11. p(k) = λ^k / (k!)(e^λ) 126

12. 1.51 121L QED {[cos(2θ) sin(2θ), sin(2θ) -cos(2θ)]*265G}

13. -((h/2π)^2/2m)(∂^2Ψ(x,t)/∂x^2)+V(x,t)Ψ(x,t) = j(h/2π)(∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t) 91

Itadakimasu! ;)

• Answers 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The first word is right...;P...for the second, well, this stuff sells news...

I have a suggestion... that would make the puzzles easier.

e.g.

9. (162)^3

9. (162(6))^3 to give a little hint to the number of letters involved :rolleyes:

Edited by Ben Law

I have a suggestion... that would make the puzzles easier.

e.g.

9. (162)^3

9. (162(6))^3 to give a little hint to the number of letters involved :rolleyes:

Lol...but I don't want it to be easier...I think it is exactly the right difficulty...people have been getting these at what I think is a good pace...;P

yep, it is lesser than...hint: don't think too hard...it's only #3, so it's not that hard...*12*, on the other hand...hehe ;P

OK . ... attempting it

CONVErGeS lesser than ???

Will need at least 24 hours for #12, and am sure I will get it :P

#10 last 3 letters are "nat" ?

OK . ... attempting it

CONVErGeS lesser than ???

Will need at least 24 hours for #12, and am sure I will get it :P

#10 last 3 letters are "nat" ?

#3: no, try to figure out a word for the math part (the second word) first, then find words that go along with it...

#10: no...actual letters are capitalized...that's part of the math ;P

40 = Coal

isn't it a bit of a problem that 'coal' can be CoAl or COAl? this type of encryption would need to have a pre-set value system to work. For instance: always use the largest or smallest summation. sorry if this has already been addressed, i only discovered these puzzles last night and they are very good despite this inconsistency. i like #9 the best. 10 and 12 though... hmmm.

edit: i wouldn't say #3 was an easy one b/c

it was some kind of 'lesson'. I tried every lesson i could think of and actually came within 12 and 5, but never 160 exactly. i think you were a bit misleading when you told Ben it meant 'lesser than' in post 92. I took that too literally.

isn't it a bit of a problem that 'coal' can be CoAl or COAl? this type of encryption would need to have a pre-set value system to work. For instance: always use the largest or smallest summation. sorry if this has already been addressed, i only discovered these puzzles last night and they are very good despite this inconsistency. i like #9 the best. 10 and 12 though... hmmm.

It is not only what Itachi has said, you also need to find the correct synonym after you have got the meaning... GJ Archimedes for solving # 3 ... for #12 am still hovering around it :P Got a few words and still thinking of the synonyms which will fit into the mathematical side of the riddle.

edit: i wouldn't say #3 was an easy one b/c

it was some kind of 'lesson'. I tried every lesson i could think of and actually came within 12 and 5, but never 160 exactly. i think you were a bit misleading when you told Ben it meant 'lesser than' in post 92. I took that too literally.

Well, if the puzzle went from word-> number there would need to be a preset, since there could be more than one possible answer, but since the puzzle it to go from number -> word, I just have to choose a way to do a particular word, and when you have a word in mind, you try to figure out the possible values and see if one fits, if one does, then it is the answer (or an answer I didn't think of ;P).

Lol...the math part is supposed to be taking math and "putting it into plain english" so most of them are taking the mathematical operator and finding a word that means the same thing, such as ellipse->oval and obtuse->ignorance.

And for some reason, I thought you'd like #9 ;)