12. 1.51 121L QED {[cos(2θ) sin(2θ), sin(2θ) -cos(2θ)]*265G}

13. -((h/2π)^2/2m)(∂^2Ψ(x,t)/∂x^2)+V(x,t)Ψ(x,t) = j(h/2π)(∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t) 91

Itadakimasu! ;)

• Answers 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Everyone, I love your spunk!

Actually, I titled this "a combo meal" because it's a combination of some things I've used before...

Initially I considered subtitling this "Enigmatic Enigma Out This Figure"...;P

The first 9 should be okay...10 requires some thinking out of the (jack in the) box, 11 needs some special sauce, and 12 is a real whopper! ;P (have you realized that I love themes yet?) 13 isn't really that hard, but being me, I had to include it and conclude with it...the cherry on top!

The puzzles look interesting, but it's hard to pull things out of thin air. If there is a theme of what the items are, it would be nice to know. Based on your original post it seems that they are all fast-food items, or fast-food restaurants. This post I'm replying too seems to say that items 10-12 are fast-food things. But then your last post says that some are animals.

Are these all just random items? If so, how are people supposed to solve them. #1 has "2π rad" which could be circle or round or ... If I knew roughly what I was going after things would be fun.

The puzzles look interesting, but it's hard to pull things out of thin air. If there is a theme of what the items are, it would be nice to know. Based on your original post it seems that they are all fast-food items, or fast-food restaurants. This post I'm replying too seems to say that items 10-12 are fast-food things. But then your last post says that some are animals.

Are these all just random items? If so, how are people supposed to solve them. #1 has "2π rad" which could be circle or round or ... If I knew roughly what I was going after things would be fun.

No, not fast food items...that's just a fun theme ;). If you want a theme for "what to do" then it would be "Enigmatic Enigma out this Figure", i.e. a combination of what was done in the Enigmatic Enigma puzzles and the opposite of the Figure this out puzzle...search for those if you haven't seen them, it should help. I'll tell you that each one corresponds to a thing or phrase, so the strategy I would suggest is

Get an idea what the math part is, i.e. for 1 you think it's circle or round, then try to find phrases/things that fit with that term and see if it works out in the Enigmatic Enigma part. Good luck!

:)

Okay, come on, several people were on the right track...don't give up...

JDave was right, 2pi rad refers to circle or round. There are two numbers after it, so there are two more words in that exp​ression...think of exp​ressions with "circle something something" or "round something something"...

Obtuse is the right mathematical definition of the angle for 2, but the word is not "obtuse", but "obtuse" "put into plain english", so think of words that mean the same thing...(if you don't know the meaning look in a dictionary or thesaurus). It also has two more numbers after it, so two words after the word that means "obtuse"...

The rest can be solved similarly, and once you find the numbers for some common words in exp​ressions, such as "of" and "is", you should be able to recognize those, which will make the rest easier.

Good luck!

Okay, come on, several people were on the right track...don't give up...

JDave was right, 2pi rad refers to circle or round. There are two numbers after it, so there are two more words in that exp​ression...think of exp​ressions with "circle something something" or "round something something"...

Obtuse is the right mathematical definition of the angle for 2, but the word is not "obtuse", but "obtuse" "put into plain english", so think of words that mean the same thing...(if you don't know the meaning look in a dictionary or thesaurus). It also has two more numbers after it, so two words after the word that means "obtuse"...

The rest can be solved similarly, and once you find the numbers for some common words in exp​ressions, such as "of" and "is", you should be able to recognize those, which will make the rest easier.

Good luck!

Circle of Life ! :D

I though of that...but could't make it work. What elements did you use?

Could be completely wrong but...

The square root of -1 is i -- an imaginary number. The next item is just a number. So I just put the two together on that one.

8. {1/cos(θ)}s 109

I think I have the start of this, but I can't figure out the second part.

Seconds _______

because 1/cos = secant or sec (which could also mean second), add the s at the end and you have seconds.

Help, y'all!
<something that means obtuse, like stupid or dumb>

69 = is or hip

40 = coal

but "stupid is coal" doesn't make any sense

If #5 is "multiply like rabbits" then 69 should be "like". Another word that could mean "obtuse" could be "dense". Going with your coal reference, Dense like coal?

Going for the animal reference: Dumb Like a Fox (see

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0148091/ )

Dumb as a doornail?