BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Imagine a room with the dimensions of 6.9m by 14.2m. The ceiling is 6m high. There are two windows with dimensions of 2m by 2.2m.

Imagine you are in the exact centre of the room and then imagine that there are eight men all with guns pointing at you.

Imagine you go on and play a game of Russian Roullete. Imagine you are told that one of the eight guns has a bullet, whilst the other seven have blanks. Imagine a second person comes and joins you in the middle. You have to now pick which gun shoots at you and then the second person does the same thing. Whoever gets shot with the live bullet dies, as you would expect.

But there is a TWIST. IF the person to be shot at believes the gun has a live bullet he can forfeit. In forfeiting the game the person has to give all their possesions (family, house, job etc) to the other person.

You have to decide who goes first.

a) Should you go first or second.

b) Is there a logical method of working out which one has the bullet

c) How can you GUARANTEE that you walk away with everything.

Clue: The answer is obvious when you think about the setup clearly.

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is not a language riddle.

This is a "neglect to give you the pertinent information, and you must make one rather excessive assumption" riddle.

I mean, really, people even tried making assumptions, but they were "wrong" for not making the assumption the "riddle" writer assumed they would make. That just doesn't seem right.

I agree, I call shenanigans on this riddle.

Using timbolina's logic, the answer could be any of the guesses you all made. He left out pertinient information and conveniently mentioned it in order to solve the riddle. This riddle is a dud.

Using timbolina's logic, the answer could be any of the guesses you all made. He left out pertinient information and conveniently mentioned it in order to solve the riddle. This riddle is a dud.

hmmmmmm. Can we go back to imagining now then? ;)

Man, that's a good one. Here's another along the same lines: You have two buckets upside down. You're told that under one is a check for a million dollars, and under the other is absolutely nothing. You have no idea which bucket is which. Which bucket do you choose? Note the wording of the riddle.

Answer: You were told wrong. Both buckets have a gun underneath them, and whichever bucket you choose, you use the gun that's underneath it to kill the person who told you wrong.

I can't believe we couldn't answer this riddle.

a) Should you go first or second.

b) Is there a logical method of working out which one has the bullet

c) How can you GUARANTEE that you walk away with everything.

um. i guess the answer to (b) is you are given the answer????

That was a really stupid answer. Your told wrong ? Then you might as well just run out the room since theres a room and go home or steal a gun and knock the dude out cold and steal his stuff T_T.

sentances start with IMAGINE, that has to tell you something.

Riddles usually state facts - You are in a room....

It's more of perception than language I think

You do not have to make assumptions!!!

The riddle states that you have people with guns pointing to you and you where told that only one gun has a bullet.

Another person comes then and joins you, but the riddle doesn't stay that he was told the same thing!!!

So, let him go first, he will see people pointing guns at him and he has to choose the one who shoots! he will definately forfeit than thinking that all the guns are armed...

Do you agree or not?