BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV

unreality

I vote Yes, but we could just let Dawh slide as a non voter...But sticking strictly to the rules we need to wait the whole time and then Dawh would forfeit and potentially allow Bradonb to come back along with others like Frost and friends, :P, to assume non-actives' roles.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...then everyone would know who you were...???

Lol, sorry, and I wasn't trying to lynch you from the word go...I was all for lynching no one last night, remember? I have nothing against you...I just can't ignore the clues, sorry...

As an aside, I think we should have a "fairy godmother" role for Mafia V, which grants the wish of one person a night to save someone else or something...although the pming could get confusing...

no offense but imagine the story for that.

Frost did a spinning back flip to doge the mafia pistol, his acute hearing picked up two people shooting, one to his left and one behind him. Another shoot was fired as he did the matrix to dodge it. He dived underneath the table when he saw one more mafioso walking right next to the table he was hiding under. he shoot out and tackled him. As the mafioso fell he hit the edge of the table and was knocked out. Frost grabbed the mafioso's gun and picked up the body to use as a shield.

"if you shoot your friend dies" Frost called out. Suddenly he span around realizing that the last mafioso was holding a gun to his head. "Goodbye" the mafioso said. He shot. but the bullet never got there. Instead the fairy godmother poofed up and turned all the guns in the candy canes. "grreat! Now puzzlegirls wish is completed!" said the fairy god mother in a happy voice. Then the mafia left and Frost went back to sleep.

DISCLAMIER: this has nothing to do with Mafia IV the names were the first ones I thought of

Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, Players, Introduction & An Intercepted Message

Night One - Awesomeness in Question

Day One - Trial by Fire

Night Two - The Ancient War Continues... or does it?

Frog Spawn

Sunset

The sun sank into a red stupor in the horizon, casting an ephereal glow across Awesomeville. Lightning bugs sparked in the quickly darkening sky, and the townsfolk chatting in hushed voices in the refurbished town square. They were waiting for the firing squad to retrieve Brandonb from the jail, where had been locked up until the time of the lynching.

At another area of Awesomeville, a flying pig glided in for a landing in an abandoned street, a message wrapped around its leg- the same message it had tried to deliver a few days before, but apparently it hadn't gotten through to the townspeople, so here it was again.

Suddenly, a bazooka rocket came blazing from the window on one of the houses, streaking across the sky and slamming point-blank into the pig, incinerating it into bacon- and then ash- in a millisecond. Its message died along with it.

Almost nobody in the town square heard the explosion- they were busy waiting for the firing squad to return with Brandonb.

Over by the jailhouse

The 5-man firing squad approached the jail, confused looks on their faces. Something was off about the jail window... a section in the middle had been melted away, twisted bars falling into drooping tangles, leaving a gaping hole. Inside the jail cell was a smashed wine glass.

"What the..." one of them muttered.

Ten minutes earlier

"Come on," hissed the QA. "Hurry up! Your lynching is supposed to start soon."

"Shhh," hushed Brandonb. "I'm working here." The Master of Subterfuge was carefully watching his steady hands as he poured one liquid into a wine glass, where it splashed into another liquid and started to fizzle. "A wine glass?" inquired Brandonb, arching his eyebrows.

"It was all I could find," the other QA mumbled. "I had to rush."

Finally Brandonb returned the flask of the original liquid back to his QA friend, who pocketed it. "Stand back," Brandonb warned, before tossing the wine glass at the bars of the jail window. It shattered, scattering the acidic substance everywhere. It quickly went to work, hissing as it ate away the bars and melted them, causing them to droop against each other as a hole was steadily opened.

Finally ten it was wide enough, and the Master of Subterfuge crawled out, assisted by his friend. Then they ran, stumbling down the street, through an alley, down a long boulevard, off onto a side-road, over a fence into a residential area, and then suddenly they found themselves in a corn field. On they ran, pushing aside the towering yellow stalks of maize.

Then, Brandonb doubled over in pain, coughing, his face greening.

"What's goin' on?" the other QA asked, nervous. "Brandonb, are you okay, man?"

Brandonb did not spare an answer. Instead he fell to his knees, his face turning the color of frog spawn- which is what he started vomiting out.

"Ugh!" the other QA was horrified, and scared- he/she had no idea what to do.

"Get...I...the...UHH!" Brandonb spewed out another helping of green goo and fell back on his haunches, groaning in agony. Then his skin started to bubble.

"Oh my Unreality Oh my Unreality Oh my Unreality..." the other QA started to say, fidgeting. What if he/she caught some sort of disease? They began to back away from Brandonb warily.

Little ruptures started to appear all over Brandonb's skin, and he roared in agony, then it stopped and he gasped in pain, then it resumed and roared in agony again. The ruptures grew wider and wider and greener and greener... the other QA, screaming his/her head off, started running as Brandonb exploded from the inside-out, blasting green muck everywhere, and then green sparks fizzled as they rose into the sky. There was nothing left of Brandonb.

The other QA crept back to the scene, overly cautious. Then the realization dawned: Brandonb must've been bewitched by the Warlock yesterday! The QA turned tail and ran, sprinting into a nearby grove of trees.

Almost at that same instant, the firing squad came sprinting into the corn field, exhausted after chasing the distant sounds of their quarry across town. They had been drawn to the corn field from the sounds of someone screaming, and it didn't take long to discover the green go splattered against the corn stalks.

"Whoa," one of them said.

Host: Unreality

1) Frost - DEAD [Grim Reaper] Killed by Mafia

2) Brandonb - DEAD [QA - MoS] Killed by Warlock

3) Kingofpain - DEAD [Defender] Killed by QAs

4) Pw0nzd

5) Cherry Lane

6) Dawh

7) Nayana

8) Dnae

9) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

10) GC

11) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [bomb]

12) Slick - DEAD [?] Killed by QAs

13) Kat

14) Wreath - DEAD [Ninja] Killed by Grim Reaper

15) Joe's Student

16) Johnson

17) Frozen

18) CrazyPainter

19) Yoruichi

20) Mekal - DEAD [?] Blown up

the third night is beginning!

Warlock, whoever you are, I <3 you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And was I right or was I right? ;P

But, hmm....crap....feeling more like a target....would it be selfish of me to ask for some protection... :unsure:

No one else noticed those clues :mellow:

Hmm.... I think I may have met my match B))

No worries though, BrandonB will be back...... ;)

Thank you, high compliment ;).

Actually, it was really clever...this is really fun...which is why I'd *really* like not to die tonight... O_O

Okay...I'll shut up now ;P

When I had to leave the Den early today, I didn’t think I’d miss much. The voting doesn’t get real until near the end. Now I come back to find out the day is over! Well, thank goodness for the Warlock role! Yes, I know I wanted to lynch GC, because I held him responsible for PG’s death. But everyone else seemed to but the blame on Bb. That’s ok, too – but we could have gotten two baddies today had more of you agreed with me…oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Wow. Just wow. :blink:

I left just before the second night post and I was out all day and get back to find that Awesomeville went mad.

Thanks to all who voted to give me time to speak and stay in the game (especially the omni-present, ever-gracious host god Unreality B)) )

Those were some crazy twists and turns. Now of course, I have to find something to say to prove my intent to participate; though having spent an hour reading this, I have to say that I'm still rather speechless.

I usually a man of few words and I spend a lot of time reading and thinking and writing long posts that by the time they are written often turn out to be moot, but I guess I'll have enough time now since I seem to be one of the only people on right now (which is not surprising since it's the middle of the night all across the US including where I am. :wacko: )

I not sure the best way to contribute at this point, I would expect most of the healing roles to have made their decisions by now and a lot of what I've been thinking has already been said, but while I'm not sure who GC is, he doesn't seem like mafia. He was convinced that PG was a masked lover and not the bomb, and he took full responsibility as the most outspoken critic at the lynching to be the target for the bomb. Cherry Lane's insistence to go after him certainly seems suspicious at this point, but since I'm still digesting the information that from the past 20 pages and I'm dead tired, I'm afraid I don't currently have anymore nuggets of wisdom for the citizens of Awesomeville at this time. I'll have to see what the morning (or perhaps mid-afternoon :P ) brings.

I just want to add:

Warlock, brilliant work; it looks like the QAs are going to be looking for you and the Sphinx now...I hope the saving roles know whom they should protect.

One last question I have: it didn't seem clear if the third QA met up the other two at Slick's home; there were only ever two QAs mentioned. Two QAs were communicating before that, but the way that the post was written it seemed like the second QA mentioned in the post only got to Slick's by chance. Either Unreality can clarify this, or Mekal could have been the other QA... :unsure:

Math Girl , great deduction . :P Alongwith the QA part , figuring out he was the MoS was a stroke of genius . Thank God , you weren't overpowered by your hate for capital punishment . :D

I will prove my innocence before the night dies . So stay cool and hang onto Awesomeville , my fellow innocents . :D

I will prove my innocence before the night dies . So stay cool and hang onto Awesomeville , my fellow innocents . :D

You just seemed awfully suspicious the way you went after PG the first day....but I'll admit I may have been wrong about you. If you're the jihadist and you're planning to take me down with you, all I can say is that would be a waste of two innocent lives....

the day ended so fast...just read the night post...Three cheers for Warlock...hip hip hurray! :D

great we lynched a baddie tonight...(but suddenly Nayana is feeling unprotected....fearing the QAs and Mafiosos :unsure: )

One last question I have: it didn't seem clear if the third QA met up the other two at Slick's home; there were only ever two QAs mentioned. Two QAs were communicating before that, but the way that the post was written it seemed like the second QA mentioned in the post only got to Slick's by chance. Either Unreality can clarify this, or Mekal could have been the other QA... :unsure:

QA's

The question now is then who is the last QA? (I agree with Dawh that the night posts were unclear and after reading over them a few times I think a QA was dead before the attack on Slick). The Warlock made a great choice, finding out Brandonb was a QA has messed up my roster bigtime. I was so sure he was someone else instead... i have more thinking to do. :blink:

Hopefully there's more to the Warlocks logical reasoning and he can guess the other QA (or maybe there is two hmmm... im confused). There were 2 people other than BB who didn't vote for BB, (Grey Cells instead) and they were:

Cherry Lane

Johnson

So obviously they're high contenders to be a QA.

But then of course if either of them were a QA then they would have known BB was the MoS (good job btw Y-S ;) ) so maybe the QA's thought they could stay safe by voting for BB, maybe they have a good idea who the Sphinx was and thought they could help BB escape and kill the Sphinx that night before BB would be lynched the next day.. just in time for a victory

So that means that just because Cherry Lane + Johnson didn't vote for BB doesn't mean they are QA's, simply because he was MoS..

What do you think? Especially you Y-S... :P

Edit: I'l have some stuff on Mafiosos soon.. Hope this helps Awesomeville! :D

Edited by Joe's Student