaded crates from a large truck.

"You shut it!" the Assassin snarled back, and returned to cooing for the saving roles: "Come ooon, Healer Healer Healer..." he/she whispered in the foggy night air, gun at the ready. No Doctor or Healer came. The Assassin swore and tucked their gun away, turning to help the other Mafiosos unload the crates. Wisps of fog swirled by, caught in some unseen ghostly wind, and the baddies' breath came out as clouds of mist in the cool air. The moon was a hazy lampglow from behind dark clouds, and the night was dark.

"I'll be right back," one of the Mafiosos said, and slipped away. About ten minutes later the Thief returned, to see the last crate being unloaded.

The truck was parked in front of a large warehouse- the warehouse that the Mafia had deduced was being used as a temporary base for the QAs.

The Mafiosos scuttled away, and the Godfather pressed the trigger button.

BOOM! The members of the Family walked away, ignoring the massive fireball behind them.

The last QA, Joe's Student, watched from a nearby hill. "Hehehe," he chuckled. "That's why we called it a temporary base." He turned and slid down the shale at his end of the hill, unstrapping a long, serrated blade. It was time for someone to die.

The Mafia, across town by now, felt the same way.

Knock knock knock.

"Who is it?" Pw0nzd called.

"The police!" one of the Mafiosos called from the other side of the door. "Open up! You've been accused of stealing doughnuts from our officers!"

"What the..." Pw0nzd mumbled, and got up from his lazy chair, shuffling to the door. He peered out of the peephole in the door.

On the other side, the Mafiosos noticed the light flow from the peephole getting covered. They nodded to each other, and one of them drew a sawed-off shotgun.

"I can't see you very well..." Pw0nzd said. "Are you sure you're cops? I think I should call the real poli-" BAM! The shotgun fired, leaving a gaping hole in the door (and in Pw0nzd's body). He fell backwards with a bloody grunt.

The Mafia, without ever setting foot in the man's home, departed.

Another end of town

Esjohnson, grumbling about all the annoying people he had to work with. People, people, people, he muttered to himself. He opened the door- and stood in shock for a few seconds. The Thief had broken into his house!

Down the road

Yoruichi-san slept fitfully, unaware of the massive beast that was sitting, vigilant, on her doorstep.

The Sphinx stifled a yawn and continued his/her lookout- wait, there! Was that a person, approaching? And they had a wicked-looking sword! As they came into focus, the Sphinx saw who they were: it was Joe's Student!

The QA approached, holding the sword lightly in his right hand.

"If you want to kill Yoruichi-san," the Sphinx said in a deep, rumbling voice. "You have to get past me. There are eleven chickens in a chicken coup. One of them-"

"I don't care about Yoruichi," hissed the QA. "I came here for you, Frozen!"

The Sphinx blinked in surprise at the unveiling of his identity. "How did you find me? In Mafia III, if someone came after the Sphinx on an odd night, they found the house empty, you have to try again on an even night..."

"Unreality forgot to put in those rules for Mafia IV, and changing them now would seem unfair, especially to me," the QA replied. The Sphinx nodded sensibly. Then they both snapped out of their divine connection.

"You're so gonna die," the QA spat venomously, wielding the sword.

The Sphinx laughed. "You didn't think I took out some life insurance?"

Joe's Student looked puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"There are bombs rigged under Quarky's capital city right now- and they are kept from exploding by a remote control that uses my heart as energy- if I die and my heart stops beating, your capital city blows sky high!"

"Yeah, right," JS scoffed. "You think I'm dumb enough to fall for that sh*t? Face me like a man, Sphinxy boy!"

"As you wish." The Sphinx twisted inward onto himself, melded back into a human- Frozen. Frozen drew a heavy blunderbuss from his back pocket. "It looks like you took a knife to a gun fight," Frozen said, smiling, and fired.

To his surprise, the QA rolled out of the way. Quick little bugger! Frozen thought, and re-aimed.

BAM! As the blunderbuss fired, JS surged up from his ground position to ram Frozen's arm, aiming the gun high up into the air as it fired. Frozen snarled in pain as the sword was rammed between his ribs, and subconsciously he began to transform, muscles bulging, his arms extending, hair growing along his growing body, his face become more powerful, eyes massive yellow disks with thin black slits. The sword shattered in the Sphinx's ribs and fell useless to the ground, and the blunderbuss clattered away on the pavement as well.

"Come on!" roared the Sphinx, blood oozing from the slash on his flank. "You can do better than that!"

"I can," seethed JS, and rolled to the blunderbuss, picking it up and firing it at the Sphinx's face- one of the yellow eyes exploded with fluid and blood. The Sphinx roared, rearing up on his hind legs and blindly batting the air with his paws. The bullet had come through to his brain! Then the Sphinx crashed down on top of JS with such force that the heavy furred paw ripped into JS's chest and tore his lungs and heart. JS, coughing blood and dying, twisted his shattered arm to point the gun straight into the dying Sphinx's face.

"This is for Quarky," JS hissed, before firing point-black into the beast's face. As the Sphinx died on top of him, JS's head collapsed backwards, his life spent.

Quarky Capital City

"Yes!" the Quarky technicians shouted happily. Some hugged each other, some punched the air in joy. The Sphinx was dead! The Sphinx was dead! The QAs had valiantly cleared a path through the desert for Quarky to advance. First they would overrun Oasis, turning it into a desert stronghold, and from there they would advance on the more civilized areas of Content Phoenix. Victory was theirs! The Sphinx was dead! The Sphinx was-

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

The explosion could be heard all the way in Oasis as Quarky's capital city blew to pieces in a single, devastating second.

The Sphinx hadn't been bluffing.

Host: Unreality

1) Frost - DEAD [Grim Reaper] Killed by Mafia

2) Brandonb - DEAD [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

3) Kingofpain - DEAD [Defender] Killed by QAs

4) Pw0nzd - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae

9) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

10) GC

11) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [bomb]

12) Slick - DEAD [?] Killed by QAs

13) Kat

14) Wreath - DEAD [Ninja] Killed by Grim Reaper

15) Joe's Student - DEAD & SEMIVICTORIOUS [QA] Sphinx's revenge

16) Johnson

17) Frozen - DEAD [sphinx] Killed by QAs

18) CrazyPainter

19) Yoruichi

20) Mekal - DEAD [?] Blown up

it's the 3rd day! There are only 9 people left! The QAs won, but then also didn't win (with the destruction of the capital city), so basically we're playing for second place, SORT OF, sort of first place too ;D it's complicated :P but what matters is- the game goes on!

P.S. the Warlock may in fact still be important :D

remember, I won't be here at all Saturday or Sunday (tomorrow or the next day) so either this is a really long day, or we finish the day today but then it's a long night wait. Or I could have Martini lock it until I get back and we can continue then. Whatever you guys want :P

I think we should keep going with the day until whenever you leave. Then you can lock it (or just say "no more posts" until you return.

changing semi-victorious to VICTORIOUS!

THE QAs WON!!! w00t! :D

2) Brandonb - DEAD [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae

10) GC

13) Kat

15) Joe's Student - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA] Sphinx's revenge

16) Johnson

18) CrazyPainter

19) Yoruichi

Mwhahaha, I may be dead,

but I left something so us your head

The Quark agents may have won,

But the war with the mafia has only begun...

Mwahahahaha..... *Ghost fades away*

;)

all the QAs won:

2) Brandonb - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae

10) GC

13) Kat

15) Joe's Student - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA] Sphinx's revenge

16) Johnson

18) CrazyPainter

19) Yoruichi

I just can't reveal the other QA cuz he/she is unknown ;D

yeah, so the QAs won, but then their country had a minor setback (lol) thus leaving gameplay to continue :P

Edited by unreality

I'm not voting yet...still thinking about things. :huh:

But I do want to point out that the fate of Awesomeville hangs on a knife's edge. As I see it, all four mafia are still alive at this point. The Assassin, the Thief and the Godfather were all mentioned in the night post and the Bankroller's identity is always revealed when he dies. That's a 5-4 margin, so odds are strongly against the innocents succeeding in a lynch vote unless they all join together unanimously against a mafia member.

At this point, I'm still thinking and looking for clues in previous posts as to who the mafia members are likely to be. :unsure:

oh, cmon... I read Mafia III and the Sphinx couldn't die when... COME ON!!! :(:(:( I thought I was being inconspicious! How did you know, Joe? Was it a lucky guess, or did you really know? Eh, at least I blew up the capital of Quarky ^_^ ... and now the innocents have a second chance...

now that I'm dead, I can't really speculate, right? oh well, I guess I'll just wait for Mafia V

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, Players, Introduction & An Intercepted Message

--

Night One - Awesomeness in Question

Day One - Trial by Fire

Night Two - The Ancient War Continues... or does it?

Day Two - Frog Spawn

Night Three - The Guardian

2) Brandonb - DEAD & VICTORIOUS [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae