BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

My male calico cat showed just as much love and friendship as my dog who had cancer and passed. I suppose it depends on the place / environment where it is to be housed. Some argue that cats are a better pet and vice -versa. This is a place to put your experiences and feelings toward this subject.

who is first??? I love all animals, and some insects. :)

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

this picture always gets me

aa_cat_kicks_dog.jpg

i've had em both and like them both. they're so different though that i can't really compare the two.

Ha! That's a good one. I've seen some pretty funny animal fights in my house. And I don't just mean me and my housemates. Thinking back on it, it was the fish that got the most brutal. We accidentally or maybe purposefully raised a tank of cold-blooded murderers. It was like Lost Boys only in a fish tank.

Stray cats are able to survive this hot desert more than any dog . They can cool off in the sewers. They can find food and water to keep alive . Maybe, from some of the neighbors. I have not yet seen any stray dogs around. There may be a couple. We have stray cats all over but, not always out in the open. Unfortunately, they are most of road kill.

I wish people could adopt all of these cats. They multiply to fast. They can't catch them all to fix them. We are hoping for a humanely way to rectify the situation. The state is only willing to spend so much per year. I'll take this time to ask all to adopt a cat or a dog if possible. You will be glad that you did. :D

i have a dog. but i really want a cat. but all of my family are totally against cats as apperently 'all of them' are horrible snappy things that kill all the birds.

and they dont believe me when i say that they are only strays and wild and that domestic cats live indoors and have no need to hunt.

cats can have really sweet natures and be playfull and interactive, but only if it was raised correctly. which makes finding the perfect cat really hard and quite impossible.

i have a friend whos cat was a stray but they adopted him, and its like it has a split personality, one second it would cuddle up to you then it would suddenly bite you.

but dogs on the other hand...

they're sweet, playfull, affectionate and their totally loyal. and thats all that needs to be said.

so im totally split on this topic. they both have there postives and negatives. lets just love them both equally. :P

Evil dogs may chew on the furniture or if alone long enough will mess on your carpet, lose more hair(fur) and bark all night because of something that is'nt important to anyone ,like a squirrel. Many dogs have turned on their owners and bit them for whatever reason. That is why I say it depends on the home and people inside to decide which is a more practical pet. Yes, dogs are more liked. They are still the most favorable I guess. Those who have had cats, know that they can be just as good, and some preferring as most favorable. Cats are not all bad and rotten. They'll kill mice.

i have a dog. but i really want a cat. but all of my family are totally against cats as apperently 'all of them' are horrible snappy things that kill all the birds.

and they dont believe me when i say that they are only strays and wild and that domestic cats live indoors and have no need to hunt.

cats can have really sweet natures and be playfull and interactive, but only if it was raised correctly. which makes finding the perfect cat really hard and quite impossible.

i have a friend whos cat was a stray but they adopted him, and its like it has a split personality, one second it would cuddle up to you then it would suddenly bite you.

but dogs on the other hand...

they're sweet, playfull, affectionate and their totally loyal. and thats all that needs to be said.

so im totally split on this topic. they both have there postives and negatives. lets just love them both equally. :P

I just thought I would bring up an earlier post which I don't think all dogs are totally loyal. Some have been known to turn on their owners, mind you.

btw that^^ is real

edit: theres another pic of it that you can find on the news/internet

Looks like an experiment. Definitely not the most favorable pet. Any cat in the world would make a better pet. Cloning animals and mixing them is becoming more popular. So it is not the biggest surprise to me but, how very sudden it was. This is the first time I heard about it. :o

its probably a dog,

it washed up on the shore of Montauk (long island, new york), and people have been trying to figure out what it is

as i said its probably a dog that drowned and decomposed, though others say otherwise

the other picture looks more like a dog

Instead of grossing people out, how about getting back to the most favorable (cats or dogs) and why. Appreciating everyone who sticks with the topic. You are welcome to put your own cat or dog, if you are explaining why it is most favorable. :)

Dogs and Cats are quiet common pets. How about something else ??? A reptile, maybe a snake, a non poisonous one, like a Python or a Boa and you don't need to feed them everyday too :P

I have two of those. They're ball pythons and if you don't clean out they're cage regularly they smell horrible.

But out of cats, dogs, and snakes I would have to choose a snake but just out of cats and dogs I would have to choose dogs cause I had a purebred German Shepard once and he was so freakin cool but we had to give him away cause we had to move 4 states away...

i think this is a dog,

its called the mantauk monster

look it up

IMG_1883_3_.JPG

Wow that doesn't look like a dog or a raccoon...

Did anybody besides me notice the beak? And the front paws resemble something of a web-like structure...

When little dogs nibble at ankles, it means they want to play. They aren't meaning to hurt you, although them teeth can be sharp and cut or scratch

you a little. If trained at an early age not to bite/nibble then the problem is over when they're young. Substitute your ankle with a bone or chewy thing. Dogs will be dogs. If it is dislikeable then get a free cat. We have dozens and dozens near me.

I would prefer my cat to play rough with me than not at all. I had little teeth marks on my hands and arms and a few scratches. That is nothing to worry about as they go away very fast. I would scratch his belly and he wanted to play rough. They need some physical attention it keeps them happy.

No I have been full on ATTACked by stupid chihuahua's

chuawawas are VICIOUS!!! one growled at me from behind a fence and i thought is was a rotwiler... then i looked over the fence... :P

i have a golden retriever and she is really smart... she can already open doors and fetch(and actually bring her toys back for another throw) and she is only 1 year old!!!!

I have both. And they both have their perks. Cats are loving, they love to cuddle, and you can actually leave the house for a day or two without worrying about them. Dogs need more attention, they have to be taken outside etc. But they are also loving and love to cuddle (even though they weigh 65+ lbs, they don't know they're big!). And I never worry about being alone at night if my husbands not home. As for the little anklenippers... my sister had a chihuahua, she was a witch. But my brother also had one and she was so sweet. I think socialization is the key.

I have both. And they both have their perks. Cats are loving, they love to cuddle, and you can actually leave the house for a day or two without worrying about them. Dogs need more attention, they have to be taken outside etc. But they are also loving and love to cuddle (even though they weigh 65+ lbs, they don't know they're big!). And I never worry about being alone at night if my husbands not home. As for the little anklenippers... my sister had a chihuahua, she was a witch. But my brother also had one and she was so sweet. I think socialization is the key.
I will agree because if an animal is correctly trained and reared properly in its first year, or two.

They will have a much more decent behavioral pattern of being socially playful and not overly rough.

Another tip for a favorable pet:

16_1_23.gifAlways pat your pet on the head to show that you are not ignoring them and encourage the

good habits they show. They will return the favor by being more obedient in most cases. It is a compliment to them and they will feel loved. Bye for now. :)

Credits to LIS. tnx.

Edited by akaslickster