BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

My male calico cat showed just as much love and friendship as my dog who had cancer and passed. I suppose it depends on the place / environment where it is to be housed. Some argue that cats are a better pet and vice -versa. This is a place to put your experiences and feelings toward this subject.

who is first??? I love all animals, and some insects. :)

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Dogs are much better pets . I agree that cats are lovely and purr quite nicely , but my opinion is that they are sneaky and not faithful . A dog is quite the opposite . Dogs are lovely and in addition they make good friends , unlike cats .

But any animal makes a good pet , unless the animal happens to be a homo sapien who can stab you in the back . :P

And Aka , congrats on almost-2nd-to-reach-2000-posts . LIS is already on the peak . :lol:

I just feel that cats are... well.. scaredey-cats

you can never pet them unless you stay perfectly still for like, an hour, and they think you're a statue or something.

you should get yourself a good Husky.

they're beautiful.

and as far as cleanness is conserned, Husky's keep themselves spotless, they don't have that dog smell, and I've never seen a cat cleaner

only downside is they shed... A LOT!

My dogs risked their lives to save me from a house fire. Ended up with only a 3rd degree burn on one arm. (explains the phoenix Avatar. :) )

Pretty sure a cat would have found a rope ladder, broke a window, threw the ladder out and got the heck outta there! (OK, they're smart.) <_<

Still, going to have to go with Dogs!!! :D

i see you've now done 1999 posts!

when are you going to do 2000th?

happy 1999 post to u!

Dogs are much better pets . I agree that cats are lovely and purr quite nicely , but my opinion is that they are sneaky and not faithful . A dog is quite the opposite . Dogs are lovely and in addition they make good friends , unlike cats .

But any animal makes a good pet , unless the animal happens to be a homo sapien who can stab you in the back . :P

And Aka , congrats on almost-2nd-to-reach-2000-posts . LIS is already on the peak . :lol:

Thanks guys. Not a big deal. Wait for 5k. Cats are cleaner if they use the box always, and not shed alot. :)

I like dogs. And Cats. But mostly dogs. Speaking of which i am getting a siberian huskey soon. Next friday. Im naming him Lason. Any thoughts on the name?

Most uncommon unless you mean Jason. I'm not a good pet namer, but I guess it's fine either way. /They do eat alot. I hate cleaning dumps. I'm afraid if I get another pet, I will be so attached to it. I just mean I don't want to go through any sickness or loss again. It's really heart-breaking. It was so hard to give away my cat, when I moved. I had him for a about 2 years and he thought I was like his dad. If I was allowed to bring him with me, he would probably have sprayed up the new place I'm in now. :lol:

Edited by akaslickster

Dogs are not always the best pet, mind all of you. They bark too much and also can be a nuisance. I still like dogs as well. Dogs happen to obey and learn less stubbornly depending on the breed. The sickest thing is dog-fighting. There should be a major fine for that type of cruelty. I dissapprove of any kind of cruelty due to my love of animals. I donate money to the North Shore Animal League when possible. Some animals are more likable and family-wise than humans. I will never stand by and see any animal mistreated. I take immediate action upon that.

Some of my favorite insects are: any that feed off of the pesty ones. Ladybugs are cool and don't bite. Then I like those big moths that eat the rotten mosquitos. Arachnids are the best defense against flies thanks to their webs.

If any of you are scared of the above, let me know why. I can help you overcome the fear. Peace out to all!

I had an indoor cat that had no front claws and was scared of the outside. They will play just as much as dogs. My cat would nibble on my hand only to play , not to hurt. He was very smart with his paws and teeth to open things or while play fighting. Only thing was I had to keep the toilet paper up out of his reach or he would take big bites out of it and try to unravel it. He would not stop jumping on the bed until I got up and chased him. He loved the chase.

Pretty sure a cat would have found a rope ladder, broke a window, threw the ladder out and got the heck outta there! (OK, they're smart.) <_<
and then the evil cat :angry: would have cut the rope ladder so that you couldnt use it behind them.

yes, there are evil dogs as well, but on average, cats have a population advantage in this department.

Evil dogs may chew on the furniture or if alone long enough will mess on your carpet, lose more hair(fur) and bark all night because of something that is'nt important to anyone ,like a squirrel. Many dogs have turned on their owners and bit them for whatever reason. That is why I say it depends on the home and people inside to decide which is a more practical pet. Yes, dogs are more liked. They are still the most favorable I guess. Those who have had cats, know that they can be just as good, and some preferring as most favorable. Cats are not all bad and rotten. They'll kill mice.

I've always been a dog lover. I had 4 different dogs growing up and now I have two of my own. They are Dixie, a german shepherd-border collie mix (too freakin' smart!) and Jack, a purebred mutt. :D We rescued them from the pound (which is the way to go!) and they are wonderful companions, friendly yet fiercly loyal. They do shed like mad though...YUK!

I've always been a dog lover. I had 4 different dogs growing up and now I have two of my own. They are Dixie, a german shepherd-border collie mix (too freakin' smart!) and Jack, a purebred mutt. :D We rescued them from the pound (which is the way to go!) and they are wonderful companions, friendly yet fiercly loyal. They do shed like mad though...YUK!

my mom hates it when my dog sheds btw i stole ur signature

my mom hates it when my dog sheds btw i stole ur signature

They should have something at Petsmart for furry critters. It is like a magnet for lint, dust, fur, etc. The most expensive wand will probably do the best job. Animals are scared of vacuums, mostly.

A dog is a more protective pet regarding people and their valuables. That is not debateable because cats may hide under the bed. :)

I have a friend who has epilepsy and has a dog with her all the time as her dog has been trained to sense when she is going to have a seizure before she has one. Her dog is amazing. And then there are the dogs for the blind, I'm guessing they would be great as well.

I am an animal lover, I have had both cats and dogs, I am a vegetarian because I love all animals.

But for this poll my vote goes to the dogs.

Dogs and Cats are quiet common pets. How about something else ??? A reptile, maybe a snake, a non poisonous one, like a Python or a Boa and you don't need to feed them everyday too :P

I love my doggies. I have 2 mini fox terriers and they are excellent at catching mice too. Have you heard of Dogster? Is a site where dog lovers post pics and swap stories of their dogs, I have my dog Mini on there..also Foxy who disappeared xmas 2005...Very heartbroken for months I was...But now have Missy and Mini, they are great.

For wierd pets, I always had a pet spider. In high school I had Wolfgang the huntsman and would take her to school.. She would sit on my jumper in lessons etc, freaked the kids out no end. Excellent pet, no mess, happy to live in a tank and loves flies, moths and cockroaches...Too cool :)