BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV Sign-Up

unreality

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New role... the Yettie :P instead of the GR. ( or maybe werewolf) depends on where it is. :blink:

Yep, the Yeti was one we thought of already, though we don't plan on it taking the GR's place.

I think a warewolf / vampires vs. <warewolf/vampire killers here> would be cool :D

That would be weird though, wouldn't it? It's a little more complicated then one vs. another, it's more like one vs. another vs. another vs. another. :lol:

We've already got the ideas down for Mafia V anyway. B))

I think there could be helicopters that come out of the snowy mountains and start blowing people away with machine guns sporadically. Part of the baddie team of course. That could be a role all its own.

One other idea is to let people choose a number ,say from 1-20 , and each number represents a role. That way no one can pee about who they play. :rolleyes: What do you think dead people who are misbehaving on Mafia IV? :lol:

Let me guess: Yeti, Abominable Snowmen, polar bears, penguins,eskimos... something like that? Oh yeah, and I did mean to put down Mafia VI...

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Let me guess: Yeti, Abominable Snowmen, polar bears, penguins,eskimos... something like that? Oh yeah, and I did mean to put down Mafia VI...

Now you're getting it...though Yetis are basically abominable snowmen, and no polar bears(well, maybe, actually that's not a bad idea). Yes, it's all quite obvious, but it will be a nice change of pace. B))

That would be weird though, wouldn't it? It's a little more complicated then one vs. another, it's more like one vs. another vs. another vs. another. :lol:

We've already got the ideas down for Mafia V anyway. B))

No different that having QA/mafia vs inocents.

I was thinking of the numerous cool ways to die.. I would WANT to die, because it would be cool getting you skull crushed by a giant warewolf.. :P

You know, I thought of a bunch of cool names for whatever icy place you're taking this to, frost.

Glacius, Aurora, Summit, Tundra...

Oooh...I like Aurora, but I decided on the name a while ago. Sorry. B))

I thought of some good roles for Mafia V while I was on vacation:

* Shaman - an ancient mystic of the north. Is basically the MoE for the Innocents. Also, has an additional spell of casting the 'northern lights', ie, aurora borealis. While the northern lights are flickering, nobody can die, except the Shaman, who dies, cuz causing photons from the sun to bash against the electromagnetic barriers around the earth resulting in the Aurora takes up a lot of energy B))

* Icon - the icon is a celebrity of Pengville. If they die at night, there is a double lynching the next day to avenge them. Ie, someone is selected, the target noted, then another person is selected, and both are lynched. If the Icon dies in a lynching, however, something bad happens that night (not sure if baddies would get double, that may be too extreme, but something). To make the Icon's power not necessarily rest only in death, they would have the ability to (only once) stop a lynching due to their celebrity (if they PMed me in time). Unlike the Mayor, the Icon is not a "confirmed Innocent". They would not be able to stop their own lynching. Not sure about the balance of this role, though

* Inuit - the Inuit is a hunter of the ice, and knows when sh*t is going on. The Inuit wants to see the Quarkies outta there. This would be a replacement for the Warlock

things Frost and I have already decided on:

* Yeti - instead of Sphinx

* Penguin Ninja - instead of Ninja

Frost: yeah the ability would have to be transferred into Mafia-terms somehow ;D

Frozen: a good idea in theory, except (a) the Godfather is already a discovery role, and (b) the flow of information in a Mafia game is everything. Information is power. So I'm still not sure on how this could work, I was just throwing around names/ideas ;D we already have four good Mafia roles, and Mafia V might even end up having only 3 Mafiosos if we use the Cultist idea, which he probably won't. Maybe. I don't know at this point :D

I think there could be helicopters that come out of the snowy mountains and start blowing people away with machine guns sporadically. Part of the baddie team of course. That could be a role all its own.

One other idea is to let people choose a number ,say from 1-20 , and each number represents a role. That way no one can pee about who they play. :rolleyes: What do you think dead people who are misbehaving on Mafia IV? :lol:

This would be sudden, while it was a serene day in where ever.

Frost: yeah the ability would have to be transferred into Mafia-terms somehow ;D

Frozen: a good idea in theory, except (a) the Godfather is already a discovery role, and (b) the flow of information in a Mafia game is everything. Information is power. So I'm still not sure on how this could work, I was just throwing around names/ideas ;D we already have four good Mafia roles, and Mafia V might even end up having only 3 Mafiosos if we use the Cultist idea, which he probably won't. Maybe. I don't know at this point :D

I have a great imagination but I never watched that many movies. Somethings don't go as planned, understandably. So there can be some innocents involved, in a way ,that helps their odds of being defeated ....The games must go on. Sign up for the next rock, paper, scissors, at your nearby Others.

I'm thinking of setting Mafia VI possibly in the 'underground' of the capital city Denbrain, with lots of criminal societies:

3 Mafia (Don, Thief, Bankroller). Don is the Godfather, basically

2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei). Oyabun is the boss of the Yakuza ring, Shatei is just a goon. Still thinking on the Oyabun's ability. Know who each other are. Kill on even nights. If the Oyabun dies before the Shatei, his ability is passed on to the Shatei

2 Quarky Agents (two of the roles, haven't decided which)

1 Grim Reaper - MAYBE

12ish Innocents

I'm thinking of setting Mafia VI possibly in the 'underground' of the capital city Denbrain, with lots of criminal societies:

3 Mafia (Don, Thief, Bankroller). Don is the Godfather, basically

2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei). Oyabun is the boss of the Yakuza ring, Shatei is just a goon. Still thinking on the Oyabun's ability. Know who each other are. Kill on even nights. If the Oyabun dies before the Shatei, his ability is passed on to the Shatei

2 Quarky Agents (two of the roles, haven't decided which)

1 Grim Reaper - MAYBE

12ish Innocents

Sounds like a lot of deaths each day.

nope, actually ;D

less QAs = harder QA kill & findeachother

two Yakuza = only kill on even nights, like grim reaper (which I might take out of the game, depending on who wins Mafia V) but are small in numbers and get less kills and the Doctor and Healer can both save TWO people on even nights

nope, actually ;D

less QAs = harder QA kill & findeachother

two Yakuza = only kill on even nights, like grim reaper (which I might take out of the game, depending on who wins Mafia V) but are small in numbers and get less kills and the Doctor and Healer can both save TWO people on even nights

Oh really? That sounds interesting. They might actually save someone this time around. :D

Edited by Frost